FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD is from Lucedale, MS. She went to George County HS.

I am 99.9% certain that she is JH's mother.

She is the wife of GLD, owner of the Gano home. It has been reported by news organizations that GLD is JH's step-father.

Her affiliation to amateur radio and her call letters are the same as that of GLD.

Her daughter SC is JH's brother. SC is the owner of the address that JH used when he got several traffic violations.

There are absolutely NO online records from George County, MS so I cannot find Birth/Marriage/Death records. The county itself does not even have a website.

If the story about the alleged perp's mother is true, it would appear that child sex abuse may be an actiivity that is accepted.

That guy she "married" in the article, is an inventor and he has crazy stuff on the net. He really has an ego like one cannot believe.

I think that there is going to be waaaaay more to this story when it all comes out.

Seems these people have no freakin boundaries. None.

Talk about delusions of granduer... and leave God outa this He's nowhere in this!!

:parrot:

I believe the aunt (KM) is JH's mother's sister or possibly niece (but I think sister). KM is AD's friend on FB. AD is his mom.

Thank you for asking Jennifer to look into the article. I do realize it's quite possibly a complete sham. But there are a few things that are very real - the photo in the article, for one. AM (the mother in the article) looks like AD (JH's mom). The girl in the photo behind her looks like AD's daughter (SC - she's a friend of AD's on FB) - blonde hair and all. And the guy that both mother and 8-year-old daughter (ack!) supposedly married - JN - is still shouting from the rooftops how God made him do this or that (just google him, he's out there).

So there are some elements of the story that are true, IMO... Or maybe all got a few bucks to play along... who knows!

He does have quite an ego, doesn't he? WOW! Too bad there's no law against crazy! LOL.

re: Eliza's found WW article

Has anybody run across former step-bro Gyromas? [Hope to heck his mother changed his name, FGS.]

It is so hard for me to imagine that people like this really exist in the world - much less so close to home, but I reckon they do. Someday, when the news is slow, read about the guy named Priest and his Magic Box. Should be on jacksonville.com or the jax business journal. He lived right here in Palatka and ripped off some bigshots for $$millions. (lol - then moved to Ponte Vedra, so he did have some sense.) At least he was just in it for the $$$, not trying to be "God's Messenger." barfola & curses

Wonder whatever happened to the step-father? Hope he's in prison or dead.

How far from Meridian is Lucedale?

[Sorry, I can look this stuff up myself, but JIC somebody else has already done it. tia]

I live roughly 2 hours from Meridian, I think, and Lucedale is about 45 mins from me. I'm thinking it's about an hour away? I can't be 100%, but I remember this because I almost took a job there.

eta: my mom, beach2yall, used to travel to Meridian quite often. Her fiancee's parents lived there. She should be around this thread shortly. She will know the approximate time better than I do:)

hth

since he can't go before the judge until Tuesday does that mean FL has to wait it out to charge him (if they were going to charge him)?

I find it a little odd that JH is not a friend on any of these FB pages. I wonder if LE had his page taken down when they arrested him.

Yeah, a definate A+ for Eliza, but there are a couple of posters at news4jax that think I'm nuts for bringing up WWN when I asked Jennifer Bauer to check out AMD since she is talking to locals.

I really don't believe rags like that one, but if there is any truth to that article, AMD is just as sick as JH is and these people seem to be missing that point.

Sheesh.

Good for you, I would have done the same.

Sure, it's a rag, but that doesn't mean it isn't a true story. It's not like they said she had an alien baby. Stranger things have happened than an (alleged) pedophile trying to "marry" an 8-year-old girl (sadly). Because Lucedale is so close to Meridian, and because (in my opinion) the facebook photo looks just like the woman in the WWN article, I'd start asking locals around Lucedale. I really don't think it sounds that far fetched that they would pick up a true story once in a while. As they say...you can't make this stuff up :rolleyes:

I think Eliza hit the nail on the head with that one. Wouldn't shock me at all.

