FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still trying to find the park off Kingsley . . . Clarke Park? Anybody got a cross street? While looking, I ran across info that this park will be closed indefinitely for construction. Was that a planned thing?
http://www.townoforangepark.com/

just something I have ran across but can't sleuth on here because LE hasn't stated what I want to sleuth.. I hope I am not confusing you more. sorry I just will not break TOS ..

It was just something in the media but a lot of times we still can't sleuth here because LE hasn't named them or stated they are involved.

I am just stuck tho on my sleuthing for today. maybe tomorrow will hit me like a brick.

I hope this has helped with your question. I am in no way local or friends or family to anyone.. I wish I was local. lol

No, you haven't confused me anymore than I am already confused.:banghead:
And I didn't mean to imply you were a local or connected.

I am confused about not being able to sleuth people not mentioned by LE, or LE stated involved. LE hasn't mentioned anyone and we've sleuthed a bunch of people.
Did we break TOS that many times? Yikes.
And really in a case such as this when LE is not naming anyone, then what is there to sleuth. The board would be eerily silent.

I am not trying to be controversial, and your post isn't the first to mention this so I am confused about that aspect of it.

A more direct way to state this is:
If LE doesn't name anyone, or mention anyone, who are we allowed to sleuth?
Granted we haven't really sleuthed anyone and used names, we've used initials which has made my head hurt, but I get it.
Does the initial rule not apply? Please straighten me out.

No, you haven't confused me anymore than I am already confused.:banghead:
And I didn't mean to imply you were a local or connected.

I am confused about not being able to sleuth people not mentioned by LE, or LE stated involved. LE hasn't mentioned anyone and we've sleuthed a bunch of people.
Did we break TOS that many times? Yikes.
And really in a case such as this when LE is not naming anyone, then what is there to sleuth. The board would be eerily silent.

I am not trying to be controversial, and your post isn't the first to mention this so I am confused about that aspect of it.

A more direct way to state this is:
If LE doesn't name anyone, or mention anyone, who are we allowed to sleuth?
Granted we haven't really sleuthed anyone and used names, we've used initials which has made my head hurt, but I get it.
Does the initial rule not apply? Please straighten me out.

Oh my share ,, my head hurts now.. I can't straighten you out , cause I need straighten out also..
someone smarter than me needs to answer this one.. mod maybe. or maybe I should delete my post like it didn't happen?? would that be easier ?>?

I need 3 excedrins..

Oh my share ,, my head hurts now.. I can't straighten you out , cause I need straighten out also..
someone smarter than me needs to answer this one.. mod maybe. or maybe I should delete my post like it didn't happen?? would that be easier ?>?

I need 3 excedrins..

LOL ..May be we are all getting delirious

Maybe we should just play clue

ms scarlet in the kitchen with the rope

LOL ..May be we are all getting delirious

Maybe we should just play clue

ms scarlet in the kitchen with the rope

I got Col. Mustard in the library with a candlestick. LOL

The thing DT said that seemed the most odd to me was her broken glass imagery in talking about the case:

"I can't imagine them not catching him," Thompson said. "That's my scariest ... I feel like there's a piece of broken glass in front of me. And I've got all the pieces to the broken glass except for this one, huge piece and that's to catch the monster who did this."
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/somer-thompson-mother-diena-searches-killer/story?id=9029804&page=2

Most people would talk about having a puzzle with a piece missing, or something like that. Then again, perhaps it just struck me odd because I had recently read a post reporting a rumor that the child was found covered in broken glass and I linked the two things together.

For me, discussing a child murder here on WS or any crime blog is very much like a puzzle - looking to fit pieces together, laying down pieces that don't fit, and throwing some out. I call that kind of sleuthing - putting a puzzle together with known facts.

If my child was murdered and thrown in the trash, I'm pretty positive I wouldn't be looking at the tragedy as a puzzle, but as a broken, jagged, piece of glass that hurts me, and all those who loved my child, every second of every minute of every hour.

With this being the beginning of Thanksgiving week, I would like to extend to mom T, siblings, dad T, family, and all the beautiful young children who must be horrified in trying to make sense of such a senseless tragedy - a peaceful Thanksgiving...A Thanksgiving that brings the love and strength of family together. :blowkiss:

The thing DT said that seemed the most odd to me was her broken glass imagery in talking about the case:

"I can't imagine them not catching him," Thompson said. "That's my scariest ... I feel like there's a piece of broken glass in front of me. And I've got all the pieces to the broken glass except for this one, huge piece and that's to catch the monster who did this."
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/somer-thompson-mother-diena-searches-killer/story?id=9029804&page=2

Most people would talk about having a puzzle with a piece missing, or something like that. Then again, perhaps it just struck me odd because I had recently read a post reporting a rumor that the child was found covered in broken glass and I linked the two things together.

She was waxing pretty poetic there with that description.

I thought of you when I saw a man buying a pack the other day.. almost followed him!!!

Not me, right (looks around nervously)
You thought of Cam, right (shaking head yes, yes, yes)

I was never good at clue.. sorry ..

More than a few pages back, I'd watched a video with a Jeanie Blaylock (reporter) in it. She had been inside the Thompson home, invited by a family friend.

I posted and then deleted a comment about who I thought was AT referring to her dad as being "her source of strength" and that she was waiting for him to arrive from out of town. Then after listening again, I thought it was DT whose dad was coming in from out of town.

Can anyone tell me whether DT's parents live in FL? By accident (and because I am being distracted by things in Thread 14 that I missed) I found another property that is listed as being owned by PB and DB.

ETA (I found PB on Millbrook but this is not the address of the residence I accidentally found.)

Was I right the first time, and it was AT who was waiting for her dad's arrival?

TIA
*still in 14 with a side trip to http://gis.claycountygov.com/clayview/

For me, discussing a child murder here on WS or any crime blog is very much like a puzzle - looking to fit pieces together, laying down pieces that don't fit, and throwing some out. I call that kind of sleuthing - putting a puzzle together with known facts.

If my child was murdered and thrown in the trash, I'm pretty positive I wouldn't be looking at the tragedy as a puzzle, but as a broken, jagged, piece of glass that hurts me, and all those who loved my child, every second of every minute of every hour.

With this being the beginning of Thanksgiving week, I would like to extend to mom T, siblings, dad T, family, and all the beautiful young children who must be horrified in trying to make sense of such a senseless tragedy - a peaceful Thanksgiving...A Thanksgiving that brings the love and strength of family together. :blowkiss:

Somer had the right to have a peaceful Thanksgiving too but someone took it from her

Still trying to find the park off Kingsley . . . Clarke Park? Anybody got a cross street? While looking, I ran across info that this park will be closed indefinitely for construction. Was that a planned thing?
http://www.townoforangepark.com/

Oh heavens ... when I read that Clark Park was near PC's work, I looked in Jacksonville and the park I was looking at was Charles Boobie Clark Park (seriously). That is the park that was near V D&B (contractors).

Is this the one you are looking for?

http://www.north-florida-family-fun-guide.com/clarke-house-park.html

Clarke House Park
1047 Kingsley Ave
Orange Park, FL 32073

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors