FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, but I sure hope LE throws us a bone soon before we move on to diagnosing her with too many more syndromes (LOL)!.

In the end, it doesn't matter if she had any kind of syndrome or not -- she didn't cause her own death, and the person who did needs to be held accountable, no matter who it turns out to be.

JMO not a specific diagnosis - we never tested her - but a comination of any factors which would cause her to be more impulsive, vunerable, all of which the perpetrator would be familiar with. She did not cause her own death. Her activities that day, and the fact that she was unsupervised (especially if she was a hyper child that ran off all of the time) set her up for it. Now, who took advantage of that? Who got tired of her actions, perhaps, and took action to put a stop to them?

BBM

ChickenPants:
Do you know what you would say if one of your boys was taken, murdered, and thrown in the trash?

I know my child is my life and I can tell you 100% I have no clue what I would say, how I would say it, or how I would look after such a tragedy.

I'm not trying to stir conflict, I'm just asking this because it drives me nuts how every word DT says is picked apart. IMO unless you have been thru this, there is no way you can know what you would say. My point is how can you say it's an insult to Somer's memory?

It's a tough question.
Every mother is different but all mothers who are really mothers are mothers?
Once I let my younger son out at his bus stop, waved goodbye and an instinct made me turn around and come back just in time to see three kids beating him on the ground. I hit the gas, crossed the wrong side of the road, jumped out, chased them up the bus and said if anyone of them touched him again I would kill them. I really did that.

If either of my boys were murdered, I know for a fact I would be paralyzed. I would scream or be mute. I would not make sense. I would not give interviews. I would not leave the house. I would isolate myself and pray for the strength to go on. I can't even imagine the pain. I would want to die. I pray constantly for all of the sons and daughters serving in the military who when brutally murdered are called "CASUALTIES" when they are human beings who have been murdered and their families will never be the same.

As I said, my sons and I tease each other mercilessly and we have stories about one another. But these stories would not be told on National TV during a follow up interview to see how the family was coping, together with a litany of how I was being mistreated with bad e-mails, etc. It seemed very unfeeling to me

How does it insult Somer? Would Somer want people all over the United States to know she was a klutz? Would you?

It's a tough question.
Once I let my younger son out at his bus stop, waved goodbye and an instinct made me turn around and come back just in time to see three kids beating him on the ground. I hit the gas, crossed the wrong side of the road, jumped out, chased them up the bus and said if anyone of them touched him again I would kill them. I really did that.

If either of my boys were murdered, I know for a fact I would be paralyzed. I would scream or be mute. I would not make sense. I would not give interviews. I would not leave the house. I would isolate myself and pray for the strength to go on. I can't even imagine the pain. I would want to die. I pray constantly for all of the sons and daughters serving in the military who when brutally murdered are called "CASUALTIES" when they are human beings who have been murdered and their families will never be the same.

As I said, my sons and I tease each other mercilessly and we have stories about one another. But these stories would not be told on National TV during a follow up interview to see how the family was coping, together with a litany of how I was being mistreated with bad e-mails, etc. It seemed very unfeeling to me

How does it insult Somer? Would Somer want people all over the United States to know she was a klutz? Would you?

Well, since you asked...I don't think Somer cares if we think she was a klutz or not. I would think it would bother her more to know how people pick her Mom (whom I am sure she loved with all her little heart) apart and say harsh and IMO unfounded things about her Mom.

And, my original point stands IMO...you do not know what you would do. You can only imagine.

If a juvenile is arrested and booked in Clay County where are they taken? They don't go right to the county jail, do they?

I'm pretty sure if they are charged as an adult for the crime, then they are arrested and booked into the county jail just as adult suspects are. If they are charged as a juvenile, then they are taken to a juvenile facility, in Jacksonville IIRC.

It's a tough question.

How I would look after the tragedy: I look like a cadaver without makeup and have aged 10 years after watching the slow demise and death of both of my beloved parents. I looked disgusting. In public, at the viewing and the funerals, (I had to speak and sing), I wore the most appropriate black clothing I could find and tried my hardest to look attractive because both of my parents were proud of that and above all I wanted to show respect for them. They were dead and this was the LAST CHANCE I HAD TO SHOW HOW MUCH I LOVED THEM. I wanted their goodbyes to be a beautiful testimony to what special people they were. I would never do or act in a way to shame them or my family.

In other words, none of this was about me. It was about them, and how my actions and appearance would reflect on them. And that is the God's honest truth.

I do recall the sheriff stating that they have a computer forensic guy working....this is a good thing....wonder what he has come up with, and who's computers were looked at.....

Well, since you asked...I don't think Somer cares if we think she was a klutz or not. I would think it would bother her more to know how people pick her Mom (whom I am sure she loved with all her little heart) apart and say harsh and IMO unfounded things about her Mom.

And, my original point stands IMO...you do not know what you would do. You can only imagine.

None of the posts about DT's interviews, dress, behaviors or verbal inconsistencies are unfounded. They can all be seen and heard on video. I am sure Somer still loves her mother with all her heart and hopes her mother has a happier and more together life than she has had up to the point Somer was violated and murdered. And no I do not think anyone wants the last image people have of them as klutz. And yes, I know exactly what I would do. More precisely, I know exactly what I would NEVER do no matter how many people asked me or offered me money or how much I wanted to let the world in on my own personal feelings. It would not be about me.

I hope none of us ever have to go thru what DT and the others that love Somer have had to go thru. I'm not sure how any of us would handle it.
Like I said, my child is my life. I would lay my life down for her in a heartbeat. But, if God forbid, this ever happened to her, I can say how I think I would react, what I think I would do or say...but I can not say for sure because I have never gone thru it.

I believe her interviews in the beginning were about finding Somer.
I believe her interviews after Somer was found was to bring awareness to this horrible crime and to try to find justice for Somer.

You say you know you would NEVER give interviews. I ask, even if it would help you find your child or get justice for your child?

I do recall the sheriff stating that they have a computer forensic guy working....this is a good thing....wonder what he has
come up with, and who's computers were looked at.....

Is that the computer guy who is sleuthing the web to see if there are people who might be bragging or leaving other viable leads about the murder? The web must be full of sick people who are saying whatever. Wonder how they follow up on those?

Is that the computer guy who is sleuthing the web to see if there are people who might be bragging or leaving other viable leads about the murder? The web must be full of sick people who are saying whatever. Wonder how they follow up on those?
I have no clue, but I am sure they know what they are doing, or so I hope....sheriff said this at the first presser I think.....maybe they looked at all computer's involved in those that love Somer...and maybe some that don't....MO

I believe her interviews in the beginning were about finding Somer.
I believe her interviews after Somer was found was to bring awareness to this horrible crime and to try to find justice for Somer.

You say you know you would NEVER give interviews. I ask, even if it would help you find your child or get justice for your child?

I did not say I would NEVER give interviews. I said there are some things I would never do. I would not be at fundraisers nor allowing my children to stand with buckets collecting money on street corners and I would not be riding harleys or singing on a stage and I am a singer.

I do not think I would be able to give interviews, even if heavily medicated. I would be too afraid of breaking down. I would be more likely to give written information.

It would not be my job to get justice for my child. My job would be to be present to my other kids and give every bit of my energy to them. My job would be to give every bit of factual evidence possible, to cooperate with police and to turn in my own spouse or the Pope if I had the slightest suspicion of involvement. It is the FBI and LE who are the experts in getting justice. Blabbing on t.v. can also compromise an investigation. Have you considered why there have been no interviews since mother has obtained an attorney?

For a young high schooler I knew who was killed, I had the permission from the mother to set up a music scholarship in her name. This is the type of thing I would do for either of my sons - make something positive that would keep them alive through helping others.

You have made your feelings clear and I respect them. SO please do not question my sincerity or the viability of what I say out of the fullness of my heart and the desire to see this horrible situation come to an end. Out of respect for WS.

On a recent video, it is the one that is reporting on her interviews with police outside the home. Her demeaner at the time is pretty matter-of -fact looking. But, what I am curious about this time is also how she is dressed. She is not wearing scrubs or what might be described as work clothes. Was this what she was wearing from the time she flagged down police? Did she stop in the interview to take a shower, change clothes to this really low key relaxing at home wear? If, she changed when did she, and what did LE ask to do or see about what she was wearing before? Is this the way PC was dressed throughout? It looks like something he might have been wearing all day since work, to me.

I also recall reading about a super sensitive "Eschelon" type program being used to search the web for any mention of S. and the case, being employed by the Navy. Is this SOP nowadays? Or do you recall this in other cases, too?

I did not say I would NEVER give interviews. I said there are some things I would never do. I would not be at fundraisers nor allowing my children to stand with buckets collecting money on street corners and I would not be riding harleys or singing on a stage and I am a singer.

I do not think I would be able to give interviews, even if heavily medicated. I would be too afraid of breaking down. I would be more likely to give written information.

It would not be my job to get justice for my child. My job would be to be present to my other kids and give every bit of my energy to them. My job would be to give every bit of factual evidence possible, to cooperate with police and to turn in my own spouse or the Pope if I had the slightest suspicion of involvement. It is the FBI and LE who are the experts in getting justice. Blabbing on t.v. can also compromise an investigation. Have you considered why there have been no interviews since mother has obtained an attorney?

For a young high schooler I knew who was killed, I had the permission from the mother to set up a music scholarship in her name. This is the type of thing I would do for either of my sons - make something positive that would keep them alive through helping others.

You have made your feelings clear and I respect them. SO please do not question my sincerity or the viability of what I say out of the fullness of my heart and the desire to see this horrible situation come to an end. Out of respect for WS.

BBM

I have no idea what you are talking about in the bolded part.
I never questioned our sincerity. And trust me, I have complete respect for WS.
Can you explain what you mean by this.

On a recent video, it is the one that is reporting on her interviews with police outside the home. Her demeaner at the time is pretty matter-of -fact looking. But, what I am curious about this time is also how she is dressed. She is not wearing scrubs or what might be described as work clothes. Was this what she was wearing from the time she flagged down police? Did she stop in the interview to take a shower, change clothes to this really low key relaxing at home wear? If, she changed when did she, and what did LE ask to do or see about what she was wearing before? Is this the way PC was dressed throughout? It looks like something he might have been wearing all day since work, to me.

Trying to be FAIR AND NON J U D G E M E N T A L I will say that in years in medical field there are places where receptionists do not wear scrubs...it's plausible she asked to excuse herself, went in and changed, it was cold outside. Have you seen the close-up of PC in the hug scene at the vigil, what is on his neck?

I have not kept track of Diena's clothing except to make a mental note of the first clingy cleavage number worn on the presser with Sheriff (have to admit, she looked pretty wrecked there and prob was not thinking about clothes) and the infamous funeral attire. Other than that, she seems pretty conservative with jeans and sweaters, pays special attention to her hair, last interview looked like a TOTALLY DIFFERENT PERSON. I do not fault her for trying to dress up - it's probably a matter of comfort to have some control over that part of her life. But....it's always been my thought she dressed to impress her man.

The outfit at the Harley benefit was wierd and she looked not so comfortable in bandana and harley gear. I keep asking HOW LONG HAS SHE BEEN INVOLVED IN HARLEY SOCIETY and I never get an answer. The length of time of her involvement would possibly open a window on more types of persons that were in and out of the home. How it affected the kids, empty house after school, etc.

She reminds me of a changeling, trying to conform to what the situation requires, and finding it hard to keep up with everything. No time to sit alone and really THINK and go into those dark places where little lights might shine...even if she does sit on her bed and talk to Somer, which I found sad and touching. The whole thing is sad. Why can't she just get rid of the men and grab those kids and start over? Somer would be proud.

Since I first became a member almost two months ago, (seems much longer), there have been many people named and sleuthed. I have not made it a secret who my primary suspect has been. Other posters too share my views. But, I don't recall too much of an accounting being asked for by me, or these others as to what you are sleuthing, who you were sleuthing, and why, unless that person was so remote that it seemed really unjustified to put their personal info out based solely on a hunch.
But, anyone who has questioned DT's role in this as a possible suspect has been routinely villified by those who support her on these pages. Statistics and recent cases have shown that family and close associates are the MOST likely suspects. If there was evidence that DT could not have been anywhere near S at the time of her murder and it was announced she was cleared, and people were talking about what she had on, and how she acted, that to me would be gossipy and wrong. But, as that has not been true in this case then how she is dressed, how she behaves and comports herself is open to examination. And rightfully so. JMO.

I was just watching that video and wondered about her clothes too, thinking she must have changed clothes from work to more suitable searching attire. It gets colder at night? Wonder when she changed? Maybe she came home from work down wells rd to debarry and went by the house first to see if somer was there and changed then?

Trying to be FAIR AND NON J U D G E M E N T A L I will say that in years in medical field there are places where receptionists do not wear scrubs...it's plausible she asked to excuse herself, went in and changed, it was cold outside. Have you seen the close-up of PC in the hug scene at the vigil, what is on his neck?

I have not kept track of Diena's clothing except to make a mental note of the first clingy cleavage number worn on the presser with Sheriff (have to admit, she looked pretty wrecked there and prob was not thinking about clothes) and the infamous funeral attire. Other than that, she seems pretty conservative with jeans and sweaters, pays special attention to her hair, last interview looked like a TOTALLY DIFFERENT PERSON. I do not fault her for trying to dress up - it's probably a matter of comfort to have some control over that part of her life. But....it's always been my thought she dressed to impress her man.

The outfit at the Harley benefit was wierd and she looked not so comfortable in bandana and harley gear. I keep asking HOW LONG HAS SHE BEEN INVOLVED IN HARLEY SOCIETY and I never get an answer. The length of time of her involvement would possibly open a window on more types of persons that were in and out of the home. How it affected the kids, empty house after school, etc.

She reminds me of a changeling, trying to conform to what the situation requires, and finding it hard to keep up with everything. No time to sit alone and really THINK and go into those dark places where little lights might shine...even if she does sit on her bed and talk to Somer, which I found sad and touching. The whole thing is sad. Why can't she just get rid of the men and grab those kids and start over? Somer would be proud.

My questions were not from a fashion pov. I was asking from an evidentiary standpoint. She has changed, I would think since she came home from work, at some point, while PC still appears to be wearing what he might have had on since work. I was wondering if LE would have bagged her clothes she was wearing before, if she changed, showered or whatever. Or was this what she had on since the flag down which would have indicated a stop off at home that was not noted in the MPR. That's all.

I don't think disagreeing with someone is villifying them.

We discuss different issues here and all members are not gonna agree.

Having a disscussion of why someone thinks DT is horrible and someone else says they don't think she is...that's just disscussion as far as I'm concerned.

I say sleuth away. But I'm sure there will be someone or many someones who don't agree and may say so. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025