FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I'm sure everyone grieving for Somer right now is not completely in his/her right mind.

We all do and say and think a lot of not completely rational things when we're in a highly emotional state.

I think the parents are going through the worst moments of their lives right now, and it's unfortunate that everything they say in this state of mind could be published. It's just adding to their anxiety.

I agree. I think this dad is out of his mind with grief and fear. His baby has been killed and the killer has not been caught. He's scared. I'm sure the surviving children are not going anywhere. They will stay with mom and be watched like a hawk. Poor family. God bless them all.

I understand that. But, sexual molesters have been using the "you'll get me in trouble, so don't tell on me" line with children for generations upon generations. It hasn't slowed down the rate of children being abused.

I still think there's a big line between "get me in trouble" and "I'll be put to death." I don't want anyone's death on the conscience of a child.

I still think there's a big line between "get me in trouble" and "I'll be put to death." I don't want anyone's death on the conscience of a child.
Respectfully,

Many of these perps tell their victims..."if you say anything I'll kill you/your mom/your sister etc...

I was told my baby brother and sister would die if I said anything, with a knife to my throat.

Maz

MOO

On the previous thread, I believe I read the next update would be at 4pm. Is this correct if anyone knows?

Prayers for Somer's family and friends. May she rest in peace.

Respectfully,

Many of these perps tell their victims..."if you say anything I'll kill you/your mom/your sister etc...

I was told my baby brother and sister would die if I said anything, with a knife to my throat.

Maz

MOO

I tell my kids, "If anyone ever hurts you or snatches you and they tell you if you scream or tell they will kill you,kill mommy,or kill daddy; you better scream as loud as you can because they will probably kill you anyway!"
I know that sounds cruel and I know it terrifies them but I want them to be terrified of people who will hurt them. I've told them all, "fight, kick, scream, throw up on em, wet your pants and never ever stop fighting!" I know it sounds drastic but the truth is...if you are a child and you are snatched, your abductor is most likely not going to let you live so I say fight for your life and as soon as you have an opportunity, run to the nearest most populated area screaming "Help! He's not my Dad!" or Help!" She's not my Mom!"

BBM

I cannot agree with this at this point in time. Once our govt. wakes up and does something about the SO lists by seperating them out into types of offense, then we can work on never letting the real offenders out. It would be quite an injustice to send willie and wilma the 17 yo seniors to prison for life for "sexting".

I couldn't agree with you more Dave - pedophiles, violent pedophiles who murder, and those who are sadistic should be in their own category, not found haphazardly under the huge umbrella called 'sex offenders'. All those who prey on children should have their own slot. If that could be changed, other critical changes would follow. mho

I tell my kids, "If anyone ever hurts you or snatches you and they tell you if you scream or tell they will kill you,kill mommy,or kill daddy; you better scream as loud as you can because they will probably kill you anyway!"
I know that sounds cruel and I know it terrifies them but I want them to be terrified of people who will hurt them. I've told them all, "fight, kick, scream, throw up on em, wet your pants and never ever stop fighting!" I know it sounds drastic but the truth is...if you are a child and you are snatched, your abductor is most likely not going to let you live so I say fight for your life and as soon as you have an opportunity, run to the nearest most populated area screaming "Help! He's not my Dad!" or Help!" She's not my Mom!"

I have told my girls pretty much just this.

I explained if someone somehow actually gets you in a car, you are probably not getting out so you do everything in your power to not be forced in there.

on Bay News 9 it says Somer's mother is going to make a statement at 5.

Maybe it varies by state, and not all states have that law ...

snipped this:
A bill, sHB 5503, currently before the General Assembly requires the Risk Assessment Board to use the risk assessment scale it develops to determine the sex offenders who should be prohibited from living within 1,000 feet of the property comprising an elementary or secondary school or a licensed center- or home-based child day care facility.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2007/rpt/2007-R-0380.htm

On the previous thread, I believe I read the next update would be at 4pm. Is this correct if anyone knows?

Prayers for Somer's family and friends. May she rest in peace.

Watching HLN, they just said 4pm est they will be reporting.

Forgive me if this is already known but I wanted to let you all know that Richelle Carey of HLN posted there is going to be 4PM Presser on the Somer case. We'll be able to see it on HLN.

Respectfully,

Maz

MOO

So sorry Mazama that you ever had to experience such hell. Pedophiles will do and say whatever they need to so their victim remains silent. Many victims are silent their entire life.

can you post what the updates are for those of us at work?
thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members