FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone...didn't know about the older brother...does he live with mom?

When I heard about the older child on TV yesterday, the reporter said the older child did not live with the mother. Now I don't know one way or another if what the reporter was stating was factual or not.

Thank you for that info...I still hope he dosen't try to take the other children though...but I think he is reacting on raw emotions right now and I would probably feel the same way and want my other children somewhere "safe" (Not that there IS a safe place for children in this world) RIP Somer... :(

I read somewhere (have to go back and look) where he did say something alone the line of taking the other twin back home with him where he can be safe. I will see if I can find the article, I was trying to find picture of BF still.

Any rumblings of a suspect yet? I'm catching up, but not as fast as I want.
As far as I've seen, it is definitely Somer, GA is still handling the autopsy, and it sounds like a good chance of getting physical evidence.

I wanted to be back earlier, but, I actually had to leave the house for work today. I or momtective will be getting hold of those that want to see what we can do to make this stop.
EDIT: that kinda sounded exclusionary. You guys are free to get hold of us too. I just didn't want to overtake another Somer thread.

This has probably already been posted numerous times...sorry if it has....I haven't read back through the threads yet.
RSO Ishmir Jamal Northrup
RSO.jpg

Lewd Lascivious batt sex w/victim 12-15 years old; F.S. 800.04(4)(a)

Conviction Date: 1/8/2008 Age at conviction: 26
Why isn't this monster still in jail! Convicted in Jan. 08 out in less than 2 year!
He lives just off the corner of Pecan Ct & Debarry.... Somer's route home.
RSOSomersrt.jpg

Found the atricle where the Father stated about taking other children back with him.
copied from article
"God help the sons of *****es who hurt my daughter," Samuel Thompson said. "They better find them."

Thompson said he intends to come to Florida and wants to take Somer’s twin brother and two of his other children who’ve been living with their mother back to his home in North Carolina, where he thinks they’ll be safe.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/na...rmat=&page=2&listingType=natsouth#articleFull

2nd page starts 3rd paragraph at bottom

Do we have any idea when autopsy results would be released?

Praying for an arrest TODAY.

I have often wondered why there isn't a website with all RSO who are "whereabouts unknown" across the country, state by state. When I look at my state's RSO wish they had a page of those unaccounted for.

I also want to help! We must have websleuthers from every state here who want to help. But what can we do? Making the laws federal level is a great idea!

BBM

I cannot agree with this at this point in time. Once our govt. wakes up and does something about the SO lists by seperating them out into types of offense, then we can work on never letting the real offenders out. It would be quite an injustice to send willie and wilma the 17 yo seniors to prison for life for "sexting".
You are right.
Willie and Wilma (assuming they are both teenagers) should not be on the sex offender list for 'sexting' to begin with. For them to be included only serves to dilute the severity of what the definition of a true sexual offender is/ should be.

Other than that, how do you feel about much more dire consequences for those who have been convicted of child molestation, rape and murder?

We need to be more realistic, and honest, about sexual predators.

I stand on my position that if someone rapes a child, they should be put to death.

Found the atricle where the Father stated about taking other children back with him.
copied from article
"God help the sons of *****es who hurt my daughter," Samuel Thompson said. "They better find them."

Thompson said he intends to come to Florida and wants to take Somer’s twin brother and two of his other children who’ve been living with their mother back to his home in North Carolina, where he thinks they’ll be safe.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/na...rmat=&page=2&listingType=natsouth#articleFull

I haven't been following the case that closely, but this is a sad thing... those kids have just lost their sister, and now may face a huge, possibly-wrenching custody blow-up?

There is no charge harsh enough to cover what these murdering SOBs do to the families in these cases.

So, wait, is Somer's dad talking about just taking the kids from her mother, or is she in agreement that they need to go somewhere safer?
It just hurts me to think of her losing the anyone else right now, unless she feels it's for the best.

I have often wondered why there isn't a website with all RSO who are "whereabouts unknown" across the country, state by state. When I look at my state's RSO wish they had a page of those unaccounted for.

I also want to help! We must have websleuthers from every state here who want to help. But what can we do? Making the laws federal level is a great idea!

Maybe a reality show where sluethers become bounty hunter types and track down the whereabouts of the unknown offenders...

I stand on my position that if someone rapes a child, they should be put to death.

I couldn't disagree more.

Despite all the attention given to RSO's and strangers, children are overwhelmingly more likely to be abused/assaulted by someone they know. Not just someone they know, someone they trust. And even more likely, someone related to them.

I understand that people find this hard to believe, but children usually really do love the family member abusing them. That alone often prevents them from disclosing. It would be even worse if the offender could say to the child truthfully: "If you tell anyone about this I'll be put to death."

A law like that would have no effect on abuse rates; just in the reporting of them.

I couldn't disagree more.

Despite all the attention given to RSO's and strangers, children are overwhelmingly more likely to be abused/assaulted by someone they know. Not just someone they know, someone they trust. And even more likely, someone related to them.

I understand that people find this hard to believe, but children usually really do love the family member abusing them. That alone often prevents them from disclosing. It would be even worse if the offender could say to the child truthfully: "If you tell anyone about this I'll be put to death."

A law like that would have no effect on abuse rates; just in the reporting of them.
But, by your reasoning, maybe we should just throw out all laws making it a crime to abuse children altogether.

I disagree with your disagreement.

You are right.
Willie and Wilma (assuming they are both teenagers) should not be on the sex offender list for 'sexting' to begin with. For them to be included only serves to dilute the severity of what the definition of a true sexual offender is/ should be.

Other than that, how do you feel about much more dire consequences for those who have been convicted of child molestation, rape and murder?

We need to be more realistic, and honest, about sexual predators.

BBM, My thoughts are documented at [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4325829#post4325829"]What Punishment Should a Pedophile Receive for Sexually Abusing a Child? - Page 3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

copied from article

This is wrong and her chlidren should stay with her.It is not her fault someone bad took and hurt her little girl.He would be cruel to do this and it's wrong.

I said they should not be put to death. Not about not punishing them.
I understand that. But, sexual molesters have been using the "you'll get me in trouble, so don't tell on me" line with children for generations upon generations. It hasn't slowed down the rate of children being abused.

I truly feel we need much stricter laws for people who have been found guilty of raping and/or murdering children. Nothing else seems to be working. Child sexual predators cannot be 'reformed'. I say be done with the 'second chances' (and third, and tenth) and lets be done with them. I want them out of society, and away from our children!

This is wrong and her chlidren should stay with her.It is not her fault someone bad took and hurt her little girl.He would be cruel to do this and it's wrong.

You know, I'm sure everyone grieving for Somer right now is not completely in his/her right mind.

We all do and say and think a lot of not completely rational things when we're in a highly emotional state.

I think the parents are going through the worst moments of their lives right now, and it's unfortunate that everything they say in this state of mind could be published. It's just adding to their anxiety.

BBM

I cannot agree with this at this point in time. Once our govt. wakes up and does something about the SO lists by seperating them out into types of offense, then we can work on never letting the real offenders out. It would be quite an injustice to send willie and wilma the 17 yo seniors to prison for life for "sexting".

Yes, but I don't think it would be too hard to classify who would be eligible for lifetime commitment or life without parole. The list should NOT include statutory rape (cases where a 17 year old, for example, has a 20 year old boyfriend), urinating in public, things like that. It should include any adult who sexually molests, rapes or attempts to kidnap a child for sexual purposes. I think it should also include anyone who is involved in the dissemination of child *advertiser censored* involving real children. I don't think it would be too hard to create a clear cut system to determine who is eligible and who is not. Any forum set up for discussion about this yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member