FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the motive for any adult perp, who would most likely have to be a male, would be sexual. A nonsexual attack would make me think juvenile.

Is there a possibility that DT went through the phone list of houses Somer could sometimes be found at and got very worried when none of those people had seen her either?

My thoughts exactly, Chili - both paragraphs.

Alabama state law does require registration upon release from incarceration, or on conviction if the perp isn't incarcerated. So maybe those guys haven't been convicted yet but haven't made a court date in their case or something. I don't know. I just find it scary that there is this whole new population of unregistered SO's - the SO's who have been arrested for the crime, but are out of jail on bail awaiting their first SO conviction. Also, what about LE? I wonder how many of these types live in Somer's neighborhood? Do they have any way of knowing even?

It just underscores, to me, how careful we have to be with our children because we really don't have any certain way to know the identity of ALL of the people in our neighborhoods who offend sexually.

This is all so true hopetohelp. Main thing is the ones not CAught yet. that is the scary number out there.

Both are dangerous for our children.

I promise this will be the last article I bring that is NOT the one I read earlier today. The one I read mentioned how the CCSO had done a practice/drill about missing and/or abducted children a week or month prior to Somer's abduction, so they were prepared. It also talked about the trash trucks (9 of them I believe) and where they went, etc... I was surfing at work today, so I'll either find it this next try or I'll have to wait until I go to work and look at the history on my work computer. Anyway, check this article out....
http://swampie.wordpress.com/2009/10/21/little-somer-thompsons-body-found-in-folkston-landfill/

Here's Bruce Owens in his own words describing his hunch.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video...f43367513e061&maven_referralObject=1303952539

I'm still looking..... this isn't what I was talking about.... didn't want ya'll to get bored and run off while I go back into the deep dark hole...:biggrin::biggrin:

Olaf Chee!

Well I agonna hit two birdies here if I can. I am not buying what he is selling.
He gives 3 names maybe four to head up a search team of 9 altogether to go through 300-400 thousand tons of garbage. No way. Not even if they could have borrowed that front end loader/backhoe. If that's what the equipment was. Since I haven't seen pics of it lately I can't remember if it had a backhoe attached. I still think it wasn't used for digging. It's just the rake teeth on the loader would scuff the ground up pretty good. So I could see someone thinking digging or whatever had happened.

Also you were asking what was different that day. Maybe the number of fights with different people S got into that day. 3 by last count, that we know of. But this could have been normal. I remember reading a post by a neighbor on another site way back. It gave the impression that S. was a bully at times with other kids, and picked fights often. It may be because she herself we are told was picked on alot. If we knew this was not normal for her, then there was something up with S already. It may have been the reason that she didn't want to go to school that day. She was trying to avoid confrontation with another kid, maybe.

This is all so true hopetohelp. Main thing is the ones not CAught yet. that is the scary number out there.

Both are dangerous for our children.

I'm saying this from memory, so don't quote me, but I was thinking that number of Registered SO's is estimated to be about 5-10% of the "actual" number of people who offend sexually.

I promise this will be the last article I bring that is NOT the one I read earlier today. The one I read mentioned how the CCSO had done a practice/drill about missing and/or abducted children a week or month prior to Somer's abduction, so they were prepared. It also talked about the trash trucks (9 of them I believe) and where they went, etc... I was surfing at work today, so I'll either find it this next try or I'll have to wait until I go to work and look at the history on my work computer. Anyway, check this article out....
http://swampie.wordpress.com/2009/10/21/little-somer-thompsons-body-found-in-folkston-landfill/

So maybe why they waited so long to get to the gano ave . house was, had to have real evidence she was or might of been there. after the autopsy thursday morning. makes sense but would think if she was last seen there and someone talked to her there no need for more proof. But what do I know. nothing. just my opinions.

In reference to dna, the Adam Walsh bill does state that SO's have to turn in dna upon registration.

Ok. Now that bill is a 2006 bill. Think about how many RSO's there are in Florida. I am willing to bet that there is a backlog on actually RUNNING the dna of many, if not most, of the RSO's unless they already had a dna profile available as part of their court case. Even in rape cases, there are many places with stacks of kits that have never been run.

So even if there is dna identifying the perpetrator, and even if is a registered SO, it could be a process of LE having to go through and prove up everyone's alibi before they decide whose dna to run against what they have from Somer's remains.

I'm saying this from memory, so don't quote me, but I was thinking that number of Registered SO's is estimated to be about 5-10% of the "actual" number of people who offend sexually.

Oh I totally believe that hopetohelp.. kinda o/t but dh and I went and had our gun permits renewed other day and on the counter was a binder of rso's .. Dh says here are the rso's and first thing out of my mouth was " yeah the ones caught".. the binder was huge..

It is such a shame.. The laws went after tobacco companies, but can't seem to find a way to manage the RSO's who hurt our children and to bring charges on the ones that aren't registered.. The Government can find money for stupid things but not to protect the citizens who pay taxes and follow the laws.

I could get but I won't quote all the posts about information that came from LE in a phone call to a poster. We all have read them they are on the board posted as such. I find it truly hard to believe Le would give information to anyone at this time let alone a cousin 10 times removed. Might take information from the caller but I can't see them giving all the information posted on this board that has been stated as LE said this Le told me this.

I am sorry but LE just do not work that way. So many people on this board have been in situations like this and I am sure they have not gotten answers when they would like to about their own families crime.

maybe it's me.. but media can't get anything either. they would be printing it. surely they would like to sell newspapers.

BBM

Am I an unwilling participant in some kind of Pi**ing contest? Posts like this certainly make me regret saying anything, maybe others feel this way as well. In all fairness, if your gonna take the time to call someone out, then you should take the time to link the posts. Your reference to "This" and "that" make it seem alot more important than it was. How exactly do you know how LE works or does not work? ALso I doubt seriously anything I was told would rate media attention.:truce:

I could get but I won't quote all the posts about information that came from LE in a phone call to a poster. We all have read them they are on the board posted as such. I find it truly hard to believe Le would give information to anyone at this time let alone a cousin 10 times removed. Might take information from the caller but I can't see them giving all the information posted on this board that has been stated as LE said this Le told me this.

I am sorry but LE just do not work that way. So many people on this board have been in situations like this and I am sure they have not gotten answers when they would like to about their own families crime.

maybe it's me.. but media can't get anything either. they would be printing it. surely they would like to sell newspapers.

BBM
I couldn't agree more!

Olaf Chee!

Well I agonna hit two birdies here if I can. I am not buying what he is selling.
He gives 3 names maybe four to head up a search team of 9 altogether to go through 300-400 thousand tons of garbage. No way. Not even if they could have borrowed that front end loader/backhoe. If that's what the equipment was. Since I haven't seen pics of it lately I can't remember if it had a backhoe attached. I still think it wasn't used for digging. It's just the rake teeth on the loader would scuff the ground up pretty good. So I could see someone thinking digging or whatever had happened.

Also you were asking what was different that day. Maybe the number of fights with different people S got into that day. 3 by last count, that we know of. But this could have been normal. I remember reading a post by a neighbor on another site way back. It gave the impression that S. was a bully at times with other kids, and picked fights often. It may be because she herself we are told was picked on alot. If we knew this was not normal for her, then there was something up with S already. It may have been the reason that she didn't want to go to school that day. She was trying to avoid confrontation with another kid, maybe.

I don't know about the first part of your post . Am commenting on second part of your post.

I agree with you on this. I said way back when that I thought Somer didn't want to go to school that day because of something happening on friday if not before.

I would also like to add. In a video Sam T. himself said Somer was hot headed. that is his exact words. This was right at the first. So I take that to mean Somer had a temper. Correct? That is what it means to me anyway..
But no reason for her to be killed. Sounded like she was picked on a lot. I know I would not like to be called "Grace " by my mother . I would get a conflict .

Oh I totally believe that hopetohelp.. kinda o/t but dh and I went and had our gun permits renewed other day and on the counter was a binder of rso's .. Dh says here are the rso's and first thing out of my mouth was " yeah the ones caught".. the binder was huge..

It is such a shame.. The laws went after tobacco companies, but can't seem to find a way to manage the RSO's who hurt our children and to bring charges on the ones that aren't registered.. The Government can find money for stupid things but not to protect the citizens who pay taxes and follow the laws.

