GUILTY FL - Tristyn Bailey, 13, found deceased, St Johns Co, 9 May 2021 *14 yo Arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like teenagers today have pretty much been raised using technology from a very young age and having unlimited access to anything on the internet. More of their social interactions are through social media and online, leading to depersonalization of others.

This this this! Add in early development of online personas, learning to curate the way you present yourself to the world and access to unlimited violent material and you basically have youngsters creating real life avatars for themselves and consuming dangerous content from a young age. A dissociation effect must be something academics are looking at.

@juliasalmons
Thank you for the link to the incident report.
Those were 34 very traumatizing pages, but I learned a lot about the friends and families of both TB and AF.

Gut-wrenching. God help TB's family.

I give a lot of credit to the detectives and to the neighbors who shared their camera footage with LE. I understand how teenagers are, but I still think it's despicable that no one seems to have told their parents or teachers about the threats that AF had been making. JMO.

Thank you for sharing that very informative document.

I was shocked to see that AF's mother asked him/ suggested to him something along the lines of " did you take something" as that would "justify" doing something stupid. Just complete lack of empathy.

To be completely honest, I don't know if I believe that was her intention. My mom is a law abiding attorney and if I was being accused of such a heinous crime, I think that question would have been on her list of questions to ask me. We don't know the tone or manner in which it was asked so I can completely see a mom being like "my kid MUST have been on drugs/alcohol to do something like this."
JMO

Thank you for posting this.
After reading this I get the feeling AF was laying the blame on Tristyn by saying, (and most likely making up), that she grabbed his private area and he pushed her down. Also discussing that she hung with a drug dealer and was meeting a drug dealer to tarnish her reputation and lay the blame on her and possible drug dealer.
I can see a defense team trying to use this in AF's defense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I listened to Profiling Evil segments on this case today. Shocking things coming to light, particularly that he had been talking about committing this heinous murder. I want to think the teens just thought he was talking out his arse and really wouldn't do it. Hopefully this brings some awareness for teens to tell someone in the future.

Last edited:
Warning - Disturbing.

One thing that confused me in the case file:

TB’s shirt.
It sounds like she was wearing her shirt backwards when she was stabbed multiple times in the back (based on Holes in shirt and her wounds). However, when they found her, her shirt was back on correctly. Did AF take her shirt off after killing her? (Gross)

They also noted her bra was inside out. Which may mean something or not. Plus the bloody hand prints on her legs. Ugh.

ETA - what a coward for stabbing her in the back.

Warning - Disturbing.

TB’s shirt.
It sounds like she was wearing her shirt backwards when she was stabbed multiple times in the back (based on Holes in shirt and her wounds). However, when they found her, her shirt was back on correctly. Did AF take her shirt off after killing her? (Gross)

They also noted her bra was inside out. Which may mean something or not. Plus the bloody hand prints on her legs. Ugh.

IMO both garments possibly removed and hastily put back on is very telling.

Warning - Disturbing.

TB’s shirt.

This stood out to me too but if this happened after she died, wouldn't her bra have bloody fingerprints of AF all over?

I don't believe she grabbed him at all but I do believe he tried to kiss her.

Did they do a drug test on him when arrested? He claimed he smoked weed but simply smoking weed won't make you do anything like this at all imo and I hope it won't turn out to be a 'Weed is baaaad, m'kay' situation... although if you are schizophrenic even weed can cause severe 'side effects' and he clearly has some mental illness imo.

This stood out to me too but if this happened after she died, wouldn't her bra have bloody fingerprints of AF all over?

I don't believe she grabbed him at all but I do believe he tried to kiss her.

Did they do a drug test on him when arrested? He claimed he smoked weed but simply smoking weed won't make you do anything like this at all imo and I hope it won't turn out to be a 'Weed is baaaad, m'kay' situation... although if you are schizophrenic even weed can cause severe 'side effects' and he clearly has some mental illness imo.

Well it definitely happened pre the stab wounds to her back, as the cuts were in the front of her shirt

Last edited:
Well it definitely happened pre the stab wounds to her back, as the cuts were in the front of her shirt

Fair Warning

The details of this case are horrendous. Every thread should begin with a warning to notify everyone that if you can't handle the gruesome truth, best avoid this one.

The cuts in TBs shirt were apparently made when stabbing her in the back. As, MoeInVA aptly says: Coward.

However, the cut portions of her shirt were in the front when she was found. Someone suggested that perhaps he removed her shirt in order to look at his handiwork.

The stabs appeared to enter from a downward trajectory, according to the incident report, so I guess he was positioned behind her, at some point, although we may not learn the precise order of the wounds until later.

Mike, of Profiling Evil, said some of the knife wounds on her hands went all the way through piercing the skull bone as she held her head while trying to protect it. Saddest and most sadistic thing ever.

Warning - Disturbing.

TB’s shirt.

From p. 17 of report:
“During the course of the post mortem examination, the following observations were made:
_Tristyn was wearing a black Victoria's Secret shirtwith the word "Pink" across the front. Numerous defectsinthefrontoftheshirtwereconsistentwithsharpforcetraumainjuriesonTristyn'sbackand therewerenoinjuriesonTristyn'schest. Thus, itwasdeterminedTristynworehershirtbackwards. This is also consistent with information previously obtained by Deputy Liam Stack from Doffis -that he described Tristyn as last seen wearing a black and grey shirt with the word “Pink” across the front.”

I thought that the “brassier” (sic) being inside out, along with the shirt, might’ve just been the result of a teen trying to hurriedly dress in a dark room so she could dash out without alerting anyone else in the house. I don’t know if she shared a room with a sibling or not, but if so, she might’ve tried to dress in total darkness so the sibling/other family members didn’t awaken before she left. As we know, one of the siblings did catch her in the act of leaving, though they did not insist she stay home…I feel badly for that sibling, who likely feels some guilt about the horrific outcome of their sister’s otherwise mostly innocent act of teenage rebellion.

From p. 17 of report:
“During the course of the post mortem examination, the following observations were made:
_Tristyn was wearing a black Victoria's Secret shirtwith the word "Pink" across the front. Numerous defectsinthefrontoftheshirtwereconsistentwithsharpforcetraumainjuriesonTristyn'sbackand therewerenoinjuriesonTristyn'schest. Thus, itwasdeterminedTristynworehershirtbackwards. This is also consistent with information previously obtained by Deputy Liam Stack from Doffis -that he described Tristyn as last seen wearing a black and grey shirt with the word “Pink” across the front.”

I thought that the “brassier” (sic) being inside out, along with the shirt, might’ve just been the result of a teen trying to hurriedly dress in a dark room so she could dash out without alerting anyone else in the house. I don’t know if she shared a room with a sibling or not, but if so, she might’ve tried to dress in total darkness so the sibling/other family members didn’t awaken before she left. As we know, one of the siblings did catch her in the act of leaving, though they did not insist she stay home…I feel badly for that sibling, who likely feels some guilt about the horrific outcome of their sister’s otherwise mostly innocent act of teenage rebellion.

She left home with her t-shirt on the correct way, as the friend whose house she went to told the officers she was wearing a t-shirt with the 'PINK' logo on the front. So while at his house, her shirt was on the right way round

Thank you for sharing that very informative document.

I was shocked to see that AF's mother asked him/ suggested to him something along the lines of " did you take something" as that would "justify" doing something stupid. Just complete lack of empathy.

I was appalled to read in the Incident Reports that CS tried to convince AF that he was wearing khaki pants that evening. I view her actions differently than I did originally. Jail time will suffice.

Further, LE found 8 knives at his home, one in the pond and two that his gf gave to police. There was also a handmade shank at his home. 12 lethal weapons!

How does a child secret so many numerous weapons from his mother without detection?

Page 12 of the IR
CS asked if Aiden wore khakis or blue jeans. Aiden advised he wore blue jeans. CS asked again if Aiden was sure there was nothing on them. Aiden replied, I don't think so. Why?" - CS then gave Aiden a questioning look and whispered, “Blood.” - CS then stated, “When we looked on the camera, you were wearing khakis." Shorty after, CS asked, “Right?” Aiden then indicated yes. This appeared to be CS attempting to convince Aiden he was wearing khaki pans instead of biue jeans, contrary to his previous response.

Page 18 of the IR
Kidder, and CST Whittington present. During this search, the following items were located: - 8 pocket knives - 1 homemade “shank”

Page 19 of the IR
At approximately 1830 hours, Deputy TD, a diver with the SJSO Dive Team located a knife within the pond... Deputy Delisa recovered a “Buck” brand folding knife with a wood and brass handle. The tip of the knife was bent and fractured. The knife was recovered from near the southern end of the large pond, east of the Saddlestone cul-de-sac. The knife was recovered approximately 140 feet from where TB was located.

Page 27 of the IR
Additionally, Detective Newman responded back to the B residence and collected two knives from [gf]. One of the knives collected was the knife Aiden called “picker,” with the orange skull on the handle and serrated blade. Detective Newman advised [gf] stated Aiden broke that knife at her house and he left it there.

https://s3.documentcloud.org/docume...MUj1wvz2pbqoxItOQ96YUZmjLusYSmDFW8C9e_PhtFGVQ

I hope this violent predator doesn't walk free among us for a very very long time. I don't always say that about such young offenders.

I usually support them having a chance for rehabilitation and maturity, when they are this young. If they get caught up in a drug deal or a robbery, and pull the trigger, I believe they can often change their ways after several years of education and rehab.

But I truly believe that this perp is too far gone. He was planning this for a long time and had no problem telling others about his exciting plans. He had plenty of time to get help or change his plans.

When he did the deed, he went into overkill, and obviously enjoyed himself way too much.

When waiting in the patrol car, he was way too smug and proud of his brutality. He mocked Tristyn, smirking as he posted his little 'anyone seen Tristyn ' joke for his friends. It was just a sick joke to him.

Then he had no problem telling his parents the truth about his bloody clothing---knowing they would support him, which they did. He was nonchalant about it---telling his mom he walked barefoot because his feet hurt.

He cannot be trusted walking around free, ever again, in my opinion. He has no compassion or respect for life, no humanity. He seems like an empty shell. I don't see how any prison programs can ever fix that.

I am an activist for Criminal Justice Reform. Our prisons are filled with people who need second chances bc they bought a small amount of pot from someone wearing a wire, for instance. Even those who break into the homes of strangers to steal stuff so they can supply their unending need for drugs deserve a second chance. Many of them were raised by outlaws. Some college graduates have their dream job when a major medical event can cause them to become addicted to opioids that may lead to a need to find them on the streets. Before they know it, they've lost their job, their home, their spouse and find themselves homeless or in prison.

Many of our prisoners can and should be rehabilitated instead of bring sentenced to correctional facilities. Killers are not on the list. Someone who murders by stabbing another human 114 times doesn't deserve anything but the strong arm of the law. A stiff life long sentence is befitting of this crime.

I am an activist for Criminal Justice Reform. Our prisons are filled with people who need second chances bc they bought a small amount of pot from someone wearing a wire, for instance. Even those who break into the homes of strangers to steal stuff so they can supply their unending need for drugs deserve a second chance. Many of them were raised by outlaws. Some college graduates have their dream job when a major medical event can cause them to become addicted to opioids that may lead to a need to find them on the streets. Before they know it, they've lost their job, their home, their spouse and find themselves homeless or in prison.

Many of our prisoners can and should be rehabilitated instead of bring sentenced to correctional facilities. Killers are not on the list. Someone who murders by stabbing another human 114 times doesn't deserve anything but the strong arm of the law. A stiff life long sentence is befitting of this crime.

I agree. We really don’t need another Michele Gates situation, it’s not worth anyone else’s life being taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm