FL v. Franklin Tyrone Tucker - "Treehouse Murder Trial"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As much as I believe FTT most likely involved in the crime, and possibly committed the homicide, the states case was weak... they did not prove their case. Is the getaway driver believable? There was no evidence he committed the crime beyond a reasonable doubt. I wanted more than a witness testimony, especially someone involved in the crime.

If the jury's verdict (which I believe they will) is not to convict, he will have a bigger head than he already has now.

All a matter of opinion.
I don't know what to think. Was there a group of grifty people that sit around drink and do drugs who schemed to rob one of them who had some money? Yes. Who actually did what is unknown because the witnesses and the testimony is unreliable. As crazy as this jury is and as frustrating as FTT can be there is no way I could convict him beyond a reasonable doubt.

I think Paula Belamonte has been totally discredited today in rebuttal. So the only remaining question is does the jury believe Johnson? I say yes. He’s credible. To add to that, the defendant testified that he knew Paula before this incident (specifically he had been to the Treehouse “partying” and sleeping there) and he was hanging out with Rory and Travis the day of the incident. Prosecutor made a good point about why Tucker used a neck gaiter - to hide his recognizable long beard. He was homeless and using drugs at the time - that covers his financial motive as well as his drug seeking behavior. He comes across like the con man he is. Jury will find him guilty. JMO
Excellent (agreed!) points, and I've struggled with these same concerns about FTT as he puts himself with Rory & Travis, and using drugs, and though he said he passed out, and he can't remember some things, how convenient is that for him. Well, maybe he conveniently doesn't remember being at the Treehouse and committing the crime, too?

He is a liar, but is the jury able to convict according to law? There is direct (eye witness account) evidence, hence, Johnson's testimony, and there is circumstantial evidence, which establishes that FTT is connected to the crime, he put himself at the Treehouse on that fateful day.

In addition, I've wondered if FTT had a beef with Matt over the renting issue as well?

All is jmo

WATCH LIVE: Treehouse Murder Trial — FL v. Franklin Tyrone Tucker — Day Nine​

Franklin Tyrone Tucker is accused of murdering Matthew Bonnett in the Florida Keys back in November of 2017. Tucker allegedly stabbed Bonnett inside his Stock island treehouse. Tucker is one of three people arrested and charged with the murder, which allegedly stemmed from a drug deal and desire for drug money. The Florida man is expected to represent himself, without an attorney.

Excellent (agreed!) points, and I've struggled with these same concerns about FTT as he puts himself with Rory & Travis, and using drugs, and though he said he passed out, and he can't remember some things, how convenient is that for him. Well, maybe he conveniently doesn't remember being at the Treehouse and committing the crime, too?

He is a liar, but is the jury able to convict according to law? There is direct (eye witness account) evidence, hence, Johnson's testimony, and there is circumstantial evidence, which establishes that FTT is connected to the crime, he put himself at the Treehouse on that fateful day.

In addition, I've wondered if FTT had a beef with Matt over the renting issue as well?

All is jmo
Ohhh I had a hard time staying awake during his narrative testimony. Did he say Matt wouldn’t let him stay at the treehouse? I remember him saying Paula woke him up once while he was sleeping at the treehouse telling him he’s gotta go. If Matt didn’t like him, it would make a lot of sense why he would kill him because he is a vindictive man and harbors a lot of rage probably. Rory’s girlfriend also didn’t like him. JMO

Been curious about whether PB received any "tips" or promised a "tip" for later. So she got a trip to CA according to the prosecutor. imo, That's what changed her testimony.

2nd degree murder is feasible in this case. moo

There were two knives? Goodness, I know I missed some of the trial.

He is a deadbeat, that he is. Such a different type of trial. Hope that justice is served. If he did this, hope he is found guilty. moo

5 minute break, then FTT closing arguments

Edited: additional comments

Last edited:
Yesterday, FTT said multimillionaires, not an attorney. just saying... you need to be watching trial to know what I am speaking about. moo

Thus far, he has not said ... I did not do this, I did not kill MB, or I did not partake in this crime, something - I'm innocent - anything? jmo

He knows what he is doing and is slick at getting certain comments in. knows jurors can't un-hear the comments.

