FL v. Franklin Tyrone Tucker - "Treehouse Murder Trial"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
State rested.

Judge granted motion to strike the witness. FTT upset about the motion to strike, and doesn’t have a witness for today.
FTT will file a motion to remove the judge from this case.

Last edited:
DAILY TRIAL HIGHLIGHTS

DAY 6 – 1/19/24

• Tucker was almost late to his trial again on Friday, one day after he was excoriated by Judge Mark H. Jones for being tardy on numerous occasions throughout the trial. Court was scheduled to begin at 9:15 am Friday, and Tucker walked in just seconds before the clock struck 9:16 am. Outside the courthouse, Tucker told Court TV he actually jumped out of his Lyft ride and ran the rest of the way to the courthouse to avoid a bench warrant, which Judge Mark H. Jones vowed to issue if Tucker caused any more delays in the proceedings.
  • Tucker’s oral argument for judgment of acquittal Friday morning was more of an airing of grievances than a cogent legal presentation.
  • Extensive efforts by the defendant to accommodate the Zoom testimony of Paula Belmonte on Friday were unsuccessful. Her attempted testimony was stricken from the record (the now-stricken testimony included disparaging remarks about one of the prosecutors, Joe Mansfield)
  • WATCH: Treehouse Murder Trial: Day 6 Recap
DAY 5 – 1/18/24

• Judge excoriated Tucker for being late to court and threatened to have him arrested if he was late again.
  • John “Travis” Johnson concludes his testimony, as the state repeatedly objected to questions asked by Tucker during his cross-examination.
  • Medical examiner Dr. Steckbauer takes the stand, describing the injuries that killed Bonnett.
  • A DNA expert testified that Tucker’s DNA was not found on the knife and that there were no samples collected to which he was identified as a potential contributor.
  • WATCH: Treehouse Murder Trial: Recap Day 5

Which chapter of the con man’s Bible are we on today? He had no witnesses ready to go and he says he’s filing a “disqualification” - I’m assuming to disqualify the judge or prosecutor - tomorrow and that will “take care” of tomorrow! Excuse me? This judge is too nice! He needed to tell him in no uncertain terms that if he didn’t have any witnesses ready to go tomorrow, his case will be closed and they will proceed to closing arguments. They should’ve finished the charge conference today if that hasn’t been done already. We know Tucker has no other legitimate witnesses. Closings should be tomorrow. JMO

FTT thinks if he files a motion to DQ that it automatically happens. Wonder if FTT will turn up on CTV or L&C tonight.

@arielilane separated into paragraphs for ease of reading.

@cathyrusson

From Tucker's FB page last night:Franklin Tyrone TuckerI'm sure some of you know how my day went and for those that don't it wasn't good. Almost nobody knows the history behind my case at this point except the few people who've been here since the beginning.There has been so much dirty crap done on this case that people would lose their minds knowing what has been done to me and what could be done to them.

If these legal analysts had any idea how bad this case actually is and what they've done trying to prosecute me it would make them sick to their stomachs.It has nothing to do with legal procedures, my abilities in court, objections, cross or my lack of legal expertise going Pro Se. You have to put that illusion aside and look into the entire case history to know what's happening and why they're still trying to lock me up even with this case. I

t also explains why the judge is acting the way he is... if you look back this dirty jackass did the same to my lawyers, hence why I'm Pro Se now. He didn't deny me setting up witnesses and my defense because he's worried about the jury's time, he did it because I put him on blast about some of the misconduct when I did my JOA motion and he's scared shitless that more of it will come out in front of the cameras.

My team has known for a very long time now how dirty this judge is, so we had to face the question of "how do you beat a dirty judge?" Especially when the State and Investigators are dirty too. The only thing we could come up with was "expose the cheating" and hope someone from outside this crooked county helps us.Arguing law to a bunch of criminals with 1 on the bench would have never worked. I'm guilty simply because they say I am...

So to all the analysts, stop thinking that my case is about procedures and filing motions or how I cross examine and look into what actually happened here. Check the documents, the videos, the reports and witnesses that prove every word I'm saying... don't believe my words, look at the proof we have.

I wrote this judge many years ago now accusing him of being a criminal, why? Because he is and I could prove it, and still can but people need to ignore his words and fake pleasantries and see him for what the evidence says he is... still a criminal, he just knows when to smile for the jury and the cameras.Think of it this way, you are literally trying to argue legal points to organized crime and then somehow thinking you'll actually win. Good luck with that, The Bubba system is strong here and if anyone out there can tell me the legal argument that will win against a dirty judge who has already shown he's willing to commit crimes to see you convicted I'd sure love to hear it.Till then I have to get back to work and hope there's at least 1 honest person on that jury, if not, then for as much as I love you all, this will probably be my last post. Guess we'll see tomorrow...Love you guys,Tye

9:29 AM · Jan 23, 2024

Last edited:
Earlier X post...

@cathyrusson
Well..... #FranklinTucker says he filed a motion for continuance overnight to give him time to file a motion for the judge to recuse himself. Just: DENIED. Tucker: Um... Judge: Denied. Are you ready to present evidence this morning? Tucker: No....I got the chief judge involved....Tucker says he's not getting a fair trial. "There's no chance of me getting a fair trial."#TreehouseMurderTrial

9:21 AM · Jan 23, 2024

Tucker is flailing. Haha. Looks like state has good rebuttal evidence against Paula Belamonte. Hope the jury can see through her testimony. I think the jury will also get that Tucker is the one stalling! That Facebook message was unhinged. He was cool and collected at the beginning of trial but that didn’t last long did it. JMO

WATCH LIVE: Treehouse Murder Trial — FL v. Franklin Tyrone Tucker — Day Eight​

Franklin Tyrone Tucker is accused of murdering Matthew Bonnett in the Florida Keys back in November of 2017. Tucker allegedly stabbed Bonnett inside his Stock island treehouse. Tucker is one of three people arrested and charged with the murder, which allegedly stemmed from a drug deal and desire for drug money. The Florida man is expected to represent himself, without an attorney.

@cathyrusson

"Your honor made it very clear that you weren't interested in my witnesses." - Pro se defendant #FranklinTucker blames the judge for Tucker not having any witnesses to present today. Tucker "called off" some witnesses and other witness(s) subpoenas had expired.

11:09 AM · Jan 23, 2024

"If you're going to force me to go to close (closing arguments) then it's a mistrial" - #FranklinTucker tells the judge. Judge: "Sir you can state and twist and spin whatever you'd like to...."

1706029382732.png

11:22 AM · Jan 23, 2024

Tucker: Maybe I misunderstood..Judge: You didn't misunderstand anything...

Tucker to judge: This is a railroad.

Judge Mark Jones ruled that #FranklinTucker defense case is complete. (Tucker refused to call any more witnesses and wants the judge recused). The state has a brief rebuttal case to rebut Paula Belmonte's video testimony. (which was the only defense witness) Then closing arguments will be tomorrow.

Tucker had a little smile for jurors as they were brought in earlier just to be told they were excused until 1pm.

1706029488038.png

11:44 AM · Jan 23, 2024

He's smarmy. He's really trying to make himself sound altruistic. Single Dad working hard making money to buy a new boat.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back