FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For reasons to not give out the COD, in addition to those already mentioned, I'd like to add. The person(s) that LE had REQUESTED not view the body and not be informed of the COD, may be considered a suspect. And since LE does not just go ahead and set that person's mind at ease, it seems logical to assume that they CAN NOT be cleared as a suspect for evidentiary reasons. There have been no eyewitnesses THAT WE KNOW OF yet, and DNA may be difficult if the suspect is a close relative who's DNA would be expected to be found on the body. Then again, that may depend on the type and location found. Such as under the arms in 'press DNA' if the body were dragged.

A perp might try to just not say anything since only they and LE would know the COD. But, what if the perp thinks for some reason the body was moved or tampered with in some way by another unknown individual. Then they might ask questions because they would want to know certain things now that are unknown to them. They don't know if their own evidence is still there or whether they can heave a sigh of relief now, that the hand of suspicion points elsewhere, they think. The worst thing for the perp would have been waiting for the body to be found. That is when they are most anxious. If there was a delay for some reason, then the mind would start to wonder. Human nature would mean they might actually try to "help" just to get that part over with. They want to know when it happens are they going to be suspected in any way. Will they get away with it? There is a very good reason to shield the cause of death because in this case the perp has been led to believe that others have taken actions with the deceased after theirs.

MOO

Workin on a theory and it is all only speculation, including what you bolded. Reasons I believe this are:

dt stated she got to bury all of her as you pointed out.
I believe she was in such terrible condition that the funeral home could not make her presentable for viewing.
And some other reasons that I cant post here, sorry.

Now that you mention it, that IS a strange thing for DT to have said about being able to bury ALL of Somer. Why would she even say that unless she knew that Somer was not in one piece? I had not thought of that. If this is true that Somer was disfigured, mutilated, and dismembered that completely blows my theory of who killed her out of the water.

As you know, I have been back and forth with my thinking that this murder was committed by a family member, but if it turns out that your belief is right about the condition of the body, there is no way, nohow, that I can believe it was a family member, especially a mother or a brother as I have suspected from time to time....going back and forth believing it and not believing it.

If Somer's body was in this kind of condition, my suspicions would fall on some kind of sadistic group of teenagers ( I don't think just one person) as an initiation into a gang or some kind of Truth or Dare thing. Wow, that is an awful, awful thought. It is awful that she was murdered in the first place, but if in this way, it's even more awful to think about.

Now that you mention it, that IS a strange thing for DT to have said about being able to bury ALL of Somer. Why would she even say that unless she knew that Somer was not in one piece? I had not thought of that. If this is true that Somer was disfigured, mutilated, and dismembered that completely blows my theory of who killed her out of the water.

As you know, I have been back and forth with my thinking that this murder was committed by a family member, but if it turns out that your belief is right about the condition of the body, there is no way, nohow, that I can believe it was a family member, especially a mother or a brother as I have suspected from time to time....going back and forth believing it and not believing it.

If Somer's body was in this kind of condition, my suspicions would fall on some kind of sadistic group of teenagers ( I don't think just one person) as an initiation into a gang or some kind of Truth or Dare thing. Wow, that is an awful, awful thought. It is awful that she was murdered in the first place, but if in this way, it's even more awful to think about.

I believe at the time that DT commented was when John Walsh and AMW was in the picture. It was his son who was only able to be partially buried. I have noticed that this comment, along with "You Are My Sunshine" which was Caylee Anthony's favorite song, and now the mention of S. being found in the rumored blue container, like Stacy Peterson, are all copy cat affectations by DT. JMOO

I don't put a whole lot of credence in what DT says myself. Almost every quote she has given was said first by someone else, anyway. Since she "claims" she does not know the COD or manner of death, what would she base her statements on, you reckon?

Eleven murders made 2009 a violent year
http://www.claytoday.biz/content/1878_1.php

Nothing new really....but the highlights: Sheriff feels Somer's murder will be solved and is a top priority, investigators continue to work thru holidays and weekends, still waiting on forensic evidence including some from Gano house.

"There’s too much evidence not to have something to work on," he said.

I believe at the time that DT commented was when John Walsh and AMW was in the picture. It was his son who was only able to be partially buried. I have noticed that this comment, along with "You Are My Sunshine" which was Caylee Anthony's favorite song, and now the mention of S. being found in the rumored blue container, like Stacy Peterson, are all copy cat affectations by DT. JMOO

I don't put a whole lot of credence in what DT says myself. Almost every quote she has given was said first by someone else, anyway. Since she does not know the COD or manner of death, what would she base her statements on, you reckon?

