FL FL - Trenton Duckett, 2, Leesburg, 27 Aug 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Cubby -

I see you on quite a few threads and was actually trying to message you earlier today. But I am too new and don't have full access yet. I was trying to search for a missing persons/cold case that was really botched in Florida. It took years to even list her as a missing person. (LE refused.) I do not have priveledges to search or start a thread if she is not already on here. Can you help? Thanks!

DM

That would be Trenton Duckett. He is still listed as missing.

We have a thread for him here:
FL FL-Trenton Duckett #12 general discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thank you so much! It's kind of hard to do a search when you don't know who you're searching for. I'm still trying to figure out this site so that doesn't help either lol. I know some things/ppl that I try to search for it says I don't have access or something like that...still not sure why on that one lol.

Cubby -

I see you on quite a few threads and was actually trying to message you earlier today. But I am too new and don't have full access yet. I was trying to search for a missing persons/cold case that was really botched in Florida. It took years to even list her as a missing person. (LE refused.) I do not have priveledges to search or start a thread if she is not already on here. Can you help? Thanks!

DM

I sent you a visitor message. You should have access to visitor messages.
hth!

Cubby,

I replied, and hope you can see my reply. If I click on "view conversation" I get the following:

"dashamarie, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

So, don't know if you got it... Thanks.

DM

I got your replies and the info. Thanks. I tried to reply directly and now I get a message that I cannot reply on the visitors messages either... Oh well... Hopefully I will be able to see what you find out.

I got your replies and the info. Thanks. I tried to reply directly and now I get a message that I cannot reply on the visitors messages either... Oh well... Hopefully I will be able to see what you find out.

Go to the games threads in the private members only section (bottom of main page of forum listings) and you can get your post up quickly to get all the benefits of membership.

Welcome to WS!

This case has been plaguing me for 2 days. I can't find it googling. Maybe someone else remembers the case. For some reason it reminds me of all the Alcala cases so I am trying to find it.

It was on one of the tv shows sometime ago, coldcase, unsolved mysteries, etc.

Anyways, this woman was talking about how her sister ran off years before. I think it was in California. She missing girl called the parents house and got the sister sometime later and was scared and begging for help. In the show she was standing in the bathroom shower talking on the phone. Then some guy came in and told her she shouldnt have called and the woman said it sounded like they where torturing the sister and the phone went dead.

Here's the part to I am having trouble remembering. I THINK that they found her in the woods on the side of a road in Washington, like Thurston County area. But I might be mixing 2 cases up.

It was in the 70's or 80's.

Sleuthster, is that the case where they think the sister was being held by a motorcycle gang? I maybe getting cases confused.

duckett_trenton.jpg
duckett_trenton_ap4.jpg

Trenton John Duckett

Endangered Missing -- Missing Since: August 27, 2006

Missing From: Leesburg, Florida

Height: 3'0" -- Weight: 35 lbs -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Brown

Trenton is Biracial. He is Asian and White. Trenton has a small mark over his left eye. He was last seen wearing denim shorts and a green and blue striped shirt.

Two year-old Trenton Duckett was safe and sound in his bedroom at about 7:00 PM on the night of August 27. That's what Melinda Duckett told police when she reported Trenton missing. She said she was in the same Windemere Villas apartment watching the movie "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" with two male friends.

When she went to check on Trenton around 9:00 PM, he was gone. Police said they received a 911 call at about that time reporting Trenton missing. When investigators arrived, Melinda pointed out that the screen on the bedroom window had been cut. Suspecting that someone may have broken into Trenton's bedroom and grabbed him through the window, they sent the screen to the lab to examine it for further evidence.

Police in Leesburg initially questioned friends, relatives, neighbors and local sex offenders. They scoured the Windemere Villas apartment complex and nearby neighborhoods. With the help of volunteers, they distributed fliers with photos and information about Trenton throughout Florida and as far north as Georgia. And still no Trenton.

Police spent several days using dogs, ATVs, and helicopters to search through the saw palmettos and slash pines of the Ocala National Forest. Dive teams searched muddy lake bottoms in zero visibility. They found a garbage bag that looked like it had teeth marks and blood on it, and called in alligator trappers. And still no sign of Trenton Duckett.

Melinda Duckett's grandparents found her body slumped in their bedroom closet on Sept. 8. Cops say she bought a shotgun in a pawnshop two days before Trenton went missing, but shot herself in the head with one of her grandfather's shotguns.

Cops are still trying to construct a timeline of Melinda and Trenton Duckett's whereabouts on August 25 and August 26. But now with Melinda's suicide, they're changing the direction of their investigation, moving away from the possibility that a stranger abducted Trenton, towards the idea that Melinda may have either hidden or murdered the child.

NCMEC

Charley Project

AMW

Help Find Trenton

I am still holding on to the information about Trenton Duckett that I heard in a Sanford retaurant that Trentons body is in a junk yard near Leesburg, Florida.

This case is so heart wrenching. I pray one day that we may find out what happened to this sweet little angel.

I am still holding on to the information about Trenton Duckett that I heard in a Sanford retaurant that Trentons body is in a junk yard near Leesburg, Florida.

I hope you have reported this to LE.

Haven't posted here in quite a while but I have obtained very interesting public records from FDLE. I have a blog devoted to this case that has been published for one year now. Because my beginnings started here on Websleuths I know that there are many from here who are still interested in this case. I have posted 60 pages from one of the interviews by Jim Dunnegan and Richard Giles with Melinda Duckett. Many have said that she walked out of her interview with Leesburg police, not giving them any information. Well, she walks out...but NOT until 60 pages worth of interview and then it was to finally speak to her attorney who was waiting for her in the lobby. Here is the link to those 60 pages. www.duckettbucket.blogspot.com

During the first movie, (which was brought by Chris Pearce to her apartment) about half way through, Chris, Danny and Melinda ALL heard a car door slam. Then Melinda described a sound somewhat like a refrigerator motor going on.

I also have ALL the crime scene photos of Melinda's suicide. And the FDLE report on her grandfather's shotgun. When FDLE found her shotgun...

THE MAGAZINE (CLIP) WAS JAMMED IN BACKWARDS! She would have had to load one bullet - which was fired into the wall - and then use the pump action gun to load a SECOND BULLET to shoot herself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back