FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
651 Lead's into tip room. 470 are workable leads. 239 checked and worked out, remaining to be followed up on.

http://www.necn.com/Boston/Nation/2009/10/22/Body-of-Somer-Thompson-found/1256231880.html

Officials have questioned more than 70 sex offenders in the area.
ABC's Matt Gutman reports.

~snipped~
Video at link

How many of those are child predators? How close are SOs allowed to live to a school? Some of these must be in violation of that (if there is a law, for some reason I thought they could not live within 3 miles ...)

That's 70+, with 88 registered in the city, where are the other 18? Have they not questioned them?

5 remaining SO's not completely closed out as far as checking them out, didn't meet them face to face or weren't home. Do anticipate completing that very soon.

1080 Gano Avenue being processed for evidence. Last known location of missing child was seen. Vacant. House fire a few months ago. Owners do not live there

New info, just heard from Sheriff ME office contacted him. ME postiviely identified it is Somer. Family notified. Not discussing autopsy or manner of death. Dental records proved.

Forensic unit at 1080 Gato avenue for evidence related to case. Reason: last location anyone saw Somer. 500-600 yds away from school and witnesses.

1080 Gato is vacant. Homeowners do not live there. HO's gave permission to process the scene.

ETA: There was a fire at the home, that's why they don't live there.

wow a vacant house...wonder if Somer was in there at all?

5 RSO's within the five mile radius have not been questioned/located - per presser

official identification: ME positively identified her through dental records

will not release manner or cause of death.

A vacant house 400-500 yards from the school at 1080 Gayno Avenue is being processed, vacant due to a previous house fire, and the last known place she was seen by witness accounts.

The homeowner who does not currently live there because of the fire, gave permission to process the home.

Body has been positively identified through dental records

Will not discuss cause of death

Last seen @ 1080 Gano Ave. currently vacant due to house fire...Forensics Mobile unit is currently at 1080 Gano.

Was it said in the presser whether or not she was assaulted?

I tell my kids, "If anyone ever hurts you or snatches you and they tell you if you scream or tell they will kill you,kill mommy,or kill daddy; you better scream as loud as you can because they will probably kill you anyway!"
I know that sounds cruel and I know it terrifies them but I want them to be terrified of people who will hurt them. I've told them all, "fight, kick, scream, throw up on em, wet your pants and never ever stop fighting!" I know it sounds drastic but the truth is...if you are a child and you are snatched, your abductor is most likely not going to let you live so I say fight for your life and as soon as you have an opportunity, run to the nearest most populated area screaming "Help! He's not my Dad!" or Help!" She's not my Mom!"

My three and six year old have been taught to use every single tool, knock things off store shelves, scream, pee, cuss. ( I firmly believe that a three year old screaming "Get your f'ing hands off me, you SOB" will draw more attention than "This is not my mommy".

I hope little Somer scratched, fought and has told her story to the ME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hskrgrl1955