Found Deceased FL - Taylor Wright, 33, Pensacola, 8 Sept 2017 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like she is no longer in the infirmary.

MCARTHUR, ASHLEY (W/ FEMALE / DOB: 8/22/1977 )
Booking No: ECC17JBN014748 MniNo: ECC17MNI004994
Booking Date: 10/19/2017 19:01:19
Age On Booking Date: 40
Bond Amount: $1000000.00
CELL Assigned:
Facility: ECSO , Dorm: B6 , Pod: B6 , Cell No: BLU Visitation Schedule
Address Given:
CHARGES
STATUTE COURT CASE NUMBER CHARGE DEGREE LEVEL BOND
[+] 782.04.2 17WAR029985 (ESCAMBIA COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE) HOMICIDE F F $1000000.00

I wonder if she turned Taylor's phone off when she took it to Alabama thinking that the phone could not be traced while off? I have read LE can still ping a phone that is shut off as long as the battery is in it and has a charge/the phone is not damaged. I don't know how true that is, however. Any cell phone experts want to weigh in?
I believe Taylor's phone had to be on. The last two times mentioned in the search warrant concerning Taylor's phone - around 8pm CT on Saturday correspond to the approximate time (about 9pm ET) that Taylor's son called and then was sent a text back.

ETA: If you read the warrants you only see location information for when calls or SMS text messages were made or received.

There has to be more of a motive. AM family is very well off. If AM was facing serious jail time, her family had the means to get her out of it. Not to mention it makes no sense that TW had a $19000 cashiers check and other expensive valuables right at the place she was staying. Why would TM give someone the $34000 when the $19000 she had was not even half of that amount...sitting right at where she lived. That doesn't add up. It also seems strange that TW girlfriend would let AM come move out TW's personal belongings that soon after she disappeared to AM's business. None of it makes sense. JMO

There has to be more of a motive. AM family is very well off. If AM was facing serious jail time, her family had the means to get her out of it. Not to mention it makes no sense that TW had a $19000 cashiers check and other expensive valuables right at the place she was staying. Why would TM give someone the $34000 when the $19000 she had was not even half of that amount...sitting right at where she lived. That doesn't add up. It also seems strange that TW girlfriend would let AM come move out TW's personal belongings that soon after she disappeared to AM's business. None of it makes sense. JMO
That's what I am screaming!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

There is likely something else afoot here.

Welcome curious17! :welcome:

I agree a lot doesn't make sense. IMO, without knowing more about AM's history with money it's hard to say if her wealthy family would bail her out. Her family might have declined to bail her out again if this was a life pattern of making bad money decisions. And asking her family to replace the money stolen from the employee's paychecks would also mean admitting to her family that she had stolen the money or coming up with some other believable story of how it got lost and why she could not replace it herself. Her stealing and lies may have snowballed to the point where she did what she did. Her motive would not just be money but also staying out of jail and protecting her reputation and her businesses reputation-- her business and livelihood was at stake. JMO.

Welcome curious17! :welcome:

I agree a lot doesn't make sense. IMO, without knowing more about AM's history with money it's hard to say if her wealthy family would bail her out. Her family might have declined to bail her out again if this was a life pattern of making bad money decisions. And asking her family to replace the money stolen from the employee's paychecks would also mean admitting to her family that she had stolen the money or coming up with some other believable story of how it got lost and why she could not replace it herself. Her stealing and lies may have snowballed to the point where she did what she did. Her motive would not just be money but also staying out of jail and protecting her reputation and her businesses reputation-- her business and livelihood was at stake. JMO.

<modsnip> Crazy theory here, but maybe the real motive was hiding this all from Z. Maybe he thought the wealthy parents gave her the $34k. Maybe she was scared of losing her 5th/6th husband or whatever...<modsnip>. It’s obvious she was trying to hide it from Z not wanting TW around him. JMO

Trying to save her 6th marriage could certainly be added to the pile of motives (replying to curious17 above as the quotes seems to have gotten messed up). If her family always helped her out and covered for her before that could also be a reason why she thought she could get away with murder. I don't think any motive is reason enough to murder someone but a manipulative liar and thief who thinks she will get away with it might not need as compelling of a motive. JMO.

I would think that Taylor being ex-LE, and having worked and seen the dregs of society, that she wouldn't have been very trusting of a lot of people. Every cop I know is acquaintances with many but with very few real friends. They just don't open up.

However, they do trust one another, and AM worked for LE in the forensics lab. Add to that her husband is LE. That might have been close to bough for Taylor to trust her. I have to work nicer if Taylor even knew about the larceny arrest and charges of AM.

First time poster here- excuse the basic formatting etc. I haven't quite gotten to grips with quoting posts for reference yet.

I have spent the past few days reading both threads for this case from start to finish whenever I get the chance. There are a few things I just don't get and wondered if I'd missed something.

Firstly, was Taylor reported missing on the 10th or the 14th? I know the warrants state 14th but Fleurde confirmed 10th more than once and when abudrake questioned this saying it seemed very soon considering she had been told Taylor was going away for a few days, Fleurde responded she had never believed TW would go away without discussion so she reported it right away. (to clarify I am not doubting Gf here, just don't know how to quote and referencing from memory as it ties in to my next question!)

I also was confused as to why GF would allow AM to remove TWs belongings after she had been reported missing. I know in an earlier post somebody answered this by saying it was just the stuff that had been left in the truck and AM had taken it as it belonged to her. I don't think this is the case though, the warrant stated that the belongings in the warehouse included a toothbrush and hairbrush- things that would have been unpacked on day one of the move, a week before she went missing, surely? The warrant also states the boxes took up too much room inside the home. I think the fact the gf took a detailed list of the contents of the boxes AND took pictures shows she was interested in keeping Taylors belongings safe.
I was wondering specifically if this would have been something the police suggested, as they advised not to put up posters and the like, to give AM a false sense of security? If this was the case would that be noted in the warrant? I can't think of another reason why the GF who reported Taylor missing after two days because she suspected something had happened would trust her belongings to the person she clearly suspected.

Lastly, for now, were the boxes moved to the warehouse at the same time the car was moved "for safekeeping"?

RIP Taylor, so sorry to Fleurde and little Drake xx

Lastly, for now, were the boxes moved to the warehouse at the same time the car was moved "for safekeeping"?

RIP Taylor, so sorry to Fleurde and little Drake xx

Apparently many of Taylor's belongings were inside a box truck owned by AM's company. Fluerde can't say too much about AM removing her company's box truck.

I expect that Fluerde agreed with LE picking up Taylor's vehicle and may have asked LE to do this.

COninuted paryers here for rest & comfort for Fluerde, Drake, Nancy, and AbuDrake and all who care about Taylor.

Apparently many of Taylor's belongings were inside a box truck owned by AM's company. Fluerde can't say too much about AM removing her company's box truck.

yep, I know some of her belongings were still in the truck, I'm wondering more about the belongings that were not in the truck when Taylor went missing. Boxes that were, according to the warrant, taking up too much room inside the home so were moved to AMs warehouse along with the stuff that had remained in the truck.

curious17, it sounds as if you know AM and her family. Is that correct?

BBM. Someone that devious is also often charming and convincing in their lies. AM has had 6 husbands according to her name history/divorce records. AM may have used her previous divorce experience to convince Taylor she was an expert in divorce. She may have convinced Taylor she would be better off taking the money out and hiding it rather than leaving it in the bank where it could get frozen again. She could have been listening to Taylor's divorce woes for months pretending to be sympathetic to her and feigning that she had the same things happen to her with her previous divorces. This could have been a very long con job on AM's part to get her hands on the money. JMO.

This has crossed my mind as well.

It also seems strange that TW girlfriend would let AM come move out TW's personal belongings that soon after she disappeared to AM's business. None of it makes sense. JMO

Is it possible that CW did that at the advice of LE in attempt to set things in motion for a probable cause warrant to search the warehouse. Just seems mighty convenient that all the DNA evidence of Taylor before death was all stored in one a property belonging to their only suspect. Making it extremely easy for LE to obtain all the evidence needed to convict. Seems very calculated to me.

Is it possible that CW did that at the advice of LE in attempt to set things in motion for a probable cause warrant to search the warehouse. Just seems mighty convenient that all the DNA evidence of Taylor before death was all stored in one a property belonging to their only suspect. Making it extremely easy for LE to obtain all the evidence needed to convict. Seems very calculated to me.

It's possible but I don't know that LE would take such a big risk that the evidence could be destroyed or "go missing" later. IMO, I suspect that the transfer of items happened very early on and before Fleurde had time to process what was going on. We know from our other VI, AbuDrake, that Ashley acted angry at Taylor for running off and leaving her stuff in AM's truck and AM said she needed the truck back for her business. I'm guessing AM put pressure on Fleurde to get the items out of the truck, asap, and offered her warehouse as a solution, even offering to let Fleurde sign an inventory list so it seemed professional. It was probably done with the thought that if Taylor really left, then her things would be there when she came back. I can't explain the items from the house being packed up and sent to the warehouse too, but I'm going to give Fleurde the benefit of the doubt that she had good reasons for doing that and it made sense to her at the time it was done. Now that we know what happened to Taylor it is easy to look back and say "that doesn't make sense," but very early in this case we had LE saying publicly they thought she was voluntarily missing (which could have been a bluff), her ex-husband saying running off with the money seemed like something she would do and nearly half the board here saying they thought she was gone on her own with the money. I'm sure for the first few weeks her loved ones HOPED she was alive and would come back, even if things didn't seem right. No one wants to believe that someone they love could have been murdered by a friend they trusted. JMO.

yep, I know some of her belongings were still in the truck, I'm wondering more about the belongings that were not in the truck when Taylor went missing. Boxes that were, according to the warrant, taking up too much room inside the home so were moved to AMs warehouse along with the stuff that had remained in the truck.

We were told, by AbuDrake that, initially, when TW went missing, Fleurde was angry that TW left, left her, without discussion or contact, as she was told by AM. Plus sent the &#8220;I&#8217;ve &#8216;got to get away&#8217; &#8221; text screenshots by AM. Who wouldn&#8217;t be angry! After a few days, AbuDrake said Fleurde did a 180, realized TW would never leave her like that. Perhaps in those first hours (days) of anger, things got moved out of the house into the truck? AM was taking Fleurde down that anger trail and I&#8217;m glad she snapped out of it. Otherwise, Taylor might never have been searched for, but for the love of Fleurde for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member