FL - Tommy Poindexter & 3 others for mother-son gang rape, West Palm Beach, 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I dont know about the rest of you...but this story really bothers me. I cant imagine the horror they went thru! I cant stop thinking about this case and Ive read alot on here but this one is sticking with me :(
wildTrose,
I feel the same way. For me this crime is one that is mostly unheard of. It figuratively punched me in the gut. I also am praying for the mother and son.

I dont know about the rest of you...but this story really bothers me. I cant imagine the horror they went thru! I cant stop thinking about this case and Ive read alot on here but this one is sticking with me :(
Dear WildTrose,:)

Like you, I am very bothered by this. The case sticks with me also. I am truly sorry that I do not have any words to comfort you, I wish that I did.

Much Respect to you,
dark_shadows

Ive been lurking on this thread since it was first posted last week or so, at first i was so angry that i just couldnt comment, it just really makes me sick. My thoughts and prayers are with the family and my hopes that in time, they will get through this together. Im glad to hear that the local community will assist the family to relocate.

Am I to understand that I can go into my local Wachovia bank and make a donation for this woman, even though I am not from her area? I've never done this before...

What the heck is in the makeup of these kids that allowed them to do this? How and/or why did something like that even enter their minds? This is so...vile, foul, nasty, disgusting and evil! I just cannot comprehend this! That poor woman and her child. Hopefully, they get the help they need to move on but, imo, they will forever be scarred by this. Oh Lord, I do hope that I am wrong, I sincerely do! Please try to understand when I say that I feel sorry for the perpetrators. I feel sorry for them because something had to have happened to them in order for them to turn into a bunch of wild animals. The fact that they were actually able to do this scares the heck out of me. How can they possibly redeem themselves? How can they ever be trusted in society? God, please let LE find everyone that took part in this horrendous crime. God, please grant the Mother an her son peace. I just don't know what to say. Sorry for the rant.

While I agree to a certain extent I don't think you can entirely attribute what these boys did to something that happened to them (or didn't happen to them, like parenting). There has to be something else. What makes one child suffer abuse and yet go on in life to become a productive, respectable human and then another to do nothing with their life but live a life of crime? David Pelzer comes to mind (A Boy Called It). He suffered years and years of horrible abuse and look at him today.
I was so upset about this case that I talked with my mother about it. She pretty much said the same thing. My father grew up without parents (due to the death of his mother when he was 8 mos old and his father was too old to care for him). He was shuffled from family member to family member and abused at each home. He suffered emotional, physical and sexual abuse yet he grew up to be a man that I'm proud to call my father. Yes, he carried issues throughout his life but he wanted better for himself and his children.
I guess it can go either way. Either they look at what they've been through and attempt to better themselves or they look at it and decide that everyone is going to pay for the life that they did or didn't have.

While I agree to a certain extent I don't think you can entirely attribute what these boys did to something that happened to them (or didn't happen to them, like parenting). There has to be something else. What makes one child suffer abuse and yet go on in life to become a productive, respectable human and then another to do nothing with their life but live a life of crime? David Pelzer comes to mind (A Boy Called It). He suffered years and years of horrible abuse and look at him today.
I was so upset about this case that I talked with my mother about it. She pretty much said the same thing. My father grew up without parents (due to the death of his mother when he was 8 mos old and his father was too old to care for him). He was shuffled from family member to family member and abused at each home. He suffered emotional, physical and sexual abuse yet he grew up to be a man that I'm proud to call my father. Yes, he carried issues throughout his life but he wanted better for himself and his children.
I guess it can go either way. Either they look at what they've been through and attempt to better themselves or they look at it and decide that everyone is going to pay for the life that they did or didn't have.
Lizzie, I understand what you are saying but, I wasn't referring merely to parenting or the lack of. I was also wondering what kind and how many drugs were involved, gang affiliations, etc.

This is a truly despicable crime...and before I even ask the question, I'm going to apologize ahead of time and clarify that I am in no way trying to blame the victim. I'm sorry if this is too grahic...but this son is going to have to deal with a lot of guilt...the thing that perplexes is how he was able to perform (as in hard)...first of all, it was his mother and second, even if it wasn't his mother, he was being beaten, threatened, etc...not exactly prime mood-setting for sexual performance. I don't want to get attacked for this post, because this is definitely one of the WORST crimes I've heard about, BUT what I can't get the question out of my mind, is how it was PHYSICALLY possible for the son to have intercourse with the mother, especially under those conditions?

This is a truly despicable crime...and before I even ask the question, I'm going to apologize ahead of time and clarify that I am in no way trying to blame the victim. I'm sorry if this is too grahic...but this son is going to have to deal with a lot of guilt...the thing that perplexes is how he was able to perform (as in hard)...first of all, it was his mother and second, even if it wasn't his mother, he was being beaten, threatened, etc...not exactly prime mood-setting for sexual performance. I don't want to get attacked for this post, because this is definitely one of the WORST crimes I've heard about, BUT what I can't get the question out of my mind, is how it was PHYSICALLY possible for the son to have intercourse with the mother, especially under those conditions?
If I remember correctly....he was told to but refused and so they made the mother perform an act on the son. It was in one of the articles from a relative.
I would imagine his life was possible on the line or he was being tortured which prompted her to do what she had to do to keep both alive.

Have any more than the two perps been caught? Last I read, it was just 2 out of the 10 (I think). It would be a real tragedy to endure this, and then know that most of the offenders were still walking the streets.

Mr. E,

I found this information for donating money to help these victims. It came from the linked article, which again adds more horrific details about this crime.

You can donate at any Wachovia anywhere. Here's the pertinent info to do so.

......"Checks can be made payable to the Dunbar Village Victim Assistance Fund-St. Ann. They can be dropped off at any Wachovia branch or mailed to: St. Ann Catholic Church, 310 N. Olive Ave., West Palm Beach, FL 33401. The church’s phone number is (561) 832-3757."........

http://tinyurl.com/3a7uau

I couldn't comment at first either, it made me so ill and very upset. I decided to read again, hoping to find a way to make a donation. I'm glad to see there is a way. I wish I could do more...for them and all those who are trapped there and living in fear.:(

Ah I hadnt realised that actual penetration hadnt occurred either so Im really pleased to read that. Obviously what they went through was still horrific.

The mother did what she had to do to protect both her and her sons from these little perverts - lets just hope they keep that thought with them to get them both through this.

At Florida Housing Project, Rape Is Just Another Crime

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19698132/

Good Lord, this is too sad!

That article is heartbreaking. Imagine how horrible life must be there if neighbors say that it's just rape, it could be worse. And they don't take responsibility for violence. One of the suspects' sister killed her boyfriend by stabbing him to death, and the suspect called it an "accident."

Okay I see...from this last article, it does sound like intercourse (penetration) did not occur vis-a-vis mother and son, but rather sexual acts. Not that this makes this any less horrific...but I really puzzled as to how it was physically possible for the son to penetrate sexual intercourse under those circumstances (or any rather)...but I can understand why/how someone would muster the strength to do horrific sexual acts to survive. Anyhow, I'm glad these disgusting vile criminals live in a state that has the death penalty and will use it....these people do not deserve to live.

Sick, sick, sick. The accused perp named Walker's mother, Ruby, is a real jewel from the looks of her. And his Father said this:

"He acknowledged that he hadn't spent as much time with his son as he should have after parting ways with the boy's mother. But he said his son is shy and timid, and they went to places like the Fun Depot arcade together.
"It's been awhile since I really spent a lot of time with him," the father said. In the meantime, his son has been getting into trouble with the law."

Yea, he went to the arcade with his son probably 10 years ago. I am sick to death of people who take no responsibility for their children. Not that the lack of a father in this boy's life is an excuse for what the teenager has apparently done, but where there is smoke, there is fire, and I don't think any of us is surprised by what these kids home life was like. From the victims standpoint, you have a mother who was raising her son, and trying to live in a violence prone area; doing the best she could. I would just bet you that the reason that they were targeted is the fact that they were Haitian, and the son was not willing to hang with the thugs. If this isn't a hate crime, I don't know what is. I have no sympathy for the thugs that did this....none. They are lower than dogs. In fact, dogs are far superior to this scum.

This kid is a product of them and thier nasty lives!

From the 2nd article in the 1st post:

Police had Walker's palm print because he had been arrested previously, spokesman Ted White said. Walker previously had been charged with loitering and trespassing, White said.

His mother, Ruby Nell Walker, has been arrested nine times on charges that include aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and assault with intent to do bodily harm. His father, also named Nathan Walker, has been arrested eight times.

At Florida Housing Project, Rape Is Just Another Crime

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19698132/

Good Lord, this is too sad!

So sad, just not right. And, we have these celebrities like Angelina Jolie and George Clooney, etc., raising money and flapping their jaws to congress, the UN, etc., for aid for these far off places, when HELL is right here in their own backyard. It's shameful. :banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717
Back