FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little late in this discussion, but did any of the other children mention seeing her at this vacant house? Does anyone know how far this vacant home is from her usual walk-home route? I mean, would she pass it on her way home, or would she have to deliberately detour to go there?

Sorry to bombard with questions....but you all are way ahead of me on this ;)

IMO

She never even made it to DeBarry Ave. Yes, she walked right past it on her route home.

Anyone in the neighborhood would know of the empty house. Not just SOs.

I'm a little late in this discussion, but did any of the other children mention seeing her at this vacant house? Does anyone know how far this vacant home is from her usual walk-home route? I mean, would she pass it on her way home, or would she have to deliberately detour to go there?

Sorry to bombard with questions....but you all are way ahead of me on this ;)

IMO

Vacant house was 500-600 yds from the school.

There is a park across from the 1080 Gano Address
parkGanoAve.jpg

I wonder if this house is the place where the scent dog lost her scent. (am I imagining they had found her scent)

If that home is empty due to a fire, it may be somebody has been working on it... gutting it. Could be there was a rented garbage dumpster at the property.

The search could be based on what was found at the dump near Somer's body.

Had to edit my post above. Vacant house was 500-600 yds from school.

The little girl walking home from her bus stop that was almost kidnapped earlier this month in Orlando was grabbed either right outside an abandoned house or an abandoned lot. I have to go find my link.
Bear in mind, if there is a lot of fire damage, it could have been anyone driving past that saw the house and decided to lay in wait. Park their car at the park, make a quick jog across the street, and wait.

This pedophile had to know the neighborhood well - LE is looking at an empty home so close. Maybe they found trash around Somer indicating what homes were close by.

Gosh, seems that poor little Somer got upset with her companions, went ahead maybe in tears, and run right into this sicko.

Can't imagine how her twin brother is dealing with this tragedy - how does a 7yo even try to make sense of this?

I also wonder what lead them to this vacant house? Could it be from the trash that was surrounding her when she found. What brought them to search there?

Jane Velez Mitchell will cover this story and talk about questions such as why is so much of this going on in Florida and the large amount of SOs there, etc.

Could have been soot and other things in her lungs or on the body that led them to look for burned out houses.

I catch the tail-end of the presser. Does anyone have the donation info handy for the family?

Thanks.

I think we are all thinking along the same lines..... the garbage dump lead them there.

She says that Somer was not seen with anyone, but alone in the yard of the vacant house, due to multiple witness accounts.

They have five S/Os left to interview within that five mile radius, all the other S/Os in that area have been vetted.

I catch the tail-end of the presser. Does anyone have the donation info handy for the family?

Thanks.

Funeral arrangements: a meeting tomorrow with family a few funeral home owners: more than one has offered to assist the family

Account set up for family in Somer Thompson's name: for funeral, time lost at work, etc.: VyStar Credit Union: account #0702794000

That means yes.

I agree... :sick:

An account has been set up for anyone interested in helping the family with expenses related to the death of Somer. People can contribute at any area Vystar Credit Union to Somer Thompson, account No. 0702794000.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/21392759/detail.html

There are no Vystar Credit Union branches in Austin (that I can locate anyway) so I called Vystar Credit Union in Jacksonville (904-777-6000) & verified the account number on news4jax site.

I also got their address:

PO Box 45085
Jacksonville FL 32232-5085

If you make a donation, just put the account# &/or Somer's name in the Memo field.

I also wonder what lead them to this vacant house? Could it be from the trash that was surrounding her when she found. What brought them to search there?
Or maybe the other kids told them they have been in it. When I was a kid and a lot of other children I know - like to go into vacant / gutted houses. Usually these have no windows or doors so its not like you are breaking and entering - you can walk right through them. I'm wondering if Somer got upset and walked off, she got to this house and decided to go in an either wait for them or just be alone - but there was a monster lurking inside.

Maybe one reason is if the property had been being worked on due to the fire maybe there was a dumpster outside of the home. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnjackson971@