I know. It's truly one of those things where you have to be aware and vigilant with your family and children because there is a lot of bad out there. Certainly, there's a lot of good too... But we really have to acknowledge just how at risk our children - and we ourselves - are so that we can respond appropriately.

Beseler said Dumpsters in the area are emptied on Tuesdays, and that particular garbage investigators were searching was dropped off Tuesday afternoon.

Thank you thank you thank you!

I have been looking for this but the link to the quote was broken!

I'm going to read bedtime stories. Hope to be back later.

I looked at your site and aren't they convicted? I think it's a Federal Law to register. Isn't it Megan's Law or Jacob's Law? I don't remember, but it was passed by Congress, which makes it Federal.

So why aren't they in the registry?

No search could be done by name for that state, only addresses.

Beseler said Dumpsters in the area are emptied on Tuesdays, and that particular garbage investigators were searching was dropped off Tuesday afternoon.

Thank you thank you thank you!

I have been looking for this but the link to the quote was broken!

I'm going to read bedtime stories. Hope to be back later.

Honestly, I am not trying to be bratty here. But....I am hoping we can believe this. I mean because of all of the conflicting info that is out there.

But if we can believe it, then do you all agree that this means "dumpster" rather than residential garbage? Personal residential garbage, I mean?

And do you think this means like dumpster from apartment buildings, restaurant, mall, etc as opposed to construction garbage?

The construction garbage where I live is picked up and dropped at construction only sites. I think they pick through it and take out what can be reused, etc.

Here's Bruce Owens in his own words describing his hunch.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video...f43367513e061&maven_referralObject=1303952539

I'm still looking..... this isn't what I was talking about.... didn't want ya'll to get bored and run off while I go back into the deep dark hole...:biggrin::biggrin:

Me again. Early on in the vid, Owens says as a CART member they are trained to search DUMPSTERS and dump sites. I can not imagine that every single dumpster working outward in a grid, using dogs and the number of officers searching ( over 100 ), that she was not found in one of those. If it was their training on Tuesday, it was their training on Monday. I am completely convinced from all that has been said, that she did not arrive at the dump in a compressor truck. I do not believe her little body was mangled in this way or treated with that indignity for too long. But, I totally understand and agree with 100%, LE misleading the perp(s) and the public in this way. I would have done the same. It gave them an edge and a lead on time.

Honestly, I am not trying to be bratty here. But....I am hoping we can believe this. I mean because of all of the conflicting info that is out there.

But if we can believe it, then do you all agree that this means "dumpster" rather than residential garbage? Personal residential garbage, I mean?

And do you think this means like dumpster from apartment buildings, restaurant, mall, etc as opposed to construction garbage?

The construction garbage where I live is picked up and dropped at construction only sites. I think they pick through it and take out what can be reused, etc.

Definitely not construction garbage and not the one at 1080 Gano because that dumpster was full.
Did they ever search the school for her?

When I called I asked if dumpsters were included in residential trash and was told that these garbage trucks pick up all the dumpsters from businesses and residential trash. Everything but construction dumpsters. Also that there were two transfer buildings in Rosemary Hill. The one searched was residential. The construction transfer building was not searched, according to the employee I talked to.

Me again. Early on in the vid, Owens says as a CART member they are trained to search DUMPSTERS and dump sites. I can not imagine that every single dumpster working outward in a grid, using dogs and the number of officers searching ( over 100 ), that she was not found in one of those. If it was their training on Tuesday, it was their training on Monday. I am completely convinced from all that has been said, that she did not arrive at the dump in a compressor truck. I do not believe her little body was mangled in this way or treated with that indignity for too long. But, I totally understand and agree with 100%, LE misleading the perp(s) and the public in this way. I would have done the same. It gave them an edge and a lead on time.

OK. I freely admit I am not Columbo, if you are old enough to know who he was. What are you saying here?

I did talk to my hubby who is not in garbage and he was very graphic about what happens in a garbage truck. I don't see how she could have survived the compaction. And I don't mean "live". I mean what would have happened to her. I don't even think a leg would be recognizable from what hubby explained. Maybe someone who has a stronger stomach could see if there is any info on what might happen to someone in a garbage truck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon