GUILTY FL - Steven & Michelle Andrews, both 28, murdered, Fort Myers, 27 Dec 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SadieMae said:
This 2 year old could possibly have dialed 911. When my son was 14 months, I had my phone on speed dial to important numbers. I thought was just playing babbling on the phone and told him to hang it up now so he could get a bath. He kept saying "No, my Papa" so I just hung up the phone. Before I could get him up the stairs my phone rang, it was my Dad asking me why did I hang up on him! Ohmygosh, my son had been calling his Papa for over 2 weeks 3-4 times a day! :eek: He'd been calling my sister also. They thought I was calling them for him, but he knew even at that age which button to push to get his Papa. I just thought he was pretending he was talking on the phone. I showed him to dial 911 if "mommy got real sick" when he was 2. So it's possible that little guy knew how to get help for his parents.
What an adorable story:D

Whoever did this murder was someone close to that little boy. They didn't want him to suffer by being in the home alone with his murdered parents, they didn't want to kill him. It was someone who cared for the child. I wonder if there was family in the area?

mysteriew said:
Whoever did this murder was someone close to that little boy. They didn't want him to suffer by being in the home alone with his murdered parents, they didn't want to kill him. It was someone who cared for the child. I wonder if there was family in the area?

Do you think it is possible that one of the parents was able to make a 911 call, but not talk? I suppose that would be pretty obvious though, with the phone lying by one of the parents. Awful story!

lostfaith said:
Do you think it is possible that one of the parents was able to make a 911 call, but not talk? I suppose that would be pretty obvious though, with the phone lying by one of the parents. Awful story!

This is just my own opinion, but I think the murderer made the call. And told the kid that when the policeman comes you take him to Mommy. He will help Mommy.
I think the murders were committed by someone close to the family. They had recently moved to the area. There was no mention of the home being broke into. It is Christmas time, a perfect for a friend or family member to visit. I haven't heard enough to figure a motive or a suspect yet though.

mysteriew said:
This is just my own opinion, but I think the murderer made the call.
I totally agree... Just speculation here but I was thinking this sounds like something a woman would do. Possibly an old girlfriend of the husband. Maybe they left their previous residence to get away from her. She found them.

Yaya said:
I totally agree... Just speculation here but I was thinking this sounds like something a woman would do. Possibly an old girlfriend of the husband. Maybe they left their previous residence to get away from her. She found them.
I agree with you and mysteriew.
I think someone dialed 911 for the child.

What a sad, sad story and what a terrible thing for that child. :(

Such a young, beautiful, loving couple. This is not right at all.
I hope justice is served, but even so, nothing will bring them back.
:(

According to one of the above links, they moved there because that is where he found a job. The family and friends talked about how reluctant they were to move.
I feel like the relationship is closer. A close friend, or a relative. It would have been someone who loved the boy. They didn't want him to be there at the house alone too long, with the boys murdered parents.

mysteriew said:
The story link posted by IdahoMom stated his parents were visiting from Minnesota. But that wouldn't make sense for the parents to kill their son and wife, they seemed like a close family. The time of death was between 11pm-7am, and the call came in after 7am. Does it make sense for someone to stay in a home after they murder someone the night before. I'm sure the child would have been asleep that time of night.

mysteriew said:
According to one of the above links, they moved there because that is where he found a job. The family and friends talked about how reluctant they were to move.
I feel like the relationship is closer. A close friend, or a relative. It would have been someone who loved the boy. They didn't want him to be there at the house alone too long, with the boys murdered parents.
If it was someone close, couldn't the little boy tell them who was there that morning if asked? They both had jobs, so I think someone would have called to find out about them when they didn't show up or call in Tues morning. So maybe the child would have been alone for only a few hours that morning.

SadieMae said:
If it was someone close, couldn't the little boy tell them who was there that morning if asked? They both had jobs, so I think someone would have called to find out about them when they didn't show up or call in Tues morning. So maybe the child would have been alone for only a few hours that morning.

From what I have seen, the little boy has very limited verbal skills. At two and still in diapers, the little boy may have recognized who did it, but would probably be unable to tell.

Police: Former Edina Couple Murdered

sm
Lisa Kiava
Reporting

var title=charStrip("Police: Former Edina Couple Murdered"); writeClipImg(title, "http://wcco.com/crime/local_story_362190549.html", "saveit");
icon_plus_on.gif
Save It
story_email_icon.gif
Email It
story_print_icon.gif
Print It
(WCCO) Fort Myers, Fla. Florida authorities say they're close to finding closure in the case of a former Edina, Minn. couple found murdered in their Fort Myers home this week.

A spokesperson from the Lee County Sheriff's Office said autopsies of Steven and Michelle Andrews, both 28, ruled out a murder-suicide, and authorities believe the couple was targeted.

The couple was found dead in their Fort Myers, Fla. house shortly after 7 a.m. Tuesday. Their 2-year-old son was found unharmed in the house and was taken to family members.

Details of the autopies are not yet made public, as that could hurt the ongoing investigation. Police did say the killings suggested a specific motive.

Edit by amra for copyright.

LE must have a good idea what happened......
Luke is staying with his Grandparents, such a catastrophe.

I also feel it must be a old girlfriend. In the Xmas letter she stated how in love they were etc etc....that struck me as odd too. Not many people send out a Xmas letter like that. Kind of struck me like maybe they'd had problems.:twocents:

cheko1 said:
Details of the autopies are not yet made public, as that could hurt the ongoing investigation. Police did say the killings suggested a specific motive.

Investigators were following several leads and were hopeful the case would soon be resolved, officials said.

The county sheriff's office said Steven Andrews' parents were visiting from Minnesota when the couple was killed. They, along with Michelle Andrews' parents, were questioned by investigators, which is not unusual in a case such as this.

snip: Neighbors said Luke was found covered in blood.

Wonder where the parents were staying during their visit, and I wonder where they were when the couple was murdered?
Luke evidently tried to rouse his parents, at some point.

Or maybe a NEW girlfriend? If someone dialed 911 for the baby then they must have spent a long time in the home. Doesn't that mean they must have felt comfortable there?

Investigators believe murdered Fort Myers couple knew assailants

A slain couple, whose case gained national attention when it was reported that their 2-year-old son called 911, likely knew their attacker, police said Friday.

"We have a concerned community here who was wondering if this was some random act of violence," Lee County sheriff's spokeswoman Ileana LiMarzi said. "We believe it was someone who knows the victims, and that this is an isolated incident."

Full story... http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051230/APN/512300718

Also....

The Lee County Sheriff's major running the investigation into the slayings of a Gateway couple said this morning that it could be a week or longer before any arrest is made in the case, and that the killings were not random.

"I would hope we would have successful results quickly but it could take a week or more," said Maj. Jeff Taylor.

<< snip >>

"We're looking at some suspects," Taylor said. "I don't want to get into numbers."

Full story - http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051230/NEWS01/51230003/1075

The suspect who killed a former Edina couple at their Florida home likely knew the couple and could be arrested within days, authorities said.
Detectives were waiting for test results of DNA evidence obtained at the crime scene before making an arrest in the slayings of Steven and Michelle Andrews, both 28, said Ileana LiMarzi, public information officer for Lee County Sheriff's Office in Florida.
The couple moved to Florida from Edina in 2004, after Steven Andrews took a job there. Police found their bodies inside their home last week after responding to a 911 call.
She said authorities identified the suspect based on evidence collected at the crime scene and through interviews with people who knew the couple.
The 2-year-old boy was staying with his grandparents, who also live in South Florida, LiMarzi said.
http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/news/13524675.htm

I just read a brief article on a Fort Myers TV station site. It mentioned that LE doesn't believe the baby dialed 911 or the killer. Could it be that one of the parents were barely alive and managed to dial? This is a sad case too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back