FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Florida has the death penalty - if this case is tried in Georgia does it have the death penalty? What determines which state tries the case: the state the crime was committed or the state where innocent little Somer was found?

It would most likely be tried in the state in which the original crime was committed. That original crime would be an abduction. However, in cases of abduction that cross state lines, the case also sometimes becomes Federal jurisdiction. That is generally if a victim is taken across state lines.

If a case becomes Federal, the accused can be tried on both the state and Federal level, yes they can be tried twice. Once for breaking laws at the state level and once for breaking laws at the Federal level.

I don't know if this case would go Federal since the perp may not have actually taken Somer across state lines. However, his actions resulted in Somer being taken across state lines so it may very well be tried at both the state and federal levels. It's unlikely, but it could be.

Just to clarify, the people listed on the police report were the people the officers spoke to when they initially saw Somer's mom? So they randomly walked into an unregistered SO from another state? And now he's gone?

FISHY!

Gee, I wonder if any children are missing from his home town, Texas?

Kholloway...I see you there! I wanted to ask a question here that you might be able to answer.

How do the ground sonars work? I'm wondering if LE used a sonar, saw something, and that is why they decided to dig up the yard?

I am pretty sure that I read earlier that the house fire was in April of this year. Now I cannot find the article where I read it. Maybe someone else will have better luck using that as a search term?

Also, it is not unusual for a perp to hang around the scene of his crime just to see what is going on and to gauge reactions. Maybe law enforcement ran across him while searching for Somer and asked him whether or not he had seen her, without realizing that he was an RSO. They may have just considered him to be a potential witness on the street--much like the school crossing guard would be considered. KWIM?

Now...

the addy given on the police report is 325 Willow Green in Orange Park... That home is listed on 411.com with tenants by the last name of Reynolds ... but the owner is a Dejesus. I checked the SO registry and noticed there is a Dejesus by the exact name but middle initial is different.

I wonder if LE didn't check him out and that is why they didn't arrest him on the spot. Why was he there to begin with? The address he gave does not match the people living there & the phone number he provided is a cell phone.

Just to clarify, the people listed on the police report were the people the officers spoke to when they initially saw Somer's mom? So they randomly walked into an unregistered SO from another state? And now he's gone?

FISHY!

That is very fishy. Sometimes criminals find the best place to hide is right under officials noses. It is also common for criminals to return at least once to the crime scene. The reason is, they get paranoid and start thinking they failed to cover up some evidence so they go back to assure they have destroyed all evidence.

From the Florida Registry page:

Victim Information - Gender:Female Minor:Yes.

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=16656

He was 20 at the time ... could it be a case of gf being 17 ... 16 ...

It has stuck in my head that SOs have a pattern and don't "normally" deviate from it. That's why I wondered what her age was.

ETA: Can't believe this was asked ...

Question
What was the age of consent in Texas in 1992? & is there a statute of limitations if there were no charges filed for statutory rape?

Thank you for your question XXXXXXX! The age of consent in Texas is considered to be 17 years of age, however, until the minor turns 18, he or she can only have sexual relations with someone 2 years older.

First, Texas has no such charge as statutory rape. It would actually be classifiedhttp://www.justanswer.com/questions/x14s-age-consent-texas-1992# as a sexual assault. This can be found in the Texas Penal Code, Chapter 22.

Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/questions/x14s-age-consent-texas-1992#ixzz0UjbmJTMN

Is this Offender Alert something frequently done, or is there a reason they did it on the 21st?

(IOW, is this LE's way to raise awareness of something they are really interested in re: Somer?

CG, tell "mrs. myagi" hey for us....good sleuthing.

BBM. That was really good Mrs. Myagi!

Homeowners Insurance issues and claims adjusters?
Did they even have homeowners insurance-- if not then
maybe they had to come up with funds to start any
renovation at all.

maybe..checking out prices on Zillow dot com and appears to be norm or above for that part of FL...unless I plugged in the wrong zip....IDK....

IDK...but that house was a shell sitting there for weeks...why was there no action taken on the rehab of the house...?

Here is a link to the article where the renovation was mentioned and 2 of the commments listed below the article.

dnuss wrote:
hind site is always 20/20 but why wasn't this house looked at if they knew this was the last place she was seen, ive drove down that street everyday twice a day and I was glad they finally had a crew in there to rebuild this house but never thought it could be bringing in a killer to this community or was it someone in our area and just may have used that as a stage place????? if the house is gutted there must be something for them to be there this long.. could it have been right under our nose the command center was right across the road and it is 50 ft from the school on one side 10 feet from one crossing guard and across the street from a uniformed police car that sat there everyday ,morning and afternoon.this just gets more bizzar.....ive racked my brain and tried to wrap it around what has happened and it still feels like we will wake from this dream...wtf is going on with this world today???????

TCB4Justice wrote:
I wonder if the owners of this house actually knew the three men who were reportedly working on the renovations? Did they do any background checks to determine WHO they were, and if they even were who they SAID they were? The TRULY scary thing about sexual predators is when you look at the entire FDLE website and see the huge number of convicted PREDATORS that have been released, failed to register, ABSCONDED, and no one even knows where they are! This would probably cover the five or so that investigators have not been able to talk to, and they could be ANYWHERE. I also notice that we, in Florida, have a large number of offenders who come from other states, maybe register once, then move and don't report it. We are getting STUCK with the dregs of lots of other states because of our climate, and a lot of the ones on the run are homeless and could be absolutely anywhere and everywhere in Florida. WHY does the State of Florida have to allow all of these convicted offenders to come to live among us?

I do realize that it may turn out that this crime was committed by someone other than a known predator, but it sure does make it more difficult to investigate when something like this happens and there are SO MANY of them in our state. Something MUST be done about this!

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=147081&provider=top

Where are you guys seeing he is from Texas? I found a CWG at the same age who lived in Joplin, MO.

From same article-

ORANGE PARK, FL -- Crews have brought in a digging machine from the State Fire Marshall's Office to dig at various parts of the property and to lift heavy objects, according to officials. This is the area where 7-year-old Somer Thompson was last seen. FDLE agents are working overtime at the home, searching for evidence.
Dressed in protective white suits, several agents from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement sifted through a dumpster several blocks from Somer Thompson's home.

I am certain that Mr. Klaas didn't manufacture those statistics that he revealed on NG tonight. And, IMO, those stats were quite amazing and disturbing. The stats demonstrated that most pedophile crimes happen extremely close to home, within a few blocks, and the majority of kids abducted are little girls. So, what are we as a nation going to do about this? The "stranger" isn't the most terrible monster, according to stats the trouble arrives with people who are familiar to the child.

Tell you what, explain to me what the solution is.

Mark Klaas, did tell us the solution and not one person has posted what he said. "Children do not belong alone out on the streets."

I believe 150% it is that simple. No more 50's childhood, no more good neighborhood excuse, keep the kids off the street unless you are with
them. No more walking home from school, to or from a friends house ect.

No sense writing a congressman, he won't care, your kids don't vote.
Are the women of America working for granite counter-tops? American women need to take charge of their kids first. I know times are tough
but when someone gives us the answer LISTEN!

The way I look at it....

Regardless of when he "absconded"...

He had to be in immediate contact with the home when police arrived or else he would not be listed on that report. He is not some random dude walking down the street so they decided to add him. He was PRESENT. no doubt in my mind.

36 year old Clayton William Graham is wanted for not registering his whereabouts with authorities. He's a sex offender from Texas who moved here to Florida. Graham has been known to live in both Clay and Duval County. Dominick Pape says now, they don't know where he's hiding, "did he run from that state, is he trying to conseal his location in this state, all those things give us concern."

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/mostpopular/story/Offender-Alert-October-21-2009/W0nLgboHake_aekvaIaZkA.cspx

This guy concerns me. It says he lived in both Clay County and Duval County. Clay County is right smack dab in the middle of Duval County and Putnam County with Duval boarding the North of Clay County and Putnam bordering the South of Clay County.

thanks to LawLady84 for posting the picture of Clayton William Graham,RSO. What I find so bizarre is the look all of them have -they can give you the creeps and I swear you can pick up on it so quickly. Sadly innocent children have not always developed such instincts yet. RIP Somer - prays for her family.

Can someone post a link to the police report??? Pretty Please...

This guy concerns me. It says he lived in both Clay County and Duval County. Clay County is right smack dab in the middle of Duval County and Putnam County with Duval boarding the North of Clay County and Putnam bordering the South of Clay County.

HE REALLY concerns me ...being that he is listed on the police report as being PRESENT at that the time of the report. It also REALLY concerns me that he was not arrested on the spot for failing to register.

I went on a tangent and started looking up sex offenders in my neighborhood... and I cannot BELIEVE there are men convicted of rape/sodomy of 8 and 9 year olds who are currently living on PARK AVENUE. Its probably a parent or relatives house, but its still SICK. That money, I don't care whose it is, should ALL go to the babies they abused.

I'm literally nauseous. Awful people shouldn't get any niceties. I just may put up fliers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025