FL - Terry 48, & Brenda Aultman 55, stabbed to death while biking, Daytona Beach, 6 Mar 2022 *Arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Cryptic

Reaction score
This double murder has been described by the police as "extremely gruesome" and occurred during the 'Bike Week' motorcycle fest. The victims were riding bicycles at the time.

Description of the suspect is limited. Police are not sure if the couple (husband and wife) were targeted or if the crime was random. Likewise, Police unsure if the crime was related to 'Bike Week' events.

Florida couple found dead 'most vicious' crime police chief has seen in 20 years: 'Deranged'

Last edited by a moderator:
They were on bicycles, not motorcycles.

Police ID couple stabbed with throats slashed while riding bikes in Daytona Beach

First responders found the bodies of Terry Aultman, 48, and Brenda Aultman, 55, soon after they arrived on the scene near the intersection of North Wild Olive Avenue and Riverview Boulevard on Sunday morning just before 2 a.m. Both victims, husband, and wife are residents of Daytona Beach.

Two people – a man who made a 911 call to report the bodies as well as a woman on the scene – claimed they found the man lying face-down on his chest and the woman lying face-up on her back in a grassy area next to the sidewalk at the southeast corner of Wild Olive and Riverview. Two bicycles were discovered near the bodies.

To overpower 2 adults on bicycles is pretty brazen.

Married couple stabbed to death while riding bicycles home in Florida

One neighbor told WKMG-TV that police asked to view video recorded by cameras at her home.

"They knocked on my door at 2:15 in the morning, the detectives, because they wanted to get the videos off of my cameras," she said. "(The deaths are) disturbing, certainly, and (the officers) were really upset. They said it was horrendous."

No arrests have been made, and investigators said they are searching for a man who was last seen wearing white or light-colored pants and was carrying a backpack.

If this is the perp, hopefully someone will recognize him.

Video shows person of interest in stabbing of Daytona Beach couple: police

Brenda's daughter, Sara, says the couple has been married for nine years. He worked at Amazon. She was a manager at Goodwill.

Warlock says they moved into their dream home six months ago.

"She just bought a new Jeep, so they could ride on the beach. They bought bicycles so they could ride together. Just a happy couple that finally bought the house of their dreams."

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 11.00.50.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 11.00.50.png
    622.8 KB · Views: 168
If this is the perp, hopefully someone will recognize him.

Video shows person of interest in stabbing of Daytona Beach couple: police

Brenda's daughter, Sara, says the couple has been married for nine years. He worked at Amazon. She was a manager at Goodwill.

Warlock says they moved into their dream home six months ago.

"She just bought a new Jeep, so they could ride on the beach. They bought bicycles so they could ride together. Just a happy couple that finally bought the house of their dreams."

black cowboy hat, red gloves, tartar print scarf, backpack, dark skin, heavy-set, walks slowly with feet pointed out - very recognizable - won't be long until an arrest IMO

does he have facial hair or is it a black mask pulled down on his chin?

black cowboy hat, red gloves, tartar print scarf, backpack, dark skin, heavy-set, walks slowly with feet pointed out - very recognizable - won't be long until an arrest IMO

does he have facial hair or is it a black mask pulled down on his chin?

I cant tell regarding the facial hair verse mask possibility.

In regards to the other clothing you note, the totality gives me "higher functioning transient- but not hard core homeless" type vibes:

- White pants and shirt are clean, thus not indicative of living fully on the street.

- But.... the totality full back pack, gloves, scarf, and perhaps the cowboy hat suggest that he picks up clothing, then needs to wear it as outside of the back pack, he has no place to store it.

I am thinking maybe check the Grey Hound station, area truck stops to see if he was seen there? Also area half way houses (either released convict, drug or transient based).

A halfway house may offer washing machines for clothes, but might not offer alot of storage space. Likewise, some individuals will drift away from more lenient half way houses (back pack clothing oddities), but then drift back in (over all clean appearance).

Husband & Wife Stabbed to Death Riding Home in Daytona Beach, Cops Haven't Ruled Out Random Attack

CREDIT: FACEBOOK

“Police in Daytona Beach, Fla. are searching for a man who stabbed a married couple to death while they biked home over the weekend.

The bodies of Terry Aultman, 48, and his wife Brenda Aultman, 55, were discovered in the early hours of Sunday morning on the side of the intersection at North Wild Olive Avenue and Riverview Boulevard, according to a statement from DBPD.”

Police Statement: Daytona Beach, FL

“The Daytona Beach Police Department (DBPD) is actively working a homicide case involving a married couple who were discovered dead over the weekend near the intersection of North Wild Olive Avenue and Riverview Boulevard.

“We will spare no expense and leave no stone unturned in order to solve this case,” stated DBPD Chief Jakari Young. “I assure you that our detectives are doing all they can to bring justice to the loved ones of these victims.”

DBPD was first notified at 1:57 a.m. Sunday (March 6, 2022) from a male witness who called Volusia County emergency dispatch, prompting dispatchers to send officers to that location.

First responders found the bodies of 48-year-old Terry Aultman and 55-year-old Brenda Aultman – both residents of Daytona Beach – soon after they arrived on scene, both covered in blood and with multiple stab wounds and lacerations to their bodies. Paramedics declared both deceased at the scene within minutes of the initial 911 call.

DBPD’s Criminal Investigation Division (CID) has spoken to the man who made the 911 call as well as a woman who was also on scene. Both claim they found the man lying face-down on his chest and the woman lying face-up on her back in a grassy area next to the sidewalk at the southeast corner of Wild Olive and Riverview.

Two bicycles were discovered near the bodies. They are being processed for evidence as part of this ongoing investigation.

The bodies are now with the Volusia County Medical Examiner’s office. Autopsies will be performed to determine the exact cause of death.

CID is working on all aspects of this case, including determining the motive for this attack and identifying whoever was involved in these murders. It appears that the victims were using their bicycles to get home after participating in Bike Week festivities when the attack happened.

We are searching for a person of interest in this case. He’s a man of unknown race wearing light-colored pants and possibly carrying a backpack.

Anyone with information is urged to contact Detective Collin Howell at (386) 671-5257 or HowellCollin@DBPD.us regarding Case 220003866.”

The more we learn about this couple, the more random this crime appears to be. They're just your average couple, don't appear to be involved in a life of crime, hardworking, making happy memories, being responsible via not drinking and driving, etc. Unbelievably sad.

The gait the suspect has makes me think he is wandering without a destination. People who have a goal or destination in mind walk with purpose. This guy seems aimless, maybe not sure where he's headed, listening to voices in his head maybe? Crosses paths with this couple and a crime of opportunity presents itself. The husband was face down so was he murdered first? The wife was face up. Did she see her husband attacked, stopped to defend him and get taken down last? Such a perplexing scenario to think about.

Married Couple Slashed to Death While Cycling Home From Florida Concert (msn.com)

The brutal attack did not appear to be the result of a robbery, since police found “valuables that were left in their possession,” Young explained, adding, “We can’t make heads or tails of it at this time.”

Three-and-a-half hours before they were killed, the Aultmans posted a cheerful message on Facebook from the Main Street Station, an event venue that was once a working NASCAR garage.

“Omg Robin is so awesome,” Brenda Aultman wrote. “We look forward to seeing her EVERY event!! Music is wonderful at Main Street. It’s the best!!”

The more we learn about this couple, the more random this crime appears to be. They're just your average couple, don't appear to be involved in a life of crime, hardworking, making happy memories, being responsible via not drinking and driving, etc. Unbelievably sad.

The gait the suspect has makes me think he is wandering without a destination. People who have a goal or destination in mind walk with purpose. This guy seems aimless, maybe not sure where he's headed, listening to voices in his head maybe? Crosses paths with this couple and a crime of opportunity presents itself. The husband was face down so was he murdered first? The wife was face up. Did she see her husband attacked, stopped to defend him and get taken down last? Such a perplexing scenario to think about.

Married Couple Slashed to Death While Cycling Home From Florida Concert (msn.com)

The brutal attack did not appear to be the result of a robbery, since police found “valuables that were left in their possession,” Young explained, adding, “We can’t make heads or tails of it at this time.”

Three-and-a-half hours before they were killed, the Aultmans posted a cheerful message on Facebook from the Main Street Station, an event venue that was once a working NASCAR garage.

“Omg Robin is so awesome,” Brenda Aultman wrote. “We look forward to seeing her EVERY event!! Music is wonderful at Main Street. It’s the best!!”
Your post just reminded me of our time here on WS during the Seminole shooter, when we were trying to figure out who he was.

Daytona Beach Bike Week stabbing: Police release person of interest video

“She said Terry Aultman worked for Amazon and Brenda Aultman was a manager at Goodwill.”

With Brenda being a manager at Goodwill, I’m sure she had a direct hand in positively impacting the lives of many. And Terry also for that matter, working directly in the supply chains. This is horrific and I’m saddened for both Brenda and Terry, and their families. Let’s hope this monster is apprehended ASAP.

So glad someone posted this. I saw it earlier today but don't remember how to post. Bike week and time of year make it probable that it is a transient. Most likely someone with mental issues. The person on the video looks very muscular to me. Hope there are lots of fliers present in the area. Bikers will see them and be on the lookout. So sad.

I cant tell regarding the facial hair verse mask possibility.

In regards to the other clothing you note, the totality gives me "higher functioning transient- but not hard core homeless" type vibes:

- White pants and shirt are clean, thus not indicative of living fully on the street.

- But.... the totality full back pack, gloves, scarf, and perhaps the cowboy hat suggest that he picks up clothing, then needs to wear it as outside of the back pack, he has no place to store it.

I am thinking maybe check the Grey Hound station, area truck stops to see if he was seen there? Also area half way houses (either released convict, drug or transient based).

A halfway house may offer washing machines for clothes, but might not offer alot of storage space. Likewise, some individuals will drift away from more lenient half way houses (back pack clothing oddities), but then drift back in (over all clean appearance).

yes I agree with your assessment

agree about the wandering without a destination

To overpower 2 adults on bicycles is pretty brazen.

Married couple stabbed to death while riding bicycles home in Florida

One neighbor told WKMG-TV that police asked to view video recorded by cameras at her home.

"They knocked on my door at 2:15 in the morning, the detectives, because they wanted to get the videos off of my cameras," she said. "(The deaths are) disturbing, certainly, and (the officers) were really upset. They said it was horrendous."

No arrests have been made, and investigators said they are searching for a man who was last seen wearing white or light-colored pants and was carrying a backpack.

They must have stopped for some reason. It would seem that if they recognized a threat, they could have gotten ahead of and away from it if they were riding.
Are the cops saying they were killed that late at night?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YouthSleuth98
Back