FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But isn't this physical fight she's explaining from the walk home?

Is there a link anywhere that says there was a physical fight at school? That's kinda what I'm wanting to know.

Somer hitting someone with her lunch box or backpack and running off is not the physical fight I was thinking we were talking about.

Didn't they say the scent from Gano at Debarry could have been from up to a week prior?
So, IMO that would not mean she made it past JH's home on that Monday.

ETA: There really is no way to know why the scent stopped there or how old the scent was IMO.

Hi eyes...

Sam told me in the beginning that "Somer had gotten in a fist fight in school that day" and that Abby was scolding her about it and lil sam was teasing her when she ran off.. after smacking sam with the bookbag."

This is my memory of what he told me, fwiw... Ive just kinda thrown all the stories together and believe somer was in several arguments that day. I think DT probably was notified of the fight according to school manual. Maybe that is why she was frantic that day.. IDK. Maybe somer was in some kind of inschool punishment that day. Again, IDK. Lots of maybes.

Sorry Sad, I don't remember you ever telling that story! Are you suggesting Somer was in a fist fight in her 1st grade class room, removed from the class room and sent to the principal where she was paddled, mom Diena was called and because she wasn't there on time to pick somer up, the school let Somer walk home with her siblings and mom picked her up once she was ahead of the others? Now I'm really confused! lol

My theory is not the popular one here. I get that. I don't think JH killed Somer. JMO. There is only so much we can post regarding this case. But I wanted to throw my opinion out there.

Hard to believe that Jarrell carried 95 pills with him traveling from Mississippi to Florida! There has got to be some kind of explanation. MOO

I think they were on his person when he was arrested.... and they came up again in booking with his effects (just a guess). I don't see Mississippi letting him hold on to them in his jail cell.

I think they were on his person when he was arrested.... and they came up again in booking with his effects (just a guess). I don't see Mississippi letting him hold on to them in his jail cell.

I agree nurse - they were found on his person in Mississippi and transferred with other belongings when transferred to Florida. What a bunch of junk that stuff is - he could have had a couple cups of coffee instead! MOO

Thanks Noway.

So, the fact that the scent was lost at the intersection could also be because of the cars going down Debarry blowing the scent around.

The scent could have been from any day. As stated at the end, the dog could have just picked up Somer's normal route home.

IMO on that Monday, she could have been taken at JH's house on Gano or anywhere on Gano in JH's car.

OT - Sad news ~ HLN is reporting a body has been found in the water where they are searching for Chelsea King. They will broadcast the police update.

But isn't this physical fight she's explaining from the walk home?

Is there a link anywhere that says there was a physical fight at school? That's kinda what I'm wanting to know.

Somer hitting someone with her lunch box or backpack and running off is not the physical fight I was thinking we were talking about.

Yes, You are correct Kim. Her sister was getting on her about her "fight" at school. Notice all the different terminologies -- fight is still being referenced for what took place at school. And "Spat" and a few others which indicate a minor incident is what is being used for her interaction with AT --

That's right.

With so many people walking down Gano, and nobody seeing the abduction, I was trying to come up with places where he could have got her into the car without being seen. (if not driveway.)

Or that anyone could have got her into their car without being seen.

The video was more a reference to the street names where her scent was lost by Kahlua. We don't know what the other scent dogs found/didn't find.

AFAIK, this was the only dog reported on.

That's right.

With so many people walking down Gano, and nobody seeing the abduction, I was trying to come up with places where he could have got her into the car without being seen.

Or that anyone could have got her into their car without being seen.

The video was more a reference to the street names where her scent was lost by Kahlua. We don't know what the other scent dogs found/didn't find.

AFAIK, this was the only dog reported on.

I agree with you there. We can't depend ENTIRELY on one report.

Common sense should tell us there is ALOT they have not reported on.

I still can't get it through my mind that had she actually gone into a home that a dog would not have followed the scent -- they searched SO MANY homes in the neighborhood/surround area --- which makes me believe her scent REALLY did vanish into thin air -- had they had a REAL HIT they would have been all over it as they were on the burnt Gano house.

OT: The Chelsea King case breaks my heart at the moment. I have plans to make a big change in this country -- in any case, it makes me think I should spend less time on these individual cases and get to work. and OT again -- I know this guy was a RSO in her case- so they already had his dna in a bank - but they matched it up VERY quickly to the evidence they had found - so quickly they were already going to charge him with murder before the body was found. What does this make everyone think about Somer's case?? There are a lot things in a few other cases atm that I am making comparisons to.

But, from following several cases, I can say that the dogs are not always effective.

There was a case recently that a little girl ran off and the dogs were on the case very quickly. She was on foot.

The dogs could not find her, but a man looked out of his window and saw her hiding behind a bush in her back yard.

So, my point is, as good as these dogs are, they do not ALWAYS follow the scent correctly.

ETA: the dogs had been within a block of where she was found IIRC. This all occured in a matter of a day. So, the scent should have been really fresh.

Can anyone tell me what the "road" is between Grove Park and DeBarry?

Is there an entrance off of Gano?

For reference, the red on map is JH's house.QUOTE]

That's a condo/apartment (not sure which) complex.

And FWIW, I took a trip to the neighborhood to check out the drainage ditches. The portion that runs from Grove Park Dr. behind JH's house to Gano Ave is fenced. It has a high fence-I'm guessing about 8-10 ft. where it comes out next to JH's house. But it didn't look to be fenced on the other side where it runs between Gano and Debarry.

Can anyone tell me what the "road" is between Grove Park and DeBarry?

Is there an entrance off of Gano?

For reference, the red on map is JH's house.QUOTE]

That's a condo/apartment (not sure which) complex.

And FWIW, I took a trip to the neighborhood to check out the drainage ditches. The portion that runs from Grove Park Dr. behind JH's house to Gano Ave is fenced. It has a high fence-I'm guessing about 8-10 ft. where it comes out next to JH's house. But it didn't look to be fenced on the other side where it runs between Gano and Debarry.

Do you mean Grove Park?

That's the side that Shutterfly and I had posted pictures of ...

I had read that the dogs could have followed her scent even if she was in a car. (I know you want a link, and I'll see if I bookmarked it.)

So if a dog could have picked up her scent even if she was in a car ... then the scent that was lost at DeBarry and Gano could have come from Somer while she was in car.

I wonder if any security cams could have picked up JH car in that area.
and iirc, in the dog video they said that due to the heavy traffic the dog could have lost the scent for that reason as well.

I think she means how the ditch runs from Gano to Debarry in an angle on the map. She said on that side of Gano there is no fence.

Looking on the street view on google maps at the canal there is an older fence on the side of the road JH lives on and on the other side of the road there is a section of fence that just stops where it goes into the peoples yards.

Clay County Record Search is useful for seeing what a building is and who owns it.

http://www.ccpao.com/newsite/search1.html

You can search for a name or address you know (like JH's house/his stepdad) and create a map and click on different properties along the way.

Or generate an owner list by radius from that spot (500, 1000, 1500 feet ...)

This is the link to Shutterfly's great pics of Gano and the neighborhood...along with her scenario.

let's try this one:

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4341882&postcount=246"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park thread #7[/ame]

I think she means how the ditch runs from Gano to Debarry in an angle on the map. She said on that side of Gano there is no fence.

Looking on the street view on google maps at the canal there is an older fence on the side of the road JH lives on and on the other side of the road there is a section of fence that just stops where it goes into the peoples yards.

I didn't want to trust street view, since it could be as much as 2 years old. Sad was going to take the route too, and I hope take pictures (hint, hint).

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4341882&postcount=246"]Shutterfly Ditch Pix[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper