FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If so it is not noted by anyone on the MPR. And for some reason I get/got the impression she had not done so and LE was accompanying her to look there (for her), the first time since leaving work. Was that your sense?

I always assumed it was the first time she went home when LE went with her from where she flagged them down. I also assumed DT was in phone contact with SP to see if somer came home while she was looking.

Dr. Fessel:

I did not realize that the Sheriff did that. That is indeed interesting. Makes you think.

If so it is not noted by anyone on the MPR. And for some reason I get/got the impression she had not done so and LE was accompanying her to look there (for her), the first time since leaving work. Was that your sense?

I got the impression that DT had already been searching for somer before she contacted LE, not that they searched together. The MPR states that the officer was flagged down at Floyd Circle West and Gano, then they relocated to DT's residence. The MPR didn't mention LE accompanying DT on the search for somer, did it?

Speaking as someone who worked in a medical office as a receptionist/medical clerk, I never wore scrubs. The nurses, lab techs, CNAs did, but the desk personnel did not. However; like you, it had crossed my mind if what DT is wearing in that interview was the way she was dressed for work that day...Monday. Usually people dress down more on Fridays in my experience. I didn't notice seeing CP in that video or how he was dressed, but I would guess that DT probably had changed clothes. I don't know that it matters a whole lot, just an observance.

If this were any other case and a person at the center of the investigation changed THEIR clothes would this be significant to you? And you also think the clothes she is wearing when being questioned is not what she wore to work. PC for the record is wearing what appears to be a black polo style shirt.
It doesn't show it from the front but it looks like the kind that would have had a business logo. It is different than his usual attire is why I speculated it may have been something he would have worn to work.
I just wanted to put this out there to see what sort of views there are on this.

Yeah, cause if he thought she were a person who did this, there is no way in heck he would have wanted her to lawyer up IMO.

Trying to be FAIR AND NON J U D G E M E N T A L I will say that in years in medical field there are places where receptionists do not wear scrubs...it's plausible she asked to excuse herself, went in and changed, it was cold outside. Have you seen the close-up of PC in the hug scene at the vigil, what is on his neck?

I have not kept track of Diena's clothing except to make a mental note of the first clingy cleavage number worn on the presser with Sheriff (have to admit, she looked pretty wrecked there and prob was not thinking about clothes) and the infamous funeral attire. Other than that, she seems pretty conservative with jeans and sweaters, pays special attention to her hair, last interview looked like a TOTALLY DIFFERENT PERSON. I do not fault her for trying to dress up - it's probably a matter of comfort to have some control over that part of her life. But....it's always been my thought she dressed to impress her man.

The outfit at the Harley benefit was wierd and she looked not so comfortable in bandana and harley gear. I keep asking HOW LONG HAS SHE BEEN INVOLVED IN HARLEY SOCIETY and I never get an answer. The length of time of her involvement would possibly open a window on more types of persons that were in and out of the home. How it affected the kids, empty house after school, etc.

She reminds me of a changeling, trying to conform to what the situation requires, and finding it hard to keep up with everything. No time to sit alone and really THINK and go into those dark places where little lights might shine...even if she does sit on her bed and talk to Somer, which I found sad and touching. The whole thing is sad. Why can't she just get rid of the men and grab those kids and start over? Somer would be proud.

BBM: Did it ever occur to you the reason you don't get an answer is because noone knows? So why keep asking?

Noway, could you please post the link of the Sheriff specifically asking the current attorney to represent D. It has been stated you have a link and I haven't seen this. Please and Thank you in advance

You would have to know the sheriff's intentions on why she has that lawyer
1. Is it the fundraising trust?
2. Stopping people from phony scam type fundraising

Has anyone looked at what types of cases he handles

I got the impression that DT had already been searching for somer before she contacted LE, not that they searched together. The MPR states that the officer was flagged down at Floyd Circle West and Gano, then they relocated to DT's residence. The MPR didn't mention LE accompanying DT on the search for somer, did it?

Yes. He accompanied her to the house to search there. (As though for her the first time?)

What if D did not return to work after lunch with SP. That would make more sense of the casual attire she was wearing when she flagged the officer down.

That is an extremely weird part of this no facts case. Not even her employer or other employees have said publicly when she left from work, that I can find. I had heard earlier (but cant find any source for it) that she had never returned from lunch, but finding no source for it or anyone here mentioning it, I just thought I had imagined it. Anyone know any facts of when DT left her office that day or share this imaginary thought?

It was interesting enough that it stuck in my mind. lol

I have a memory of this as I was asking for this same info about the attorney to be verified that it was at the Sheriff's behest.

You said you don't think that if LE suspected her in any way they would have suggested a lawyer, when I thought that was precisely what they do when someone is arrested. But, is it odd to do so when you don't think someone is a suspect? That is the question.

I don't know when she left work but I can almost guarantee LE does.

You would have to know the sheriff's intentions on why she has that lawyer
1. Is it the fundraising trust?
2. Stopping people from phony scam type fundraising

Has anyone looked at what types of cases he handles

My understanding is that her attorney is involved in numerous areas of the law but specializes in entertainment/contract law. I feel that possibly the Sheriff may have suggested that the family obtain council when he saw how much publicity this horrific incident was drawing. I do not feel that any member of law enforcement would arrange legal council for any member of the public. I am waiting for the link to verify.

Thanks to ShareTheLight (whose [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4505217&postcount=106"]post[/ame] I bookmarked) and Chee (who posted the information that ShareTheLight found):

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4424738&postcount=727"]Posted by Chee-7:41pm-11/12-thread 17-post 727[/ame]

The lawyer didn't speak in the 6pm clip... at the end of the video, the reporter, Jeannie Blaylock said the attorney said sheriff besler asked him (the attorney) to watch out for the family.

When DT did the early show with this atty, it is mentioned that he was hired by DT....

Still going through the Facts and my 52 pages of notes and hope to find the Jeanie Blaylock clip.

Michael R. Freed – Diena Thompson’s lawyer. See GMA interview http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/somer-thompson-mother-diena-searches-killer/story?id=9029804. Areas of law include: Commercial Litigation; Business Litigation; Class Actions; Arbitration; Eminent Domain; Construction Litigation; Real Estate Litigation; Banking Law; Labor and Employment; Sports Law; Entertainment Law

Kate Snow interview. (Ccane posted the long version of this video earlier in this thread IIRC).

I think when someone is arrested, they are told they have a right to get an attorney. But, I have never seen a Sheriff recommend a certain attorney. Esp if they have not been arrested. Would this be a common practice for LE to tell someone they are watching or think may have had something to do with a crime to get an attorney? IDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli