FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You may be referring to posts that I did not see. I do remember another who said it came from a random detective over the phone. (??)

I might add that the guy was enabled to crash because he rode with the other poster and her group which I thought was weird to do considering it was with the father of S. So, turns out he knows the mother and has a fixation because they met at the bar a few times. Even weirder.

And you suspect that this guy is the same guy now in the Keys or this bar only hires guys named Chris to tend it? Ya'll post, I'll read.

BBL

In number 26, there are references from iwanno to scratch guy. Claims he's a cousin, post 285. iwannno claims he came up from Orlando, but sleuths claim to have seen him in OP for at least 2 weeks after, IIRC.

iwanno claims that Tight Jeans is a bouncer at Crazy Horse. There are posts 291,295 and 298 that refer to him.. May be more, but I didn't look. iwanno claims that Tight Jeans said he was engaged to DT and tried to crash into the house as well.

Do we know if any of this is true? No,, but we don't know if ANYTHING that the media or that LE has said is true because NONE of it adds up with time lines or "facts" said one day and different "facts" another day.

So I take things with a grain of salt and see where sleuthers lead.

With all of these different people that are being sleuthed here, I would imagine, or at least hope, that LE has their own short list of suspects right now. If all they are waiting on is DNA results and one of the people on their short list is a match that would be a very good day.

What I’m wondering is what is taking them so long? I’m not familiar with the science of DNA and thought maybe someone here could shed some light. If this was a sexual assault and murder, would they not have been able to have the perpetrators DNA profile pretty quickly? And if there was no sexual assault, would they have to extract all DNA that they could find on Somer and then would they be able to come up with individual profiles of people who had been in close contact with Somer that day? Is that why it's taking so long? I would imagine that Somer was in contact with a lot of people that day so how would they be able to narrow down a perpetrator?

I think that DNA thing is tough because do they ask for DNA from children in her class to eliminate it?

Or they could have found DNA on places that would not be casual contact.
I think it is even harder because could DNA be on her from people putting their old food in the trash or touching their garbage bag? It sounds like a total nightmare when I think about it this way, so maybe that's why we haven't heard anything.

Maybe in fact they have the suspect in mind, and are getting the evidence? If it is an RSO who has DNA on file, you would think they could have the lab look at those right away and eliminate.

It would be the unknowns that would be a huge problem. Can they tell child DNA from adult?

I got a sense of hope from the statement on the news last week stating the LE is expecting results from the lab to be in by the end of the month. Possibly these results are what is needed to seal the deal. In regards to searching this electrician's old white Merita truck & the LE calling HIM - how would they know his phone number? Wouldn't they just go to his place of residence and search his truck? Why call and give him a heads up you want to talk with him? KWIM? Acting on a tip you say? I think the FBI & the LE have the technology available to search a phone number for a name & address.

His phone number is on the truck. Im sure they already knew of him. He is in the neighborhood, after all.

Did you read the comments from his cell or Twitter or whatever they were? I think his super model girlfriend was only Cyber and he had some really nasty things to say about her.

And then there was the blog about the other girlfriend. Really, he's thirty, not 15. Does it seem right that a 30 year old would have or leave that on their site?

He also doesn't really have a lot of friends on his MS. Because he's a bar tender, I would imagine him to have tons of superficial friends on his MS. IMO.

MS is passe now, according to my kids. Everyone is into Facebook. I have more friends on my Facebook than he has on his MS . I see on Facebook that most people have at least a hundred "friends". I don't see that he has a Facebook that I can find.

He did work at the OP Crazy Horse. Seems like his work history changes around October as he has it listed.

Am I right in the new Crazy Horse is on Wells and that is close to Somer?

Mr. Tight Jeans seems to fit a lot with his crazy antics. And seriously, hot guys don't wear Wranglers, unless they are considered cool at the Crazy Horse. Western and all. Mr. Tight Jeans is not the guy I'm talking about in my above comments. We have no clue of his name at this point.

Crazy horse on wells is not that far. Wells rd goes between 17 and blanding, right pass the mall.

I think that DNA thing is tough because do they ask for DNA from children in her class to eliminate it?

I think it is even harder because could DNA be on her from people putting their old food in the trash or touching their garbage bag? It sounds like a total nightmare when I think about it this way, so maybe that's why we haven't heard anything.

Maybe in fact they have the suspect in mind, and are getting the evidence? If it is an RSO who has DNA on file, you would think they could have the lab look at those right away and eliminate.

It would be the unknowns that would be a huge problem. Can they tell child DNA from adult?

BBM

I was wondering that too. What exactly can they determine? Would they be able to distinguish gender, age, ethnic background? I thought I remembered reading once about some DNA found in the villa in the Madeleine McCann case belonging to an Eastern European man? If that was true and they can narrow down like that, wouldn't that help with their short list?

well they can tell if its female or male dna. its possible that they recovered male dna from her, they also do a test to indicate if it is seminal fluid. as far as cross contamination from being in trash they exposure is there but relatively low, in cases such as this they almost always look for presence of seminal fluid. as far as I know dna isn't used to check if the doner was a child or adult.

I wonder if they ever questioned the crossing gaurd to ask if they remember seeing any sheriffs / police cars in the vacinity prior to somer reaching the area? or any other person just kinda milling around? I feel that the person most likely could have been wearing a very reconizable uniform someone somer would have gone with anytime.

Please Human, don't misundertake me. Why are we looking at people who work(ed) at the Crazy Horse? Because a poster interjected that. I didn't talk to a detective, you didn't talk to a detective. Why pray tell me, would LE be telling this person anything about an ongoing investigation about polys and so forth?
I doubt it. So hate always being the party pooper here but, I have to go on more than that before I go off talking about this person for the next 7 pages.
That's all.

Hounds... I dont know why, but i KNOW that he did. I also know that iwannano's story of mr tight jeans matched the detective's. He was laughing when he told me he wasnt even a suspect til his strange behavior earned him a poly, and wanted to know if I was considering dating him. Take or leave it, which you can do without insinuating Im a liar. Seems like ive heard attack the post and not the poster before. Why pray tell me.. dont you sleuth who you want and let others do the same, whether its 7 or 10 pages? Crazy Horse seems like a good source to me after dealing with mr tight jeans in person. But like everything.. thats my opinion. No stone unturned right? Thats all.

If you go on google and put in bouncer Crazy horse Orange Park , I come up with a JE. It says he's only 20. Some disturbing comments if you can read through the blackness. I highlight, but I don't know how to get rid of the darkness.

It appears that the company he works for now is a landscaper.

I don't know if Tight Jeans worked in OP or in Jacksonville from the comments.

O/T
To all animal lovers out there:your pain is my pain when it comes to losing one of our 'fur-ever' babies.
But please give your love to another one. You know the difference it can make.
-signed,
Mother of 10 rescues. some our idea, some theirs.
:beagle::sugar::beagle-flip::cat::wolf:

I would LOVE to, but I cannot get another dog now because I am disabled and cannot take care of one. I just lost two beautiful loving bulldogs in April and my heart longs for another one so bad. I have so much love to give a dog, but I don't have the energy nor the mobility it takes to take care of one the way it should be taken care of, and that is not fair to the dog. It also isn't fair to the dog to get one which I probably won't outlive. My previous dogs kept me fighting through cancer so I wouldn't leave them without me to care for them and for that I am grateful. Don't know if I have the cancer beaten yet or not - it hasn't been 5 years yet, but at last checkup was still gone.

If you go on google and put in bouncer Crazy horse Orange Park , I come up with a JE. It says he's only 20. Some disturbing comments if you can read through the blackness. I highlight, but I don't know how to get rid of the darkness.

It appears that the company he works for now is a landscaper.

I don't know if Tight Jeans worked in OP or in Jacksonville from the comments.

Still trying to find the JE. WOW on the comments about her review of crazy horse. Description fits, as far as size. Mustaches can come and go.

I can give hints about JE I hope.

It's Christmas, so we are thinking about Mary and her husband.

Then we have Roy Rogers and was his wife named Dale?

I would LOVE to, but I cannot get another dog now because I am disabled and cannot take care of one. I just lost two beautiful loving bulldogs in April and my heart longs for another one so bad. I have so much love to give a dog, but I don't have the energy nor the mobility it takes to take care of one the way it should be taken care of, and that is not fair to the dog. It also isn't fair to the dog to get one which I probably won't outlive. My previous dogs kept me fighting through cancer so I wouldn't leave them without me to care for them and for that I am grateful. Don't know if I have the cancer beaten yet or not - it hasn't been 5 years yet, but at last checkup was still gone.

New1... My heart goes out to you and I pray for you to continue to have strength for your fight, as well as continued clean check ups. Hopefully when you are comfortable that you have beaten it, another dog is in your future. Good luck and godspeed.

I can give hints about JE I hope.

It's Christmas, so we are thinking about Mary and her husband.

Then we have Roy Rogers and was his wife named Dale?

Great hints.. lol... made me chuckle. Thanks.

His phone number is on the truck. Im sure they already knew of him. He is in the neighborhood, after all.

His phone number may be on the truck - but my point is, why would LE call him and ask to talk to him. Does that not defeat the whole purpose? The element of surprise to see what he might have had in the truck? And why if he lives in the neighborhood would they wait over a month to contact him? Doesn't sound plausible to me - sorry. I know that's what your son told you, but seems to me there's more to this story and it probably isn't related to Somer's case at all. Then again, I could be completely wrong and was just blown off by the LE when I called them with my tip (which at the time was pretty significant days after her body was found).

New1... My heart goes out to you and I pray for you to continue to have strength for your fight, as well as continued clean check ups. Hopefully when you are comfortable that you have beaten it, another dog is in your future. Good luck and godspeed.

"Thank you" button was not enough. I really appreciate your kind words and especially your prayers.

New1, have you considered getting an older dog from the pound? One that was turned in because the owner couldn't care for it anymore? They are the most loving & loyal dogs - it's as if they know you gave them a second chance at life & they are forever grateful! A dog would give you the will power to keep on keepin' on - KWIM? There are hundreds of dogs on death row, just waiting for someone to rescue them and give them a second chance. I wish I could take every single one of them. And I wish I could take your cancer away... I will keep you in my prayers for a clean bill of health. :praying:

His phone number may be on the truck - but my point is, why would LE call him and ask to talk to him. Does that not defeat the whole purpose? The element of surprise to see what he might have had in the truck? And why if he lives in the neighborhood would they wait over a month to contact him? Doesn't sound plausible to me - sorry. I know that's what your son told you, but seems to me there's more to this story and it probably isn't related to Somer's case at all. Then again, I could be completely wrong and was just blown off by the LE when I called them with my tip (which at the time was pretty significant days after her body was found).

IDK Chee.. I wondered the same thing. And yes, it was my son, but heresay is heresay and each person tells it different. I just passed it on, because I heard it. Did you hear back from LE about your tip? Every time I have called, I have heard back, maybe not right away, but eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties