FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me again. Early on in the vid, Owens says as a CART member they are trained to search DUMPSTERS and dump sites. I can not imagine that every single dumpster working outward in a grid, using dogs and the number of officers searching ( over 100 ), that she was not found in one of those. If it was their training on Tuesday, it was their training on Monday. I am completely convinced from all that has been said, that she did not arrive at the dump in a compressor truck. I do not believe her little body was mangled in this way or treated with that indignity for too long. But, I totally understand and agree with 100%, LE misleading the perp(s) and the public in this way. I would have done the same. It gave them an edge and a lead on time.

I... just have difficulty thinking that LE is hiding the actual dump site of the body, and that they sent officers out to the garbage dump in some type of charade for the cameras. I mean, to what end? LE does withhold info from the public, but I can't see them announcing they found the body at the dump if they didn't. If LE HAD found the body in a trash dumpster/can on the night she went missing, it would have become a huge crime scene and the area would have been marked off, media would have figured it out, etc.

OK. I freely admit I am not Columbo, if you are old enough to know who he was. What are you saying here?

I did talk to my hubby who is not in garbage and he was very graphic about what happens in a garbage truck. I don't see how she could have survived the compaction. And I don't mean "live". I mean what would have happened to her. I don't even think a leg would be recognizable from what hubby explained. Maybe someone who has a stronger stomach could see if there is any info on what might happen to someone in a garbage truck?

Hello Human,

Graphically speaking, your husband is correct. There is a big old compressor that I walk by on my way to my car every night. It compresses and bundles cardboard for all the local businesses in the area. Just once would have compressed a body to a horrible degree. Having it happen over and over numerous times mixed with sharp and blount objects of all kinds. I agree with your husband. There is no way legs recognizable as such with birthmark etc. would be remotely possible. Or any bones left unbroken mangled and smashed if you want the honest truth. I do believe that they followed the trucks, just like they said, and searched through those dumpsters separately for OTHER evidence.

Good evening, everyone - I wanted to pop in & say a couple of words about my cryptic "bird" post from the other night.

I'm truly sorry that anyone might have taken it personally, or might have misinterpreted & thought I was referring to anyone here. Just so everyone knows, I was not. I guess I shouldn't be such a geek with my posts, huh?

I have the utmost respect for all of you guys & everything you do to try to find clues that might lead to who killed Somer.

My post was referring to someone who I firmly believe is associated with the family in some aspect (I haven't yet determined what the exact relationship is) whom I suspect has been lurking and has found the recent sleuthing & posts to be a source of grotesque entertainment, as was indicated by the "amused" mood on his/her social networking page. I'm confused that anyone closely associated with the family, so much so that the victim is featured prominently on his/her MS page, could be feeling "amused" at a tragic time like this. Just so you know - the "amused" mood was immediately following recent posts about a certain BIL/cousin...

Please don't ask me about initials or who I think this person is. I'm just waiting to see how it plays out.

I think it goes without saying that everyone here is aware that it's likely that someone who knows something is or has been lurking on these threads.

speaking of "cousin" also known as scratch guy.

He was at DT's a couple weeks or more? after? Is that true?

If so, what does someone do for a living that they can afford to do that or would be allowed to do that?

Could that person be LE or did it look too close to be LE? Any thoughts on scratch guy?

OK. I freely admit I am not Columbo, if you are old enough to know who he was. What are you saying here?

I did talk to my hubby who is not in garbage and he was very graphic about what happens in a garbage truck. I don't see how she could have survived the compaction. And I don't mean "live". I mean what would have happened to her. I don't even think a leg would be recognizable from what hubby explained. Maybe someone who has a stronger stomach could see if there is any info on what might happen to someone in a garbage truck?

This from Ask Wiki: Do all garbage bags pop when compacted in a garbage truck?

depends on the bag and if it is tied or not those that aren't tied usually don't "pop" due to the lack of pressure built inside the bag however the bags that are tied tightly will most generally "pop" at some point while in the truck if they are not "popped" from the pack cycle

I dunno if this helps.

on the compaction. Have to take a breath here. Anyway, I thought it would happen after. But hubby says that it happens in the truck. He said that they have to get x into a space that is way smaller than the x they pick up, if that makes any sense. Don't want to go into it anymore.

IMO it might be important to revisit scratch guy. Right about the time when a lot of intense sleuthing was centered on him, the entire thread was completely derailed, which causes me to wonder why.

It might be nothing, but it might be significant.

Hello Human,

Graphically speaking, your husband is correct. There is a big old compressor that I walk by on my way to my car every night. It compresses and bundles cardboard for all the local businesses in the area. Just once would have compressed a body to a horrible degree. Having it happen over and over numerous times mixed with sharp and blount objects of all kinds. I agree with your husband. There is no way legs recognizable as such with birthmark etc. would be remotely possible. Or any bones left unbroken mangled and smashed if you want the honest truth. I do believe that they followed the trucks, just like they said, and searched through those dumpsters separately for OTHER evidence.

I am sorry to butt in but (lol) I would like to comment also. I agree with houndstooth on this one. and I read houndstooth post as the Le wanted to search the rubbish collected that day and Le could very well of contacted the rubbish company or companies and asked them not to use the pressure thingy. I could see them doing this. all the company would have to do them is radio the trucks probably. I am sure they stay in contact some how. and tell them not to use the crusher.
might make for more trips but would be safer if looking for something in the trucks. Right? was I reading your post right houndstooth?

I... just have difficulty thinking that LE is hiding the actual dump site of the body, and that they sent officers out to the garbage dump in some type of charade for the cameras. I mean, to what end? LE does withhold info from the public, but I can't see them announcing they found the body at the dump if they didn't. If LE HAD found the body in a trash dumpster/can on the night she went missing, it would have become a huge crime scene and the area would have been marked off, media would have figured it out, etc.

If you see my response to human you will see that I in no way think their going to the dump was a charade (except about her body) or waste of time. There would have been a lot more evidence to collect from the dumpsters.

Maybe they were searching other areas as a crime scene, while all the cameras were focused on 1080 Gano. It needed searching too, so it's not that I think that was a waste of time either, though. I remember Clint Van Zandt saying there could be four different crime scenes. Where she was taken from, where she was killed where she was dumped and whatever vehicle was used in transport.

Ok-scratch guy. How can we figure him out at all. We have to eliminate cousin as the only option, because I don't know if that info can be considered valid. Maybe it's the BF or hubby of one of DT's friends.

I'm going with BF or brother or hubby of one of DT's or PC's friends for scratch guy. Anyone else for that idea?

Have to go get ready for bed. I promised myself I am not staying up all night and then being wiped out all day . I am trying to reform.

I am sorry to butt in but (lol) I would like to comment also. I agree with houndstooth on this one. and I read houndstooth post as the Le wanted to search the rubbish collected that day and Le could very well of contacted the rubbish company or companies and asked them not to use the pressure thingy. I could see them doing this. all the company would have to do them is radio the trucks probably. I am sure they stay in contact some how. and tell them not to use the crusher.
might make for more trips but would be safer if looking for something in the trucks. Right? was I reading your post right houndstooth?

Hey MommaD,
Not exactly. But I don't disagree with what you were saying either. At the very least, if they were planning on following the trucks they would have ordered them to not use compression on them. What I have been saying is that she was found some time BEFORE those trucks even ran on Tuesday. Her body would have been removed by ME. The trucks would still be followed to find anything else in not only that dumpster but nine different trucks were logged in as to where they picked up and searched separately from the normal garbage dump areas. They would have needed to do this because on Tuesday they would not have wanted to announce finding her so soon. They went through the moves of announcing their search on Wed had begun the day before because even then a perp would think, "so what it'll be like finding a needle in a haystack" and be a little worried. But, when they announced later that day she had been found, the Sheriff said somebody is "going to be unnerved". In any case, there is no way her body was crushed. I believe that whole heartedly.

going to bed now guys.....been looking a bit into the 4 armed robbers...still in jail with no bond.....fwiw.........scratch guy has my hinky meter way up!! I will try to go back by there and see if he is still there....not sure when tho.....guess it would be best not to post when I am going anyway......blessings....

Hounds - if your scenario is correct, and her body was found beforehand, what about the media reports saying the autopsy was performed by the ME in Savannah, GA?

If she wasn't recovered in GA, why would the ME in GA perform the autopsy, and determine COD/manner of death?

I'm not saying your scenario couldn't have happened, just wondering how the ME fits into it.

The thing is, other bodies and body parts have been found in dumps, presumably having also gone through compaction. But they are still recognizable as human remains.

Hey MommaD,
Not exactly. But I don't disagree with what you were saying either. At the very least, if they were planning on following the trucks they would have ordered them to not use compression on them. What I have been saying is that she was found some time BEFORE those trucks even ran on Tuesday. Her body would have been removed by ME. The trucks would still be followed to find anything else in not only that dumpster but nine different trucks were logged in as to where they picked up and searched separately from the normal garbage dump areas. They would have needed to do this because on Tuesday they would not have wanted to announce finding her so soon. They went through the moves of announcing their search on Wed had begun the day before because even then a perp would think, "so what it'll be like finding a needle in a haystack" and be a little worried. But, when they announced later that day she had been found, the Sheriff said somebody is "going to be unnerved". In any case, there is no way her body was crushed. I believe that whole heartedly.

so you don't think she was found in GA? I like the way you think here....I really get mixed up when I hear the Sheriff "made the call" to DT...that was just so odd.....Seems to me that DT knew Somer was dead before at the vigil that night...before Beasler made that call to her, or am I mistaken??

That said, since LE was following trucks, I can see easily what MommaD said, that they could have requested no compaction.

I think they told us exactly how many trucks there were at one point earlier in the case didn't they?

Hounds - if your scenario is correct, and her body was found beforehand, what about the media reports saying the autopsy was performed by the ME in Savannah, GA?

If she wasn't recovered in GA, why would the ME in GA perform the autopsy, and determine COD/manner of death?

I'm not saying your scenario couldn't have happened, just wondering how the ME fits into it.

I have also read, that a woman pathologist from FL who has a TV show or something to that effect did it. Would it surprise me that there was conflicting info on this don't know. It may have been done in Savannah no matter where she was found because the FBI lab is there, and to keep it on the low down, about when and where she was found. All of this is just what I have surmised from my reading and what I hope is logical thinking.

As to the post about a man surviving. It stated it does not happen to often, he was found early on, and he was alive so able to respond. If rigor was present then you can draw your own conclusions as to the difference it would have made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme