Found Deceased FL - Taylor Wright, 33, Pensacola, 8 Sept 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could Taylor have changed her appearance by now? Abu, you mentioned the work she used to do for the PI firm involved watching people claiming to be disabled when they were not. I assume (but I might be wrong) that she has had some training in (and by the sound of it, a natural talent for) becoming inconspicuous, and blending in when needed, in addition to easily connecting with others in non-suspicious ways. Could she have become someone else, got false papers, a new life story, and a completely new look? Does she have visible physical features that cannot easily be changed?

Another thought I had, over the past three weeks, could she have communicated with Drake secretly in some way? It would explain why he doesn't seem to be missing her phone calls. Could she have told him to keep it a secret between the two of them? Could he have access to phones somewhere that you are not aware of (friend's house, school)?

I couldn't make an educated guess at whether she's changed her appearance. I can see her getting quite a thrill from doing so, however. It would fit her narrative well.

Drake is very American in that he is honest to a fault, and doesn't know how to keep a secret. Good line of thought, but I think there's zero chance that he's been in contact with her without me knowing.

I think it would also be a good idea to make Drake's school aware of what is going on and clarify with them who is and is not allowed to pick him up.

Yup, that was my first response...I spent the day reviewing our local security situation, talking with neighbors and school officials, etc. Good suggestion for sure!

[BBM]
Oh, but wait. I thought she was last seen on Friday, the 8th of September, getting into the Uber with the backpack containing $60K? Then, she last texted her son on Saturday night, the 9th of September. Or am I getting confused?

Several reports have gotten this detail wrong...you are not alone in being confused! She was last at 'home' with her girlfriend on the 7th, was last seen on the morning of the 8th leaving a different person's house, and was last heard from on the 9th when she texted Drake.

UBER , you have to download an app and you have to use the app to set a time for your Uber ride to get there! All your payment info is stored into the app so everything is all done online. You can choose your style of car as far as sedan, suv,etc, I've tried to use Uber a couple times and never figured out the app in time while hailing a cab instead!

I tried to use Uber, and accidentally applied for a job with them instead *lol*

Purely thinking out loud here. When you look at Taylor's pictures, her weight and complexion seem to have changed quite a bit in a few years. Was she into something? I think there was mention of her affair with someone who had a substance abuse problem

As a PI, are you ever given access to use aliases? I would assume that uber would be taking her somewhere local. After that, a plane or train ticket would require ID. Not sure about a bus.

Is it possible she manipulated the wrong person? Met someone who wasn't pleased she was ex law enforcement?

i may have missed this but who saw her leave with 60k in cash in a backpack? If I was leaving with that cash, I certainly wouldn't tell anyone how much I had!

The report about the cash is second-hand information. The original source is the friend who lent her the moving van, and appears to be a reliable person. Taylor had reportedly stored the cash and cashiers checks in that friend's safe deposit box @ Wells Fargo, and then got it (with the friend) from the bank the day before she disappeared. Again - this is second hand information but the sources have no reason to fabricate the info. Exaggerate for dramatic effect, possibly. But I'd assign this a reliability assessment code (RAC) of F3 or F2.

I'm ignorant as to how the girlfriend would have access to the "IP6 address" that would indicate from where the text to her son, allegedly sent by Taylor, originated. Wouldn't the girlfriend have had to get that information off Taylor's phone itself?

No - Taylor left her laptops at the house. The laptops were unlocked and logged into her Gmail account. The girlfriend took a picture of the recent logins, which Google provides as a security measure.

AbuDrake, if Taylor and her friend went into Wells Fargo to access the safe deposit box then there should be video confirmation of Taylor in the bank. Do you know if Pensacola PD has been able to confirm this second-hand information?

Do you know (without naming) who it was that saw Taylor leaving another woman's place on Friday morning the 8th?

Several reports have gotten this detail wrong...you are not alone in being confused! She was last at 'home' with her girlfriend on the 7th, was last seen on the morning of the 8th leaving a different person's house, and was last heard from on the 9th when she texted Drake.

Thank you for clarification and further clarification requested.

She was at home with her girlfriend on the 7th...evening, afternoon? This is the home she moved into? Where her car and the u-haul containing her personal property sits? Did she stay home all night? Or did she go out?
She was last seen on the 8th leaving a different person's house?..how did she get to said other person home if her car was left behind? What time did she get to said different person's home? Does the girlfriend know this person? Did she drop her off there for some reason?
Is it a tall tale about the backpack and money then?
And last heard from on the 9th when she texted Drake, what time and did you read the texts, was it a normal Taylor text?

First, thank you, thank you AbuDrake for coming here and providing an insight in to Taylor. Personal insight is very important in any investigation (as you well know).

I have a few questions for you AbuDrake.

I am assuming that if she traveled somewhere they would be able to track her movements on a plane, train, or bus....

You have said that self harm is unlikely. In reading this thread, before getting to this quote, self-harm was on my mind. I am wondering about this for a couple of reasons. If she was accustomed to getting away with deception, maybe her "house of cards" was coming down. Maybe she felt cornered and didn't know a way out. I know of many narcissists that I would have never dreamed that they would harm themselves (because they love themselves too much), but they did. Taking a quick breath, is there any way that the pressure was becoming too much? Is there any chance that this could be a possibility.

I am concerned about a romantic love triangle. The areas of concern for harm usually come from
a) money
b) romance
c) personal revenge
d) stranger danger

I find the area of money on her person to be especially concerning. If she thought she met a "new" friend, she could have been a target. Some money missing does also concern me. If police are considering her disappearance voluntary, they may be missing an opportunity to find clues in the missing money. The new romance, maybe an even newer romance, or someone promising to help her get out of paying you...

If she is off the grid, she may just be holing up somewhere with someone new. She could hide for a long time with that amount of cash. However, she may eventually come out of hiding if she cannot keep a long-term commitment with someone else.

I appreciate your openness and candor. I do ask, have the police "investigated" you for involvement in her disappearance?

Someone mentioned that she was seen with Drake recently. When did he return to you?

A comment by Nancy was peculiar to me. She basically said she didn't think this was in character for Taylor. I would think a mom - even an adoptive one - would say emphatically, "THIS IS NOT in her character to be out of touch with me... her son... her loved ones... I found it a little odd. Has she been out of touch with her mom lately?

I am also concerned about mental stability. When did it show up in her other family member? Could she have been declining due to a mental illness not yet admitted?

Self harm is possible but doesn't fit the Taylor I know. But you are right - maybe her world is crumbling and she's thinking in ways I've never seen.

The police would be derelict in their duties if they didn't look into a missing person's ex, and we have indeed spoken for hours. But the conversation is much like what you've seen here - I have information about who she is, what she does, and how she acts, and I'm trying to get that information out there so she can be found.

That report about her being with Drake was taken out of context in the news article. The neighbor was talking about the summer. He's been back with me since mid August.

I'm impressed that you picked up on that friction between her an Nancy. I previously wrote a bit to explain the background behind it, but a user objected. I agree with her objection: it's not my place to share Nancy's thoughts. What is relevant here is that while Nancy is upset with Taylor, she's more than willing to look past that if it will keep her safe. Her response to all of this is to 'close ranks' around Taylor and protect the person she has decided is an innocent victim, and to adapt whatever evidence she sees to fit that narrative. I am gathering that Nancy's instinct is not an unusual one...

I am hesitant to divulge Taylor's family's information here. The takeaway for our purposes here is that yes, declining mental health in her 30s may have a genetic component.

Very uncomfortable with her mother being brought into this.Please let her speak for herself.

My question #1: Which girlfriend saw Taylor with the money? Was it the "roommate girlfriend", or the "different girlfriend"?

My question #2: Did the "different" girlfriend actually report that she saw Taylor getting into the Uber on Friday morning? If not, then who did? A neighbor? We don't expect identification of that person, just asking where that report of someone seeing Taylor getting into the Uber came from. Just the knowledge that you are aware that this report is credible.

"Roommate girlfriend" relayed to me that Taylor was leaving "different girlfriend"s house on Friday moring...relayed by "Different girlfriend." After Taylor went missing, "roomate" called "different" and apparently both of them found out about their respective relationships? Separate friend (who is married with children and owns a business) is the one whose safe deposit box was used.

Bear in mind that I have spoken with "roomate" for hours and hours. She has a reliability code of "B" with me, downgraded from "A" only because of her 180 on her willingness to forgive Taylor. I have never spoken with the "different" girlfriend. So that puts this entire exchange at a credibility of 2 or 3.

Ok, I'm going to go there. I mean no disrespect to you AbuDrake. You have provided us with information and your time. I'm sure we all appreciate that. Here goes nothing:

Were you questioned as a possible POI? If so, what cleared you?

My apologies if anyone finds this question offensive, but I'm not sure anyone asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No disrespect taken - it'd be foolish not to question her ex, especially one in my profession, and especially given what she's put me through.

Unfortunately I don't have an exciting answer for you. I don't know that I have been cleared, or that I haven't. I'd be pretty disappointed in PPD if they did tell me, either way..probably more useful to say little to me and keep the information flowing one direction. And what would that look like, anyway? But seeing as they've been asking almost nothing about me (and focusing on what I know about Taylor), I think they've made the correct judgment here. I'm just trying to help, and I think they see that. And I hope that anyone else who has a doubt will familiarize themselves with the facts of the case (go read the court documents) before jumping to the most exciting and dramatic conclusion.

Occam's razor is useful. I'm here for simple, boring reasons. #1, I want to help my son's mother be found, if possible. It's the right thing for him, and it's also a matter of personal pride to maintain loyalty even when I've been wronged. #2 is that I'm in dire financial straits because of this divorce, and she's taken off with huge amounts of my money. It would be dishonest for me to omit that part of my motivation for wanting to find her is so I can recoup my money from the person who took off with it. But that's #2 for a reason.

Abu, if I remember correctly you said TW moved in with the newer gf in August and started dating her in March. How long ago did TW stop dating the older gf that moved into your and TW's house a month after you moved out?

Relationship with "original" girlfriend ended in June '15, but they saw each other several times after that. Last time I know they were together was...May '16?

AbuDrake, if Taylor and her friend went into Wells Fargo to access the safe deposit box then there should be video confirmation of Taylor in the bank. Do you know if Pensacola PD has been able to confirm this second-hand information?

Do you know (without naming) who it was that saw Taylor leaving another woman's place on Friday morning the 8th?

PPD hasn't told me - and it would probably be bad form to do so. I'm a witness, not part of their team.

"Roommate" girlfriend spoke with "other" girlfriend, whose house it was that she took the Uber from. (As reported from "Roommate" to me.)

Thank you for clarification and further clarification requested.

She was at home with her girlfriend on the 7th...evening, afternoon? This is the home she moved into? Where her car and the u-haul containing her personal property sits? Did she stay home all night? Or did she go out?
She was last seen on the 8th leaving a different person's house?..how did she get to said other person home if her car was left behind? What time did she get to said different person's home? Does the girlfriend know this person? Did she drop her off there for some reason?
Is it a tall tale about the backpack and money then?
And last heard from on the 9th when she texted Drake, what time and did you read the texts, was it a normal Taylor text?

I don't know when they were together on the 7th. Taylor was in the process of moving in - most of her stuff was still in the box truck, sitting in the driveway.

These are all good questions and I have no answers - only the reports I've been passed from "roommate."

Yes - normal Taylor text.

Do you know how that IPv6 was obtained? Did that come from a log file? Some App? Generally those aren't displayed to end users.

"Roommate" girlfriend opened Taylor's computer, took picture of Gmail's recent activity. Texted the picture to me, and I plotted the IPv6 address.

PPD hasn't told me - and it would probably be bad form to do so. I'm a witness, not part of their team.

"Roommate" girlfriend spoke with "other" girlfriend, whose house it was that she took the Uber from. (As reported from "Roommate" to me.)
I was hoping that perhaps there was some confirmation of Taylor's movements up to a certain place or time that doesn't come from lone witnesses which seems to be all we have in terms of placing up until she vanishes.

I don't know much about criminal justice, to be honest, so I can't speak to whether her arrest would be accessible to a LE HR department. But I was very explicit in my dealings with the DA: I requested charges to be dropped and to make sure that this didn't impact her ability to work and thrive in her chosen profession.

I appreciate the offer of help, and will let you know if anything comes up. I lived in Gulfport for a while - really enjoyed my time in that part of the world!
Oh yes, the Mississippi gulf coast is a wonderful area. As for the background check, if they run a standard criminal background check then only convictions would show up, unless there was something pending. I work in HR at a large global corporation, and that is the type of the criminal background checks we have done on potential hires. I just wondered if, being the police department, they might want a more thorough background investigation. I am going to assume not, though!

All MOO, as always.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members