FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you see anything missing from the "FACTS" list above, please let me know.

If you had a hand in compiling that list, let me know. I don't want to miss anyone who took the time to do this, and don't want to take credit for doing anything but putting it in this format and posting it here.

If you see something that should be repeated under another heading, let me know.

Also, if you know the answer to anything in red, let me know.

Sadnpod, did ST arrive in FL on Saturday? TIA.

The first thing you have listed threw me off for a bit....until I remembered Somer's birthday was in April, it sounded like you were saying she disappeared on her birthday. "ST was 7 years old on October 19th"...well, you are correct of course, she WAS, but I wonder if someone who hasn't read when her b'day is would take that like I did at first. I know....sounds stupid....but it took me a few minutes to REMEMBER that her b'day was in April. (LOL)

I had nothing to do with it other than putting it here and revising it a bit and formatting by name.

The credit goes to those who compiled it in the first place. ETA: And if you know I've missed someone who should get the credit, please let me know.

Hi~ It might be helpful in the event it is a long time (hope not), before this case is solved, to devote a note in your compilation about the book bag/backpack and lunch box in all it's various descriptions. It is the last known "new" clue. I know we have the sketches to refer to but even as late as yesterday I noted there are posters out there trying to track these down, and can't find them sold/described anywhere. So they may or may not be that accurate now and might be subject to change again. We just don't know.

If you think it is relevant. TIA

Here is my two cents of what I think happened

DT asked SP to say and babysit cause she had a appt and would not be home at the usual time

She was getting off at 4pm to attend appt and called SP to check on the kids

SP did not call her because he knew she had appt and thought he could handle it

On her way to pick up AC she called PC to come home and look for somer because she need to get to appt and did have time

She was planning on picking up AC at OPAA at 4pm maybe he was part off the appt and would not have been able to babysit that day

Maybe she never made it to the appt after that and instead searched for somer

Just my thoughts

O/T
Im just wondering.. I see all the hard work you and many others put into this forum...

is the "credit" to whoever that important? Seems like its all these minds and all their individual gifts and resources that pool together is what makes ws successful.. a joint effort... by all.

I never try to give credit to anyone, other than pushin the thanks button, just because I assume they know their input is invaluable, so if I missed given credit where credit is due... it wasnt a slight... it was an *advertiser censored* u me moment!!

I don't know if it's important or not. LOL But I didn't want anyone to think that I'd done all that. The lists I did are linked in my signature. The lion's share of what is in the Facts list came from SharetheLight;s post back in Thread 15 (that's why her name has a link to it).

It could be that what is in her post was put together by others. I just don't know. I think if anyone took the time to try to compile a facts list, they should be acknowledged. I think it was Doggies who brought it up in Thread 21 or 22 and there were people responding to that request ...

Personally, I feel anything I post here or in my list is "free for the taking" as far as the case goes. If I didn't want to share it, I wouldn't have posted it, and I wouldn't have put the links in my signature. I don't do it for a pat on the back but I do hate to see the lists taken other places and never updated.

I just think the more information that's readily available to people following the case, the better. I hate when I put something in the Who's Who that turns out to be wrong and I see it repeated all over the place ... I feel some sort of responsibility even when I'm not a member of the site it's now on.

Lunchtime now here. Hope to sneak on for a bit in the afternoon.

Did someone do a geneaology on the S name that is of the Homer variety and the DT ralatives?

Someone on here has access to a paid geneaology site and understands what the site says, which is another job in itself, to me.

I wish we knew if the SC is the one that has the relationship with the RSO.

Aren't teaching licenses public record in Florida? I'm at work and can't look it up. Maybe there would be a middle name on that.

LOL yes they are ... well I found several SCs on that list. I didn't want to add those to the mix.

Here is where I searched and found other links of interest within pages there
http://www.fldoe.org/edcert/public.asp?lname=carter&fname=susan&district=

Noway, thanks for compiling the fact sheet. You rock :) And as for this

" Personally, I feel anything I post here or in my list is "free for the taking" as far as the case goes. If I didn't want to share it, I wouldn't have posted it, and I wouldn't have put the links in my signature. I don't do it for a pat on the back but I do hate to see the lists taken other places and never updated.

I just think the more information that's readily available to people following the case, the better. I hate when I put something in the Who's Who that turns out to be wrong and I see it repeated all over the place ... I feel some sort of responsibility even when I'm not a member of the site it's now on."

couldn't have put it better myself!

If DT got off early from work because she needed to go look for somer how did she know AC would be waiting at OPAA?
IMO.. I think it was already known that he would be there, for sports maybe or the skate park.

and my 2 cents... after walking the area and seeing the shortcut.. from the park to home...seeing a path on this shortcut, neighbors telling me kids use it all the time.. the open gate at the end... the time lines to me are all muddied anyway. But I dont think AT could have gone that far even on the shortcut and been back in 15 mins.

