not arrive home with them...?? If true why did he send them back
out for over an hour searching for their sister, and NOT call the
Mother right away with this news?

Also- reading other blogs and forums about this case Sean went
in and changed the wording on his website today and removed
his photo. Could be for privacy-- but why in the midst of such
a tragedy would this be so important?

I may be paranoid from following so many cases, and in this case
I really hope it is not the Mother's live in boyfriend.

The children teasing Somer and having the squabble are probably
a total mess right now with guilt, shame, and heartache-- especially
when it is confirmed for all of them that Somer is dead and never
coming home. I cannot imagine the loss of my child or caring for
my other children with such a horrible crime against my child.

This family has hard days ahead and a lifetime of anguish ahead.

Goodnite everyone, please be kind to each other, keeping Somer and her faimly in my thoughts and prayers, and swift justice for another tragically lost child, my heart is sad

Why do sex offenders kill their victims so quickly after the abduction? It seems in most cases, the children are dead within the day. What is the psychology of it? Just to avoid detection?

Respectfully snipped...

Just my unconnected thoughts. I just don't get this. And I don't blame the mom for letting her kids walk home from school. "Safety in numbers" all that. You get complacent in a mindset and don't think of the little things that the girl running ahead, etc. You think "Okay, there are a lot of kids walking that street. She's with her siblings." It's sure making me reevaluate how I picture my future as a parent of school-age kids more and more. I'm just not going to get all holier-than-thou on a parent who just lost their angel and who never once thought that this could happen to her daughter. You don't have to be a 'pudge-face' to lose a child. You just have to be really unlucky. It can happen to ANYONE, and even if you walk the 20 miles through the snow with them, it doesn't mean you can keep harm away. There's no need for blame-casting here, IMO. Save it for the people who truly neglect their children.

Heartily agreed. I see no reason to crucify Somer's mother. Her grief and her guilt are so heavy that the woman literally can't stand up under them. There isn't much more you can ask for, even if you consider her to be at fault.

As for why they kill their victims. Their victims are not people, they are an end to a means, when a tool has served it's purpose, they throw it away. Or it's the other end of the spectrum, they never intended to lose control and the guilt is too much. I've read a lot of case studies where the main theme is that the kid was looking at them afterward. So they made them stop looking.

What a horrible day. I am so sorry that this turned out the way it did. I was so hopeful she would be found. Good night, everyone. Peace and prayers for Somer and her family.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that Somer might not have had a Grandma to walk her to school. Her mom obviously had to work to support her children and she couldn't force her boyfriend or anyone else to walk to the school to pick up Somer. I can't imagine letting my children walk home either, but I think her mom was doing the best she could and the criticism of the mother by a couple posters really bothers me.
I'm sure Somer's mom is filled with guilt right now for those very reasons, but she might not have had a lot of options.
Let's see.. allow my child to walk home with a group of other kids or quit my job, lose my home, not feed my kids and lose them for not being able to support them ? If it's the law that kids go to school and our taxes pay for it, the state should make sure the kids get to school and home safely.

What really bothers me is that last year in our school district the kids could ride the bus to school for free. NOW, they have decided there's not enough money for the schools in California and they started charging $175.00 per school year. There is a reduced fee but you have to qualify and it's not that easy to qualify. I see alot of kids walking to and from school this year and it really scares me because we have over 83 RSO in this area. In fact, we have one right here in our Mobile Home Park. I check the Megans Law website all the time and found him. I made copies and passed his pic and info around to my neighbors, and guess what?? I got in trouble from the management company for doing so. I told them if they had a problem with it I would be glad to call the sheriff and we could talk about it..Havent heard a word since!!

Video: Family, Friends Gather For Neighborhood Candlelight Vigil 10/21/09 11PM Report 2:39
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video...f43367513e061&maven_referralObject=1303457845

Video: CCSO Organizes Prayer Vigil For Somer Thompson 10/21/09 11PM Report 1:34
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video...d0b7d36168356&maven_referralObject=1303453089

Video: Investigators Say They Will Be Working Throughout The Night 10/21/09 11PM Report 2:02
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video...d0b7d36168356&maven_referralObject=1303457841

Video: Somer's Mother Speaks At Vigil 10/21/09 11PM Report 4:24
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video...d0b7d36168356&maven_referralObject=1303448259

:rose: Rest In Peace Somer! :rose:
:rose: You're Forever Safe In The Arms Of The Angels! :rose:

:rose: :praying: For Somer's Loved Ones!
:rose:

:angel:​

What really bothers me is that last year in our school district the kids could ride the bus to school for free. NOW, they have decided there's not enough money for the schools in California and they started charging $175.00 per school year. There is a reduced fee but you have to qualify and it's not that easy to qualify. I see alot of kids walking to and from school this year and it really scares me because we have over 83 RSO in this area. In fact, we have one right here in our Mobile Home Park. I check the Megans Law website all the time and found him. I made copies and passed his pic and info around to my neighbors, and guess what?? I got in trouble from the management company for doing so. I told them if they had a problem with it I would be glad to call the sheriff and we could talk about it..Havent heard a word since!!

Good For You. So that is legal?? I so strongly feel their faces should be in there yard and name etcc.. big poster board size.. Why should we have to go look up online every time we want to take our children or grand children to visit someone or to a park to play.. Oh wait sweets granny has to look to see all the pedo's in that area first.. and print out faces and address.. or go to visit friends or family even out of state and have to check out to see pedo's in area before can see if children are safe to even be out with parents.. just never know who is on that list...

Pedo's should be made to have a sign in yard in public view..

Did the bf attend the vigil, tonite? Has he been seen at all?

Good For You. So that is legal?? I so strongly feel their faces should be in there yard and name etcc.. big poster board size.. Why should we have to go look up online every time we want to take our children or grand children to visit someone or to a park to play.. Oh wait sweets granny has to look to see all the pedo's in that area first.. and print out faces and address.. or go to visit friends or family even out of state and have to check out to see pedo's in area before can see if children are safe to even be out with parents.. just never know who is on that list...

Pedo's should be made to have a sign in yard in public view..

BBM

Per California Megans Law Website on their Q & A page:

I want to share with others the information I found on the Attorney General's Megan's Law Website. Does the law prohibit me in any way from sharing this information?

A person may use the information disclosed on the Attorney General's Web site only to protect a person at risk.

I figured my neighbors children were at risk with this man living so close and with the things listed that he had done to children under the age of 14.

Did the bf attend the vigil, tonite? Has he been seen at all?

Amster.... tonight on channel 4 news jax the reporter said she went inside the house .. Somers mother asked to speak with her and LE came out and got reporter .. she went in and she said her boyfriend was in the house.. so now if the boyfriend is sp then yes he was and has been at the house.. that is all I know to tell you.. I don't have a link.. you can probably google it..

I watched it live.... sorry...

sorry having trouble on this thread tonight with making double quotes ... I didn't put that quote of dolly there with amsters. when I hit the thanks button it wants to quote it also.

sorry...

Is it maybe time for those of us that would like to start fixing this problem go start our own thread?
Does WS even have a petitions and politician info thread? Are we allowed to have one?
I'll go start it, somebody just tell me where to put it.

I don't want to completely hijack Somer's thread. She deserves her sleuth space and I think we need a space to go be righteously indignant and figure out how to fix this.

This thread is so emotional and believe me that is a good thing.

If you really want to make a change a petition is not the way to go and here is why; unless you can get a million signatures on line it's too hard to get noticed.

You either have to work together on a federal law or work separately in small groups in each state.

You need to decide exactly what it is you want. Be realistic. We want the pigs gone but to make it happen we can't ask for or demand the impossible.

Please remember before you start any type of "movement" on Websleuths I need to approve it. If Websleuths is going to be used as a platform for change then Websleuths needs to get behind the project and let out members know it (whatever it is) is sanctioned by Websleuths.

Please, stop and think exactly what you want and then get with me. We'll go from there.

As one poster already said, with a heavy heart I say goodnight.

Tricia

Thanks, Tricia, we'll get back to you.

And I know better than to use the WS name, it had never crossed my mind to consider it.

Prayers for strength and comfort for all who know and love her.

Poor, dear little Somer, thrown out with trash. I hope justice is not far away from the perpetrator:furious:

I hear the calls for the death penalty and castration. I'm against castration unless they actually cut something off. These days they do chemical castration, no real fear there.
I would like to see them all killed and swiftly, but I know its not going to happen. Everyone stop and look around, our judicial systems have long been taken over by liberal judges. We are living in times that are dangerous.
I would opt for a small area of containment in Antartica, where it would be impossible to escape before freezing to death. They could develop a polar bear breeding center there also. In and out only by helicopter. This would be for life. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member