From prosecutors' closing arguments: PB deposition 5/19/2019- (paraphrase) police found a knife with blood on it because and it would be my blood, oh no, (FTT) it would be Matt’s blood.

Last edited:
The State is not ready, they need to add to instructions(?), therefore, jury instructions and deliberations tomorrow.
Judge is explaining everything to the Jury.
Recess until 9:00 am ET tomorrow.

Last edited:
Catching up on what I missed today…..

So this fool ran into Paula at McDonalds and told her the blood on the knife they found was Matt’s blood and not hers. Tucker says he knew this information from the cops who interviewed him all night (he wasn’t allowed to argue that but he said it and the jurors can’t unhear it - he knows what he’s doing). Prosecutor says the dna results didn’t come in till much later so the cops wouldn’t have had that info at the time of his interview. There is no way the cops could’ve told him that because they wouldn’t have tested the blood and gotten results so fast. I don’t think he was interviewed until a couple weeks after the incident but I could be wrong about that. Even so I don’t think they would have dna results 2 weeks out from the incident either. Also highly doubtful cops would share that info w/him even if they had it.

He’s finished!
JMO

So this fool ran into Paula at McDonalds and told her the blood on the knife they found was Matt’s blood and not hers. Tucker says he knew this information from the cops who interviewed him all night (he wasn’t allowed to argue that but he said it and the jurors can’t unhear it - he knows what he’s doing). Prosecutor says the dna results didn’t come in till much later so the cops wouldn’t have had that info at the time of his interview. There is no way the cops could’ve told him that because they wouldn’t have tested the blood and gotten results so fast. I don’t think he was interviewed until a couple weeks after the incident but I could be wrong about that. Even so I don’t think they would have dna results 2 weeks out from the incident either. Also highly doubtful cops would share that info w/him even if they had it.

He’s finished!
JMO

It's intriguing to follow the 'Treehouse Murder Trial' and see how the case unfolds with Franklin Tyrone Tucker representing himself. The dynamics of this case, especially with Tucker's decision to forgo legal representation, adds an unusual twist to the proceedings. The lack of direct forensic evidence seems to be a significant point of discussion. It raises questions about the reliability of testimonies and the weight of circumstantial evidence in such a high-profile case.
Considering the involvement of Tucker's childhood friend and CrossFit co-founder Lauren Jenai, the social and financial aspects of this trial are also quite fascinating. It seems there's a complex web of relationships and histories at play here, which could influence the trial's outcome.
I'm particularly interested in how the jury will interpret the evidence and testimonies, given the lack of direct forensic links to Tucker. Also, the strategy behind Tucker's self-representation is something to watch, as it's relatively rare for defendants in such serious cases to represent themselves. Does anyone have thoughts on how this might impact the trial's outcome or Tucker's defense approach?

I thought the incident/murder happened on the 17th and he was arrested on the 22? Was he really going to bring his son to his homeless situation? He probably wasn't earning $30 an hour more like $3. an hour. We have to remember that when he saw Paula at McDonald's he didn't have access to money. She contacted police because she was scared, and she told police, he wooed her with money and she changes testimony. Didn't he say in his story that she had a restraining order against him and she had to get it dismissed so he could actually talk with/bribe her

He’s finished!
JMO
I've watched this entire pro se trial. It wasn't as hilarious as Darrell Brooks was it? o_O

I've watched this entire pro se trial. It wasn't as hilarious as Darrell Brooks was it? o_O
I just wish the Judge would have admonished him sooner that he would revoke his bail if he was late again

Darrell Brooks was infuriating with hilarious moments. Lol. A child throwing tantrums. Completely out of control. Tucker is a different animal. He’s savvier. Calculated. He also obviously has attorneys standing by to assist. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back