When and where was this mentioned? Never saw or heard anything said about a blue container in this case.

We do not know for certain that DT does not know the COD, do we? She SAID she didn't, but if you don't put a whole lot of credence in what she says, how can you believe her when she says she does not know the COD?

first let me start by saying that i have only posted a few time's here, but there is not a day that goes by that i don't take the time to follow what everyone has to say. what you said about this being drug related is what i have said since day 1. there is no doubt in my mind that somehow this all has to do with "DRUGS" and SOMER paid the price for it. i have alway's felt that DT either did it, know's who did it, or had a hand in it.. I SMELL A RAT!
you have some very good point's in all that you have to say.

Thanks for your reply. After all of this time - and trying to remain objective - I am coming up once and for all to the conclusion that whoever did it - DT has a suspicion or knows. But I do not think she did it, or even had a hand in it. I don't think she ever expected something like this could happen (especially in her neighborhood in broad daylight), but it did, and there is no way out of it now.

Her little daughter is dead (what price this paid, I don't know). It's a fact. What are her choices now? If she knew who did it, and told LE, her whole life would be destroyed, she would probably lose her children, likely be jailed for child endangerment or being complicit in a cover-up, the media would have a field day and she'd be forever put along side the Susan Smiths and Casey Anthonys. Her childrens' lives would be ruined. The community who supported her would have lost all that money for nothing.

She can't reverse what happened. She has to live with it. But I think she knew and knows there was never a child predator on the loose, and that the community is not in danger. And I think LE knows that too.

I could be totally mistaken. In fact, I hope I am!

Chickenpants,
I read that LE received a phone tip to search the Gano House and the dumpster there. I do not know when they got that tip. But, I do remember reading that the Gano House and dumpster were searched on Thursday and Friday. Possible that someone saw Somer go in that yard, and later saw someone putting maybe a large construction flexi garbage bag in the dumpster ?

WOW you have to wonder who that phone tip was from. And if the person phoned, you would hope they might be conscience driven to follow up again and tell more of what they saw. A detailed description of whoever they saw dumping whatever whenever they saw it? Was it in broad daylight? We know an approximate time Somer was allegedly seen around that house. Was the person dumping trash seen later? Was it after children and parents were no longer walking in the area? But before LE was on the scene? Did the person go back into the house or get into a car and drive away? Questions, questions, questions.

So if the house was searched Thu or Fri it was after the body was found. That says to me that when they found her as the truck was unloading, they would have poss. asked the truck driver what part of his route this portion of the garbage came from. And perhaps the garbage partially covering her was of the construction-type. So they searched Gano house and surrounding. KNWIM...

I have to chime in, here. Been reading, catching up.
The logic of withholding the COD escapes me completely, but maybe I'm missing something.
LE says that to disclose COD would jeopardize the case. Now, being that the murderer KNOWS the COD, would it not make more sense to not say ANYTHING?
To me, saying they know the COD is just flaunting this to the killer. To say they did NOT know the COD would have been much more prudent, wouldn't it?
I would think disclosing they know would be the same as announcing it. Anyway-It's not the public that they need to protect from this information, it's the killer, who may be driven to act on it.
So why announce anything at all? :waitasec:

Hey doggie, I am re-reading what you posted with a fresh mind (if that is possible).

What you are saying makes sense to us. But from looking and looking for reasons COD has not been released, what I found was that LE always tells the next of kin. I couldn't even find any links specific to ongoing criminal investigations denying familes information...So I deduct that it is routine protocol to release this information to family, but not necessarily the public or the media. That means (IMO) there is a reason to believe that (1) the family might leak it or (2) they are looking at the family as possible perp(s). Anyone have a different reason?

WOW you have to wonder who that phone tip was from. And if the person phoned, you would hope they might be conscience driven to follow up again and tell more of what they saw. A detailed description of whoever they saw dumping whatever whenever they saw it? Was it in broad daylight? We know an approximate time Somer was allegedly seen around that house. Was the person dumping trash seen later? Was it after children and parents were no longer walking in the area? But before LE was on the scene? Did the person go back into the house or get into a car and drive away? Questions, questions, questions.

So if the house was searched Thu or Fri it was after the body was found. That says to me that when they found her as the truck was unloading, they would have poss. asked the truck driver what part of his route this portion of the garbage came from. And perhaps the garbage partially covering her was of the construction-type. So they searched Gano house and surrounding. KNWIM...

The Gano house dumpster could NOT have been the dumpster, I really feel, because that dumpster was full, if you look at any of the clips of LE searching through the dumpster. Plus construction dumpsters are taken by a company that you call, not garbage haulers.

I don't remember anything about a tip and the Gano house. Does anyone have it anywhere?

There was Kyle, who a reporter called, that said that he was at Gano working and Somer came up and talked to him. He said that LE told him that he was the last known person to have seen her alive.

But that's all I have read about except for the search there. and the RSO brother of the owner of the construction company.

I think that it is curious that even children in stories about this have their last name listed, but Kyle does not.

We know nothing about Kyle.

When and where was this mentioned? Never saw or heard anything said about a blue container in this case.

We do not know for certain that DT does not know the COD, do we? She SAID she didn't, but if you don't put a whole lot of credence in what she says, how can you believe her when she says she does not know the COD?

First Question: It was stated by a poster who is a friend of the mother of one of DT's friends who said that S. was found in a blue container. So this was not a baseless rumor at a water fountain but a rumor that could be traced quickly back to DT, I would think. But, it may have had other parties in between.

Second Question: I feel very sure she knows the cause of death, considering she is my #1 suspect. Therefore I would expect her to say this, considering that there is nothing coming from LE.

I retract what I said above. I dont think anyone stopped them from seeing somers body.
BUT I DONT think that the funeral home could make her presentable, because I now believe she was disfigured, mutillated, and dismembered. And I am very glad that her family chose not to see her this way. JMHO

And who could possibly have a motive for doing this to an innocent little girl? Was she the only target? Or is the perp still out there looking for other little girls to do it to? If what you say is true there should be a continual LE media onslaught to keep reminding people that there is a maniac on the loose. And LE should DEFINITELY have publicly cleared DT and the family, if for no other reason than the indignity of the crime.

Sad, don't you think that if all of the above you stated happened, there would be a lot of blood and etc. to clean up? The killers would have to have taken her somewhere out of the area, it would take time to disfigure and dismember her, get her back, put her in the dumpster...when would they have time to do all of that...plus, at the time she was found, there would have been traces of blood all over her. They would have plenty of DNA to work from. The killer's DNA would be all over her. Plus, unless LE was lying, they said they discovered her by her legs sticking out, and she was partially covered by trash. She was id'd by birthmark and clothing and something on her knee. So you must be saying she was dismembered on her upper body...but the blood...I doubt the perps would have cut her up and then cleaned her up.

BTW I don't buy that the reason they haven't closed in is that they are waiting for evidence.

And who could possibly have a motive for doing this to an innocent little girl? Was she the only target? Or is the perp still out there looking for other little girls to do it to? If what you say is true there should be a continual LE media onslaught to keep reminding people that there is a maniac on the loose. And LE should DEFINITELY have publicly cleared DT and the family, if for no other reason than the indignity of the crime.

Sad, don't you think that if all of the above you stated happened, there would be a lot of blood and etc. to clean up? The killers would have to have taken her somewhere out of the area, it would take time to disfigure and dismember her, get her back, put her in the dumpster...when would they have time to do all of that...plus, at the time she was found, there would have been traces of blood all over her. They would have plenty of DNA to work from. The killer's DNA would be all over her. Plus, unless LE was lying, they said they discovered her by her legs sticking out, and she was partially covered by trash. She was id'd by birthmark and clothing and something on her knee. So you must be saying she was dismembered on her upper body...but the blood...I doubt the perps would have cut her up and then cleaned her up.

BTW I don't buy that the reason they haven't closed in is that they are waiting for evidence.

Good Grief. Has it not occured to you that maybe there is a reason that DT and "the family" has not been cleared?

I think DT and ST both have COD as listed on death certificate. However, that said.. I dont think the COD directly tells either the circumstances of her death.

Meaning... my sister had cystic fibrosis.. cod was pneumonia.

my best friend died of brain cancer.. COD of death was an anurism (sp).

Another close friend died of melonoma... COD again pneumonia

the COD IMO is rarely what really caused the death.. only the end result of the cause. KWIM?

Thanks Sad for the clarification. So they know the COD but not the manner of death. Not the autopsy results. But those are available upon request from the Coroner.

Here's a thought... maybe Kyle isn't the "killer", however he *thinks* he knows who is. Maybe Somer did come up to the house and say "nice job" and one of Kyle's coworkers/boss/relative that worked there alongside him walked off talking with Somer. Kyle may have had his suspicions about what may have happened to her - and the perp could be someone close to Kyle. Kyle interjects himself into the case by in his own way giving everyone this "clue" . LE follows up and realizes that Kyle may not have witnessed Somer's death per se, but may be able to be wired and then get info from the real perp... So maybe Kyle is innocent, but feels like he may know who did it. Tells LE. LE doesn't want the real perp to think that Kyle is helping LE b/c then Kyle could be in danger. So they keep quiet to the media, but are really deeply investigating associate of Kyle and using Kyle to get more info. LE needs more evidence to make an arrest of whoever this person is.
I think the Reporter who originally talked to Kyle has been told to Shut up by LE and maybe even has some kind of gag order to do so. This keeps people (non LE) from talking to Kyle which my accidently screw up his informant-ness to the police.
I just think that if Kyle isn't involved directly, that he KNOWS who is - and LE is now using Kyle to get maybe a confession over a wire or something.
Of course MOO.

Interesting. If she did know the manner of death but was not allowed to view Somer...I know that her first statement (at the vigil) she was emotional and said she wouldn't be able to see Somer but would get a lock of her hair.
That is pretty specific. I think she mentioned the lock of hair was mentioned in articles, and there may be other interviews when she mentions it, I can't remember.

What I am thinking of here was the last TV interview when she had the attorney with her. She looked like a totally different person. She was extremely subdued. At that interview, anchor asked her if she knew any more and she said, "No, nothing". That interview set off the hink meter for me because in the intro, anchor introduced attorney as a "LINK BETWEEN DT AND LE" and I thought, "why does she need a link?"

Then after DT said "no, nothing" the attorney JUMPED in and gave a long speech about what a good job LE was doing and how they were waiting for evidence, etc...how these things can take a long time if I remember correctly.
I tuned him completely out. I can recognize a "show time" moment when I see it. During his entire monologue, DT had her eyes fixed on him and she appeared to be very, very cautious, no more remarks about "comin to get ya" and no emotions, none of the previous natural behaviors. I'm going to have to stick with my theory that she was not allowed to see Somer or to learn the manner of death because of LE's ongoing investigation.

Interesting. If she did know the manner of death but was not allowed to view Somer...I know that her first statement (at the vigil) she was emotional and said she wouldn't be able to see Somer but would get a lock of her hair.
That is pretty specific. I think she mentioned the lock of hair was mentioned in articles, and there may be other interviews when she mentions it, I can't remember.

What I am thinking of here was the last TV interview when she had the attorney with her. She looked like a totally different person. She was extremely subdued. At that interview, anchor asked her if she knew any more and she said, "No, nothing". That interview set off the hink meter for me because in the intro, anchor introduced attorney as a "LINK BETWEEN DT AND LE" and I thought, "why does she need a link?"

Then after DT said "no, nothing" the attorney JUMPED in and gave a long speech about what a good job LE was doing and how they were waiting for evidence, etc...how these things can take a long time if I remember correctly.
I tuned him completely out. I can recognize a "show time" moment when I see it. During his entire monologue, DT had her eyes fixed on him and she appeared to be very, very cautious, no more remarks about "comin to get ya" and no emotions, none of the previous natural behaviors. I'm going to have to stick with my theory that she was not allowed to see Somer or to learn the manner of death because of LE's ongoing investigation.

The Gano house dumpster could NOT have been the dumpster, I really feel, because that dumpster was full, if you look at any of the clips of LE searching through the dumpster. Plus construction dumpsters are taken by a company that you call, not garbage haulers.

I don't remember anything about a tip and the Gano house. Does anyone have it anywhere?

There was Kyle, who a reporter called, that said that he was at Gano working and Somer came up and talked to him. He said that LE told him that he was the last known person to have seen her alive.

But that's all I have read about except for the search there. and the RSO brother of the owner of the construction company.

Help! Help! The dumpster was full...are you saying that the dumpster was not emptied and taken to the landfill on Tuesday (pick up day)? That's what I thought way back when, Tuesday was garbage pick up day. They would have emptied all of the dumpsters...unless it is a different company that empties that dumpster on a different day?

I don't know if I believe in Kyle any more than the tooth fairy. I'm going on reports that the last person to have seen her alive was this Kyle. Other reports say she was last seen on the corner, or around the house, etc. It's a general vicinity to me. We know that nobody grabbed her out on the sidewalk and killed her in plain sight. It had to have been off somewhere where they wouldn't be seen. That's all I know.

Sorry I cut off the end of your quote....

Good Grief. Has it not occured to you that maybe there is a reason that DT and "the family" has not been cleared?

It does seem telling, doesn't it?

I can't imagine any other reason for not clearing them.. Doesn't LE always say the family is not suspect if they aren't?

Thanks for your reply. After all of this time - and trying to remain objective - I am coming up once and for all to the conclusion that whoever did it - DT has a suspicion or knows. But I do not think she did it, or even had a hand in it. I don't think she ever expected something like this could happen (especially in her neighborhood in broad daylight), but it did, and there is no way out of it now.

Her little daughter is dead (what price this paid, I don't know). It's a fact. What are her choices now? If she knew who did it, and told LE, her whole life would be destroyed, she would probably lose her children, likely be jailed for child endangerment or being complicit in a cover-up, the media would have a field day and she'd be forever put along side the Susan Smiths and Casey Anthonys. Her childrens' lives would be ruined. The community who supported her would have lost all that money for nothing.

She can't reverse what happened. She has to live with it. But I think she knew and knows there was never a child predator on the loose, and that the community is not in danger. And I think LE knows that too.

I could be totally mistaken. In fact, I hope I am!

I do have to agree with you when you say that DT has a suspicion as to who did it. what make's me think this is all drug related is due to her history, the friend's and crowd she hang's around with. remember she made the comment about she just knew something was wrong this time? that is why she was in such a hurry to get home. i honestly believe that someone in that house may have infact owed someone money for drug's.. drug dealer's do not play around when it come's to their money. and you are right when you say that there is no way she is about to come forward with any info due to the fact that not only will she lose her other children but there will be a community that will be so outraged at what has happened. there is also no doubt in my mind that LE does infact know that she is somehow involved, whether it was by the hand's of DT or by the hand's of someone she is involved with. i know a lot of people on here want to believe that she was not involved and i can understand them feeling that way,, because if a mother is infact involved with the DEATH of her own child, that to me is worse then any predator in my book, because a mother is supposed to protect her children. a predator has no boundries and does not care who he hurt's. as far as some of the posters thinking that LE is on her side, i think LE is doing everything in their power to make DT think that they do not suspect her at all, when infact i think she is their #1 suspect right now. i have watched every taping of her atleast 100 time's over just looking for anything to change my mind and i can not find not one thing, infact the more i watch the tapes the more i learn about her and her personality, she is all about herself and no one else. i also think that LE has made a lot of mistakes in this case and that is also what is taking so long as to prove who did this. there have been so many cover up's on their part that it make's me cringe. i think the sheriff is under a tremendous amount of stress right now trying to figure out how he is going to prove that she was somehow involved.
DT talks about all the broken pieces of glass, for some reason i can't get that out of my head, was she shoved through a window? there have been so many thing's that she has said that IMO have been really down right stupid. every time i find myself watching her on video it's like she is giving clues as to what actually happened and i don't think she even realizes it. do i want this mother to be guilty? NO. do i think she is gulity? YES. the only thing i can come up with on somer paying the price for DT mistakes would be someone's way of getting back at DT. and what better way to get back at someone then to hurt or murder their child??

First Question: It was stated by a poster who is a friend of the mother of one of DT's friends who said that S. was found in a blue container. So this was not a baseless rumor at a water fountain but a rumor that could be traced quickly back to DT, I would think. But, it may have had other parties in between.

Second Question: I feel very sure she knows the cause of death, considering she is my #1 suspect. Therefore I would expect her to say this, considering that there is nothing coming from LE.

But WHY would she lie. If she knew the manner of death, however gruesome it might be, this would certainly ADD to her coming out to get the it who did it, warning parents, etc. IF she knew, she could have just said, "Yes, I know how she died, (emotional) but LE is not releasing the information." This would even "clear" her as a suspect in the public eye, wouldn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member