FL FL - Trenton Duckett, 2, Leesburg, 27 Aug 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone remember the stewardess who thought she saw Trenton on the flight and the FBI talked to the parents of the boy. (I don't remember the link and please don't ask me to find it.)They had the boy's birth certificate with them.The FBI ended up releasing them saying the child was not Trenton? I have always wondered about that. How could they have determined that those were not fake documents and why would the parents just happen to have the child's birth certificate with them on a flight? I will always wonder if that was really Trenton.
--------------------------------------------------------

I do remember this story faintly.
Maybe the parents carried a copy of the birth certificate because they were on a flight?
You wouldn't think they would bring an original birth certificate with them.

And yes, FBI would make sure it was a legitimate birth certificate.
I would hope.

If the b.c. had a footprint on it, they could match the footprints.

tiredblondy:
OT.OT.OT.
We have matching avatars! Cute. Twinsies.

Wow, VE...that intrigues me about the other info out there about Josh...would you mind pointing me in the right direction? May I ask...what do you make then of MD killing herself if you think there is a chance she isn't guilty?

There are many times I don't agree w/ Nancy Grace and cringe at things she says but I am with you...I wish she grilled others as hard as she did MD.

There has been a blog put up about his case very recently, with some very interesting information, that has not been public up until now: http://duckettbucket.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-08-17T14:46:00-04:00&max-results=7
(to follow it in order that it is posted, I put the link to the 1st page that was posted on Aug. 13th. I suggest you start there, and then read back until today, but that's moo)

I know it is very possible that little Trenton is deceased, but I think it is equally important to think it possible that he isn't. The police have come out and said outright they think he could be alive. If everybody thought he was dead, then nobody would be looking, and just what if he really is alive? Then he's out there somewhere and needs to be found.

As other parents of missing children have always said, never ever give up & quit looking! Yes, Melinda did commit suicide, but the day she committed suicide is also the same day that rumors were running rampant that they had found Trenton's body in a dumpster/freezer. It might have been only a rumor, but you know how these boards are, and how quickly the media picks up on things. Melinda spent alot of time on the computer, and could have very easily heard the same rumor, and even worse, someone could have called her and told her about it. If it were your child that disappeared, (and you know our children are our reason's to get up everyday even when we don't want to), and you heard his body had been found, how would you react? Any parent of a missing child has to be overcome with so many emotions all barreling in at one time, and if Melinda was innocent but everything was starting to point towards her being the real culprit, that would make her state of mind even worse. Couldn't that have put her over the edge after her interview with Nancy?

moo

There has been a blog put up about his case very recently, with some very interesting information, that has not been public up until now: http://duckettbucket.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-08-17T14:46:00-04:00&max-results=7
(to follow it in order that it is posted, I put the link to the 1st page that was posted on Aug. 13th. I suggest you start there, and then read back until today, but that's moo)

I know it is very possible that little Trenton is deceased, but I think it is equally important to think it possible that he isn't. The police have come out and said outright they think he could be alive. If everybody thought he was dead, then nobody would be looking, and just what if he really is alive? Then he's out there somewhere and needs to be found.

As other parents of missing children have always said, never ever give up & quit looking! Yes, Melinda did commit suicide, but the day she committed suicide is also the same day that rumors were running rampant that they had found Trenton's body in a dumpster/freezer. It might have been only a rumor, but you know how these boards are, and how quickly the media picks up on things. Melinda spent alot of time on the computer, and could have very easily heard the same rumor, and even worse, someone could have called her and told her about it. If it were your child that disappeared, (and you know our children are our reason's to get up everyday even when we don't want to), and you heard his body had been found, how would you react? Any parent of a missing child has to be overcome with so many emotions all barreling in at one time, and if Melinda was innocent but everything was starting to point towards her being the real culprit, that would make her state of mind even worse. Couldn't that have put her over the edge after her interview with Nancy?

moo

Hi Curious_mom, I admire your standing behind Trenton's mother as it is always our hope they should always be protectors of their children.

IMO suicide portends guilt in a case like this, so I would agree with the detective on the case. I just don't think there are many parents of missing children who commit suicide.

I temper that with John Walsh's comment the other day. He said he was put thru endless scrutiny, lost his job, filed for bankrupsy {either that or was almost peniless} and was divorced from his wife. All normal happenings for the parents of missing children with the strain and stress it causes. xox

Does anyone remember the stewardess who thought she saw Trenton on the flight and the FBI talked to the parents of the boy. (I don't remember the link and please don't ask me to find it.)They had the boy's birth certificate with them.The FBI ended up releasing them saying the child was not Trenton? I have always wondered about that. How could they have determined that those were not fake documents and why would the parents just happen to have the child's birth certificate with them on a flight? I will always wonder if that was really Trenton.

Depending on how old the child was, if the child is under 2 years old, the purchase of an additional ticket isnt required if the child sits on the parent's lap. You need to bring a copy of the child's birth certificate for proof of the child's age in order to use this option. This could be why they had the birth certificate with them.

Nancy Grace responds to Duckett suit

TV talk show host Nancy Grace has denied that she subjected the mother of 2-year-old missing Leesburg boy, Trenton Duckett, to mental abuse during a taped appearance on her nationally syndicated show.

It was a CNN show that ran the same day the mother, Melinda Duckett, committed suicide -- as suspicion and questions began to point to her.

Grace's denial was among a number of written statements filed Sept. 23 at the Ocala federal courthouse in her response to interrogatories and queries requested by a wrongful death lawsuit against her by the estate of Duckett, and her adoptive parents.

"CNN denies that Melinda Duckett was subjected to mental abuse on the 'Nancy Grace' program," her lawyers stated in the response.

http://www.dailycommercial.com/093009grace

I think it was a euphamism.. Imhoo... where he is... well it died with Melinda.

No way is Nancy Grace to blame for her suicide.IMO she asked the same questions that she asked of the father only difference was he answered the questions and Melinda did not because IMO she did not want poor Trenton found.Any mother who is not guilty will do all in her power to get herself cleared so LE can then focus on the person or persons who abducted their child.She thought she was smarter then Nancy and most of America.She thought she had framed the father and as soon as she realized LE were not buying her story she killed herself.To bad she did not do it before she did whatever she did to that innocent baby IMO.

Professor: Grace Pushed Duckett Over Edge
Harvard Expert Prepared To Testify In Lawsuit
POSTED: Thursday, December 3, 2009
UPDATED: 7:49 am EST December 4, 2009

Harold Bursztajn, a professor of psychiatry at Harvard, is prepared to testify that "there is a reasonable likelihood that Melinda Duckett's experience with Nancy Grace was a contributing cause of her suicide."

[...]

But Bursztajn said that there is "a distinction between a police interview conducted in private and a nationally televised public interrogation."

Pointing to Grace's prior work as a prosecutor, Bursztajn said, "An interviewer skilled in interrogation can rapidly create emotional stress that can exacerbate pre-existing emotional vulnerability."
Full article: click here
Video: click here

Professor: Grace Pushed Duckett Over Edge
Harvard Expert Prepared To Testify In Lawsuit
POSTED: Thursday, December 3, 2009
UPDATED: 7:49 am EST December 4, 2009

Full article: click here
Video: click here

I totally agree. NG's behavior was over-the-edge and I've always thought her on air treatment of Melinda had a lot to do with the suicide.

I totally agree. NG's behavior was over-the-edge and I've always thought her on air treatment of Melinda had a lot to do with the suicide.

Why? If it did cause Melinda's suicide then it was because NG didn't believe her but then again neither did anyone else...

Oh please...Nancy didn't make her do anything.

Agreed, Linda...NG couldn't MAKE her commit suicide any more than she could MAKE her confessTrenton's whereabouts.

I'm no fan of Nancy and her histrionics, but this lawsuit is without merit, IMO.

I saw that show, and all NG did was try to pin Duckett down on her timeline. If the timeline wasn't a problem, then Duckett wouldn't have been stressed. IMO Duckett is solely responsible for her own suicide AND the disappearance of her son. NG was right to question her closely. Why shouldn't she? Should she have just said, "Oh well, you aren't making sense, but I'll just buy whatever you say"? Ridiculous.

IMO the contributing factor which pushed her over the edge was what she knew she had done and wasn't going to get away with.

VB

I absolutely agree that "there is a reasonable likelihood that Melinda Duckett's experience with Nancy Grace was a contributing cause of her suicide."

That said, why did Melinda agree to go on the program? Nancy Grace is terrifying - I don't necessarily understand why Melinda would talk to her unless maybe she thought doing so could help find her son.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back