FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
An article? says that kyle said Somer talked to them?Did this article say 3 man Crew?Who were they?

The article and video both talk about Kyle and workers, I believe. I think that you should look for them yourself and decide if they have any bearing or truth on this case.

Me too, but not several times when speaking. Not the same way every single time. Not crying one minute and speaking calmly the next second. Never. Physically impossible.

I take that back. Good actresses, when they truly inhabit a character, can manufacture tears for scenes. That's training.

I disagree. You state this as fact, I don't see this as a fact.

I respectfully disagree! The mother's true emotional state has everything to do with Somer. IMO

Well,we disagree.That's ok.I did believe her pain and my prayers are with her and her family.

The article and video both talk about Kyle and workers, I believe. I think that you should look for them yourself and decide if they have any bearing or truth on this case.

I've seen these awhile back.I was wondering if any one found out who the crew members were and if there was 3 crew members.I do feel they are suspects.I use to have all this on my computer and my computer died.I lost everything.So I don't remember where anything is now.This is why I hope Somer does get her own a sub forum.So we will know exactly where to go to find things.so if any one has the links please post them for us ok?

Somer did run off as was documented by Chicken Pants. Believe it or not.

At any rate, let us learn from this. Children need after school care. They do stupid things because why? Because they are children.

I wonder who watched the children all summer?

From the report , it was said that the older boy walked with the children. How can that be when he got out of school much later?

The report was made last year. I'm assuming he attended school with them last year, and moved up to junior high this year. Seems to fit with his age, but I don't know.

I've seen these awhile back.I was wondering if any one found out who the crew members were and if there was 3 crew members.I do feel they are suspects.I use to have all this on my computer and my computer died.I lost everything.So I don't remember where anything is now.This is why I hope Somer does get her own a sub forum.So we will know exactly where to go to find things.so if any one has the links please post them for us ok?

Suzanne, I don't remember ever hearing exactly who was working at the house that day except for Kyle. One article might have mentioned one of the companies partners was working that day but I think it was a poorly worded article like so many in this case have been.

This is taken from an article on the physiological phenomenon of crying: For Dr. F.

Most non-pathological adult crying is a response to emotional upset or the memory of such upsets. Tears well up in specific situations and in specific interpersonal relationships (loss, conflict, reunions, marriages, deaths). Crying may occur when one feels overwhelmed and powerless. Situations and relationships modify a person’s propensity for crying versus weeping (a largely concealed cry). Social factors such as culture, gender, age, socialization, as much as personality shape the expression of crying. The crying threshold differs in individuals according to physical factors (fatigue, menstruation, pregnancy) and mental ones (frustration, anger, sadness). Adult tears may elicit frustration, anger, or an empathic response in other people. Adult crying may serve also to provoke an emotional response in others (perhaps in a manipulative way), or it may function in such a way whereby the crier is able to avoid confrontation or a tense social situation.

Fake Criers pretend to cry by employing these universal human semiotics:

Hiding their eyes behind their hands
Sniffling without having any snot to curry back into the sinuses
Dropping the head
Sobbing sounds
Whimpering response cries
Poking knuckles into eyes to foment the "look" of crying

THIS IS FROM THE NATIONAL FUNERAL DIRECTORS ASSOCIATION. FYI

Will I ever stop crying?

Even though it may be difficult to believe, the tears will come to an end. This will not happen abruptly but gradually, and even after the intense crying ceases, there may be times when hearing a favorite song or seeing a favored place will bring a moment of sadness along with a tear. Keep in mind that crying is healthy because it is an emotional and physical release. Writing centuries earlier, Shakespeare had it right: "To weep is to make less the depth of grief."

When is mourning finished?

Mourning is successfully completed when the "tasks" of grief are completed. In his book, Grief Counseling and Grief Therapy, J. William Worden, Ph.D., identifies the four "tasks" of grieving:

To accept the reality of the loss;

To experience the pain of the grief;

To adjust to an environment in which the deceased is missing;

To withdraw emotional energy and reinvest it in another relationship.
For those who seek a clear sign that their grieving is coming to completion, Dr. Worden offers this insight: "One benchmark of a completed grief reaction is when the person is able to think of the deceased without pain. There is always a sense of sadness when you think of someone that you have loved and lost, but it is a different kind of sadness — it lacks the wrenching quality it previously had. One can think of the deceased without physical manifestations such as intense crying or feeling a tightness in the chest. Also, mourning is finished when a person can reinvest his or her emotions back into life and in the living."

The owner of the company made a statement that they would often go into the house and find empty beer cans and stuff. I never bought into that story because the house was far enough along that it would be locked up.

Chicken pants here is a perfect example where two logical thinking people can see two events in an a different way.

You say "I have tried for three months to disbelieve what is right in front of my eyes."

I say you have searched high and low for any article, idea or fact on the internet for 3 months to prove that DT is guilty of something.See I really think we can see the same thing in a different way.

BBM: No, that is untrue. I don't need to prove DT is guilty of anything. DT herself said she feels guilty and not guilty. I am interested in what happened on October 19 and what led up to it. Period.

This is taken from an article on the physiological phenomenon of crying: For Dr. F.

Most non-pathological adult crying is a response to emotional upset or the memory of such upsets. Tears well up in specific situations and in specific interpersonal relationships (loss, conflict, reunions, marriages, deaths). Crying may occur when one feels overwhelmed and powerless. Situations and relationships modify a person’s propensity for crying versus weeping (a largely concealed cry). Social factors such as culture, gender, age, socialization, as much as personality shape the expression of crying. The crying threshold differs in individuals according to physical factors (fatigue, menstruation, pregnancy) and mental ones (frustration, anger, sadness). Adult tears may elicit frustration, anger, or an empathic response in other people. Adult crying may serve also to provoke an emotional response in others (perhaps in a manipulative way), or it may function in such a way whereby the crier is able to avoid confrontation or a tense social situation.

Dropping the head
Sobbing sounds

THIS IS FROM THE NATIONAL FUNERAL DIRECTORS ASSOCIATION. FYI

Will I ever stop crying?

Even though it may be difficult to believe, the tears will come to an end. This will not happen abruptly but gradually, and even after the intense crying ceases, there may be times when hearing a favorite song or seeing a favored place will bring a moment of sadness along with a tear. Keep in mind that crying is healthy because it is an emotional and physical release. Writing centuries earlier, Shakespeare had it right: "To weep is to make less the depth of grief."

When is mourning finished?

Mourning is successfully completed when the "tasks" of grief are completed. In his book, Grief Counseling and Grief Therapy, J. William Worden, Ph.D., identifies the four "tasks" of grieving:

To accept the reality of the loss;

To experience the pain of the grief;

To adjust to an environment in which the deceased is missing;

To withdraw emotional energy and reinvest it in another relationship.
For those who seek a clear sign that their grieving is coming to completion, Dr. Worden offers this insight: "One benchmark of a completed grief reaction is when the person is able to think of the deceased without pain. There is always a sense of sadness when you think of someone that you have loved and lost, but it is a different kind of sadness — it lacks the wrenching quality it previously had. One can think of the deceased without physical manifestations such as intense crying or feeling a tightness in the chest. Also, mourning is finished when a person can reinvest his or her emotions back into life and in the living."

THIS IS FROM THE NATIONAL FUNERAL DIRECTORS ASSOCIATION

I take anything they have to say with a grain of salt. Why would they be writing on this? Some way of sucking more money out of the grieving?

Dropping the head
Sobbing sounds

Real criers do the same things, you can't make blanket statements about all people like that. There is no science involved at all.

Grief support for parents when dealing with the death of a child
As a parent, we all feel like we are supposed to be perfect, acting as providers, protectors and in control in all situations. When a parent loses a child, many times we can feel like a failure, as if we could have controlled the situation. This is just not true. No one can see the future and no one can plan for absolutely everything. Grief support for parents
When a child dies, parents begin the long process of bereavement. Many times, parents who have lost a child may experience denial, numbness and shock. As these emotions wear off, guilt, anger, despair and sadness usually set in. All of these feelings are part of what is known as grief. Unfortunately, many times this grief may become overwhelming. In an effort to help, we have put the following information together, gathering input from various sources.
The Various Aspects of Grief
Emotional aspects of grief may go through many stages, levels and phases. One moment the parent may be feeling almost back to normal and the next moment feel deep levels of anguish and pain. These swings in emotion may last months or years. Be patient with yourself and allow yourself time. And understand, you and your spouse most likely may have different timelines in how the bereaving process will occur and how long it will last. Try to understand you are both suffering and be tolerant as to how the other may approach or handle their situation.

Some of the common emotions experienced by bereaved parents include but are not limited to the following:
Guilt. Guilt, whether real or imagined, is normal. The feeling that if only something had been different, the child might have lived, is common. By learning to express and share this feeling with other bereaved parents, eventually you may forgive yourself, understanding that no one can foresee the future.
Despair. Despair and loneliness are common. Even when you are with a group of people, you may feel alone. Few people can understand how deeply a bereaved parent hurts unless they have been there.
Anger. Anger often emerges, sometimes aimed at a person imagined to have caused the death, at others who cannot understand your feelings, at God, even at the very child who died.

http://www.thehealingplaceinfo.org/grief_support_parents.html

Can anybody provide a link to a professional who has said DTs reactions or body language shows that she is lieing?

I ask this because I have seen such articles and interviews were professionals have studied and questioned parents in this situation before. It happened in the Caylee case, the Haleigh case, the Shaniya case, and several others.

I've seen this done on DT by posters here but I've never seen a professional make comments on it.

Can anybody provide a link to a professional who has said DTs reactions or body language shows that she is lieing?

I ask this because I have seen such articles and interviews were professionals have studied and questioned parents in this situation before. It happened in the Caylee case, the Haleigh case, the Shaniya case, and several others.

I've seen this done on DT by posters here but I've never seen a professional make comments on it.

I have seen no professional say she has lied.

Eyes for Lies

When I watch this video of Diena Thompson, Diena's behavior is instantly sending off alarms in my head. The entire video makes me cringe, personally. Diena is trying to act all sad and distressed, but none of it feels genuine to me.

Diena says, "I did her hair in the morning, uh, I put it up in a ponytail (gasp)."

Notice how Diena shrugs her shoulder? It's indicative of doubt. Also, her sobbing is unnatural to me. When people truly cry, they only gasp for air because they are crying so hard they can't breath, but Diena makes these little "cry gasps" all the time, yet she isn't crying hard enough to be winded. She isn't even crying tears, so why is she making these noises? Her cheeks are dry. That's three red flags in ten to twenty seconds of Diena speaking.

Edited website address: To read more if you are interested, you have to google "Eyes for Lies".

Link won't work. Can you just give the professionals name and l will look it up?

The *******'s tell me this is not a WS approved site.

Are you sure it's written by a professional

ok now that I see it worked....

the avatar is for the State of Florida, DFS, CPS, and all who failed this SOMER THOMPSON

the signature is because I hate frogs....really...their disgusting
(so don't take offense eyes)

and the first line also applies to the folks listed in the avatar explanation.

The *******'s tell me this is not a WS approved site.

Are you sure it's written by a professional

I have no idea if this person has any kind of degree, but seems he/she may do it professionally as there were numerous links to other cases they have done. You're right on the link, WS does not seem to like blog addresses, you could do a web search for "Eyes for Lies", that is what I did as I have read them on other cases.

good lord, am I one of a handful not banned?

this board has dwindled to nothing....

seriously im hearing crickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads