FL - West Palm Beach - Trump Assassination Attempt

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Nothing President Trump does will go without scrutiny. He wanted to golf with friends, on his golf course - he should be allowed to do that safely.
I fully agree. Trump, however, needs to help his protective detail by asking pertinent questions. Say:

- What course and what holes work best for you? - How much advance notice should I give you?

Nothing President Trump does will go without scrutiny. He wanted to golf with friends, on his golf course - he should be allowed to do that safely. Routh was permitted to stake that area out for nearly 12 hours prior and would have shot Trump if he had the chance. How was that stake out not noticed and permitted? It's divine intervention that he was spotted, stopped and caught. I look forward to reading more about what Routh has been up to and what he planned to do.
I'd say less divine and more SS who had a MONUMENTAL riot act read to them after PA. MO

I fundamentally agree with you.

At the same time, those federal man power (and woman power) sources probably need advance notice to be able to provide the additional people.

There is a possibility that "The Donald" woke up in the morning. Then over breakfast, announced that he was going golfing at the SS's least favorite course- that afternoon. And... that he will be playing the full course- ohh yeah.
The Secret Service needs to be prepared to provide adequate protection to President Trump at all times. If they are unable to do it I would hope they would tell him that. I think he now has a better idea that the leadership at the Secret Service has failed him.

I posted this link up thread that talks about golf courses.

The Secret Service deemed the Jupiter course much harder to manage from a security perspective than the Trump International course in West Palm Beach, the sources said.

The Secret Service needs to be prepared to provide adequate protection to President Trump at all times. If they are unable to do it I would hope they would tell him that. I think he now has a better idea that the leadership at the Secret Service has failed him.

I posted this link up thread that talks about golf courses.

What if the protectee refuses the advice of the SS? Who has the final decision?

jmo

What if the protectee refuses the advice of the SS? Who has the final decision?

jmo
Did that happen in this case?

I would like to know exactly when the Secret Service knew that President Trump was going golfing that Sunday afternoon. Did they explicitly tell him that they could not protect him from a shooter if he went?

JMO.

The go pro was attached to the fence, there's a shot of it in the 2nd video about a minute in. I've been reading how easy it is to use the camera as a webcam and the data is stored on the App. Was Routh remotely monitoring the golf course? Gunman lurked for hours before Trump's last-minute game of golf

I also would like to know if there is a link to the information that Trump refused to cooperate with Secret Service regarding this golfing trip?

Last edited:
The more I think about this, the more I think the guy was cosplaying assassin in the make-believe world in his grifting mind.

This does NOT mean I don't consider this a serious breach of security and a serious situation. It is serious.

But, I think his main motive was to capture images of himself with his gun and Trump in the background. I think the images/video would then be used to fake some street cred, a calling card to show what he can do.

It's possible he didn't know Trump would be there that day! But he still would have images of himself with a gun on Trump property.

I do not think he was part of a conspiracy. From what I gather, people figure out he is full of hot air quickly. He's not running in any elite circles (but pretends he does).

From the start, it looked like a goofball situation - backpacks hanging on a fence? That's his field tactics?

I am **NOT** downplaying the situation or finding excuses, simply stating my opinion that he seems like a delusional, full-of-himself man with a gun who was pretending to be capable of being an assassin.

Grateful and glad nobody was hurt.

jmopinion with info we know now.
I believe his gun was loaded. Apparently they can't charge him with attempted murder if it wasn't. But the fact that they're investigating it, indicates that it very likely was. Then, he's got the history with firearms etc.

But I do find it "different", that he took off as soon as the SS fired shots. Usually would be assassins are in "death by cop" mode. But it takes all kinds. I do think he had every intention of killing him.

