FL - Terry 48, & Brenda Aultman 55, stabbed to death while biking, Daytona Beach, 6 Mar 2022 *Arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you. I also wonder if the GA is for Georgia.
Hi, AtlantaBourne,
Yep, GA could be for Georgia. GA is also street slang for general assistance as in "hey bro, i gotta go snag my GA". I'm not kidding you at all. Also, and not to be pejorative, "ga" are the last two letters in a five-letter word that appears in a lot of hip-hop and rap music.

This double murder has been described by the police as "extremely gruesome" and occurred during the 'Bike Week' motorcycle fest. The victims were riding bicycles at the time.

Description of the suspect is limited. Police are not sure if the couple (husband and wife) were targeted or if the crime was random. Likewise, Police unsure if the crime was related to 'Bike Week' events.

Florida couple found dead 'most vicious' crime police chief has seen in 20 years: 'Deranged'
A friend suggested that I read up on this case because she sees similarities to the Katherine Janness case here in Atlanta.
After reading this article I see similarities:
1/police chief says most vicious crime he has seen in 20 years. Deranged. Similar to statements made by LE in ATL.
2/ police arrived at each crime scene about 1am
3/both crimes occurred in a public area. Other people in shouting range.

am I leaving anything out?

His build, specifically the stronger upper body and weak lower body reminds me of people who spend time in prison. They seem to tend to build core,upper body strength and neglect quads and calves. This guy has done time. MOO.

A friend suggested that I read up on this case because she sees similarities to the Katherine Janness case here in Atlanta.
1/police chief says most vicious crime he has seen in 20 years. Deranged. Similar to statements made by LE in ATL.

Hi, K.jill,
Thanks for the suggestion. I looked up Katherine Janness as you advised and i agree with you that it seems very similar. The video below is a news report of her murder and includes photos of people coming and going through an entrance to Piedmont Park around the time that the homicide occurred. Check out the guy in the top left corner beginning at seconds 1 through 10 or so. He looks somewhat like the suspect in Daytona Beach in the Aultman couple's murders. The guy I'm referring to is in the top left corner and also in the bottom right in the video below. he is carrying a cane in his right hand and something else in his left hand when going into and when going out of the park. He's wearing white pants, a white wife-beater undershirt and has a fit physic. Police said that they wanted to talk to all of the people in the photos. So, I wonder if they were able to talk with this man.

hi K,jill,

That both crimes involved the murder of two individuals at the same time, although one was a beloved pet dog, it does make it seem like both murders involved an aspect of sadism and a desire to see the anguish of one victum while murdering the loved companion in front of the other victim. Have you read if perhaps Katherine's dog was attacked first and if it could be determined if she then tried to stop such an attack on her dog? Perhaps Terry Aultman was killed first since he was bigger and stronger than his wife Brenda. in both cases, it must have occurred quickly since the risk of discovery would be pretty high given that at least one of the victims could have gotten away or called out loudly for help. I agree with someone who posted earlier that the killer of the Aultmans must have stopped them on a pretense of some sort and that the attack must have come quickly and out of the blue from the perspective of the victims. i wonder if the murder scene in Katherine's case shows if her pet was killed first and if it happened quickly. i hope that this guy is found quickly so that the families in both cases and society as a whole can be confident that justice will be delivered.

If the clothes this guy is wearing are representative of his usual style, it seems that he would be noticed and remembered by a lot of people on the street and in any business he enters. I live in Texas and I still notice men who wear cowboy hats on the street.

I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but some wear cowboy hats because they are useful, others wear them for show. No real self-respecting cowboy would walk down the street in this guy's get-up. White pants and a multicolor scarf with gloves? No.

Maybe it's a disguise.

I wish we knew if the pics were from before or after the murders. If it's after, he must have changed clothes. Maybe the gloves are to hide cut up hands. MOO

Hello TGIRecover,

The attached report states 'The person of interest in this case had been seen on surveillance walking around Seabreeze Boulevard just an hour and a half before the bodies were discovered.'
It looks like Seabreeze Blvd and North Atlanta aka Highway A1A is right in front of the beach entrance.
'Don't like to speculate': Daytona Beach police chief dispels rumors about couple stabbed to death

I dont think you are leaving anything out.

Then factor in that the individual's "this and that" collection of clothes and back pack could be indicative of being at least a semi transient (over all clean appearance does not suggest full street life).

A semi transient would be hard to identify after the Atlanta murder because he might have only been in the Atlanta area for say a few weeks to get comfortable with the parks, then moved on after the murder.

Adding— all killed by stabbing, more than one victim, killer made no attempt to hide bodies, white victims. So horrific and tragic!

Could the branding tattoo be a fraternity. I see a BEGGARS from Loyola in New Orleans. Probably not.
I have seen fraternity members with various brands as well. I think it is, or was, a custom with some black fraternities.

But.... those brandings were far better done than the crude lettering on the suspect's arm. In this case, the letters look like they were cut with a knife or razor.

Then, small keloid scars (inherited feature more common in Africans, or people of African descent?) developed over the cuts.

Hi, K.jill,
Thanks for the suggestion. I looked up Katherine Janness as you advised and i agree with you that it seems very similar. The video below is a news report of her murder and includes photos of people coming and going through an entrance to Piedmont Park around the time that the homicide occurred. Check out the guy in the top left corner beginning at seconds 1 through 10 or so. He looks somewhat like the suspect in Daytona Beach in the Aultman couple's murders. The guy I'm referring to is in the top left corner and also in the bottom right in the video below. he is carrying a cane in his right hand and something else in his left hand when going into and when going out of the park. He's wearing white pants, a white wife-beater undershirt and has a fit physic. Police said that they wanted to talk to all of the people in the photos. So, I wonder if they were able to talk with this man.
Just catching up in here as I saw the case pop up in my news thread this morning so came here to read up.

WOW--- I have to say the guy in the Atlanta video looks just like the guy from the Daytona video.

How horrific !! All 3 victims brutally stabbed plus her dog (in Atlanta)

Hopefully this person is caught soon !!!

hi K,jill,

That both crimes involved the murder of two individuals at the same time, although one was a beloved pet dog, it does make it seem like both murders involved an aspect of sadism and a desire to see the anguish of one victum while murdering the loved companion in front of the other victim. Have you read if perhaps Katherine's dog was attacked first and if it could be determined if she then tried to stop such an attack on her dog? Perhaps Terry Aultman was killed first since he was bigger and stronger than his wife Brenda. in both cases, it must have occurred quickly since the risk of discovery would be pretty high given that at least one of the victims could have gotten away or called out loudly for help. I agree with someone who posted earlier that the killer of the Aultmans must have stopped them on a pretense of some sort and that the attack must have come quickly and out of the blue from the perspective of the victims. i wonder if the murder scene in Katherine's case shows if her pet was killed first and if it happened quickly. i hope that this guy is found quickly so that the families in both cases and society as a whole can be confident that justice will be delivered.
In Katie and Bowie’s case the public have no idea who was attacked first. Thinking about it makes me heartsick.
We do have the Autopsy results for Katie. If more is learned about the Aultman’s injuries we can compare. There is a podcast, Body Bags by Joseph Scott Morgan, Where the autopsy is discussed. I would recommend this if you want to learn more about it.
I wonder what it was about the crime scene that made the police chief say that it was fish estranged and not like anything he had seen in 20 years. He has probably seen violent murders before…

Hi, K.jill,
I think it is unlikely that man in white with the cane and phone could have killed Katie Janness. He is seen exiting the 12th street gate at 12:25. This is about the earliest that Katie could have been attacked. But the scene of the attack is nearly 2,000 ft from the 12th street gate. I think the APD wanted to talk to this man to see who ELSE he had seen in the park that night.

Last edited:
Could the branding tattoo be a fraternity. Google shows a BEGGARS from Loyola in New Orleans. Probably not. Last 2 could be Theta Alpha??? Could just be: I 'heart shape' GA.
I once knew a Q Dog with a fraternity brand on his upper arm. If you google Q Dog there are several returns to the subject related to black male fraternities and traditionally black universities like Lincoln University in PA. Images show a variety of stylized Greek letter omega scars usually somewhere on the arm for Omega Psi Phi fraternity.

Is it possible the scarification is street or prison gang related or even a military unit?

Last edited:
If the guy responsible for these horrific murders is the POI being sought, and is local, he will soon be identified, from his physical features clearly shown on still pics from the video, including the tattoos and his distinctive teeth. When it comes back from the lab, DNA, which was found under at least one of the victim's nails, may well be in the system as well. I do think this POI may not be a local, as I believe someone within DBPD would know him, perhaps even by name, especially if he is frequently on the streets. JMO

Last edited:
Is it possible the scarification is street or prison gang related or even a military unit?
Possible, but I dont think so.

As with fraternity brandings, the purpose behind body markings, whether fraternity, gang or military is to serve as a source of pride for the bearer and a mark of identity.

To accomplish those things, the markings are usually of high quality. That is not to say that every tattoo is a work of art or that every branding or scarification effort goes as planned. Tattoos, scarification and branding can all be done with widely varying degrees of expertise.

But.... the letters on the suspect's arm seem far too crude to convey any kind of pride or sense of group belonging. Nor do they look like a case where quality was the intent- but then things went south with a botched implementation.

As such, I dont think they are gang, fraternal or military related. Rather, they seem to be a spontaneous action of the drug addled sort.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem
Back