SP did not look and sent AT back out because he wasnt concerned... no biggie.. she goes off on her own alot... I base this assumption on comments I have read by neighbors and family that said AC took care of the younger kids. Also given that AT came back and was sent out to "look real good", to me means shes out there, you just need to look harder.

I think AT lost track of somer because she hid behind the tanks and let them pass, she lost them intentionally, before she talked to man at gano house. It was literally hours before anyone looked for her... looked really good for her.

Based on what i have been told of their relationship (two yrs prior) AC was her father figure, her babysitter, and her hero. I think she was waiting for him to get to that park after school because the others were teasing her.

And I think the wrong person observed all of this from their car slowly passing thru, and took advantage of what he saw...somer alone... wandering around... waiting for AC... or, at the gano house itself.

And the kid yesterday with the turtle makes me believe I am on the right track... anyone who doesnt understand this will have to go back. There was a time I would have just thought this was a coincidence and it might very well be.. but I will keep digging and walking til a better scenario is proven to me.

THESE ARE ONLY MY OPINIONS

Houndstooth and New1, the list now reads:

SOMER
Somer Thompson was 7 years old when she disappeared on October 19, 2009.
Somer's birthday is April 5, 2002.
Somer's lunchbox and book bag have not been found. Details first reported on AMW November 7. (Previous reports had not mentioned lunchbox; bookbag was "pink with skulls and hearts"; "Hannah Montana backpack"; "black bookbag")
Does this work? Is that where you were going with that? LOL ... I am trying to multi-task.

Those were both great points.

From Paris_Paris's post yesterday, thread #22, post 515:
CWG was married in 9/90

If CWG was married in 9/90, that makes him 17 at the time he got married (12/21/72 is his dob). I think the girl he married was born in 1974 so that makes her 15, or 16 at time of marriage depending on when her bday is.

They divorced 7/91, this was a 10 month marriage. And there was one child born to them.

I am inclined to think that the case CWG was adjudicated for in 1992 may have stemmed from this relationship.
I still have many questions, but as long as things take to be adjudicated it seems plausible this may have happened.

In TX the age of consent is 17. The crime he is charged with is Sexual Assault according to the FL database.

When I looked up sexual assault in the TX penal code there is an (1) and a (2)
(1) deals with sexual contact without consent
(2) deals with any sexual contact with a child, a child being defined as anyone under the age of 17.

Since the age of consent is 17, it may be likely he was charged with (2), but I am not sure and still can't find his charges. A conviction under (2) requires one remain on the SOR for life.

Considering all of this I am going to take CWG off my radar until someone comes up with some info about his original charge that is contrary to this.

Sadnpod if you talk to LE in TX again, can you let me know if they tell you what his original charge was.
Specifically if is was 22.011(a)(2)

One can be charged with 22.011a2 if they are 17 or older and are having consensual sex with someone over 14 but younger than 17. If you are less than 2 years older you may argue that as a viable defense but it will not keep you from being charged.

About the bookbag. I don't remember who told me this but it was in the comments of an article, and the person commenting was a teacher or worked at a school and said she/he saw these everywhere and they were available on ebay.

I have to think she was referring to 1)bookbags/backpacks with skulls (in general) 2) Hannah Montana backpacks.

I have been on ebay several times now, as have many others here, and unless LE removed those from that site, I don't know where to find them!

Houndstooth and New1, the list now reads:

Does this work? Is that where you were going with that? LOL ... I am trying to multi-task.

Thanks again! haha. well maybe just tweak the order of appearance. Also, I remember reading a comment by a poster who said their flyer had described it as "Hello Kitty". ( this was a rant of confusion apparantly when a tv interviewer said it was "Hannah Montana") I have no other info to corroborate whether there WAS a flyer in the early days that said S. was carrying H.K. backpack, so don't know if that should be included.

I just saw your post. I posted on here about the school employee too that I remember reading who said "they see thousands like that every day". But, I don't think they meant that specific one, either. They did say go to e-bay. That made me think THEY already had so I did and found nothing remotely like either one!

Did someone do a geneaology on the S name that is of the Homer variety and the DT ralatives?

Someone on here has access to a paid geneaology site and understands what the site says, which is another job in itself, to me.

I wish we knew if the SC is the one that has the relationship with the RSO.

Aren't teaching licenses public record in Florida? I'm at work and can't look it up. Maybe there would be a middle name on that.

BBM
she is a principal at a private school. not sure she would need a teaching license for that-- it is more administrative--does anyone know? i have no idea what the requirements would be.

where i live the requirements for private school teachers are much more lax than the requirements for public school teachers.

