FL FL - Trenton Duckett, 2, Leesburg, 27 Aug 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A couple found human remains in a bag Sunday night in a remote area of Lake County.

About 7:40 p.m., the couple -- who live in the area -- alerted the Lake Sheriff's Office about what they found on Austin Merritt Road near County Road 48 in Okahumpka, said sheriff's Sgt. John Herrell. Authorities released few details about the incident.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...s093007,0,3856478.story?coll=orl_tab01_layout

I just can't help but think of Trenton...

Lake County investigators were examining human remains found over the weekend. Deputies said a passerby found the remains off of Austin-Merritt Road in Groveland in some high weeds and brush on Sunday night.

The Lake County Sheriff's Office said two people who live nearby found a suspicious bag alongside Austin-Merritt Road near CR-48 outside Okahumpka on Sunday night. Sheriff's deputies said possible human remains were found inside the bag.

Investigators couldn't say exactly what was found or if they are the remains of 2-year-old Trenton Duckett, who was reported missing more than a year ago by his mother, Melinda Duckett, in Leesburg.

http://www.wftv.com/news/14240471/detail.html

The Leesburg Police Department, the lead agency in the Trenton Duckett case, has checked in at the scene
they should be able to tell if it is a adult or a child right away. if it was a adult i wouldnt expect leesburg to have checked in at the scene. based on that i will assume for now this is the body of a child. whoever this baby is i am glad they can be placed in a marked grave and a family will have answers.

they should be able to tell if it is a adult or a child right away. if it was a adult i wouldnt expect leesburg to have checked in at the scene. based on that i will assume for now this is the body of a child. whoever this baby is i am glad they can be placed in a marked grave and a family will have answers.

LE is probably waiting for the pros to examine the bones before announcing if they are the bones of an adult or child. jmo

Lake County investigators were examining human remains found over the weekend. Deputies said a passerby found the remains off of Austin-Merritt Road in Groveland in some high weeds and brush on Sunday night.

The Lake County Sheriff's Office said two people who live nearby found a suspicious bag alongside Austin-Merritt Road near CR-48 outside Okahumpka on Sunday night. Sheriff's deputies said possible human remains were found inside the bag.

Investigators couldn't say exactly what was found or if they are the remains of 2-year-old Trenton Duckett, who was reported missing more than a year ago by his mother, Melinda Duckett, in Leesburg.

Hi Chico it's been a long time since I have posted here, but today felt something might have been happening and was surprised to see the post about the suspicious bag. I couldn't bring up your link so googled and found this article.

-snippet-

The sheriff's office said it was working with the Medical Examiner's Office to get more information and hoped to know whether the remains were of a child or an adult by Monday afternoon. Early indications, though, were that the remains were not those of a toddler, ruling out any connection to missing toddler Trenton Duckett.

I have always been of the opinion, Melinda disposed of Trenton in a garbage dumpster. I remember there being a report of a body found (maybe it was reported about a dumster, not sure but almost certain) and it was soon after that when Melinda had been found dead. I can't remember the poster's name right now, but the poster was following and reporting the breaking news about the find and Melinda's death soon after, so to me the theory could have been spot on. :( I keep praying Trenton is alive tho, there is always a chance.

Well that is soo good to hear, that's its probably not Trenton. Phew! But it is someone else.....hope they make an ID soon.

If Trenton were ever going to be returned, Halloween would have been the time to do it.

Two Halloweens have come and gone.

My heart and prayers go out to Josh and Carla. I pray your baby is brought home to you soon.

I found this quite heartening - Trenton's missing poster is prominently displayed in a gas station/convenience store in western Maryland.

This past weekend we went to visit family, and stopped at a small-town gas station, going in to use the restroom and get snacks. While waiting in line to pay, I looked over to the side of the check-out counter, and right in the middle of the community bulletin board advertising free kittens and lawn mowers for sale and day-care openings was Trenton's sweet little face. I recognized him immediately. And here's the best part - the other people who had put up their ads had made sure to leave the information on Trenton's poster easily visible. There was nothing overlapping it.

The only thing that concerns me is that children that young change so much in facial appearance - hopefully if Trenton isn't found and returned home soon, someone will do some age-progression pictures of him so we might have a better idea of what to look for.

Heard that duckett,s body was in a junk yard near leesburg--any truth to it?

Heard that duckett,s body was in a junk yard near leesburg--any truth to it?

Where did you hear this? When did you hear this? For the record, "duckett,s body" has a name. It is Trenton. He is 3 years old.

jmo

Was in a restaurant in Sanford, Florida. There were people at an adjoining table. Heard an elderly man say, "Duckett's body is in a junk yard near Leesbourg, Florida. (knew it had to be Trenton Duckett that he was referring too.) One of the women asked him if he did anything about it. He replied "he had called Crime Line and gave them the information" This was several months ago, and have heard nothing about any search of a junk yard near Leesburg.

Was in a restaurant in Sanford, Florida. There were people at an adjoining table. Heard an elderly man say, "Duckett's body is in a junk yard near Leesbourg, Florida. (knew it had to be Trenton Duckett that he was referring too.) One of the women asked him if he did anything about it. He replied "he had called Crime Line and gave them the information" This was several months ago, and have heard nothing about any search of a junk yard near Leesburg.

Unfortunately, there has been no news about Trenton for a long time.

My thoughts and prayers are with his father and grandmother during what must be a very hard time of the year. My heart aches for them and for all of the families that are worried about missing loved ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back