Found Deceased FL - Taylor Wright, 33, Pensacola, 8 Sept 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Abudrake, did you know the friend that helped Taylor by putting the money in a safe deposit box prior to leaving the area? Is her existence as a friend of Taylor's new to you?

Abudrake,
Thank you for sharing what you know, that can give insight to the missing person here. Often as I am seeing here, we often wish to have a VI to help is fit together missing pieces.

I must say, I am a little unsure of some of the post comments I am reading from other members here. The thing we most often miss getting is the side no one wants to talk about. This is what we are getting from this VI. We always can see the "victim" in a good light from family and friends. Sometimes it is the opposite we miss to make sense of a missing persons "possible" frame of mind and capabilities. I have no clue what has happened to TW. I must say in looking through TW's FB, I am getting a vibe that can be a mix of things. I can see what the VI is stating, I can also see a possible dangerous situation happening as well.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I am a guest in your house here and it's not my place to say much on this topic...but in my short experience here it appears that you have two distinct classes of users. One is the 'sleuth' who wants evidence and facts in order to try and figure out what reality is - regardless of who that reality 'favors.' They want to crack the case, and they just might do it. The other group are cheerleaders for the victims - they don't seem to do much evidence-based analysis, but instead follow their hearts about who is Good and who is Bad. They appear to operate on hunches, feelings, stereotypes, and the like.

Do you often see conflict between the two groups?

I am a guest in your house here and it's not my place to say much on this topic...but in my short experience here it appears that you have two distinct classes of users. One is the 'sleuth' who wants evidence and facts in order to try and figure out what reality is - regardless of who that reality 'favors.' They want to crack the case, and they just might do it. The other group are cheerleaders for the victims - they don't seem to do much evidence-based analysis, but instead follow their hearts about who is Good and who is Bad. They appear to operate on hunches, feelings, stereotypes, and the like.

All the time!

I was wondering......
since she has this money ......Maybe she was going to go get her son too,
have u though of that?

Yes - we increased our local security posture just in case. But I think it's highly unlikely. Even if she got him, she'd have to isolate him from every other adult. He knows he's supposed to be up here with me, has my phone number committed to memory, and would quickly find his way back.

Abudrake, did you know the friend that helped Taylor by putting the money in a safe deposit box prior to leaving the area? Is her existence as a friend of Taylor's new to you?

I do not know that friend, and I'd never heard her name before. Taylor had only recently moved to Pensacola, from Destin. She had been in Navarre the previous year...new groups of friends are not a new thing.

Could she be in some serious trouble?
This would be the only reason a mom would not have contact with her child.

Why run away?

Also isn't it possible someone knew about the money and harmed her for it?

I do not know that friend, and I'd never heard her name before. Taylor had only recently moved to Pensacola, from Destin. She had been in Navarre the previous year...new groups of friends are not a new thing.
Okay. I was hoping that this friend and Taylor had perhaps common friends that you could think of to pass along their names to PPD in case those names hadn't surfaced yet in the investigation.

Very good analysis. As a side note, approx 80% of true crime followers are female. Not an exact percentage but my poor memory recalls it's an extremely high percentage

Is this friend the last person to see Taylor?

Could she be in some serious trouble?
This would be the only reason a mom would not have contact with her child.

Why run away?

Also isn't it possible someone knew about the money and harmed her for it?

Thought experiment: rephrase your wording a bit: "...this would be the only reason that my concept of someone who is a mom would not have contact with her child."

See the posts above. Taylor has many reasons to run away - all of them have to do with money and pride.

Yes - such a move is dangerous.

Is this friend the last person to see Taylor?

No - "other" girlfriend was last person to see her. "Safety Deposit Box/Moving Truck Friend" was with her the previous day.

You're right on with this observation. Sometimes when there is little info available, you'll see some crossover to the "feeling" driven side.

I think a lot of people that feel something bad has happened are basing that on her lack of contact with Drake. I believe you stated that it was just the last few months of so that they had been talking daily - is that correct? Was there ever a time when she went longer periods without contacting him?

I work in a residential mental health facility for kids and teens, so I've seen lots of behavior reminiscent of things you've said about Taylor. Her teenage years sound particularly familiar to me. Having witnessed these sorts of behavior patterns on a smaller scale, it's hard for me to feel too terribly alarmed by her lack of contact. I'd LIKE to think she wouldn't go this long without contact, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility by any means. What does make me concerned is that she sounds like she is somewhat impulsive, makes fast friends and might be too quick to trust, had large amounts of cash on her, and could be in situations where she is under the influence/in an altered state.

For these reasons, I'm going to refrain from trying to make a judgement about her disappearance being voluntary v. involuntary. It really could go either way.

Very good analysis. As a side note, approx 80% of true crime followers are female. Not an exact percentage but my poor memory recalls it's an extremely high percentage

Now who's stereotyping women?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes. In addition, some cases appear to be emotionally more charged than others.

Hunches and feelings are not a bad thing though imo. A balance is needed.

jmoo

You're right on with this observation. Sometimes when there is little info available, you'll see some crossover to the "feeling" driven side.

I think a lot of people that feel something bad has happened are basing that on her lack of contact with Drake. I believe you stated that it was just the last few months of so that they had been talking daily - is that correct? Was there ever a time when she went longer periods without contacting him?

I work in a residential mental health facility for kids and teens, so I've seen lots of behavior reminiscent of things you've said about Taylor. Her teenage years sound particularly familiar to me. Having witnessed these sorts of behavior patterns on a smaller scale, it's hard for me to feel too terribly alarmed by her lack of contact. I'd LIKE to think she wouldn't go this long without contact, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility by any means. What does make me concerned is that she sounds like she is somewhat impulsive, makes fast friends and might be too quick to trust, had large amounts of cash on her, and could be in situations where she is under the influence/in an altered state.

For these reasons, I'm going to refrain from trying to make a judgement about her disappearance being voluntary v. involuntary. It really could go either way.

A few months after she gave up custody, she went about 10 days without talking with him a few times. She isn't to blame here: Drake just didn't want to talk to her, and I made the mistake of having him call nightly. My intent was good: foment a close relationship between the two of them. But it created a forced, artificial tone to the conversations. So I slowly withdrew the frequency of how often I had him call her (and he never asked - and still doesn't). The frequency of her calls dropped off during this time too. Again, I don't blame her. They both needed some space.

Your third paragraph is highly relevant and accurate. These are exactly the circumstances that make me concerned for her safety as well.

I don't think this is a helpful comment. It's unlikely to encourage rational thought and cooperation. If you'd please remove it, I would be thankful. I want to keep the focus where it should be - cracking this case. That was the point of my original comment...if people are questing about with their feelings and making snap judgments, it will only make the job of the problem solvers harder. Unfortunately, I think your comment will have the same effect.

Anything new today??

Negative. I went back and reviewed my communications with Taylor's "original" girlfriend. After showing the convo to a person who is more skilled than me in reading between the lines, I concluded that she was being truthful when she said that she's not talked to her in ages. So it's probably an empty lead.

I'm sorry AbuDrake but I just have trouble understanding why a child (7 and under) would not yearn to talk to their mother....no matter what that mother may or may not have done. Appearing to not wonder or talk about his feelings seems unatural to me. Perhaps he has a better understanding of your feelings for her and doesn't wish to upset you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abi