Last edited:
I believe his gun was loaded. Apparently they can't charge him with attempted murder if it wasn't. But the fact that they're investigating it, indicates that it very likely was. Then, he's got the history with firearms etc.
Yes, it was a serious situation, no doubt about that. jmo

Last edited:
According to the Governor's office in Florida, one of the reasons they are investigating this case and plan to bring charges against RR is because the feds don't have the ability to charge the defendant with "attempted murder." Sounds like the feds can only charge the defendant with murder/assassination of a former president or threatening a former president. That is the main reason why the State of Florida is pursuing the case separately from the feds. Five years for threatening a former president is all that the feds may be able to charge him with, from what I have read so far and is my understanding. We should know more of the arraignment for RR actually takes place on September 30th as scheduled. Things like a stolen vehicle and/or license plates, etc. could be enough to hold him in jail for awhile, but to put him away for 30 years or more may require a state charge based on the evidence. JMO, IANAL.

Last edited:
According to the Governor's office in Florida, one of the reasons they are investigating this case and plan to bring charges against RR is because the feds don't have the ability to charge the defendant with "attempted murder." Sounds like the feds can only charge the defendant with murder/assassination of a former president or threatening a former president. That is the main reason why the State of Florida is pursuing the case separately from the feds. Five years for threatening a former president is all that the feds may be able to charge him with, from what I have read and my understanding. Things like a stolen vehicle and/or license plates, etc. could be enough to hold him in jail for awhile, but to put him away for 30 years or more may require a state charge based on the evidence. JMO, IANAL.
I don't know...
There are federal attempted murder charges, however the CFRs does not define "attempted".

I do think states have the ability to prosecute attempted murder and murder more expediently than the federal govt. Probably different types of evidence apply. Federal murder prosecutions also involve other federal violations. (RICO, wiretap, kidnapping etc)

They have federal statutes regarding attempted assassination of a president (don't know if it applies to former presidents. Squeaky Fromme was locked up for forty years for brandishing a gun at President Gerald Ford. (There are similarities to the Routh case, except Squeaky claimed she didn't know how to shoot a gun)

Routh is being held on two counts of federal firearm violations.

Stolen plates are a misdemeanor, so they can't hold him on that. (Otherwise, the jails would be full.)
When a serious crime is committed, stolen plates are more or less considered "evidence".

ETA: Fromme was eventually convicted of the attempted assassination of the president and received a life sentence under a 1965 law that made attempted presidential assassinations a federal crime (from wikipedia).

Last edited:
“The head of the Secret Service told Donald Trump in a private meeting that significant new security arrangements will be needed if he wants to keep playing golf, The New York Times reported on Tuesday.”
“Trump asked Ronald Rowe, the Secret Service's acting director, in a meeting on Monday whether it was safe for him to continue playing, the newspaper said. Rowe said the Secret Service views the golf course at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland as easier to secure because it is a military course.”

Donald Trump told new security arrangements are needed if he keeps playing golf | Reuters
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/do...e-needed-if-he-keeps-playing-golf-2024-09-17/

In the wake of what officials believe was a second recent attempt on Mr. Trump’s life,
the Secret Service’s top official has told him that more security and planning is needed for him to continue his golf outings, according to three people briefed on their conversation.

Rbm.

Rowe would be the first red bolded.

Wonder who the other three are mentioned in the NYT article ?

"...Former President Donald J. Trump gave his Secret Service detail short notice that he would be golfing at his course in West Palm Beach, Fla., on Sunday..."
"...The decision not to survey the course at Trump International Golf Club, because of a lack of time ..."

What about flying a drone around the perimeter before the game ?
It wouldn't require any streets being blocked off, and wouldn't impede daily life for the surrounding area.
The budget of the secret service would allow for such.
Maybe more than one drone if need be.

Eta : The secret service assigned to him have one job.
Even if spontaneous decisions are made, they should be able to accommodate the protection arrangements.
The unguarded fence could've undergone a cursory, basic check for armed people on the outside.
RR lay in wait for many hours.

I'm curious if RR scouted out the place and with what device.
It's difficult to fathom he waited for the 12 + hours in hopes that his prey would show up ; but apparently he was patient for that amount of time !
Did he have any advance notice at all ?

The secret service weren't informed until the last few minutes, possibly ?
Was RR content to wait yet again, if Trump didn't show up that day ?
Seems unlikely .... just saying.
Omo.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members