FL - Terry 48, & Brenda Aultman 55, stabbed to death while biking, Daytona Beach, 6 Mar 2022 *Arrest

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Waitress Helps Track Murder Suspect After Serving Him Before Fatal Stabbing (msn.com)

snip
As reported by WESH 2, server Valerie Court recalled serving the man that very same day and even kept the credit card receipt he used. Jean Robert Macean was arrested on Thursday in Orlando after police used that very receipt to track him to a home.

snip
Court reportedly saw the suspect on the news and remembered that he visited her workplace for lunch dressed in the exact same outfit shown in released images and carrying a backpack.

"I thought maybe he wanted to be left alone because he was short-worded with me so I just kept his tea filled up," she told WESH 2.

Court also remembered his payment method—a credit card. "It didn't have his name on it. It said my temporary pay card but he did initial sign it, and initial it JM," she said.

......appeared in court Friday. A hearing will be scheduled regarding his mental competency.

Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against Macean.

Assistant State Attorney Andrew Urbanak asked for the hearing on Macean’s competency, according to court documents. Urbanak wrote in a motion that two experts for the defense, Dr. Julie F. Harper and Dr. Valerie McClain, had stated that Macean was incompetent to proceed. Urbanak also noted that both experts indicated that Macean’s competency could be restored through treatment.

Roberts also said she had depositions set for February in the case.

Blackburn set a case management conference at 1:30 p.m. on Jan. 12.

A judge ruled the man accused of murdering a Daytona Beach couple during Bike Week last year incompetent to stand trial.

Jean Macean, 33, allegedly stabbed and slashed couple Terry and Brenda Aultman as they rode bicycles home from Main Street. Following a manhunt, Macean was arrested several days later in Orlando.

His court-appointed public defenders tried to prove Macean is not competent to stand trial.

A judge ruled the man accused of murdering a Daytona Beach couple during Bike Week last year incompetent to stand trial.

Jean Macean, 33, allegedly stabbed and slashed couple Terry and Brenda Aultman as they rode bicycles home from Main Street. Following a manhunt, Macean was arrested several days later in Orlando.

His court-appointed public defenders tried to prove Macean is not competent to stand trial.
Macean will be placed in a mental health facility where he can receive treatment and potentially regain the capacity to understand the charges against him and assist in his own defense.

after readfing about Idaho, I am getting leery of stabbings- was this just spur of the moment? no particular motive? :(

The charging document, which you can read here: Man Indicted for Allegedly Stabbing Florida Couple to Death While They Returned Home from Bike Week Festivities

It says that the female victim's clothes were pulled up to her neck to expose her breasts and torso and one leg of her pants was pulled down. This could have happened in the course of a struggle, but I think that it indicates that at least part of his rage at the victims that night was expressed as sexually motivated violence. LE described the attack as random. Since he has now been found by a judge to be incompetent to stand trial I think we can at least say that mental illness also played a role.

Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.

Macean is scheduled to appear at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday before Circuit Judge Elizabeth Blackburn for a hearing about his competency at the S. James Foxman Justice Center in Daytona Beach.

Circuit Judge Elizabeth Blackburn set a hearing on Macean's competency for June 23.
Very frustrating that there seems to be no news or info on what is happening in the prosecution of the suspect in the horrific maniacal slashing stabbing murder of Brenda and Terry Aultman, an innocent, kind, friendly couple who were just riding their bicycles back to their residence.

It’s been over two years. Is he competent or not? What was the result of the second assessment?

Does law enforcement think this is the only time JM has ever done something like this? I don’t. He took the bus. If the court thinks JM is a violent manic paranoid schizophrenic, do they think he just became one in the days leading up to this gruesome attack?

Daytona Beach is not a huge metropolis. Why is this case not on the front page of the Daytona Beach News-Journal every day?

All jmo

Very frustrating that there seems to be no news or info on what is happening in the prosecution of the suspect in the horrific maniacal slashing stabbing murder of Brenda and Terry Aultman, an innocent, kind, friendly couple who were just riding their bicycles back to their residence.

It’s been over two years. Is he competent or not? What was the result of the second assessment?

Does law enforcement think this is the only time JM has ever done something like this? I don’t. He took the bus. If the court thinks JM is a violent manic paranoid schizophrenic, do they think he just became one in the days leading up to this gruesome attack?

Daytona Beach is not a huge metropolis. Why is this case not on the front page of the Daytona Beach News-Journal every day?

All jmo

All questions I am asking too. You and I are on the same page, I believe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vingigi
Back