FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG... Someone please find out what restaurant in Fleming Island.

I want to know if it is anywhere near the office complex/dumpster that I was talking about earlier in this thread.

I'd love to stay to catch up and post, but dinner is almost done. I just wanted to check in real quick and see if there was anything new.

I'll try to come back later this evening...

http://jacksonville.com/community/c...r_thompson_slaying_had_a_temper_former_manage

Jarred Mitchell Harrell enjoyed working in child-friendly environments, though he had trouble keeping a job, said Rod and Lisa Buchanan, a Middleburg couple who are friends with Harrell and his family.

Harrell, named Thursday as a person of interest in the Somer Thompson slaying, lost one of those jobs at a Clay County eatery last summer because he had an uncontrollable temper, said a manager at the business.

Corey Secrest, a manager at Beauty and the Beef in Fleming Island, said Harrell worked as a cook for about 2 1/2 months last summer. He said he had a reputation for being a hard worker, but he got fired for "flipping out" on-duty. Secrest said he never witnessed the episodes, but he said the owner told him Harrell's temper cost him his job.

I'll say it again...Beseler can comment all he wants but if these questions persist there needs to be a thorough investigation into the matter.

You don't think there won't be?! I 'spect the Sheriff and several detectives are now very worried about their jobs. Even if what he said is true, I don't know how on earth he will ever be re-elected. He'll need to pull more than a rabbit out of his out, imo.

news4jax 6:30 pm broadcast:

LMazzeo is reporting from O.P. Showing segment from JBauer in Mississippi. [gosh, I cannot keep these Jen's straight and I do apologize.]

Rod Buchxxxx say he is family friend. His daughter & her fiancee were the roommates who turned to computer over to LE in August. "The booking photo does not reflect the person I saw in my house."

Now neighbors seem to backing even further away from their comments at noon. I think she said some neighbors are telling her he was a very gentle person. (sorry, just writing what I'm hearing.)

I'm lost what does "last long in or comment 1-2-10???? mean?

I think it's just a typo; s/b "Last Log In or Comment". << just a guess

[Don't know significance of that date, though.]

BEAUTY & THE BEEF is the restaurant. Fired for losing his temper. I think they said Sept.

Just popping in again real quick to see if anyone found the restaurant and I thank you so much for posting it.

I know where it is and what's a sick thought is that it is right next door to a children's hair salon... Cookie Cutters. He was probably watching kids go in and out of there the whole time. Ugh.

Also, without mapping it... That place is about 3 or 4 miles up the road from the office complex/dumpster that I was talking about earlier in this thread. Basically a straight shot down Hwy 17 between the two locations.

I'm lost what does "last long in or comment 1-2-10???? mean?

oops it was an answer to the above post.......I meant to say last log in
was Jan 20,2010

Bad spelling and my keys are sticking

More employment info from jacksonville.com article:

Queen City Recycling in Meridian at the time of his arrest - an operations manager for the company that owns Queen City Recycling said he never worked there.

Worked for at least a brief period n the food court of the Orange Park Mall.

COJ IT job - He got rejected for an information technology job with the City of Jacksonville in 2006. Someone more qualified was hired. (lol, I'll bet!)

Harrell's resume submitted for the city job shows that he worked jobs as a

thrift store floor salesman,
a pizza deliveryman
a cashier

in Mississippi between 2001 and 2005.

[btw - you can write on your myspace that you have a Phd in Economics or are employed as the Prime Minister of Canada if you want to. I'm def NOT beating up on cajgirl's find.]

Can someone please pm me who JD is and SC please. Thanks
~laura

I dunno who SC is, but the other one has a last name kinda like the name of Jon Stewart's show on Comedy Central. It's on every day, btw.

;)

It is unusual that those myspace pages are completely gone. Most of the time they end up private but not all together gone!

Something in my gut is telling me this man is the fall guy. I don't see any evidence linking him to Somer. No witnesses, no DNA, no anything. The computer was in the hands of his roommates. Who leaves a computer behind?? Does that even make sense? If there was enough evidence to arrest him on child *advertiser censored*, they would have done it before. Until DNA comes in that proves he raped Somer etc, I won't be convinced.

http://wokv.com/localnews/2010/02/attorney-generals-office-no-in.html

Something in my gut is telling me this man is the fall guy. I don't see any evidence linking him to Somer. No witnesses, no DNA, no anything. The computer was in the hands of his roommates. Who leaves a computer behind?? Does that even make sense? If there was enough evidence to arrest him on child *advertiser censored*, they would have done it before. Until DNA comes in that proves he raped Somer etc, I won't be convinced.

I hear what you are saying and though we shouldn't, its hard not to jump to conclusions, we all want the IT responsible caught.

But we do not know what evidence they have yet. If there was no prior sexual offenses on this guy, there was no DNA to match on the first place. There was a similar case here, and when they suspected the perp and he refused to give DNA, they watched him, and got his DNA off a pop can he threw away. I believe they have been watching this guy for atleast the last few weeks. They say they just got a bunch of tests back from the lab. they could have matched him. don't know why he was not arrested on the child *advertiser censored*, but there is a multitude of reasons ie. they didnt have enough to prove he was the one who downloaded it, etc. But he is charged with that now and he is going nowhere. I guess we have to keep waiting till he gets transfered back to FL before we hear anything formal.

My response to this would be why?
Why would LE use him as a fall guy?
Why would they direct attention to the fact they let a guy who had a ton of child *advertiser censored* on his computer walk the streets for months, and even move out of sate without arresting him?
Also, they knew the records would come out that they knew about him in August.
Seems to me they would rather not use this guy as a fall guy at all. They would most likely wish we never knew his name.
But, IMO they have something on him.

I just don't see them naming him a POI in such a high profile case if they did not think he had something to do with it.

I also think the DNA (petri dish) tests they were waiting for came back recently and they know it will match JH.

JMO

My response to this would be why?
Why would LE use him as a fall guy?
Why would they direct attention to the fact they let a guy who had a ton of child *advertiser censored* on his computer walk the streets for months, and even move out of sate without arresting him?
Also, they knew the records would come out that they knew about him in August.
Seems to me they would rather not use this guy as a fall guy at all. They would most likely wish we never knew his name.
But, IMO they have something on him.

I just don't see them naming him a POI in such a high profile case if they did not think he had something to do with it.

I also think the DNA (petri dish) tests they were waiting for came back recently and they know it will match JH.

JMO

If they know it will match, that scares me even more. The only ones who know are those who frame.

There was a case in Texas where they said that this old man's underwear had excelerant and it turned out they were never tested. The man's niece served 10 years for his killing which was framed. I think JH is a convenient fall guy especially if he was into child *advertiser censored*.

Why not wait for the DNA before saying he's a POI? One day or two won't change anything. This is so weird. They are blowing this case. It's very prejudicial.

If they know it will match, that scares me even more. The only ones who know are those who frame.

There was a case in Texas where they said that this old man's underwear had excelerant and it turned out they were never tested. The man's niece served 10 years for his killing which was framed. I think JH is a convenient fall guy especially if he was into child *advertiser censored*.

What I meant was I think they have other evidence on him and have been watching him. When the DNA evidence came back, they had to get his DNA right? So why not arrest on child *advertiser censored* charges, get his DNA and it's pretty much a slam dunk from there.

I'm not saying no one has ever been framed, but I just don't see it here.

IMO LE has been very quiet lately and has even expressed wishes of not clueing the perp into what they are doing.

IMO they knew who he was.

I don't think there is any big conspiracy going on to make him the fall guy. They could have a DNA match already, and other evidence. Team Somer looked like a bunch of hard working dedicated people, they were working for Somer they said. I don't think they would try to pin it on him just for the sake of arresting someone.

I don't think there is any big conspiracy going on to make him the fall guy. They could have a DNA match already, and other evidence. Team Somer looked like a bunch of hard working dedicated people, they were working for Somer they said. I don't think they would try to pin it on him just for the sake of arresting someone.

I hope you are right. But if they did, they wouldn't be the first to do so.

I believe the aunt (KM) is JH's mother's sister or possibly niece (but I think sister). KM is AD's friend on FB. AD is his mom.

Thank you for asking Jennifer to look into the article. I do realize it's quite possibly a complete sham. But there are a few things that are very real - the photo in the article, for one. AM (the mother in the article) looks like AD (JH's mom). The girl in the photo behind her looks like AD's daughter (SC - she's a friend of AD's on FB) - blonde hair and all. And the guy that both mother and 8-year-old daughter (ack!) supposedly married - JN - is still shouting from the rooftops how God made him do this or that (just google him, he's out there).

So there are some elements of the story that are true, IMO... Or maybe all got a few bucks to play along... who knows!

I think you're right about KM being AMD's sister. That's the only thing that makes sense.

I also agree that there are elements to the story that are true. I feel this way because if JH was exposed to deviant behavior throughout his life such as what was in the article, he's likely to become a deviant himself.

JMO, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member