FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No suspects, no arrests, and yet LE isn't 'over the top' telling people to keep their children inside, etc. It sure looks to me as though from where we are right now, there's a killer on the loose who abducted in broad daylight and murdered a seven year old child! Maybe I'm missing something......

Or they know who the perp is and are watching closely until the all evidence comes back. It doesn't mean they do not have 24/7 survellance on him. They did the same thing with that lab girl who was about to be married.

tarabull this can't be correct video either.. its only 11:56 min. long..

Amity said it was at the 12:25 mark.. '

Thanks , that video you linked to is nice ..

I apologize MommaD!!

You know it's the strangest thing....I accessed the video thru the link Amity provided....

While I was viewing it I copied and shared the link above as you asked.....yet it's as tho the video is now gone.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Maybe because it was about the RSO that was cleared and his brother was complaining in the video about how his business, & his bros name and picture was being flashed all over the media and yet they'd been cleared. The video was shot right in front of the guys work unit with the name plastered all over it.....anyways, sorry I can't provide the link.

I apologize MommaD!!

You know it's the strangest thing....I accessed the video thru the link Amity provided....

While I was viewing it I copied and shared the link above as you asked.....yet it's as tho the video is now gone.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Maybe because it was about the RSO that was cleared and his brother was complaining in the video about how his business, & his bros name and picture was being flashed all over the media and yet they'd been cleared. The video was shot right in front of the guys work unit with the name plastered all over it.....anyways, sorry I can't provide the link.

Nope, he is right here in this video at 4:42
http://www.news4jax.com/video/21409125/index.html

I apologize MommaD!!

See this is what makes me and most of us so angry.. why should that RSO have any rights??? If these monsters where out in the public more maybe there wouldn't be so many little children getting assaulted and murdered.. No they call civil rights so they can hide from public and go on doing their nasty crimes..

I also think this was a crime of 'opportunity' on the killer's part.

The way I picture it in my mind, little Somer ran ahead of the other children, perhaps crying and distraught after the argument with the other kids, so not as alert to her surroundings, and not as 'in tune' with the instinctual sense of danger she may have had on any other day.

I think her abductor/ murderer acted on split second impulse, and grabbed her.

I'm not ruling out that the perp(s) hadn't been thinking about, or hoping to, grab a child for awhile. I just think the 'opportunity' presented itself, it just happened to be Somer, it just happened to be that day...

This whole story of Somer just breaks my heart. Such a beautiful, innocent child. I can't understand the evil it would take to do this to her, to any child. How could anyone want to hurt a child, especially like this.

I can't even imagine the lifetime of heartache her mother, father, grandparents, siblings have in store for them. All because some brutal, selfish, and yes, EVIL, 'person'
wanted to fulfill their sick, disgusting, cruel fantasies? So unfair, so senseless.

I am so angry at the hurt and fear and devastation this killer has unleashed. I am so tired of these impotant laws that serve to protect the guilty, instead of the innocent.

I have tears in my eyes, I am just so frustrated. I wish I knew what I could do to change the laws, to help prevent this from happening again. Because as long as these sexual predators are allowed to roam our streets, it will happen again, and again.

I really didn't start this post with the intention of a rant. Thank you for listening.

Momma,

just thought of something. If they were speculating about falling in one of the tanks. (excuse my ignorance, are they hot?) they wouldnt prob be able to identify a birth mark?? And if she fell in tank - you think they would classify homicide? And how would she end up in (gulp) garbage. (gosh, writing that makes me ill everytime)
Am I so off base here??? I might just be really slow and lost today! So, please excuse me if I am making no sense ;)

As crowded as that neighborhood seemed during after-school hours, I would think the perp may have used chloroform (or some equivalent) to quiet Somer.

Momtective, I'm waiting for Thread 5 to reappear so I can see what discussion took place yesterday after I left (about trash pickup, residential pickup and commercial). If maps were posted, I won't bother reinventing the wheel.

Momma,

just thought of something. If they were speculating about falling in one of the tanks. (excuse my ignorance, are they hot?) they wouldnt prob be able to identify a birth mark?? And if she fell in tank - you think they would classify homicide? And how would she end up in (gulp) garbage. (gosh, writing that makes me ill everytime)
Am I so off base here??? I might just be really slow and lost today! So, please excuse me if I am making no sense ;)

My spidey senses tell me the TANKS are not involved.

Just my opinion, but I don't think the tanks are relevant except possibly as a place where a child saw Somer. I don't think they contributed to her death (it was posted that these would not be emptied like trash cans or dumpsters).

Consider for a minute that LE called this murder upon finding her body, even though a compactor-type trash truck was involved. To me, that means there must have been obvious injuries that would not have been a result of being in the garbage truck. Also perhaps her hands/mouth were bound, which would eliminate accident and indicate homicide.

As crowded as that neighborhood seemed during after-school hours, I would think the perp may have used chloroform (or some equivalent) to quiet Somer.

Momtective, I'm waiting for Thread 5 to reappear so I can see what discussion took place yesterday after I left (about trash pickup, residential pickup and commercial). If maps were posted, I won't bother reinventing the wheel.

PLEASE do not let CA's defence team or any of the Anthony's hear you say that "c" word!!!!

Child killer on the loose in Florida is quite enough!!!!

I can imagine them already plotting their latest defence.

Momma,

no one could fall in them.. here is link to one with a pic.. I am not the best searcher at all. I couldn't a good site. but this will give you idea what kind of tank . on other threads of somers are pics of the tank someone took for me off of google and all kinds of pic of park and house area.. hope that helps.. they are not hot they are really cold to the touch.. but if flame is near them they will explode..

http://www.build-yourown-home.com/propane-tank.html

ETA: I don't think the tanks are involved either. just that the little boy tugs at my heart at seeing her running around them..

I've been reading here and may have missed some important info.....but have they released any info from the autopsy yet? Any discussion on cause of death?

Is there any chance this little girl climbed into a dumpster on her own and her injuries and death were caused by being in the garbage processing cycle?

Respectfully admit I may have missed something....but am curious.

I agree about the tanks not being a part. I just like to discuss with everyone different ideas brought up :)

Does anyone know if there was a crossing guard at Gano and Grove Park Dr? In the google maps, there is one present on the corner. Not to far from the reports of where she was last seen. I think it would be easy for a perp to snatch a child quickly without a struggle. But oh so ballsy. My guess is this one is a real creeper who likes the attention and the thrill. (makes me sick to type it)

I can try to find the one about the little girl and the birthmark but I haven't viewed that one yet. I remembered the last one because I had recently viewed it.

No suspects, no arrests, and yet LE isn't 'over the top' telling people to keep their children inside, etc. It sure looks to me as though from where we are right now, there's a killer on the loose who abducted in broad daylight and murdered a seven year old child! Maybe I'm missing something......
Actually that is what I was wondering also. :waitasec:

I've been reading here and may have missed some important info.....but have they released any info from the autopsy yet? Any discussion on cause of death?

Is there any chance this little girl climbed into a dumpster on her own and her injuries and death were caused by being in the garbage processing cycle?

So far, all they've said about the autopsy results is they are not being released...

That being said, I think if it was an accident they wouldn't be keeping the autopsy a secret.

I haven't been following this case as closely as others. But as far as I know, they have not released a cause of death. But they have released that it was a homicide, and not an accident.

I'd seen this in a previous thread but saw it myself in an article just now and thought I'd repost it ...

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/special/somer/news-article.aspx?storyid=147061&catid=338

TO HELP AND RELATED EVENTS:
  • There is an account at Vystar Credit Union for donations. The account number is 0702794000. <LI itxtvisited="1">There is a charity pool tournament for the Thompson family starting at 1 p.m. Sunday at Solids and Stripes Billiards. $5 entry fee. The business is collecting donations during regular business hours through Monday.
  • There will be a fundraiser 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday at Orange Park Town Hall. It will feature fun things for kids -- a clown, bounce house, face painting etc. -- and a bake sale and silent auction.
  • KinderVision, a nonprofit child safety education program, is sponsoring an event focused on teaching children how to avoid abduction and raising funds for the organization at 7 p.m. Sunday at the Club at Hammock Beach in Palm Coast. Call 765-437-4531 for details or CLICK HERE.
  • A free one-hour seminar for children to promote safety while trick-or-treating will be offered at 6 p.m. Oct 27, 28 and 29 at Champion Martial Arts & Fitness, 11570 San Jose Blvd. #7.
  • A motorcycle fundraiser for Somer Thompson starts at 11 a.m. Nov. 8. at Love to Ride. The ride will go through Orange Park, past Somer's house and then on to Buffalo's in Orange Park where there will be a cookout. If you would like to participate or have any questions, call 904-622-6309.

ACTUALLY reading your post again, goodness knows i go over and over and over it all again trying to see what we are missing.....but your words made me think something....

They haven't said she was ABDUCTED - have they??

But, they did say "we have a child killer on the loose"

Please correct me if I'm wrong.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads