FL - West Palm Beach - Trump Assassination Attempt

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
dbm

For some time now, the emerging "protocol" has been that LE would not publish the manifesto of an assassin (would-be or accomplished) due to the kind of "brotherhood" that you mention.

In this case, however, federal prosecutors have decided in favor of the publication of a manifesto with a call to arms and a bounty on our former president and candidate for the presidency. It could have been redacted or there could have been a motion to keep the letter from the public eye until the trial due to its inflammatory and dangerous contents.

So former Attorney General Bill Barr makes a solid point.

I see your point. That makes sense due to the serious and active discussion taking place.

This is dimensional; the assassin and the SS mistakes. A lot of moving parts in the investigation.

I haven't seen this addressed, but I might have just missed it--there was a letter in a locked box left with someone before the attempted assassination and in the letter he said "This was an assassination attempt on Donald Trump but I failed you" So, he knew before he attempted it that he would fail? I don't get that. Was he planning on failing all along? Why did he leave a letter beforehand saying he failed? Sorry if I'm just misunderstanding or being slow.
I don't understand it either! JMO

Oran Routh will make an initial appearance in North Carolina federal court later Tuesday.

Apparently the feds had a warrant to search the 35 year-old's phone and other electronic devices when they searched his apartment in relation to his father's crimes and arrest.

Snipped from the document above:

View attachment 533029
View attachment 533030

Where was he staying in Florida during this time? Who does the Xterra belong to? Who are those phones registered to and how was he paying for them?

Just a few of my questions from todays information!
Well this looks very calculated to me and it's very clear to me that his intent was to in fact assassinate President Trump. He had many opportunities to change his mind or come to senses over the course of that month he was in Florida just waiting for Trump to be at the location.

Wonder if the arrest of his son now facing very serious federal charges will have any impact on RR with regard to how he handles his own case with prosecutors.
Or what his son says to authorities....etc etc...

The whole thing makes me go, "hmmm"....

Upon reading the ABC News report above, it was found on his phone's SD card... (I don't see a facepalm emoji)
His loss is a prosecutor's gain.

Last edited:
What determines if it will or won’t be released? Is there a protocol for this?

I personally think highlighting this type of information encourages other freaks to do the same.

It’s like a brotherhood. Many have been bullied and it doesn’t matter if they die in the process. It’s worth it to have their names remembered for decades.
I believe transparency determines that it be released. It is absolutely required to be released to defense attorneys.

Charges are always public. (Unless the defendant is a juvenile) You can't charge someone without evidence. When someone is charged with a crime, evidence is presented in the charging documents.

Charging documents sometimes redact witnesses names. In this case, they are not naming the of the box recipient and I believe the mention of the circumstances surrounding the box is purposely "vague" and that's why it's a bit confusing. So with regards to the letter, they are releasing just enough info for possible charges and not more. I see no reason to release the physical letter, but laws may require them to release it. MOO

This evidence was used to hold Routh in detention.

If they didn't mention the box and the letter etc, they may not have been able to hold him beyond gun charges and he could have possibly made bail.

I hear of "sealed indictments", but they always unsealed the next day. The sealing is likely due to grand jury issues because grand juries are secret. But the indictment and supporting evidence itself is always public.

In this case, Routh has not been indicted for attempted assassination, but they are pursuing it, hence it is included in the detention hearing
By clear and convincing evidence that no condition or combination of conditions of release will reasonably assure the safety of any other person and the community. By a preponderance of evidence that no condition or combination of conditions of release will reasonably assure the defendant’s appearance as required. https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.675056/gov.uscourts.flsd.675056.20.0.pdf

Here is the list of what should not be included in public case files:

Amendments to the Appellate, Bankruptcy, Civil, and Criminal Rules to implement the requirements of the E-Government Act of 2002 took effect on December 1, 2007. The new rules codify, to a large extent, the 2001 Judicial Conference privacy policy, as revised in 2003, requiring redaction of personal identifier information from filings1. The personal identifiers to be redacted are Social Security numbers, names of minor children, financial account numbers, dates of birth, and, in criminal cases, home addresses2.
The following documents in a criminal case shall not be included in the public case file and should not be made available to the public at the courthouse or via remote electronic access:

• unexecuted summonses or warrants of any kind (e.g., search warrants, arrest warrants);
  • pretrial bail or presentence investigation reports;
  • statements of reasons in the judgment of conviction;
  • juvenile records;
  • documents containing identifying information about jurors or potential jurors;
  • financial affidavits filed in seeking representation pursuant to the Criminal Justice Act;
  • ex parte requests for authorization of investigative, expert or other services pursuant to the Criminal Justice Act; and
  • sealed documents (e.g., motions for downward departure for substantial assistance, plea agreements indicating cooperation or victim statements).

With the detention orders, evidence is provided for holding him without bail.

Trump Assassination Attempt Suspect Will Remain In Custody Without Bail, Judge Says—As Feds Allege He Left A Letter About Killing Trump​

Last edited:
Why does one person have six cell phones? Makes me wonder if he was given any of those by someone and maybe the gun with the obliterated serial number as well. imo

Officials also found six cell phones, one of which showed a search of how to travel from Palm Beach to Mexico. A notebook found in the car contained criticisms of the Russian and Chinese governments and information on how to join Ukraine in its war against Russia.

Prosecutors have just charged Ryan Routh with the attempted assassination of Donald Trump:

Prosecutors on Tuesday filed the charge of attempted assassination of a major presidential candidate against Ryan Wesley Routh, the man they say camped outside of Donald Trump’s West Palm Beach golf course for hours on end, armed with a rifle that he pointed through a chain-link fence with a clear shot to the next hole where the former president was headed on September 15.

Routh was originally charged with two gun-related offenses, including obliteration of a firearm’s serial number and possessing a firearm while a convicted felon, while the investigation continued.

Judge Aileen Cannon, a Trump appointee who oversaw, and later threw out, the federal criminal classified documents case against the former president, was randomly assigned to oversee the case, court documents show.

Indictment:

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lupa