IMO.. I think it was already known that he would be there, for sports maybe or the skate park.

and my 2 cents... after walking the area and seeing the shortcut.. from the park to home...seeing a path on this shortcut, neighbors telling me kids use it all the time.. the open gate at the end... the time lines to me are all muddied anyway. But I dont think AT could have gone that far even on the shortcut and been back in 15 mins.

SP did not look and sent AT back out because he wasnt concerned... no biggie.. she goes off on her own alot... I base this assumption on comments I have read by neighbors and family that said AC took care of the younger kids. Also given that AT came back and was sent out to "look real good", to me means shes out there, you just need to look harder.

I think AT lost track of somer because she hid behind the tanks and let them pass, she lost them intentionally, before she talked to man at gano house. It was literally hours before anyone looked for her... looked really good for her.

Based on what i have been told of their relationship (two yrs prior) AC was her father figure, her babysitter, and her hero. I think she was waiting for him to get to that park after school because the others were teasing her.

And I think the wrong person observed all of this from their car slowly passing thru, and took advantage of what he saw...somer alone... wandering around... waiting for AC... or, at the gano house itself.

And the kid yesterday with the turtle makes me believe I am on the right track... anyone who doesnt understand this will have to go back. There was a time I would have just thought this was a coincidence and it might very well be.. but I will keep digging and walking til a better scenario is proven to me.

THESE ARE ONLY MY OPINIONS

I also believe she was hiding too and waiting for either AC or Mom.. i think she new mom was picking up AC at opaa and wanted to explain before AT told her about the fight

Im getting the same vibe share... WTH? I dont get it.... now lets watch the fund raising begin... Why would the sheriff do that... I can see him advising her to seek an attorney, but not giving a name... that just seems inappropiate to me... kinda like an ambulance driver giving his passengers the name of a doctor..

Sounds like they're buddies to me! Very inappropriate!

To correct myself... TX LE has contacted OP LE, does not appear OPLE has asked for their help or to verify his whereabouts... TX LE is now contacting them.. either way, it appears this particular RSO comes and goes as he pleases.. cross state lines, thru all the southern states... AL, GA, FL.. Also, IMO, he knows the system.. and how to manipulate it..

Why wouldn't OP LE be chomping at the bit to talk to TX LE? Does OP LE know he's dirty but not involved in this case or have they just dropped the ball??

From Paris_Paris's post yesterday, thread #22, post 515:
CWG was married in 9/90

If CWG was married in 9/90, that makes him 17 at the time he got married (12/21/72 is his dob). I think the girl he married was born in 1974 so that makes her 15, or 16 at time of marriage depending on when her bday is.

They divorced 7/91, this was a 10 month marriage. And there was one child born to them.

I am inclined to think that the case CWG was adjudicated for in 1992 may have stemmed from this relationship.
I still have many questions, but as long as things take to be adjudicated it seems plausible this may have happened.

In TX the age of consent is 17. The crime he is charged with is Sexual Assault according to the FL database.

When I looked up sexual assault in the TX penal code there is an (1) and a (2)
(1) deals with sexual contact without consent
(2) deals with any sexual contact with a child, a child being defined as anyone under the age of 17.

Since the age of consent is 17, it may be likely he was charged with (2), but I am not sure and still can't find his charges. A conviction under (2) requires one remain on the SOR for life.

Considering all of this I am going to take CWG off my radar until someone comes up with some info about his original charge that is contrary to this.

Sadnpod if you talk to LE in TX again, can you let me know if they tell you what his original charge was.
Specifically if is was 22.011(a)(2)

One can be charged with 22.011a2 if they are 17 or older and are having consensual sex with someone over 14 but younger than 17. If you are less than 2 years older you may argue that as a viable defense but it will not keep you from being charged.

I will ask , but one more thing I would like to know... the warrant out on 1/2009 says sex offenses.... wouldnt it say "failing to register" is thats what its for?

IMO sharethelight is right on the mark for CWG. TXLE confirmed all his offenses go back to first offense, and she is right on mark for that. Every charge since has been failing to register, including current warrant in fl. They confirmed that warrant is for failing to register..

IMO TX can keep him... hes off my radar too.

Thanks shar and tarabull... I think we have enough to move on from CWG

Thanks again! haha. well maybe just tweak the order of appearance. ...

I'm not sure what you mean. LOL

black book bag (Diena said this in MPR)
pink black and white backpack with skulls hearts and crossbones (this is the one I remember hearing because I went on an Internet search)
purple HM backpack (finding 'with hearts and skulls' and variations)

From Diena's description of clothes (which I watched on the Eyes website) it was a jogging suit (although 'jumpsuit' was said), cranberry with pink stripes and she had black shirt underneath.

I'll add that to the facts and will link to video in its entirety, not from Eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot