FL - Terry 48, & Brenda Aultman 55, stabbed to death while biking, Daytona Beach, 6 Mar 2022 *Arrest

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So he made it to Orlando and was captured in the same hat, but different pants and shirt. There was no attempt to disguise himself. I'm going to guess severe mental illness. MOO

I was thinking the same thing. His victims' DNA and perhaps even blood spatter is probably on that hat. I wouldn't be shocked if he was still carrying the knife he used (allegedly) to slaughter the Aultman's. Barring a successful insanity defense, I think this guy has sealed his own life sentence. JMO

Possible, but I dont think so.

As with fraternity brandings, the purpose behind body markings, whether fraternity, gang or military is to serve as a source of pride for the bearer and a mark of identity.

To accomplish those things, the markings are usually of high quality. That is not to say that every tattoo is a work of art or that every branding or scarification effort goes as planned. Tattoos, scarification and branding can all be done with widely varying degrees of expertise.

But.... the letters on the suspect's arm seem far too crude to convey any kind of pride or sense of group belonging. Nor do they look like a case where quality was the intent- but then things went south with a botched implementation.

As such, I dont think they are gang, fraternal or military related. Rather, they seem to be a spontaneous action of the drug addled sort.
IIRC it is bike (motorcycle) week in DB??
Could these carved letters be some type of motorcycle gang origin?

So JM had traveled by bus to Daytona from his apartment in Orlando that day. He has been divorced for six years and has a third degree felony and two misdemeanor charges for drugs along with a couple of traffic violations. The drug charges had been dropped. LE doesn't know how JM traveled back to Orlando and they have no motive for the crimes. LE reported that there was evidence found but wouldn't elaborate.

Jean Macean: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Last edited:
Just saw there was an arrest !!! YIKES

It is so scary out there ... you just never know who you may run into.

My heart breaks for these 2 beautiful souls who lost their lives just by being in the wrong place at the wrong time, IMO.

We dont know for sure what triggered him, but damn.... it is scary to me to even think you are just out bike riding, enjoying an evening and then.... You are not.

I am glad they caught the perp and will wait for more details.

Just saw there was an arrest !!! YIKES

It is so scary out there ... you just never know who you may run into.

My heart breaks for these 2 beautiful souls who lost their lives just by being in the wrong place at the wrong time, IMO.

We dont know for sure what triggered him, but damn.... it is scary to me to even think you are just out bike riding, enjoying an evening and then.... You are not.

I am glad they caught the perp and will wait for more details.

People on bikes at night have been relatively easy marks more than once, albeit usually traveling alone, and not in pairs. When I first read about this, my mind immediately went back to Mickey Shunick, the Lafayette, La college student who was bumped off a bike, abducted and killed by Brandon Scott Lavergne, who was eventually caught and confessed, largely because she damn nearly killed him, putting up a fight for her life. She was the first case I really followed after joining WS, back in 2012, and I still think of her often.

Folks, if you are going to ride a bike at night, even with someone else, try to remain alert to your surroundings, and carry some type of protection with you. It may not matter, but it may save your life. JMO

Last edited:
So JM had traveled by bus to Daytona from his apartment in Orlando that day. He has been divorced for six years and has a third degree felony and two misdemeanor charges for drugs along with a couple of traffic violations. The drug charges had been dropped. LE doesn't know how JM traveled back to Orlando and they have no motive for the crimes. LE reported that there was evidence found but wouldn't elaborate.

Jean Macean: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
So glad he was caught, and quickly before he could hurt anyone else! Great job by LE. I wonder if he has killed before? So spooky to think he took a bus to Daytona just to kill someone.

The camera footage of JM released by LE where he has on red gloves & is time stamped 12:09am, IMO he is looking for someone. Perhaps his victims?
This reminds me of Ryan Rogers murder by accused killer Semmie Lee Williams.
Viewing Jean Robert Macean Facebook page the profile pic has a seal of Haiti & many friends are from Haiti. I wonder if he moved here from Haiti.
JMOO

People on bikes at night have been relatively easy marks more than once, albeit usually traveling alone, and not in pairs. When I first read about this, my mind immediately went back to Mickey Shunick, the Lafayette, La college student who was bumped off a bike, abducted and killed by Brandon Scott Lavergne, who was eventually caught and confessed, largely because she damn nearly killed him, putting up a fight for her life. She was the first case I really followed after joining WS, back in 2012, and I still think of her often.

Folks, if you are going to ride a bike at night, even with someone else, try to remain alert to your surroundings, and carry some type of protection with you. It may not matter, but it may save your life. JMO
I found your comment interesting. I live in pretty small town. And occasionally I ride my bike at night. Usually do evening rides, but if I am stressed etc, I would ride my bike at midnight or so to work things out. Like I said, it is a very small town, no one around, might see a car or two, but that is it. At some spots i'd be on a road that was out of town a bit. Never have I worried about safety. But I probably should be more cautious. Its just so sad.

Sorry O/T, but I remember that case from watching the ID channel. Thank goodness for CCTV and business cams. They helped so much.

Have I missed a motive in this? The suspect has confessed (and declared remorse :rolleyes:) but has he said what the heck happened? Or why? Those are my questions.

“[LE] said a motive for the attack is not yet known, but evidence from the crime has been recovered…[LE] said Macean had a minimal criminal history -- a felony arrest and two misdemeanor arrests. He said all of them were drug-related charges.”
Suspect confessed to stabbing deaths of Daytona Beach couple, police chief says

I wonder if the “evidence from the crime” will bear any similarity to Katie Janness.

This article shares the information that the suspect's identity was discovered in part due to his use of a credit card:

Records released by Daytona Beach police show, one of the tips came from someone who said he saw Macean eating somewhere. Investigators said he used a credit card, which they were able to track leading up to his arrest.

New details of investigation into violent deaths of Daytona Beach couple emerge

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vingigi
Back