FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever the reasons, the burnt house is ground zero now isn't it?

Has LE determined that Somer was in the house? Or do you think because they are using equipment from the State Fire Marshall's Office, that she must have been?

I see this article says the house has been empty for "several" months.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=147081&provider=top

And CRAP!

A woman, who did not want to be identified, tells First Coast News' Monica Landeros she asked investigators to search this vacant home and dumpster on Monday night.

She says, "I'm upset. It's like, should I have looked, should I have gone in the dumpster?"

While my friend "mrs. miyagi" (this is what I will call her) looked at the police report & noticed the names listed, one popped out at her. Clayton William Graham is the last person listed DOB 12/21/72 ... I noticed that a few of the people listed on the report are neighbors but Graham's addy is 6 miles away. Why was he present during the police report? Well, "mrs. miyagi" found out that that Graham is a RSO which was listed in yesterday's media report as having absconded.

36 year old Clayton William Graham is wanted for not registering his whereabouts with authorities. He's a sex offender from Texas who moved here to Florida. Graham has been known to live in both Clay and Duval County. Dominick Pape says now, they don't know where he's hiding, "did he run from that state, is he trying to conseal his location in this state, all those things give us concern."

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/mostpopular/story/Offender-Alert-October-21-2009/W0nLgboHake_aekvaIaZkA.cspx

Where was Adji taken from? I can't remember. Was it somewhere in FLa?

While my friend "mrs. miyagi" (this is what I will call her) looked at the police report & noticed the names listed, one popped out at her. Clayton William Graham is the last person listed DOB 12/21/72 ... I noticed that a few of the people listed on the report are neighbors but Graham's addy is 6 miles away. Why was he present during the police report? Well, "mrs. miyagi" found out that that Graham is a RSO which was listed in yesterday's media report as having absconded.

36 year old Clayton William Graham is wanted for not registering his whereabouts with authorities. He's a sex offender from Texas who moved here to Florida. Graham has been known to live in both Clay and Duval County. Dominick Pape says now, they don't know where he's hiding, "did he run from that state, is he trying to conseal his location in this state, all those things give us concern."

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/mostpo...t-October-21-2009/W0nLgboHake_aekvaIaZkA.cspx

So they had him on the 19th (in the neighborhood as the police officer drove around searching?) and he was gone by the 21st? Page says Last Update: 10/21 4:06 pm

Original.jpg

Clayton William Graham

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/mostpopular/story/Offender-Alert-October-21-2009/W0nLgboHake_aekvaIaZkA.cspx

GrahamabscondedRSO.jpg

So they had him on the 19th (in the neighborhood as the police officer drove around searching?) and he was gone by the 21st? Page says Last Update: 10/21 4:06 pm

Just to clarify, the people listed on the police report were the people the officers spoke to when they initially saw Somer's mom? So they randomly walked into an unregistered SO from another state? And now he's gone?

FISHY!

The perp probably freaked out with the immediate searching and media coverage. He probably was in pure panic and had to get rid of Somer asap. IF he previously buried others there he may have felt safe with no media coverage or searches going on.

Would be very interesting to see how long the home has been vacant and under renovation to restore from the fire.

Also- would like to know how close the nearest dumpster is-- would that possibly be the dumpster across the streeet at that park?

Not sure I quite understand the heavy equipment to dig though-- unless that is the fasest way to uncover the entire lot to see what else is under the dirt.

I would really like to know when this house became vacant, was it before or after Haleigh went missing. I can't see the perp in Somer's case taking time to bury her belongings under large objects that need heavy equipment to move - otherwise he would have done the same with her body.

I'm also not sure why they have the state fire marshal bringing the equipment. Does the state fire marshal still have legal authority of the house until it's up to fire safety codes? I know in my state, the fire department automatically takes legal possession of a house until the fire is completely out and the residence is deemed ok for safe entry. If the state fire marshal does have legal possession of the house, authorities would not need a search warrant to search it. Asking the owners permission was just out of courtesy.

(In case you are wondering, the only reason I know this is because I am a paralegal and worked on a case with a man growing pot in his home. His house caught fire. The fire department came across the pot plants and called the police who performed a search and seizure without a warrant. My client claimed an illegal search and seizure because the fire was completely out at the time. The judge ultimately ruled that the fire department "owned" the house and had not yet released it back to the owner as being safe, therefore all authorities needed was the permission of the fire department as current owner of the home to search the home.)

Is this Offender Alert something frequently done, or is there a reason they did it on the 21st?

(IOW, is this LE's way to raise awareness of something they are really interested in re: Somer?

CG, tell "mrs. myagi" hey for us....good sleuthing.

Florida has the death penalty - if this case is tried in Georgia does it have the death penalty? What determines which state tries the case: the state the crime was committed or the state where innocent little Somer was found?

Just catching up. Where the crime was comitted.

Conviction Date: 1/29/1992 Age at conviction: 20

Wish the crime was listed ...

The equipment is used for lifting heavy what? The story says the house was gutted.

So the four perps that were arrested earlier could have been the people renovating this house??

So the four perps that were arrested earlier could have been the people renovating this house??

IDK...but that house was a shell sitting there for weeks...why was there no action taken on the rehab of the house...?

Excellent Noway so the DP is in play regardless of which State tries the case. I cannot get little Somer's face out of my mind.

CG your friend has a funny name.. lol nice catch... he stares.... eyes tell a lot..

Homeowners Insurance issues and claims adjusters?
Did they even have homeowners insurance-- if not then
maybe they had to come up with funds to start any
renovation at all.

IDK...but that house was a shell sitting there for weeks...why was there no action taken on the rehab of the house...?

In talking about why there seems to be so many terrible crimes in Fl.
The other day I heard somebody talking about this on the tv (sorry can not remember what show) and it was mentioned that Fl seems to be a destination for many who are wanting to get a fresh start, away from troubles they'll be leaving behind in other states, except they seem to bring all their troubles along with them!
I wonder how much of the crime done in Florida is done by people who are transplants?
Casey moved there from Ohio I believe. Ted Bundy did his last killing spree there but was not a native.
All states have terrible crimes, but it does seem that we hear more about Florida.

VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members