Found Deceased FL - Stephanie Chitwood Hollingsworth, 50, Belle Isle, 25 Sept 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The car not being found is really weird. I would think it hard to get far without the car showing up on a camera someplace. Even if she were intoxicated and met with foul play, what happened to the car?

Given that her husband indicated that Stephanie had issues with alcohol, and given that the Walmart video showed her purchasing a bottle of vodka, my first thought was that she may have blacked out and driven off a highway somewhere - with the Tahoe perhaps ending up deep in woods or in/under some water located adjacent to whatever highway she was traveling on (probably on her right side of the road).

I don't know if the Tahoe had On-Star, but if it did, I think that LE would have been able to locate the vehicle by now - especially if it were in woods somewhere off of a highway. I don't know enough about On-Star and other GPS systems, however, to know whether LE could use those systems to locate a vehicle that was submerged.

My guess though is that LE has looked (and is still looking) for any evidence that a vehicle may have left a highway along any probable route which Stephanie may have taken upon leaving the Walmart (if that is what she did). Sadly, I think a lake located immediately adjacent to a medium speed, slightly-curving highway, is the most likely scenario/location.

<modsnip>

I hope Stephanie is found safe, and soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Given that her husband indicated that Stephanie had issues with alcohol, and given that the Walmart video showed her purchasing a bottle of vodka, my first thought was that she may have blacked out and driven off a highway somewhere - with the Tahoe perhaps ending up deep in woods or in/under some water located adjacent to whatever highway she was traveling on (probably on her right side of the road).

I don't know if the Tahoe had On-Star, but if it did, I think that LE would have been able to locate the vehicle by now - especially if it were in woods somewhere off of a highway. I don't know enough about On-Star and other GPS systems, however, to know whether LE could use those systems to locate a vehicle that was submerged.

My guess though is that LE has looked (and is still looking) for any evidence that a vehicle may have left a highway along any probable route which Stephanie may have taken upon leaving the Walmart (if that is what she did). Sadly, I think a lake located immediately adjacent to a medium speed, slightly-curving highway, is the most likely scenario/location.

That said, the Ring video posted by Sissymay now has me scratching my head. That sure did look like Stephanie: right hair color, black shirt, black/dark pants. And if I'm not mistaken, she had what appeared to be a clear (vodka?) bottle in her right hand.

Has anybody been able to confirm that the woman seen in the Ring video at N Chickasaw and E Colonial at 5:31 am on 10/5 was in fact Stephanie? After the woman walks around the front of the white car and then walks past the driver's side door, she appears to toss a clear (vodka?) bottle in the direction behind the car. Had she been in the car drinking before the Ring video begins (had Stephanie just gotten out one of the passenger side doors)?

If the woman in the video was Stephanie, she appeared to leave that location in the dark, and on foot. This might bring an abduction scenario (or other mishap/ accident not involving the Tahoe) into play.

So to me, the first question is: was that Stephanie on the Ring video at 5:31 am at N Chickasaw and E Colonial on 10/5? If it was, I am less inclined to think that she maybe blacked out and drove her Tahoe off a highway somewhere into woods or a lake - and more inclined to think that some other accident/mishap may have occurred - or that foul play could be involved. All JMO

I hope Stephanie is found safe, and soon!

I completely agree! I'm hoping we get some clarification on if this is indeed Stephanie or not.

It’s been reported that she only had a quarter tank of gas. Family, Friends Gathering to Search for Missing Belle Isle Woman
Thank you - those old Tahoes are gas guzzlers according to a friend of mine - his late mother drove one - so if it gets 10/gallon and the tank held 26 gallons so about 6 gallons - so 60 mile radius from Walmart would be my guess - that is, if she never returned home that day.
JMO
ETA: link to Tahoe gas size
2000 chevy tahoe gas tank - بحث Google

Florida mother vanished after buying vodka at Walmart
New details released about last time missing Orange County mother was seen
69 Shares
wesh.png

Updated: 6:48 AM EDT Oct 7, 2020

BELLE ISLE, Fla. —
Since releasing new video of missing Orange County mother Stephanie Hollingsworth Monday night, the Belle Isle Police Department says it has gotten multiple new leads in her disappearance.

snipped
Stephanie Hollingsworth was last seen on Sept. 25 at the Walmart on Goldenrod Road. That was shortly after she withdrew $20 from a nearby ATM.

Surveillance video released by police Monday night shows Stephanie Hollingsworth inside the Walmart, and police said Tuesday that she purchased a bottle of vodka and a soda.

Police also said they know from the surveillance video that she left the store alone and got into her car alone.

Stephanie Hollingsworth’s husband, Scott Hollingsworth, said his wife has issues with alcohol and he wants the public to know that if she did end up under the influence, it likely left her in a position where she could have been very vulnerable to harm.

"She probably bought that and went and sat in a parking lot either right here, or near home, or somewhere very close to here, and that's why we think she was in a very vulnerable position and that's why we're asking everybody to continue to help, to help with our search,” Scott Hollingsworth said.
snipped
more at link

"We don't have any more information than that," her husband, Scott Hollingsworth, tells PEOPLE. "But she couldn't have made it far with only $20. She hasn't been seen, and the Tahoe hasn't been picked up on any intersection or toll road cameras."

The car not being found is really weird. I would think it hard to get far without the car showing up on a camera someplace. Even if she were intoxicated and met with foul play, what happened to the car?
The Tahoe has not been picked up on intersection or toll road cameras. I think they need to look in the waterways near Walmart and the bank. The vehicle missing makes me believe SH is with the vehicle. Sad ending.

I live within 5 miles of Stephanie Hollingsworth (we attended the same yoga studio, may have been in the same aerial classes together but I don't recall as it's been several months due to covid).

The idea of her crashing into a waterway around here definitely crossed my mind and could still be a possibility, but just to give some more context of this particular part of Orlando --

It is nonstop sprawl, stoplights and traffic. There are lots of retention ponds and waterways, but there is no way that around the mid- to late-afternoon hours of Friday that someone wouldn't see an SUV going under or into some Brazilian Pepper. There have definitely been stories of people under the influence crashing and drowning in retention ponds off the side of a highway, but there has always been someone who sees the crash.

If she were to have driven 15-ish miles east on 528, there are plenty of wide open spaces without a soul in sight. I am hestitant to believe this only because:

1. It is a pain in the butt to have to sit through afternoon traffic, plus get on the highway that is full of construction (all of them are here), and drive out a few dozen miles to get to an area where no one would notice if something happened to you. Especially if we're implying she was under the influence. I would imagine she'd be driving somewhat erratically.

2. I'm also hesitant to believe she drove that far out of the way to drink. I think this was meant to be a quick trip (especially considering she had 3 kids who are all school-aged). I kind of get the feeling that her family was in the process of addressing her alcoholism, that she was possibly in the very beginning of recovery and thus was why she "required care". If you listen to the way her husband described her when a reporter asked about her "mental issue", he had a lot of difficulty with it. It possibly sounded like he and his family had just come to terms, or addressed it in a way that brought a new level of awareness or action -- it's so difficult to have to admit something to yourself, let alone then have to tell the world about it, especially when it then has to do with a missing persons case. Granted, all speculation on my part, we obviously don't have the full picture.

I say all of this because it makes sense why she may have left her phone charging at home. I don't know about androids, but iphones can track and share your location with others you allow. It very well could have been that she just forgot her phone, or didn't usually bring it with her on quick trips, but my thought was that possibly she intentionally left it at home because her husband (or anyone else in her family) could easily see where her location was. If she leaves it at home, for anyone who checks her phone, she 'is' at home. Which to me would suggest she felt this would be a quick trip to get money out of the ATM (cash means no tracking that she went to a liquor store), purchase the vodka, and probably go somewhere close by to drink and head home before her family got home for the day. I feel like there had to have been a favorite spot close by that she has been to in the past, that she's gone to before to do the same thing. I just don't know where. It could have very well been a crowded parking lot, but surely a security camera would have recorded something?

I'm really worried that there is foul play and not that she ran off the road somewhere. Knowing these roads (I drove the same route last night she took), I just don't know how in the world someone wouldn't have noticed. The only way it's possible is if she found a spot to drink, and hours and hours went by until it was the middle of the night. Either way, it's definitely troubling.

Welcome to Websleuths, @lauren_ipsum!

Thank you for the insight into the local area, it's so helpful in visualizing an area, and knowing it would be highly unlikely she would go off the road unnoticed.

I'm very worried about self-harm.

Thank you!

Yes, this area is one of those places where a mile on the map can take 10 minutes sometimes just because of traffic and stoplights. Also not to mention that many of the bigger bodies of water within the city limits are only accessible from peoples backyards.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC
Back