Also, I don't know if it helps, but I know some people in South MS (about an hour away from Lucedale, which is mentioned in the article) with the same surname as the woman in the WWN article, but the last name is usually spelled without the "e" on the end. Don't know if the WWN just misprinted, or if it's just a different surname. I'm sorry this is vague, but I don't want to cross any lines here;) Thought it might help in searches.

Better source on mom story than the wwn?
http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we...page=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePMPublished on March 14, 1989, The Advocate (Baton Rouge, La.)
State takes girl from inventor's home

LUCEDALE, Miss. -- An 8-year-old girl taken from the home of a Lucedale inventor who claims to have married the child has been placed in the temporary custody of the state Department of Public Welfare. Chancery Judge Glenn Barlow, serving as George County Youth Court judge, held after a 2 1/2-hour hearing Monday that there was probable cause the child had been neglected and abused. The girl was taken last week from the home of 52-year-old inventor Joseph Newman after he announced the

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94334"]Found Deceased FL- Somer Renee Thompson, Orange Park, Thread #36 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Important message to all posters
The other mods and I have had to finally make the decision that there is to be no discussion of whether Somer's parents were good parents or bad parents. Period.

The discussion here periodically circles back to that topic and all hell breaks loose. You guys have beating a dead horse down to a science.

We are not going to give any warnings about this: you post about it and you will be given an automatic timeout.

The parents are not the issue and we want to keep the discussion on track.

Do us a favor: if someone posts about DT/ST good parent/bad parent, please do not respond to the post. Hit the alert button and we will handle it asap.

Thanks to all of you for caring so much about Somer,

Hoppy
mod

ETA: If anyone wants to bump, link, or copy this post of mine when the good parent/bad parent posts pop up, please do!

Gen. H. Norman Schwarzkopf: I believe that forgiving them is God's function. Our job is simply to arrange the meeting.

In the meantime, officials knew where he was and they were just playing a waiting game to get enough evidence back to make the connection. It does take some time to put together a solid case and we know they don't want to mess this investigation up.

Something was going on.

Leaving Somer Thompson case aside...

(1) Police knew way back in August 9th that the guy who lived at XXXX Wells Rd had horrible child *advertiser censored* in his computer.

(2) The guy moved to XXXX Gano Ave. and lived there from August to December.

(3) The arrest warrant was issued August 10th.

(4) Why wasn't he arrested before February 11th?

Why now?

Dr. Fessel,
I remember your post a long time back on the probable description of the perp. And... you were only 4 years off on his age ; you said about 29 years old, and he's what, 25 ? But, if I remember right, everything else was spot on. Brilliant ......

Governor Charlie Crist was so eager to inject himself into the press conference when Somer's body was found and get his face out there. But will he step up when it really matters? If Harrell is charged with Somer's murder then the Governor has to ensure an investigation into why Harrell wasn't arrested in August happens. If Somer's death was that preventable then heads need to roll and procedures need to change. I hope Charlie understands what's at stake, he is an ex-Attorney General.

WOW what big news. I hope to high heaven this is the person and they can put this case to rest.

I haven't read but a few of the last pages - has anyone else run his home address (Rolling River) on his arrest warrant? It goes to a baby clothing/furniture store, gee whiz:
http://www.middleburgcivicassociation.com/

So, in the article about "marrying" the mother (name of Harrell) and the young girl....if it is from 1989 and there was also a 3 year old boy removed from that home....is that the same person who is now the POI?

(Sorry, I can't keep up with all the info. My son just turned 16 and seems to think that internet car shopping is my more important task for the past few days!)

jmoo

WOW what big news. I hope to high heaven this is the person and they can put this case to rest.

I haven't read but a few of the last pages - has anyone else run his home address (Rolling River) on his arrest warrant? It goes to a baby clothing/furniture store, gee whiz:
http://www.middleburgcivicassociation.com/

Not sure, but I think that shop is now closed. It was connected to sister of JH, I believe.

:clap: and praise God! I hope this is finally closure for Somer's family. What exactly do we know about this ? I remember apartments we were looking at back in the beginning of this case, is that the apartments he lived in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot