FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last post tonight. I wanted to find out reasons LE would withold certain information and in my searching came upon NYPD total protocol for homicide investigations, very detailed, every aspect covered. With differences in states in mind, chances are that most detectives do follow most, if not all, of the same procedures...

WARNING: Not until I had done some interesting reading did the very gruesome photos show up. They are not edited. If you do not want to see terrible and shocking murder crime scenes, don't look at this. I continued reading to try to understand what exactly is happening now. One point that stands out: Investigations can take up to several months. God Bless detectives everywhere. They are heroes. IMO
http://www.homicidesquad.com/nypd_homicide_response_and_investigation.htm#Strategy

I have a memory of this as I was asking for this same info about the attorney to be verified that it was at the Sheriff's behest.

You said you don't think that if LE suspected her in any way they would have suggested a lawyer, when I thought that was precisely what they do when someone is arrested. But, is it odd to do so when you don't think someone is a suspect? That is the question.

does the sheriff know who the investigators have there eye on as a suspect

What if D did not return to work after lunch with SP. That would make more sense of the casual attire she was wearing when she flagged the officer down.

That's what I keep thinking. Is it possible she changed well beforehand, like say at lunch time. If she wasn't going back to work that day. Purely speculation at this point as we don't know when she left work that day. Or if she came back after lunch at all.

But, if she changed at any time like New1 says seems a bit off. Most people would just put on a jacket. She isn't in the video she seems to be wearing a sweatshirt. Not at all work attire. Even for casual Fridays.

I think when someone is arrested, they are told they have a right to get an attorney. But, I have never seen a Sheriff recommend a certain attorney. Esp if they have not been arrested. Would this be a common practice for LE to tell someone they are watching or think may have had something to do with a crime to get an attorney? IDK

The people making donations where getting a thank you email from Sean

So maybe the sheriff said get some else

What if D did not return to work after lunch with SP. That would make more sense of the casual attire she was wearing when she flagged the officer down.

We don't know if this was what she had on at the time she flagged the officer down. What time of day or night was the video made? If it was made when they first relocated to DT's residence and were filing the MPR, then it could have been what she was wearing when she left work unless they let her go in a change clothes while filing the report. I think it would be easy for LE to check and see if DT went back to work after lunch with SP, so IMO she did go back to work. Otherwise, she would have probably been home with SP when AT and ST(twin ) got home from school.

Dee10 posted this (at least at the point where I made note of it). ETA: Then later saw that ShareTheLight and before that, MommaD had already posted. WE NEED A SUB FORUM! :)

Diena's lawyer, Michael Freed, hinted at progress in the police probe, telling Rodriguez he's "optimistic," based on "the information (authorities have) provided (to him) that they have the person who did this under observation, maybe among other people. They're waiting for certain scientific evidence to come back from certain unique labs around the country. They're putting great resources in to this, and this is really the perfect time for anyone that knows who did this or for the person that did this to help heal the wound that he's caused, not only of this family and the community, but, in fact, the nation. So I think that's just a matter of time before this is resolved and justice is done." http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...UpperPromoArea

We don't know if this was what she had on at the time she flagged the officer down. What time of day or night was the video made? If it was made when they first relocated to DT's residence and were filing the MPR, then it could have been what she was wearing when she left work unless they let her go in a change clothes while filing the report. I think it would be easy for LE to check and see if DT went back to work after lunch with SP, so IMO she did go back to work. Otherwise, she would have probably been home with SP when AT and ST(twin ) got home from school.

Or she could have been at the park with AC or she could have been where ever in the world Somer was. We just don't know

It was my understanding that the Sheriff did not recommend Freed but that once hired by Diena, the Sheriff may have said for Freed to watch out for the family.

I think I remember Somer was missing for 7 hours when the video was made of DT outside the house.. so about 10pm ish

Yeah, ccane, that Sean guy is a total mystery to me. Has been since day one.
I don't get his "role" in this. KWIM

He is a major part of this but have we ever heard his voice? I mean he has stayed out of the spot light IMO.
He gives me chills. Something about him just aint right IMO.

I may be wrong.

I'd love to know more about him. Why he was there that day. What was his relationship to DT. How much was he around the children. Why does DT trust him with everything so much.

I have so many questions about him and not one answer. It has me dumbfounded.

The people making donations where getting a thank you email from Sean

So maybe the sheriff said get some else

I wonder if the sheriff asked the lawyer to watch out for the family because Sam said he was coming to florida to get the kids.

A big Thanks Noway that was my understanding as well, just needed confirmation !

If more time was spent looking for facts, you might find some.. hint hint

I wonder if the sheriff asked the lawyer to watch out for the family because Sam said he was coming to florida to get the kids.

Since the lawyer does not handle that type of case I would say no
His more recent case was internet gambling

I think this attorney, by his website, is an attorney for the interviews and to handle the bank account which ST recently told me this attorney is in charge of now. I dont think by looking at his website that he is a criminal attorney. At least it doesnt look as though he specializes in criminal law. Entertainment and banking... I dont think the sheriff would recommend an attorney to anyone he was investigating, maybe for the fund raising and money pouring in, but not a defense attorney.

Yeah, ccane, that Sean guy is a total mystery to me. Has been since day one.
I don't get his "role" in this. KWIM

He is a major part of this but have we ever heard his voice? I mean he has stayed out of the spot light IMO.
He gives me chills. Something about him just aint right IMO.

I may be wrong.

I'd love to know more about him. Why he was there that day. What was his relationship to DT. How much was he around the children. Why does DT trust him with everything so much.

I have so many questions about him and not one answer. It has me dumbfounded.

I am sure LE looked at him first.. maybe for hours or days
We did not see him until the funeral and he was on DT mom and Dad facebook

For what it's worth, in the MPR Diena says she left work (upon getting text from SP).

If it turned out that she had left work at lunchtime and not returned, that would be a red flag. But if she did leave at lunch, it would make sense that Diena's coworkers said she left without indicating anything was wrong. Because nothing was at lunchtime.

Disagreeing is not being confrontational IMO. It's disagreeing.

Kimberly, with all due respect, it's the WAY you disagree and the tone of your disagreement in your staunch support of DT any time any poster questions some of her actions. I think we all know where you stand because you have been so clear in your defense of DT. In fact, I have wondered if you are a very, very good friend of hers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm