Found Deceased FL - Taylor Wright, 33, Pensacola, 8 Sept 2017 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So last night they announced she was being charged with 1st degree premeditated homicide and today they have already reduced the charges to 2nd degree and she is out on bond? :notgood:

It is confusing, no doubt, but some states have a rule where the most a DA can do on their own is charge 2nd Degree and only a Grand Jury can indict on first degree.

I am not sure how it is in this state but the same thing may have to be done and only First Degrees are handed down by a GJ indictment.

It is confusing, no doubt, but some states have a rule where the most a DA can do on their own is charge 2nd Degree and only a Grand Jury can indict on first degree.

I am not sure how it is in this state but the same thing may have to be done and only First Degrees are handed down by a GJ indictment.

Maybe they are going to charge another individual with 1st Degree?

In Florida -[FONT=&quot] all first-degree murder cases must be presented to a grand jury.[/FONT]

http://www.sao9.net/faqs/
The Grand Jury serves as a very special function in Florida’s criminal courts. The only charge a State Attorney cannot file based on his or her constitutional authority is first-degree murder. All first-degree murder cases must be presented to a grand jury.

Maybe they are going to charge another individual with 1st Degree?

I really think she may be the only murderer involved. But I just posted a link stating in Florida the DA must go to a GJ to obtain any first degree murder indictment.

Right now, she is being charged with second degree just like Dunn was originally charged when he shot into a vehicle with young teens in it murdering one of them. The same thing happened when Mark Sievers and Rogers were first arrested for the murder of Dr. Sievers. The GJ on all three men indicted them on first degree.

Its just a process the state must go through on all first degree murder charges. Imo, she will be indicted for first degree by a GJ.

Yep, Florida is under that rule. 1st Degree murder charges can only be done by a Grand Jury.

In Florida, a first-degree murder charge can only be approved by a grand jury.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...uspect-first-degree-murder-jacksonville-teens

She will be indicted on first degree murder. The DA will go to the GJ to get the charges bumped up to first degree.

In Florida -[FONT=&amp] all first-degree murder cases must be presented to a grand jury.[/FONT]

http://www.sao9.net/faqs/
The Grand Jury serves as a very special function in Florida’s criminal courts. The only charge a State Attorney cannot file based on his or her constitutional authority is first-degree murder. All first-degree murder cases must be presented to a grand jury.

Thank you both for clearing that up!

Thank you both for clearing that up!

You are most welcome.

So we can all rest easy because the 2nd degree charge is just temporary until the DA takes the evidence to the GJ and they will do so, imo.

This was way too calculated for it to be a 2nd degree case. Imo, the case is going to be elevated to the top charge. Since greed and murdering someone for financial gain is one of the prongs that can be used in deciding if a case is death penalty qualified the DA can certainly even make this case a death penalty case.

IMO

Some additional news coverage:
http://www.register-herald.com/regi...cle_9cb9c778-19a5-5ba4-8565-6a8e827f3398.html
http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171020/jacksonville-police-mourn-slain-former-officer
http://www.wcti12.com/news/local-ne...lle-pd-officer-found-woman-arrested/642113483

Nice statement about Taylor from the 2nd link (BBM):
Wright served with the Jacksonville Police Department from January 2008 to August 2009 and July 2012 to December 2013, according to a press release from the department.

“Officer Taylor Wright was a brave and spirited young officer, who we were happy to rehire to service when she returned to the area in 2012,” Deputy Chief Timothy A. Malfitano wrote in the release. “She was a loved and valued member of our law enforcement family. We offer our heartfelt condolences to Taylor’s family and friends.”

:tears:

This newly updated article (same link) does not show that she was released, only that bond was set.

http://www.pnj.com/story/news/crime...e-investigator-taylor-wright-found/782741001/

So maybe she is still in custody?

Also new from that link:
A Sheriff's Office spokesperson confirmed McArthur worked as a Sheriff's Office crime scene technician from approximately June through November of 2006. McArthur resigned voluntarily, according to the spokesperson.

This still shows that she is in jail. I hope that is where she stays.

http://inmatelookup.myescambia.com/smartwebclient/jail.aspx#

I hope so too! Incidentally, I accidentally typed in Taylor's last name when I meant to look up Ashley McArthur. There is a younger person with a very similar name to Taylor Wright (first and middle name same as TW but reversed order) that has committed previous offenses in and around Pensacola. I had to do a double take at first because this other woman was also booked into the jail today. Interesting coincidence.... :thinking: Anyway, just a warning for others not to make the same mistake as I did. :facepalm:

I hope so too! Incidentally, I accidentally typed in Taylor's last name when I meant to look up Ashley McArthur. There is a younger person with a very similar name to Taylor Wright (first and middle name same as TW but reversed order) that has committed previous offenses in and around Pensacola. I had to do a double take at first because this other woman was also booked into the jail today. Interesting coincidence.... :thinking: Anyway, just a warning for others not to make the same mistake as I did. :facepalm:

Oy - is that the baby throwing person?

*Respectfully Snipped* I am their next-door neighbor.

Welcome DazandIn! Just wanted to let you know that we can't discuss Ashley's husband or anyone else as a suspect under the rules here. We are only allowed to discuss him if he is named as a suspect by police or the press. Your post will probably get mod snipped but I hope you will stick around
. :welcome4:

Just adding my love and warm thoughts to those who knew and loved Taylor. This case has rocked me like few have. My heart breaks for those who live on without her, those who got to know her as they investigated, those of us here who had such high hopes that she'd be back... but most of all for the total inhumanity.

We have seen it countless times here on WS, but it never, ever gets easier.

If so many of us surmised it was the "friend" (not even typing her name here), LE must have been on her tail right away too. I am glad this did not drag on any longer. Rest now, sweet momma.

I'm so shocked by this, I can't even think straight right now. I knew this was a possibility, but how does someone do this to someone they call a friend???

My sweet friend, Jamie, was also murdered over stolen (embezzled, in her case) money by her husbands best friend and the best man in their wedding. It, too, was premeditated. Even after that, I still can't wrap my head around the fact that these heinous acts are a reality in our world.

I can't help but wonder if that "something's not right" comment had more to do with the money than the divorce proceedings. Maybe she sensed something was up with Ashley, or she had tried to get the money BEFORE the court date she had pushed back but Ashley made an excuse as to why they couldn't.

I'm sorry I've been the jerk promoting the theory that Taylor went missing voluntarily. The more I learned, the more suspicious I became of the friend, but I wanted to believe Taylor was okay. I'm Taylor's age and a mother, as well, and the thought of her life ending so prematurely right when things finally seemed to be going in the right direction for her, makes me sick. The thought of her sweet son having to grow up without his mom makes me sick. This whole thing makes me absolutely sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You were not a jerk! We were all sharing thoughts and opinions about what may have happened to Taylor and why.

You shared your ideas, and had good logic for your opinion. There were legit reasons for why Taylor could have voluntarily left.

We were trying to sleuth with such limited information available to us too.

The one thing I could never get past was the texts, whether she sent them herself, and why she would have left at that point with so many things undone. Didn't make sense.

Yet, as others pointed out, if she had voluntarily left, that could have been the exact reason she would have done so - that she was upset with the divorce and custody issues. Therefore, not thinking straight.

Which made sense too.

Sharing our thoughts and logic helped everyone. All of our opinions are important. Even if we don't agree.

In fact, especially when we don't agree. Differing opinions help us all move the process forward.

You were never a jerk!

A special thanks to Gardener1850, for all the hard work on the entire thread, especially the timeline.

( Personal thanks to you too, Gardener1850, for your kind post in regard to my 'faux pas' one, right before the news broke about her death. Appreciate that! )

Big thanks too to Jethro4WS for keeping us focused every step of the way.

Not enough thanks can be said either for the courage and steadfastness of AbuDrake and fleurde, our VIs who gave their time, and endured our questions.

Our hearts truly go out to them!

Personally, I'm still reeling. It will take me a while to process this terrible news.

As tragic as this is, it has been very heartwarming to see how much everyone here cares about Taylor.

WS really IS special...

JMO

between Taylor and Rachel/Joseph, I just can't WS today. Love and hugs all around. Be good to yourselves and those you love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeJunkieCory