GUILTY FL - Tricia Todd, 30, Hobe Sound, 27 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
https://www.researchgate.net/public...f_bone_from_dissolving_human_remains_in_acids

Microscopic residues of bone from dissolving human remains in acids.

Conference: Annual Scientific Meeting of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences, At Seattle, WA, Volume: 66
E.J. Vermeij (e.vermeij@nfi.minvenj.nl), P.D. Zoon, M.van Wijk, R.R.R. Gerretsen (Netherlands Forensic Institute)

Page 2 Excerpt - Conclusion
If time and the available amount of acid are not limiting factors it is possible to dissolve a human body in acid completely, without leaving any macroscopic detectable residues. The only body components that are resistant to acid and will at least partly survive are gallstones and artificial components, like artificial teeth, implants, etc.

BLess all those men and women who worked out in the heat to recover Tricia's remains.

But Friday, both Snyder and Bakkedahl said they now believe the murder to be premeditated — which would be first-degree murder and negate the plea deal, meaning Williams could spend life in prison.
Williams' demeanor has changed since the plea deal, Snyder said. He has become more "cold and flat".
"I have witnessed that myself, both sides of his personality," Snyder said. "He was more and more and more engaging and more willing to try to clearly talk his way out of all that's going on, and once his bail was set and there was no getting out, he has been as cold as ice ever since."

Bakkedahl said he's comforted in the fact remains have been found.
"I cannot begin to tell you how close we were to this case never being solved," he said.
"It's the unfortunate reality of this business that on occasion you must make a deal with the devil, and I made a deal with the devil."

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/crime/ma...s-33d38a0e-9efd-3daa-e053-0100-381177241.html

Evidence detectives gathered Friday as they searched through camp and burn sites in Hungryland Wildlife and Environmental Area looking for more of Hobe Sound mother Tricia Todd's remains suggest Steven Williams was in the state park for more than two hours disposing of his former wife and may have pre-planned the excursion, Sheriff William Snyder said. Detectives, deputies, forensic anthropologists from Florida Gulf Coast University and other rescue personnel searched for a third day Friday, before stopping around 7 p.m.
Snyder said officials have decided to halt the search.
"Today is the last day. We recovered a portion of her body and we can't find the rest," he said Friday night. "We're back to square one."

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/crime/ma...s-33d38a0e-9efd-3daa-e053-0100-381177241.html

Evidence detectives gathered Friday as they searched through camp and burn sites in Hungryland Wildlife and Environmental Area looking for more of Hobe Sound mother Tricia Todd's remains suggest Steven Williams was in the state park for more than two hours disposing of his former wife and may have pre-planned the excursion, Sheriff William Snyder said. Detectives, deputies, forensic anthropologists from Florida Gulf Coast University and other rescue personnel searched for a third day Friday, before stopping around 7 p.m.
Snyder said officials have decided to halt the search.
"Today is the last day. We recovered a portion of her body and we can't find the rest," he said Friday night. "We're back to square one."

..thanks for the updates

it makes me sick to envision the smirk on his face making the plea deal if he led LE to her body..( knowing full well that hadn't laid her down "peacefully" with her cell phone.....but had killed/butchered/and further doused her body with acid.)

..I pray that with his lies in the plea, that it is negated and the appropriate charges ( M1) will apply, along with the appropriate sentence ( life, or the DP.)

..thanks for the updates

it makes me sick to envision the smirk on his face making the plea deal if he led LE to her body..( knowing full well that hadn't laid her down "peacefully" with her cell phone.....but had killed/butchered/and further doused her body with acid.)

..I pray that with his lies in the plea, that it is negated and the appropriate charges ( M1) will apply, along with the appropriate sentence ( life, or the DP.)

I feel the exact same way. I understand completely why her family wanted to accept a plea - of COURSE they want Tricia home. My heart breaks for what her friends and family are going through. SW is a narcissistic opportunist who used his own child as BAIT in order to carry out his plan to murder her mother. He has lied at every turn, and is smug in his deal while still maintaining control of the situation by refusing to reveal where else she may be. The last time I felt such disgust at a human being was in the case of Caylee.

I hope with every fiber of my being that they are able to reject his Alford plea and put him on death row, where he certainly belongs. I would love to be a witness to his execution.

I feel the exact same way. I understand completely why her family wanted to accept a plea - of COURSE they want Tricia home. My heart breaks for what her friends and family are going through. SW is a narcissistic opportunist who used his own child as BAIT in order to carry out his plan to murder her mother. He has lied at every turn, and is smug in his deal while still maintaining control of the situation by refusing to reveal where else she may be. The last time I felt such disgust at a human being was in the case of Caylee.

I hope with every fiber of my being that they are able to reject his Alford plea and put him on death row, where he certainly belongs. I would love to be a witness to his execution.

I hope so too. I can't imagine how the family is feeling. And they couldn't even bring all of her home. I am completely heartbroken

Why hasn't anyone from the media asked about his phone records, internet history, financials ,and credit card uses the days before this to see where he purchased these items ? Does his family still live here ? Does he have friends here ? What is his background story? There has been nothing about any of this which would help lead to a clearer picture . Instead they ask questions like "what time will you begin digging"? What's next ? And sheriff you look upset , can you explain your feelings ? The sheriff has been great in answering all questions . Why Can't we see the surveillance footage yet?

And wptv has a picture of TT's daughter and her on the front page with a headline that reads "Tricia dismembered by chainsaw " . It's been up for 2 days now. Take the picture of the child off with that headline . It's horrible .

Why hasn't anyone from the media asked about his phone records, internet history, financials ,and credit card uses the days before this to see where he purchased these items ? Does his family still live here ? Does he have friends here ? What is his background story? There has been nothing about any of this which would help lead to a clearer picture . Instead they ask questions like "what time will you begin digging"? What's next ? And sheriff you look upset , can you explain your feelings ? The sheriff has been great in answering all questions . Why Can't we see the surveillance footage yet?

And wptv has a picture of TT's daughter and her on the front page with a headline that reads "Tricia dismembered by chainsaw " . It's been up for 2 days now. Take the picture of the child off with that headline . It's horrible .

There is just no decency sometimes.

I have no idea why no one is asking those questions. I wonder if it has anything to do with his military connection. It shouldn't matter - Tricia was military, as well.

Very rarely do we see investigative reporting anymore. Most is just repeating what other outlets or the AP is reporting.

They are a very devout faith driven family, based off of this interview. I am certain there are still many people in the family who have hatred, anger etc. but from Tricia's journal and how her brother speaks here. I get the impression that they truly are at a level of peace only they can understand at this time.

(If it were me I would be so mad, hurt, broken etc., they would never be able to interview me because nothing would make any sense!)

http://m.wpbf.com/news/exclusive-br...F+25+News&utm_medium=FBPAGE&utm_source=Social

Regarding news: in my opinion, local television-based news outlets are the worst. They know that grisly crimes get viewers, so they'll push the story hard without a lot of care about facts.

I know that "newspapers" are a dying breed, but I can say that when I lived in that area, the Palm Beach Post usually knocked it out of the park for ACTUAL journalism.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/n...ricia-todds-remains-resumes-in-remote-/nrT8P/

The dismemberment, acid and swampy lands is almost exactly like what Grant and Amanda Hayes did to Laura Ackerson. I wonder if Williams followed that case? Grant too lured Laura to his apartment using the guise of seeing their children. It's almost an exact copycat!

Regarding news: in my opinion, local television-based news outlets are the worst. They know that grisly crimes get viewers, so they'll push the story hard without a lot of care about facts.

I know that "newspapers" are a dying breed, but I can say that when I lived in that area, the Palm Beach Post usually knocked it out of the park for ACTUAL journalism.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/n...ricia-todds-remains-resumes-in-remote-/nrT8P/

From that link

"On Thursday, crews found Todd’s lower torso in the preserve. "

So they are assuming it's her. And that explains why they say it will need to be confirmed by DNA. That's just horrible.

Now I have legal training, and I can tell you that unless the deal is very specific about finding her "whole" body, it can not be thrown out. They will have to find other means to have it disqualified. Also if he is successful in claims about not remembering what happened, you can't prove he is lying.
As an attorney one must find the best possible defence to their client. It's not about the moral right or wrong. It's the way the cookie crumbles.

Off my pedestal. Please understand that in law there are no emotions. Sorry if I have insulted anyone.

If the plea isn't overturned, how or when would Air Force pick up charges? I know on Erin Corwin case and her USMC perp, military did nothing as far as charges. Do they only pick them up if happened on their territory?

Does the fact he disposed on state land enhance anything? Is that federal land?

The dismemberment, acid and swampy lands is almost exactly like what Grant and Amanda Hayes did to Laura Ackerson. I wonder if Williams followed that case? Grant too lured Laura to his apartment using the guise of seeing their children. It's almost an exact copycat!

Yeah, lot of deja vu here. And did you notice that Williams lived in Raleigh?

Why would you emulate a murder where the murderer got caught?

Oh my...may God's Grace be upon you, beautiful Tricia. Rest in peace, beautiful RN & caregiver to those ill & in need.
My heart breaks for her lovely daughter & family.

Moo

I think that quote made it sound like he killed her with the chain saw, but they seem to think he likely strangled or caused head trauma to her – only using the chain saw for dismemberment.

Here's another unrelated thought that puzzles me. If he did dismember her at this isolated site, why the need for containers? Would it be specifically to ensure that the body remained covered in the acid? That's the only thing I can think of. If it weren't for the lack of forensic evidence at the place SW was staying, I would be wondering if the containers were used for transport so no one got suspicious when he carried them out of the house. But it seems like this was not the case.

I wondered this as well. He could have easily brought her out there and put her in the ground and never said a word about it and she would have never been found. He hated her. HATED. That's why. And he's so full of himself he wanted people to know what happened. He easily could have lied about everything. Either he's dumb or he just relishes in the fact that people know what happened to her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the plea isn't overturned, how or when would Air Force pick up charges? I know on Erin Corwin case and her USMC perp, military did nothing as far as charges. Do they only pick them up if happened on their territory?

Does the fact he disposed on state land enhance anything? Is that federal land?

Someone earlier in the thread (my apologies for forgetting who) said that the military court would take over after he was released from prison, and that the military punishment would be life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back