FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean follow each truck as he made his rounds?

No they had one police car for every truck going to landfill. They said 9 trucks and 9 police cars. Justino also confirmed it was the OP neighborhood garbage that they had not checked yet

Is this it? They claim that the trucks still went via Rosemary Hill sorting station, right. Then they WOULD have found her their you would think, but DIDN"T. Get it. Then they reload onto other trucks to go to Folkston and THEN they say they find her. See why I have a problem.

This is what my brain is telling me so far.

The garbage trucks went to Rosemary Hill and dumped their garbage on the slab.

That garbage was mechanically loaded into a semi-type truck and taken to Chesser.

These are the trucks that were followed.

Each semi truck was brought to the area in which it would normally dump the load, but it was dumped separately so they could go through each one.

I'm not sure how many they searched (250,000 tons worth?) before they found Somer. Continue sorting through x tons of garbage from the truck.

Once Somer was found, LE was sent to search Rosemary Hill Landfill.

(I vaguely remember having a conversation about how many tons would be in each truck ... but that's gone from my head now.)

Yes. There is a fork lift on the front of the truck it picks it up and dumps it over the cab and into the top of the truck.

Sadnpod, I meant that whatever is bugging me about the garbage is not getting any clearer to me.

It was getting fuzzier because I didn't understand when they searched Rosemary Hill ... but I didn't realize you'd meant after Somer was found but the next post of yours I found made that clear.

No they had one police car for every truck going to landfill. They said 9 trucks and 9 police cars. Justino also confirmed it was the OP neighborhood garbage that they had not checked yet

If they knew which 9 trucks they where going to search why did they still go to GA.. why not search right there at the closer landfill.
No news crew flying around showing video that a search was even taking place?

They have never said that they know what dumpster Somer was put in, have they?

They have the truck and they have the driver (and his route) and could probably tell somewhat from the surrounding garbage.

And as that is narrowed down (going through each piece of garbage from Somer's body outward ...) then they find the dumpster.

And I pray that dumpster had video surveillance in the area that captured something.

Now I'm confused. If all the garbage that had been collected had been taken to Chesser, why did they go back to search the other one? Wouldn't all the trash have been at Chesser?

I am thinking she was not out in the open. She could have been placed in a bag first. Who opens a garbage bag to see what's inside. Gosh I don't like writing this stuff but it's what you have to do to investigate all angles. :(

We have to have our garbage in plastic bags here.

I am distancing myself from this in my mind, so don't freak out if I am being so clinical here.

The bag would have to be pretty dang big for garbage. It would have to be strong. My hubby buys construction garbage bags when we do work around the house. He's always remodeling something here. I don't think just anyone has those on board. A regular garbage bag is so flimsy, I think. I buy the brand names and still have trouble with stuff coming through like sticks or whatever. Or they rip at the top. Whatever.

Anyway, if someone at a place of business opened the dumpster and saw a large garbage bag, they might wonder, especially if at that point it might not be that pleasant smelling. (I'm sorry, I know it's awful)

Plus when people die their bowels relax. I think the garbage is a problem for the perp. So how did he solve it?

I am totally confused on this whole dump thing. IT MAKES no sense, just like everything else with this case.

Ok it's late. But why didn't they find Somer's body then? When they were in the building? It looked to me like they were outside, but maybe it was just a photo op? I'm really really confused about this now.

Human, Im sorry for confusing you... and everyone. It is called a building, but think of it as a HUGE dumpster on a cement slab.
garbage is mechanically moved there from garbage trucks, then mechanically moved to semis.

I think the garbage was already in the transfer building when they decided to check the trash. So they waited until garbage was moved to semis and checked each semi as it was unloaded in chesser landfill.
After they found her they went back to search the transfer building, which was already emptied into semis. Does this make sense?

If they knew which 9 trucks they where going to search why did they still go to GA.. why not search right there at the closer landfill.

Because Georgia had the space?

IDK

I am going to bed to sleep perchance to dream ... about garbage trucks in Orange Park, FL ...

My apologies to Shakespeare. :)

This is what my brain is telling me so far.

The garbage trucks went to Rosemary Hill and dumped their garbage on the slab.

That garbage was mechanically loaded into a semi-type truck and taken to Chesser.

These are the trucks that were followed.

Each semi truck was brought to the area in which it would normally dump the load, but it was dumped separately so they could go through each one.

I'm not sure how many they searched (250,000 tons worth?) before they found Somer. Continue sorting through x tons of garbage from the truck.

Once Somer was found, LE was sent to search Rosemary Hill Landfill.

(I vaguely remember having a conversation about how many tons would be in each truck ... but that's gone from my head now.)

Here is my point. Where would it be easier to search through and find a body, at a sorting station or in a semi heap of trash????

If they didn't find it at Rosemary, it didn't make it to the landfill either. That is the sum total of my contention. If you have LE there, then they are watching this sorting process, right as it goes by on a conveyor belt.
Please tell me you know what I'm trying to say.

May I ask if the height and weight given for Somer (I'll go with 3"5 and 65 pounds) was accurate?

And NOW I'm going to bed. Without reading what has been posted in the meantime!

Human, Im sorry for confusing you... and everyone. It is called a building, but think of it as a HUGE dumpster on a cement slab.
garbage is mechanically moved there from garbage trucks, then mechanically moved to semis.

I think the garbage was already in the transfer building when they decided to check the trash. So they waited until garbage was moved to semis and checked each semi as it was unloaded in chesser landfill.
After they found her they went back to search the transfer building, which was already emptied into semis. Does this make sense?

No, I'm sorry it makes no sense to me at all. Zip. If they were following the garbage trucks, I take it on their routes, why did they have the garbage put in the transfer station and then hauled in semis? Why why why? I don't get it.

But it's late and maybe I will get it when some poster smarter than I gets it. It would be like tossing a huge salad, mixing everything up. Makes no sense. None none none.

For the record, Sean P. did not send "the kids" out to look for Somer. According to the MPR anyway. He sent AT to look. There is no mention of ST other than that he was picked up by C. Perry C. around 5.

In defense of the lurkers, I often read other cases here (as guest or signed in) but don't have enough knowledge of the case to post intelligently (well, some would argue I post here without that knowledge ... ). I read to see if they have found the missing person, have suspects, etc., but I don't know enough about the details of the case to ask questions or post a theory. And so I lurk.

MPR Narrative (typed by me so may not be exact; if you see error let me know)

WS post of narrative
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park, Thread #20

Here I go again, lol...

ITA! I don't feel like I have enough to post intelligently, and I admit it. However, I have my "vibes" and opinions. I'm right most of the time. I have also been extremely WRONG.

I really don't care who this person is, just want LE to find them. I'm willing to be wrong on all my vibes.

OT: I don't know why but I was thinking about Susan Smith a lot with this case. I remember sitting in the office listening to her tearful pleas over the radio. All the other workers were boo hooing and saying how awful it was for her. I said very calmly, "She did it. And I would bet any amount of money on this." Everyone thought I was a horrible person. You all know how that one turned out.

Rosemary hill is not a "dump". It is only a place where garbage is transferred. there is no where to dump it to search it. They went back to search transfer building after her body was found, which was "empty", but possibly still contained some sort of evidence.

Hope this helps...

Beseler credited Sheriff's Office investigator Bruce Owens' suggestion Tuesday that authorities check trash being picked up in Orange Park with the successful effort to find the body. He said Owens came to him with the idea and he assigned personnel to monitor all trash trucks and follow-up by checking out the trash that had been taken from Orange Park to the Rosemary Hill landfill in Green Cove Springs and then transferred to Folkston. They were looking through 100 tons of garbage when they discovered the legs. Beseler said if not for Owens' suggestion, it would have been very unlikely that the body would have been recovered and fresh evidence in the case preserved.

http://savannahnow.com/latest-news/2009-10-22/update-body-found-ga-landfill-somer-renee-thompson

Very interesting the last sentence..fresh evidence in the case preserved.

This whole landfill thing stinks .. When they found sandra cantu we saw them at the the scene with the suitcase. Come on this really sounds like they found the body and are looking for someones reaction. They probably found it on tuesday

Here I go again, lol...

ITA! I don't feel like I have enough to post intelligently, and I admit it. However, I have my "vibes" and opinions. I'm right most of the time. I have also been extremely WRONG.

I really don't care who this person is, just want LE to find them. I'm willing to be wrong on all my vibes.

OT: I don't know why but I was thinking about Susan Smith a lot with this case. I remember sitting in the office listening to her tearful pleas over the radio. All the other workers were boo hooing and saying how awful it was for her. I said very calmly, "She did it. And I would bet any amount of money on this." Everyone thought I was a horrible person. You all know how that one turned out.

So.. what is your vibe??

Here I go again, lol...

Well I am glad I am not the only not drinking the purple cool-aid

No, I'm sorry it makes no sense to me at all. Zip. If they were following the garbage trucks, I take it on their routes, why did they have the garbage put in the transfer station and then hauled in semis? Why why why? I don't get it.

But it's late and maybe I will get it when some poster smarter than I gets it. It would be like tossing a huge salad, mixing everything up. Makes no sense. None none none.

THey didnt follow the garbage trucks. They followed the semis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K.Kosky