FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have also read, that a woman pathologist from FL who has a TV show or something to that effect did it. Would it surprise me that there was conflicting info on this don't know. It may have been done in Savannah no matter where she was found because the FBI lab is there, and to keep it on the low down, about when and where she was found. All of this is just what I have surmised from my reading and what I hope is logical thinking.

As to the post about a man surviving. It stated it does not happen to often, he was found early on, and he was alive so able to respond. If rigor was present then you can draw your own conclusions as to the difference it would have made.
Prob Dr. G, she is the one that did little Caylee...you could be right about this...wonder where the rest of LE was during all of the goings on in GA??....things that make you go hmmmmmmmm......

I remember seeing the vigil that night....I had just gotten home from searching and my hubby told me that a body had been found, then the vigil came on, and DT was crying, saying "I'll miss her"....this was before Beasler made "his call" to her, I think....

Prob Dr. G, she is the one that did little Caylee...you could be right about this...wonder where the rest of LE was during all of the goings on in GA??....things that make you go hmmmmmmmm......

That is the person I read about. The same Dr. who did Caylee.

I remember seeing the vigil that night....I had just gotten home from searching and my hubby told me that a body had been found, then the vigil came on, and DT was crying, saying "I'll miss her"....this was before Beasler made "his call" to her, I think....

I think everyone was pretty certain it was Somer even before the autopsy.

LE from Florida would be present at an autopsy in Georgia, and I can see the ME from FL attending as well.

That is the person I read about. The same Dr. who did Caylee.

Hounds - do you have a link handy to that article? I've been searching & searching to try to find the name of the ME who performed the autopsy, and haven't found anything.

I remember when watching that vigil and crying my eyes out....thinking that LE must have already told her it was Somer.....then Beasler later comes out with the statement about "calling" DT....this is what threw me off......I am trying now to remember what time I left the search area, thinking it was around 5, then I stopped by staples to pick up more flyers for the next day....when I got home is when I heard about a body being found, and just maybe an hour later was the vigil......

Hounds - do you have a link handy to that article? I've been searching & searching to try to find the name of the ME who performed the autopsy, and haven't found anything.

No I don't. It was on a video or radio interview of this Dr. that someone else had viewed/heard and was relating it. So, that would make it second hand info. But, it sounded plausible, though not ironclad as yet. You maybe can search the Dr's website for it. It should list her recent interviews or thought on S.
Something to that effect.

This would be good to find out.

AT any rate I wish thinking about garbage trucks and the comments made here, so I had to get up and talk about it.

Since I am sure that LE knows that it's 1000 pounds per square inch of compaction, I would think that they wouldn't want that to happen.

So there are the 2 scenarios, so far.

1. They found her ahead of time? Like where? Any ideas? There was that cryptic comment from that woman saying the trash had been taken. The neighbor of DT's, if you remember. I don't mean the trash came from DT's, but maybe LE had picked up trash earlier or what ????

2. LE could have asked that the trash not be compacted, but then I don't know how they could have stuffed it all into the truck.

3. The medical examiner could have been the one to do the exam-I agree with that . I don't know a thing about ME at all, so perhaps that is where they send their big cases?

4. We need more info on Cam's post about when DT would be missing Somer.

I remember when watching that vigil and crying my eyes out....thinking that LE must have already told her it was Somer.....then Beasler later comes out with the statement about "calling" DT....this is what threw me off......I am trying now to remember what time I left the search area, thinking it was around 5, then I stopped by staples to pick up more flyers for the next day....when I got home is when I heard about a body being found, and just maybe an hour later was the vigil......

Cam - FWIW, I also remember being confused about that whole timeline and watching the vigil of DT sobbing & saying "I'll miss her" and wondering why she said that. because @ that time, it didn't seem as if LE had confirmed it was Somer. But IDK - all I do know is that I was completely confused.

maybe, but if I were her mom....I would hold out for hope.....MO....

Oh for sure. I mean, I think all of us were hoping against hope that by some miracle it wouldn't be her, but at the same time... I think the Sherriff had probably already given them (the parents) enough preliminary info about the remains, how she was dressed, etc, that at least DT, if not both DT and ST, knew that there was little room for doubt even before the official ruling at autopsy.

I can see Besseler calling to confirm after the autopsy, and its prob this call to which he referred in the press conference. And I have to think he had already called after the body was discovered and before the autopsy because he would have notified the parents before telling the media.

Oh for sure. I mean, I think all of us were hoping against hope that by some miracle it wouldn't be her, but at the same time... I think the Sherriff had probably already given them (the parents) enough preliminary info about the remains, how she was dressed, etc, that at least DT, if not both DT and ST, knew that there was little room for doubt even before the official ruling at autopsy.

I can see Besseler calling to confirm after the autopsy, and its prob this call to which he referred in the press conference.

That makes sense. Confirming, not an initial report.

They would probably meet with DT first to go over the clothing , underwear, etc to make sure that was correct.

I can see Besseler calling to confirm after the autopsy, and its prob this call to which he referred in the press conference.
but he made his "phone call" before the autopsy...didn't he?? I thought once they saw the birth mark is when he said it was confirmed....that same evening....

but he made his "phone call" before the autopsy...didn't he?? I thought once they saw the birth mark is when he said it was confirmed....that same evening....

huh. I don't know. you could be right and they officially confirmed prior to the autopsy. I had thought it was after, but I don't honestly recall. I think my point, if I had one, is that I think they would have called the parents pretty soon after finding the remains, and that enough info would have been given for the parents to be 99.9% certain that it was her. And then there was another call confirming, either after the autopsy, or perhaps earlier, but in any case, before the identity was confirmed to the public.

I remember something being said that by pictures that the family had given LE of the birthmark was how she was identified that night....

I will have to think more on this while trying to fall asleep!! third time's charm....night all!!
something about all of this time line is off in MO.....

cam, you were going to bed like I was!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member