FL - Tommy Poindexter & 3 others for mother-son gang rape, West Palm Beach, 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have to at least give these moms kudso for taking their sons in for questioning. I'm sure some were suprised by what they found out but I have to feel like some probably aren't.

Avion's aunt needs to change her statement that says "He's a good kid" to "He WAS a good kid." I'm sure he was a little angle that just started hanging out with the wrong crowd and was bullied into being a part of what they did. Another thing...a single mother with SIX kids? I wonder if she was ever married?

WEST PALM BEACH — She spent most summer days reading the Bible on the living-room floor at her apartment in a rotted public housing project. Dunbar Village was home for her and her 12-year-old son. For a few years, they were almost invisible amid the hard streets, hustlers and busy nights.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/local_news/epaper/2007/07/16/m1a_victim_0716.html?imw=Y

That is so sad. If she had been one to do drugs, drink and neglect her son most likely this would not have happened to her. But she tried, both for herself and her son. She worked, she took care of her son and she went to church and this happened. It isn't fair. But of course it never is, is it?

Somebody, anybody, please explain to my why women have 5,6,7,10 kids when they can't afford to take care of themselves, let alone their children.

I am not even suggesting that poor people shouldn't have kids but doesn't it seem obvious that all these families had too much to handle? No dad, no money, no one home hardly at all, mother's in prison, I mean Dear God.

Anyone care to help me understand this?

P.S.

This is a problem that crosses racial lines.

Somebody, anybody, please explain to my why women have 5,6,7,10 kids when they can't afford to take care of themselves, let alone their children.

I am not even suggesting that poor people shouldn't have kids but doesn't it seem obvious that all these families had too much to handle? No dad, no money, no one home hardly at all, mother's in prison, I mean Dear God.

smart-*advertiser censored* answer: Sex is fun?

logical: a.) not educated enough about contraceptives b.) more kids = more welfare checks

smart-*advertiser censored* answer: Sex is fun?

logical: a.) not educated enough about contraceptives b.) more kids = more welfare checks

Problem is more kids means more welfare checks for only 5 years. Then they are forced off of welfare.

The other two???? Maybe.

I hope the media attention will at the very least help this mother and her son get the much needed therapy. Maybe they will raise enough money to get a new place to live. Can't imagine going back to that spot in Hell.

Problem is more kids means more welfare checks for only 5 years. Then they are forced off of welfare.

Yes, but I think most people in that particular situation don't think that far ahead, unfortunately.

I saw the two boys on Riveria the other night. They are 16 and 14 yrs and will probably spend the rest of their lives in prison! Such young kids to do such horrible things to two innocent people. Some of the talking heads felt sorry for them being tried as adults and going to prison for years and years. I don't feel sorry for them. I feel sorry for that mom and her boy who have to live with what was done to them and what those little creeps made them do to each other. How will they ever survive that together?

In some cases it's drugs. Doesn't meth heighten sexual drive?

Hopefully they will get the counseling they both will need to somehow get past this. Their relationship will never be the same.
I feel like you, I'd leave the country.
:laugh: I've always told mine if they were in the right I'd stick by them...but if they were wrong, their *zz is on their own. I'm not paying bail, getting them a lawer or nothing, because they know better.

That is exactly what we said to our son too, except, I told him if he found his sperm donor, and beat his *ss, I would bail him out once, he did get the chance to beat his *ss, but he didn't go to jail for it.

Yes the rapists were black, and they would never pursue this as a hate crime, but I can bet this would have never happened if the victims were American. They might have robbed and raped, but not make a mother have sex with her son. They did this because the victims were Haitian. I am sure of that.

Dunbar Village is one of a few housing projects in our area, but it is the worse. MOST of the people who live there are not trying to better themselves. So you have this woman from Haiti, who was forced to live there, yet still trying to survive. She was probably one of very few who actually go to work everyday, had a car, and a son who focused on school. The mentality of the people in that neighborhood would be that she thought she was too good to live there. Not all, but most. I can tell you that there is NO way that this happened without others knowing about it beforehand, seeing it, or hearing it....yet no one helped her???? It's the mentality of some of the people who live in these neighborhoods, they don't like Haitians. We have a huge Haitian population in this area. They come here and work the lowest paying jobs, sometimes work 2 or 3 jobs...but at least they work. It's a constant battle of cultures. In fact, a lot of these Haitian teenagers are forming gangs and getting really dangerous. One of these gangs also produces rap music and if you listen to the lyrics, you can hear the anger from the oppression they face in the black community.

Do you black people in other areas of the country would also hate Haitians? There's low paying jobs all over and many towns have low rent housing in small duplex areas that are safe. I'm wondering if this poor woman was unable to move somewhere else. She really was too good to live there.

Do you black people in other areas of the country would also hate Haitians? There's low paying jobs all over and many towns have low rent housing in small duplex areas that are safe. I'm wondering if this poor woman was unable to move somewhere else. She really was too good to live there.
Are you serious?

I understand what you're asking. The answer is pretty much yeah. It's common for crime ridden urban areas, better known as ghettos, the majority stay with their own. The majority don't care for Puerto Ricans, Mexicans, Jamaicans, light skin blacks etc...

I understand what you're asking. The answer is pretty much yeah. It's common for crime ridden urban areas, better known as ghettos, the majority stay with their own. The majority don't care for Puerto Ricans, Mexicans, Jamaicans, light skin blacks etc...
I am African American and you are wrong.

I am African American and you are wrong.

LOL....I thought I was pretty clear in my statement that it was the mentality of SOME of the people in THIS neighborhood.

The 3 teenagers were indicted and will be tried as adults:

WEST PALM BEACH — At an age when many of their contemporaries are contemplating girls, driver education and video games, three teenage boys face possible life in prison following their indictment Wednesday on charges in connection with the gang rape of a woman and the assault of her son.

Avion Lawson, 13, Nathan Walker, 16, and Jakaris Taylor, 15, all were indicted on charges that include eight counts of sexual battery by multiple perpetrators, two counts of kidnapping and one count of burglary with assault or battery.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/local_news/epaper/2007/07/18/0718dunbar.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatGran
Back