FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
============
I want them castrated or dead. How do they like them apples? Who'd have the most votes? Put it on a ballot:furious:

I vote castration, or round them up and put them in g-tmo bay. There are SO many sex-offenders here in San Diego, I can't keep up. They're as close as a mile away from my child's school. Yes, I'm an obsessed over bearing, protective parent. I drop him off, I pick him up, I drive him to his friends house. I don't think this kids feet have ever hit the pavement.

Maybe when he's 18 ;)

Mel

I have a theory on another difference between now and when we were little that impacts the rise in attacks on children. I had, and I bet most of us had, neighbors who knew every move we all made, and not only made sure our parents knew what we were up to, but had no problem making sure we stayed in line. Today, people don't pay attention to the people around them. Alot of parents have such a "not my angel" attitude that if a neighbor went to their door, they are told off for suggesting someones "perfect child" did wrong, so people don't bother. I had a neighbor all us kids in the neighborhood called Nebnose Rose. We all hated her, but our parents loved her. Nobody had a problem telling someone elses kid to cut out the bs or they would get a spank. Not these days, you can't dare correct bad behavior because for all you know the parents might be even worse than the kid as far as behavior goes.
I have no problem telling any kid I see doing wrong to cut it out, or kid not being safe to stop what they are doing. My kids say it's embarrassing, but I don't give a flip. I have made a point of knowing not just my immediate neighbors but people throughout the neighborhood. People know who my kids are and who they belong to, if they see them with anyone else they know there is a problem.
Everyone needs to get back to knowing eachother, helping eachother, protecting eachother and supporting eachother. When I was a stay at home Mom, I saw it as my responsibility to keep an eye on the neighborhood kids whose parents were at work. Their parents were out doing what they had to do, not their fault. I was lucky to be there. They probably think I was Nebnose Rose, but I didn't care. Back to our roots, IMO would help alot.

You know what, you're right!

Where has the sense of personal responsibility gone? We seem to have shifted from accountability into the political correctness arena. Good God, do not invade my personal space and liberties and my crappy upbringing......

IMO

Anyone out there hunting around for criminal offenses in the past couple days, can you link me to drive-offs and smaller robberies? Or just give me a link to the site.

Just thinking of what the astros said, it can't hurt.

This irritates me to no end! NG is in a position to really help with these cases, but she chooses to lead with sensationalistic stories. And that is exactly why the Balloon Boy family did what they did!

And at this moment, I don't care about that story AT ALL. Somer (most likely) is dead and her poor family is going through HELL.

Sarver, Bryan Gregory (B M, 21) Arrest on chrg of Robbery-armed Firearm/other Deadly Weapon (F), at 1706 Horton Dr, Orange Park, FL, on 10/21/2009

did u all see this arrest today

Yes!!! I thought it sounded familiar to this case, but I was not sure I was remembering correctly.

Hmm...

I have a theory on another difference between now and when we were little that impacts the rise in attacks on children. I had, and I bet most of us had, neighbors who knew every move we all made, and not only made sure our parents knew what we were up to, but had no problem making sure we stayed in line. Today, people don't pay attention to the people around them. Alot of parents have such a "not my angel" attitude that if a neighbor went to their door, they are told off for suggesting someones "perfect child" did wrong, so people don't bother. I had a neighbor all us kids in the neighborhood called Nebnose Rose. We all hated her, but our parents loved her. Nobody had a problem telling someone elses kid to cut out the bs or they would get a spank. Not these days, you can't dare correct bad behavior because for all you know the parents might be even worse than the kid as far as behavior goes.
I have no problem telling any kid I see doing wrong to cut it out, or kid not being safe to stop what they are doing. My kids say it's embarrassing, but I don't give a flip. I have made a point of knowing not just my immediate neighbors but people throughout the neighborhood. People know who my kids are and who they belong to, if they see them with anyone else they know there is a problem.
Everyone needs to get back to knowing eachother, helping eachother, protecting eachother and supporting eachother. When I was a stay at home Mom, I saw it as my responsibility to keep an eye on the neighborhood kids whose parents were at work. Their parents were out doing what they had to do, not their fault. I was lucky to be there. They probably think I was Nebnose Rose, but I didn't care. Back to our roots, IMO would help alot.
ITA Supergirl! I was raised in that same type of neighborhood. We had our own "Nebnose Rose" although we didn't have a nickname for her. Not only did we have her, we also had several male neighbors that could be called "Nebnose Ross" I guess. I thank the Lord that I now live in a neighborhood where we watch out for each other. It's not quite the same as when I was a child, but it's close. God bless my neighbors and God bless this grieving family.

We discussed this in the earlier thread to some degree...I for one am outraged and I want to be a part of anything, any group, any organization that will make this stop. Not_my_kids suggested starting a thread for the purpose of strategizing as to exactly what we can do to make this stop. Mods, is it possible to have a thread to discuss this issue and what we as a group can do to put an end to the senseless abduction and murder of our children?
It was suggested earlier by not_my_kids that we could talk to the mods about stating such a thread. The follwing is from not_my_kids earlier post

Mods?

The same thing has been on my mind for a couple of months now. This would be a difficult task because you would have to deal with individual states in some matters unless the Feds decided to set the rules. It would however yield tremendous results! It is also about time that investigators looked at some recent stats instead of the 1999-2000 stats that are always put out. They might need to change the way they conduct these investigations! You have my vote!

============
I want them castrated or dead. How do they like them apples? Who'd have the most votes? Put it on a ballot:furious:

Yey for you!!!! Research has found chemical castration does NOT work...so much for that, it doesn't prevent the obsessive fantasies of power and control over little ones....There is NO cure nor any treatment...yet. Their fantasies and desire for children are here to stay.

The US Supreme Court will hear arguments about Megan's Law and decide it's Constitutionality. Their job is to interpret the Constitution. When SO take their case to the State Supreme Courts - they win. This entire upcoming saga makes me so upset, rageful :furious:...what if the SO win?

I know that everyone is upset with Nancy Grace but you have to understand that she had an interview scheduled BEFORE it was found out that Somer's body was found. She is covering Somer tomorrow night and already has it on the show page. Not to mention the full show was not dedicated to Balloon Boy they covered Haleigh Cummings on there as well.

As if Somer's mother needed something else to worry about today??!!

OMG, the depths that some people will go. It's just unbelievable.

I know that everyone is upset with Nancy Grace but you have to understand that she had an interview scheduled BEFORE it was found out that Somer's body was found. She is covering Somer tomorrow night and already has it on the show page. Not to mention the full show was not dedicated to Balloon Boy they covered Haleigh Cummings on there as well.

They covered the ex Mrs. Cummings. She hardly said a word about Haleigh.

Thanks for the welcomes. This case has really gotten to me. Went to dinner tonight and Somer's flyer was still up at the restaurant. I ordered...but couldn't eat. I find myself just staring at my 2 year old like I never have before. Can not even begin to imagine the pain a parent goes through when something like this happens.

Quote:
The Clay County sheriff had a message for the person responsible for the death of the young girl pulled from a landfill Wednesday afternoon:
"I don't want to tell that suspect what we are doing. I will tell him this: We are coming to get him."

I think I'm in love with this man.

GET EM, SHERIFF!!!

My sentiments exactly. And I think the officer who is reported to have "followed the garbage truck on a hunch" should be publicly revealed so that everyone can shower him/her with the praise they do richly deserve.

WAY TO GO LE!!!

I think all of the agencies involved here should be applauded for their handling of this case, with respect, dignity and CLASS.

You know what, you're right!

Where has the sense of personal responsibility gone? We seem to have shifted from accountability into the political correctness arena. Good God, do not invade my personal space and liberties and my crappy upbringing......

IMO

There's a poster with the signature name of GladysKravitz on W/S. Remember her from the old Bewitched series. She was always looking out her windows and knew what was going on with everyone in the neighborhood. I think we need to go back to the days when we all did a little window snooping, especially when there are kids playing in their front yards, walking home from school, and wandering off from the unwatchful eye of their parents.

During the Caylee case we learned a lot of LE searching landfills etcc.. Makes it nice that the landfills keep such great records.. or LE would have heck of a time to find something in a landfill...

A bit OT, but...

Imo, the landfills keep GREAT records. One of my children's baseball equipment was in a garbage bag on our porch and accidentally got thrown away. The hubby was able to tell me exactly what was on top of the dumpster when he dumped it. I called our landfill immediately, and they were able to isolate that particular truck to a certain location at the dump. I went there all dressed for that task at hand, only to immediately see the bag I was looking for, lying on top of the exact description of the trash hubby had stated was there. I barely even had to step in the edge of the trash.

If they got a tip/dog hit/anything related to a certain dumpster, you can bet your bottom dollar they didn't have to dig thru a whole lot...

Of course, moo!

Yey for you!!!! Research has found chemical castration does NOT work...so much for that, it doesn't prevent the obsessive fantasies of power and control over little ones....There is NO cure nor any treatment...yet. Their fantasies and desire for children are here to stay.

The US Supreme Court will hear arguments about Megan's Law and decide it's Constitutionality. Their job is to interpret the Constitution. When SO take their case to the State Supreme Courts - they win. This entire upcoming saga makes me so upset, rageful :furious:...what if the SO win?
bold is mine

Where the extraction needs to be done for these offenders....IMHOO... is in the BRAIN... the exact location? Well, I think it is not completely known... but the BRAIN is where these things go wrong... not the genitals. Cutting off the balls of these people does not cut off the control center of those balls. It just renders their primary weapon of assault powerless. What needs to be explored is what controls those urges and they start in the brain. So, what is an appropriate neutering proceedure? A lobotomy? If it keeps this from happening again I am ALL FOR IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli