FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep wondering why they are raking and digging in both yards on Gano that they have searched. It must have been something they found in the dump with her. Maybe she could have been put in one of those brown heavy paper leaf bags with rakings.

BBM

The initials do get confusing, but according to this article, her initials are AMH.

Interesting.

It think the mom is on her fourth marriage. Her maiden name begins with M (AM)
-then she married JH's dad and was (AMH)
-then she and her daughter married Mr. Engery Machine Newman (AMN)
-then she married someone with the last name W (AMW)
-then she married G Dxxxxx and is currently(AMD)

What crossing guard was it that did not see Somer that day?

In fact, Harrell is a family friend of the Buchanans. Last August, Harrell was looking for a place to stay and Buchanan's daughter and her fiancé took him in at their apartment on Wells Road.

That lasted a couple of months, and when Harrell moved out, Buchanan's daughter found child *advertiser censored* on Harrell's computer.

"They went up and turned the computer on and saw things that no one should have to see," Buchanan said. "They found it at like 12 in the morning. We were at (the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office), when my wife got off of work at 7 a.m., we were at JSO around 8:30 that morning with the computer. So it was turned in right away.

Is this just a typo on the month he moved in? Says he moved in August, that lasted a couple months, he moved out and the roommates found the *advertiser censored*. That would make him be moving out in October, which contradicts the rest of this article.

It think the mom is on her fourth marriage. Her maiden name begins with M (AM)
-then she married JH's dad and was (AMH)
-then she and her daughter married Mr. Engery Machine Newman (AMN)
-then she married someone with the last name W (AMW)
-then she married G Dxxxxx and is currently(AMD)

That's a lot of initials to keep up with and it makes you wonder why she was divorced so many times.

I wonder if he kept her pink tote and lunch bag that have never been found???? I remember it wasn't mentioned early in the investigation but the police released pictures/sketches of them in November.

What crossing guard was it that did not see Somer that day?

One of three crossing guards Somer Thompson should have passed on her walk home from school Monday afternoon didn't see the young girl walk by the day she disappeared.

The Orange Park police officer who oversees the crossing guards says the first two, who were closest to the school, aren't sure if they saw Somer.

The first crossing station is just steps away from Grove Park Elementary, at Miller Street and West Gano Avenue. The second is about a half-mile down West Gano. At the third stop, another 2/10-mile down Gano, the crossing guard "is confident she didn't see Somer."

None of the crossing guards would talk on camera. We tracked Somer's routine walk home from school and it's exactly one mile.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=146988&provider=top

are you talking about the link provided? I am confused..

Yes, sorry if it's confusing - the address Jarred H was listed as living at on his arrest report, is the same "Rolling River Blvd" one listed on the site I linked for the business of a Stephanie C. I assume that's his sister? What squicked me out is that it's a store for baby things. Don't know if it's still her business but it seemed of interest.

A couple more things - as for his former stepdad being concerned enough to break into his son's lockbox, find child *advertiser censored* in it and then not just keep silent but put it all back? Reprehensible, unbelievable, and unforgivable.

And as for his roommates finding *advertiser censored* on his computer & CDs, I wonder if the "chain of custody" (so to speak) being broken will matter. The fact it was not in his possession anymore could have made it difficult to pursue him without a lot of work and time. His defense could try to argue it was "planted" after he left but I reckon the police can prove the dates it was put there.

IMHO they've been watching him and he's the one they obliquely referred to as being on their radar.

If she made it across Grove Park Dr. she would have walked right in front of this 's house http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...=30.171,-81.718358&spn=0.004257,0.009474&z=17
It would have been the second house from the corner of Grove Park. That crossing guard would have had to have seen her cross Grove park.

Maybe Somer went and talked to kyle and his crew,walked around back and stayed there and left the renovated house on Gano after the crossing guards left or went somewhere else untill the crossing guards left.that's why they did not see her.then walked on near 1152 Gano and attacked there or she went to Gano and debarry where the dogs lost her scent.He could have offered her a ride or she walked back with him to his house.I don't know.It's very confusing.

http://www.news4jax.com/video/22548251/index.html

They are going to be looking into any of the children he had contact with in his family. His sister has a young daughter. Apparently his real father is an RSO. This link is for interview with the dad of the girl who turned the computer in.

ABC Nightline covering Somer's case tonight...will have interview with Dena.

I'm thinking that he probably was abused in some way, but if he wasn't he must have seen or been exposed to something while he was growing up that would make him think it was the norm. Something had to trigger this deviant behavior.

All I know is the guy is one sick puppy and I'm glad that he's locked up.

I don't know how these things work, but one thing I do know - there is NO excuse for a person to sexually abuse a child. NONE.

I feel that a person who was previously abused either as a child or later on in life, KNOWS of the ill effects of the abuse. They know of the physical and emotional scars, they know about the traumatizing effects that last a lifetime.

I have never understood the reasoning of those who claim to abuse because they were abused as children. I just cannot see it.

I do believe that the behavior is either a learned one (hanging out with same-type people,) or is inherited (thus the child becomes abuser not because of the abuse but because of his inherited wiring.)

I know I'm theorizing here, but every time a case like Somer's becomes public and it turns out it is a sex offender (even if not registered) who is the perpetrator, it makes me feel helpless and so disillusioned with the "human" race.

All children should be allowed their chance to achieve their full potential in life, not having their chance ruined by selfish and inhumane monsters who have no love for anyone but themselves.

If it turns out this man is guilty, I hope that the punishment is the most severe the system can muster.

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/exc...red-somer-thompson-remembers/story?id=9821495

Harrell lived on the street near where Somer was last seen Oct. 19, 2009. He was under surveillance for some time, police said.

Neighbors described Harrell as antisocial and withdrawn, and said they saw Somer occasionally stop to pet a little white dog near his former home.

After his arrest Thursday, authorities searched the new home of Harrell's family, particularly a shed.

They recently tipped the police that they found out he was living at Gano and his parents had moved out at the time Somer was killed. That's what I heard in the video. All circumstantial evidence though. No witness. Didn't even say who told him etc. Can't hold up in court at all.

http://www.news4jax.com/video/22542225/index.html

go to the people who knew him video. The guy's name is RB. He looks pretty shady to me with his gold chains and his sniffing.

This is the uncut video link
http://www.news4jax.com/video/22548251/index.html

RB says the reason it took so long to process the computer was because his daughter and her fiancee had to be investigated and given lie detector tests because they had access to JH's computer.

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/exc...red-somer-thompson-remembers/story?id=9821495

Harrell lived on the street near where Somer was last seen Oct. 19, 2009. He was under surveillance for some time, police said.

Neighbors described Harrell as antisocial and withdrawn, and said they saw Somer occasionally stop to pet a little white dog near his former home.

After his arrest Thursday, authorities searched the new home of Harrell's family, particularly a shed.

They just said that JH has refused extradition. I guess we'll see what happens next on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia