FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe building is not the right word.

The garbage at the GA Landfill is emptied onto slabs (is that what I should say? I was picturing a building for some reason with a cement floor!)

Going to search Sad's posts.

Just typing out loud here.

Bruce Owens came up with the idea of checking the garbage on Tuesday morning when he came to work (7 a.m. if they were changing on the 7s as Dan H. (forget last name but he is sgt.) said.

Cached source

And the Sheriff said the dumpsters they were searching were from Tuesday.

Sad, didn't you say they searched the building and found her? Before the trucks were checked?

So where did that garbage that was in the building come from? Just earlier trucks they had not followed?

Not sure where I'm going with this but something is itching my brain.

Trash was picked up as usual by garbage trucks (residential and dumpsters) taken to rosemary hill. mechanically moved from trucks to transfer bldg, mechanically moved from transfer bldg to semi trucks, semi trucks to chesser landfill (9 semi trucks). Rosemary hill transfer bldg for residential trash was searched after somers body was found in the chesser landfill. Did this help? I am tired too and off to bed...hope this helps noway.. I believe she was found at chesser landfill. I believe she was thrown in a dumpster somewhere in OP/GCS. garbage trucks picked her up and took her to rosemary hill. semis were followed from rosemary hill to chesser landfill and each was dumped and searched there. When they found her body, they returned to rosemary hill and searched the transfer building for residential trash. I dont know if transfer building is an actual building on a cement slab.. that is what the employee called it.

Maybe building is not the right word.

The garbage at the GA Landfill is emptied onto slabs (is that what I should say? I was picturing a building for some reason with a cement floor!)

Going to search Sad's posts.

I think Mary Justino referred to Rosemary Hill as a complex of buildings (3 maybe). I pictured like a processing center where trash is sorted out for some reason. Maybe recycling center, with conveyor belts. There was a video I watched on 60Minutes about a year ago where China buys a lot of our compacted and cubed chunks of plastics and paper and metal already separated.

II have to go to bed, but I have a last thought that I mentioned before on here, but I'll do it again.

BTW, I agree with having the ambulance at the dump. Makes sense they found her there. Otherwise, no one is going to waste the money to send an ambulance for no reason.

Anyway, how did this person find the dumpster to put her into?

Sometimes my garbage can is pretty empty, but other times you couldn't put another tiny hunk of junk into it.

So what does the perp do? Drive around and check dumpsters until he finds one that is empty enough? I can't see that as how could he risk it?

I asked about the bar closings which are about the last things open at night, I would guess. So that would be a time that they are driving around, maybe.

I say maybe once again, because how could you find a dumpster unless for some reason you knew it was pretty empty.

And you would think that you wouldn't want it right on top. So if sleuthers are interested in thinking about this, it would be great for me.

The luminol answer was so good for why they worked at night.

So I am hoping someone has insight into the garbage dilemma for me.

I think I was mixed up on which Landfill Sadnpod had gone to.

But they searched the Rosemary Hill landfill too. And didn't find her. Then that garbage is mechanically loaded and brought to Chesser Island (Folkston, GA) and is it when these trucks were unloaded that they found Somer?

Ugh. It makes me want to flip open my head and have my hubby see what's in there. Something is still bothering me here.

From Sadnpod in http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4482687&postcount=105

One more post and Im outta here but i will BBL..

trash.
ALL the residental trash from OP (and GCS btw (WLK)) is picked up by trucks and taken to the transfer station at rosemary hill landfill. The transfer station is a bldg on a cement slab, they have two.. one for construction debris and one for residential trash. The one for residential trash was bldg that was searched for somer according to rosemary hill employee. This trash is then mechanically loaded into a semi trailer and transported to Chesser Island in Folkston, where it is again mechanically moved to the dump. I am trying to focus here, and pretend I am talking about trash and not a beautiful little girl...

After all of this moving and transferring, I wonder if LE does know where she came from, since she was not found until Folkston.

Im tearin up now, so sleuth on you wonderful peeps.. Im going out with my mother before she throws my computer in the trash...

Trash was picked up as usual by garbage trucks (residential and dumpsters) taken to rosemary hill. mechanically moved from trucks to transfer bldg, mechanically moved from transfer bldg to semi trucks, semi trucks to chesser landfill (9 semi trucks). Rosemary hill transfer bldg for residential trash was searched after somers body was found.
transfer bldg is on a cement slab, but it is a building

Ok it's late. But why didn't they find Somer's body then? When they were in the building? It looked to me like they were outside, but maybe it was just a photo op? I'm really really confused about this now.

Human, this person would have had to be pretty darn sure nobody else was going to put anything in this dumpster. I think he/she was familiar with it (maybe had worked there ... maybe the business was closed on Monday and he/she knew the garbage trucks came on Tuesday at x time.

Our trash pick up time is fairly consistent ... within 15 minutes or so. So maybe it was one in area in which perp lives or works (sees garbage trucks every Tuesday on way to work for example ... just like Bruce Owens did).

If they where only looking for the back pack or something other then a body as they said
they where why did they have one police car follow each truck?

This is getting fuzzier to me, not clearer.

I've seen the pics of an ambulance at the landfill. Now if I'd seen pics of those big rolling lab trucks, I might be a little less suspicious. But, just a mortuary vehicle...... IDK about any building that you are talking about, (Rosemary Hill) you mean there?

I meant I dont' know anything about her body being found in those buildings.
Not about the Rosemary Center, just to clarify.

I swear when I type at night, I need to keep the edit button pressed constantly. I misspell, leave out words, make incomplete thoughts and sentences. Sorry.

This makes more sense to me. They searched Rosemary Hill after finding Somer's body.

Ive had a problem with this from the beginning. The video I have seen and cant find, showed big (bigger than garage trucks) going into the landfill. When I called rosemary hill I was told by an employee that Somers body was not with the construction garbage, but the residential. Garbage trucks pick up in OP go pick up in GCS and all end up in the transfer building in rosemary hill. All trash is moved mechanically from trucks to transfer building. Then moved mechanically from transfer building to semi trucks and then moved again mechanically to chesser landfill. These semi trucks were what I saw goin into the landfill. Rosemary hill employee also told me that they have two transfer buildings, one for residential and one for construction. She told me the one for residential was the one searched by LE AFTER they found somers body. IF all of this is true, then somers body could have come from residential trash from OP or GCS. LE then searched each truck's contents as it was mechanically moved from truck to dump. This tells me that we do not know if somers body was actually disposed of in OP, or even from her neighborhood. Does anyone else feel this way or do I have the scenario all wrong? I cant find the video.. and help in that would make my day!

http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4524264&postcount=582

Human, this person would have had to be pretty darn sure nobody else was going to put anything in this dumpster. I think he/she was familiar with it (maybe had worked there ... maybe the business was closed on Monday and he/she knew the garbage trucks came on Tuesday at x time.

Our trash pick up time is fairly consistent ... within 15 minutes or so. So maybe it was one in area in which perp lives or works (sees garbage trucks every Tuesday on way to work for example ... just like Bruce Owens did).

Our garbage is the same here. Pretty clock workish.

So if it isn't residential, how is the garbage emptied out of a dumpster? It
is my garbage day on Monday, but we have no dumpsters anywhere near where I live, so I can't watch it.

Does anyone know how they empty a dumpster?

I know with construction dumpsters they come and pick them up. The one at Gano had the term "Roll-off" and I think that is the term for the equipment used for that kind of dumpster. But what about at the mall or whatever? I have never once in all my years noticed.

BTW-I like the idea of a business that is closed on Mondays. That makes sense and if it was a business like a restaurant that doesn't open until later on Tuesday, then there wouldn't be employees coming in and putting stuff in the dumpster on Tuesday morning.

I think I was mixed up on which Landfill Sadnpod had gone to.

But they searched the Rosemary Hill landfill too. And didn't find her. Then that garbage is mechanically loaded and brought to Chesser Island (Folkston, GA) and is it when these trucks were unloaded that they found Somer?

Ugh. It makes me want to flip open my head and have my hubby see what's in there. Something is still bothering me here.

Is this it? They claim that the trucks still went via Rosemary Hill sorting station, right. Then they WOULD have found her their you would think, but DIDN"T. Get it. Then they reload onto other trucks to go to Folkston and THEN they say they find her. See why I have a problem.

I haven't gotten anywhere looking for the cousin. DT's mom's maiden name is Spires so I've searched for a C with that last name and one with Bowling. There's a possible Bowling in Winter Haven and a possible Spires in Melbourne but no pics anywhere so who knows. Obviously if he's the child of DT's mom or dad's sister (dad may not have one) then his last name could be anything. Maybe sadnpod could find out more about any aunts DT has.

If Somer was covered in broken glass and construction material then she would have either had to of been placed in a dumpster that held that type of material or whoever placed her there would of had to put construction material and glass in with her. I keep thinking that maybe she was put into some type of frame before being placed into the dumpster.

If they where only looking for the back pack or something other then a body as they said
they where why did they have one police car follow each truck?

You mean follow each truck as he made his rounds?

2) Local bars stop serving alcohol at 2:00 and they usually close around the same time or shortly after. I don't frequent bars too often unless it is a special occasion with friends but most of our are downtown (20 minutes away from Orange Park). There are very few bars/ clubs in Orange Park but Crazy Horse was one of them (next point).
Crazy Horse (now known as Whiskey River) was not an adult entertainment bar. I know someone with connections there so if anyone can get a last name for "Chris" I would be more than happy to ask around.

I brought this forward so hopefully everyone can get a list of reasonable questions together. I rarely talk to this person just because we are not that close but am willing to make contact for this:
I would like to include description so sad please refresh my memory.
I obviously have the tight jeans description embedded in my brain- LOL and possibly named Chris.
What else?
I am out of here for tonight but will look for responses tomorrow.

Can you ask if there was a guy there that's obsessed with DT or if they know she goes there? I'm just going on a post that iwanno had here, and that person has disappeared.

I am thinking she was not out in the open. She could have been placed in a bag first. Who opens a garbage bag to see what's inside. Gosh I don't like writing this stuff but it's what you have to do to investigate all angles. :(

This is getting fuzzier to me, not clearer.

Sorry, I think its the way I worded it. trash was picked up by garage trucks as usual and taken to rosemary hill where it is mechanically moved to transfer buildings, one for residential and one for construction. Then it is mechanically moved to semis and taken to chesser landfill where it is mechanically moved from semis to landfill.

these semis were followed by LE to chesser. Each truck had contents mechanically removed and was searched by LE at chesser landfill.

After somers body was found, LE searched the transfer bldg in rosemary hill. I am assuming for additional evidence.

Residential trash includes business dumpsters as well as regular residences. Trash pick up is OP and GCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon