FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Momma,

just thought of something. If they were speculating about falling in one of the tanks. (excuse my ignorance, are they hot?) they wouldnt prob be able to identify a birth mark?? And if she fell in tank - you think they would classify homicide? And how would she end up in (gulp) garbage. (gosh, writing that makes me ill everytime)
Am I so off base here??? I might just be really slow and lost today! So, please excuse me if I am making no sense ;)

Tanks around homes in Florida are normally used for heating and cooking (propane or natural gas).

As crowded as that neighborhood seemed during after-school hours, I would think the perp may have used chloroform (or some equivalent) to quiet Somer.

Momtective, I'm waiting for Thread 5 to reappear so I can see what discussion took place yesterday after I left (about trash pickup, residential pickup and commercial). If maps were posted, I won't bother reinventing the wheel.

I've had the exact same thoughts; or possibly a stun gun.

You guys don't forget to watch America's Most Wanted tonight - they're supposed to do a segment about Somer.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&source=hp&q=1080 Gano ave&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

i used google maps and used the street view option, wonderful navigation tool... anywayz the white truck shown at the property I am looking at could have been a person that used to live at the property in question. not sure when the photo was taken? but maybe, just maybe the past renter or whatever that lived there still frequents the neighborhood? just thinking out loud here. btw the location isn't really to far at all from the school. hopefully the link above can put some of other sleuthers on the trail here...

You guys don't forget to watch America's Most Wanted tonight - they're supposed to do a segment about Somer.

I hate when people start their posts on forums with I heard but.......LOL

I heard AMW isn't on tonight because something else is on....is it sports game of some sort? (it's something) anyways, my point in this is AMV is at least trying to get a commercial to air during the game (or whatever it is) on Somer's murder.

Time will tell.

Edited to add: it might the World Series....goodness me I am so into this case I have no idea what else is happening in the world right now.

See this is what makes me and most of us so angry.. why should that RSO have any rights??? If these monsters where out in the public more maybe there wouldn't be so many little children getting assaulted and murdered.. No they call civil rights so they can hide from public and go on doing their nasty crimes..
How do we know though that his offense 14 years ago wasn't consensual sex with an underage girlfriend? The charges/categories are too vague, imo. MOO

The AMW segment isn't confirmed just yet ~

"Hoping to generate more interest, Sheriff Rick Beseler plans to film a segment about the case today for the TV show "America's Most Wanted." It's unclear when that segment would air because the network is pre-empting tonight's show for the baseball playoff game. Host John Walsh is trying to convince network officials to air the segment during a commercial break in the game, but they have yet to agree, Justino said."

http://jacksonville.com/news/georgi...gress_being_made_toward_tracking_somers_path#

How do we know though that his offense 14 years ago wasn't consensual sex with an underage girlfriend? The charges/categories are too vague, imo. MOO

That's what his brother claimed in the video (link posted above)

However, didn't his record (posted here on thread #5) show something more???

"Hoping to generate more interest, Sheriff Rick Beseler plans to film a segment about the case today for the TV show "America's Most Wanted." It's unclear when that segment would air because the network is pre-empting tonight's show for the baseball playoff game. Host John Walsh is trying to convince network officials to air the segment during a commercial break in the game, but they have yet to agree, Justino said."

http://jacksonville.com/news/georgi...gress_being_made_toward_tracking_somers_path#

I LOVE back-up...thanks for being mine.

I agree. If the guy was 19 and had consensual sex with a 16 year old girlfriend I wouldnt necessarily claim that man a pedophile of any sort.

That's what his brother claimed in the video (link posted above)

However, didn't his record (posted here on thread #5) show something more???
Yes, I know. Maybe I overlooked something, but what I recall is one offense in 1995.

I agree. If the guy was 19 and had consensual sex with a 16 year old girlfriend I wouldnt necessarily claim that man a pedophile of any sort.
I just think they should be labeled to differentiate between the two types of offenses. MOO

Baseball playoff game tonight has been cancelled due to weather and rescheduled for tomorrow so maybe it will air tonight

Yes, I know. Maybe I overlooked something, but what I recall is one offense in 1995.

His brother also said he was 19 when it happened....

RSO's dob is November 1975....

Could the 1995 offense be what the bro is referring to?

I'm sorry if I'm missing something.

Finally caught up. Yes, I read FIVE threads. It sounds as if the perp is going to be arrested in this case sooner rather than later. I bet LE has their eye on someone and are now awaiting DNA results.
It's frightening how little Somer could disappear in broad daylight in the stretch between her siblings and the crossing guard(s).

I missed reading some but I hope the arrest is coming soon. My heart goes out to the mother & all family members. I can not imagine her pain.

Hey guys!! Sports fan here and the WS game tonight has been postponed (rain delay) and will be played tomorrow night.

Right now zap2it.com is showing "to be announced" for my local Fox station at the regular AMW time-slot.

Just FYI

It appears that the baseball playoff game has been cancelled due to rain.
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/10268402/Rain-postpones-ALCS-Game-6-to-Sunday

The game was cancelled due to rain so hopefully it'll air!

Going to what someone said about no talk about danger in the area from LE, etc. I wonder if that points more to that RSO that they found to now be in TX?

Are we totally sure he's out or could he be held on lesser charges of not filing about his location or something and it just not be public yet? :waitasec: Could we look back into seeing if there are public records in TX that might help in that regard?

Thus maybe explaining the no apparent concern in FL about someone loose there, the talk about it perhaps not being a RSO within 5 miles of her house, and also no concern about someone roaming free elsewhere?

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&source=hp&q=1080 Gano ave&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

i used google maps and used the street view option, wonderful navigation tool... anywayz the white truck shown at the property I am looking at could have been a person that used to live at the property in question. not sure when the photo was taken? but maybe, just maybe the past renter or whatever that lived there still frequents the neighborhood? just thinking out loud here. btw the location isn't really to far at all from the school. hopefully the link above can put some of other sleuthers on the trail here...

Was the link to the home that was searched?? To me that looked more like a mitsubishi montero - thoughts? Or I am I looking at the wrong house.

His brother also said he was 19 when it happened....

RSO's dob is November 1975....

Could the 1995 offense be what the bro is referring to?

I'm sorry if I'm missing something.
That is what I assumed. The only offense listed was when he was 19 y/o in 1995. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli