FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it so strange that with Somer and Elizabeth, being adbucted in their own neighborhod, close to home, why where no screams heard? If a child is scared, they will scream or cry or fight??? No one saw or heard as thing.... This is very disturbing to me...

In reality, if a child screamed in my neighborhood, it would be hard to hear b/c of all the other noise: traffic, children playing, airplanes, occasional sirens, music from a passing car, etc. Plus, a child being abducted probably isn't given much of a chance to scream. :(

I am a cake decorator, and would love to bake some cupcakes, or a cake or two for the bake sale tomorrow, but cannot find a contact phone number for the bake sale....

Was the link to the home that was searched?? To me that looked more like a mitsubishi montero - thoughts? Or I am I looking at the wrong house.

THAT IS the house....at least my eyes tell me it's the same house from the video clips....it's the only one around there with THAT fence and all closed in by those trees.....yeah that's it!

Baseball playoff game tonight has been cancelled due to weather and rescheduled for tomorrow so maybe it will air tonight

Maybe it is a SIGN from god that this episode is what LE needs.

Something my brain has just thought of..:woohoo:
There was a double homicide in Omaha, case was big attention locally. You can find in crimes in the news section here at WS.

Anyway, I worked with an investigative reporter out of Omaha on that case. He told me that AMW has wanted to do a segment on this case but they were refused by police. AMW can't do a show without police cooperation or consent as I was told. Correct me if I am wrong. But if that is true, then I am thinking we are dealing with an unknown predator out there. OR LE is missing a few links and are looking for more to try to seal the deal.

I am a cake decorator, and would love to bake some cupcakes, or a cake or two for the bake sale tomorrow, but cannot find a contact phone number for the bake sale....
The only thing I saw was this information ~

A rally and fundraiser in support of the family will be 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday at the Orange Park Town Hall, 2042 Park Ave. There will be an auction, bounce house, bake sale and more.

http://jacksonville.com/news/georgi...gress_being_made_toward_tracking_somers_path#

THAT IS the house....at least my eyes tell me it's the same house from the video clips....it's the only one around there with THAT fence and all closed in by those trees.....yeah that's it!

Okay! It looks like a Mitsubishi Montero. Second guess would be a buick SUV

Maybe it is a SIGN from god that this episode is what LE needs.

But if that is true, then I am thinking we are dealing with an unknown predator out there. OR LE is missing a few links and are looking for more to try to seal the deal.

Or they want to make the suspect squirm especially if they have surveillance on him.

In reality, if a child screamed in my neighborhood, it would be hard to hear b/c of all the other noise: traffic, children playing, airplanes, occasional sirens, music from a passing car, etc. Plus, a child being abducted probably isn't given much of a chance to scream. :(

Would someone ~ ANYONE ~ hear a child scream if she was say 500 - 600 yards from a school with 100's of kids being dismissed for the day????

(I'm guessing 100's of kids, how many kids do you think were in the area at that time??? I don't know if the school website would say the exact number of kids that attend it?!?!?)

It's REALLY hard to imagine NO WITNESSES.

The AMW segment isn't confirmed just yet ~

"Hoping to generate more interest, Sheriff Rick Beseler plans to film a segment about the case today for the TV show "America's Most Wanted." It's unclear when that segment would air because the network is pre-empting tonight's show for the baseball playoff game. Host John Walsh is trying to convince network officials to air the segment during a commercial break in the game, but they have yet to agree, Justino said."

http://jacksonville.com/news/georgi...gress_being_made_toward_tracking_somers_path#

fyi..baseball playoff game postponed (till Sunday nite) due to rain.

The other night on the news @ 6pm, there was a retired FBI agent talking about this case. He said the detectives/agents will more than likely dust her body for prints, fibers, etc... that will give them clues about the killer & where she died. My guess is they found something on her body that took them back to the house on Gano. When I saw news clips of the detectives taking drinking cups w/straws, styrofoam takeout containers from the dumpster by the house , I immediately thought they have DNA from her body & they are trying to match it to DNA at the house. Appears they might think it could be someone who has been doing work at that house. I saw the owner of the construction company on the news tonight - he said they took swabs from him, his brother and a worker, plus took the trailer he uses for his business. He said they have returned the trailer. Do you think they might have evidence that leads them to believe it is someone who has worked on the house?

As in it was more than just a hunch that Somer was among the trash at the landfill? I'm trying to follow your thoughts. :confused: MOO

Exactly! Cop talks to little girl on bike from his Nissan, Diena flags down cop in neighborhood, Cop follows trash trucks through neighborhood to landfill in Ga when trash trucks from neighborhood don't even go directly to Ga landfill, they go to Rosehill.:waitasec:
My big question is...was this the same cop all three times?

I hate when people start their posts on forums with I heard but.......LOL

I heard AMW isn't on tonight because something else is on....is it sports game of some sort? (it's something) anyways, my point in this is AMV is at least trying to get a commercial to air during the game (or whatever it is) on Somer's murder.

Time will tell.

Edited to add: it might the World Series....goodness me I am so into this case I have no idea what else is happening in the world right now.

Yankees & Angels playoff game. World Series won't start until one of these teams win. :crazy:

Hey cam, try calling Justice Coalition (on San Juan Avenue); they're the ones arranging the fundraiser. Ask for Ann or anyone in her office.

OMG, I finally got here! Have been trying since yesterday.
Please let me say what's been burning inside of me-I couldn't post!
1)On the first thread, I think it was, Shutterfly posted an excellent image from Google Earth of the area Somer would have passed on her way home. There were several comments as to how the high privacy fences would have precluded anyone from seeing her, but I never saw anyone comment on how it would ALSO have prevented anyone from seeing what went on inside the yard! All someone had to do was get her behind the boards and make sure she couldn't scream.
2) Somer had already had a really bad day at school, if the fussing and fighting are true.
I can so easily see her wanting to hide and I can almost hear what she was thinking: "I'll show THEM!" "They'll be sorry!" "I just won't go home!"
And who of us hasn't said that/thought that, even as an adult?

I bet if you showed up shortly before 10 a.m. with some of your wonderful baked goods, they would happily accept them.

:blowkiss:

Hoppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members