Florida Bar Allegedly Prepares Case against Baez

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LOL-- Anyone with greater knowledge than I have should step in and correct me-- property law is the opposite of my forte...
I haven't researched or thought thoroughly about this, but I think that specific rule could be referring to property an attorney holds in safekeeping for a client. ie. if I give my atty a gun to keep safely and the attorney disposes of it or sells it etc.
However, the passage you're citing could be applied to a situation like you're alluding to--
"conversion" is, as I recall, the interference with one's right to possess or hold interest in their property. So, I think this rule would apply to real and personal property, as well as property rights/media interests in certain applicable situations.

This is actually referring to preserving a client's funds--i.e. you can't take your client's money.

Thank God what an unnecessary distraction

FLORIDA BAR DROPS INVESTIGATION INTO JOSE BAEZ
A Florida Bar investigation into Casey Anthony's lawyer, Jose Baez, has been thrown out. Baez's team was accused of making some nasty statements about public officials in the case, including prosecutors.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18568548/detail.html#-

Another tactic to buy more time in this case?
Will he gain any money from sunshine doll also???

Oh puhleeze!

Baez defended himself and said he wasn't responsible for Todd Black's comments, because Black was not Baez's employee and Baez said he didn't know what Black was releasing to the media.

"PCM's statements were not made at the direction or with the approval of Mr. Baez. Mr. Baez has not paid and will not pay any part of PCM's fees or expenses," an attorney representing Baez wrote in a statement to the Bar.

The Florida Bar agreed and no disciplinary action was taken, but in the past Baez said Black was an employee.

"Todd Black does still work for us," Baez said in October 2008. "He has freed up so much of my time to concentrate on Casey's case."

Eyewitness News asked the Bar that statement and Baez told them he didn't see the inflammatory releases, but then later on he decided to hire Black and now reviews the releases.

Wow that's great--so LE now gets to subpeona all of PCM's records...don't forget a long way back he stated during a taped interview that Caylee was dead.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18568351/detail.html

*snip #1*
"Eyewitness News asked the Bar that statement and Baez told them he didn't see the inflammatory releases, but then later on he decided to hire Black and now reviews the releases."

LOL. JB needs to review TB's presser before they go to the fax machine. But things are turned around on JB in snip #2.

*snip #2*
"Baez is also under investigation for possibly violating advertising rules. The Bar has offered a diversion plan instead of disciplinary action. Baez can take an advertising course and will have to submit all his ads for a year to get approval. Baez has been given 16 days to respond to the Bar's deal."

The bar has to review anything he is putting on his website or out in the public for a year. Stinks to be him and how embarassing. :doh:

Oh puhleeze!

Baez defended himself and said he wasn't responsible for Todd Black's comments, because Black was not Baez's employee and Baez said he didn't know what Black was releasing to the media.

"PCM's statements were not made at the direction or with the approval of Mr. Baez. Mr. Baez has not paid and will not pay any part of PCM's fees or expenses," an attorney representing Baez wrote in a statement to the Bar.

The Florida Bar agreed and no disciplinary action was taken, but in the past Baez said Black was an employee.

"Todd Black does still work for us," Baez said in October 2008. "He has freed up so much of my time to concentrate on Casey's case."

Eyewitness News asked the Bar that statement and Baez told them he didn't see the inflammatory releases, but then later on he decided to hire Black and now reviews the releases.
Well that just makes my head spin!!

The article said The Florida Bar and on JVM it was the state attorney's office. I think we're all forgetting about the "huggies" JB was giving KC in jail. Ah ha - remember those - it was stated back then that there would be an investigation. So, I kinda think that is what the Florida Bar is looking at NOW. But the rumblings of the financial mess are also heating up.

I'm not sure that JB would be "incompetent" enough to even think he could violate an ethical canon and get away with it but then again - you never know. Money makes for stange bedfellows and all..........

JMHO
Bolded by me.
Some attorneys never realize that what they're doing is unethical and/or unprofessional until it's too late and someone's investigating them (and, obviously, these attorneys should never have been practicing in the first place.)

To me all this means is someone has suggested some impropriety, filed a claim and the powers are looking into it, as they should.
We had another case where a member from a board filed the claim after having discussion. We don't have the first clue.

And that's the way it's typically handled in the initial stages: in private.

Many states' bar associations have rules preventing any disclosure that an investigation is even open (many are based upon the American Bar Association’s Model Rules for Disciplinary Enforcement,) and, therefore, you never know, unless there's a public reprimand/censure/court opinion following the private/confidential adminstrative process.

Sorry to resurrect this thread JBean:blowkiss: but this is new today.

Fla is apparently investigating the Baez and Todd Black connection again.

Casey Anthony's defense attorney at center of another Florida Bar inquiry
Amy L. Edwards | Sentinel Staff Writer
2:43 PM EST, February 23, 2009
The Florida Bar has another inquiry open into Casey Anthony's defense attorney, Jose Baez.

A Bar spokeswoman couldn't disclose details about the inquiry, but said it pertains to Baez's relationship with his now former media-relations company.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...casey-anthony-baez-bar-022309,0,3694212.story

(JBean, I think I got the right thread and at least you don't have to merge it. :rolleyes:)

Quote Angel who cares in daily updates thread-
Casey Anthony's defense attorney center of another Florida Bar inquiry

<snipped>
A Bar spokeswoman couldn't disclose details about the inquiry, but said it pertains to Baez's relationship with his now former media relations company.
Since fall, Baez's law firm referred news reporters to a spokesman named "Todd Black" with a company called Press Corps Media.
Black never agreed to in-person interviews with reporters, would not provide his photograph, and did not reveal his true identity.

Timothy Chinaris, an attorney representing Baez in that inquiry, told the Bar that Press Corps Media was retained by a Connecticut family.
Chinaris said his client had not paid and will not pay "any part" of Press Corps Media's fees or expenses.
Baez has since hired a new spokeswoman. An attempt to reach her this afternoon was not successful.

Article:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,3694212.story

Thought I bring this thread back with this updated info, as there is now ANOTHER Bar investigation going on....think this bring out WHO the money people in CT are?

Sorry to resurrect this thread JBean:blowkiss: but this is new today.

Fla is apparently investigating the Baez and Todd Black connection again.

Casey Anthony's defense attorney at center of another Florida Bar inquiry
The Florida Bar has another inquiry open into Casey Anthony's defense attorney, Jose Baez.

A Bar spokeswoman couldn't disclose details about the inquiry, but said it pertains to Baez's relationship with his now former media-relations company.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...casey-anthony-baez-bar-022309,0,3694212.story

(JBean, I think I got the right thread and at least you don't have to merge it. :rolleyes:)

LOL...I call Jinx...great minds and all that...LOL

So can I jump up and down now and yell YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEE?!!!!!!!!!!

(PS- it's about friggin time!)

http://.com/2009/02/13/update-on-th...il-cabot-request-for-inquiry-complaint-filed/

I did not click through all the pages, but I believe it's in that article

Who is this "Connecticut Family" and why were they paying for this? How would they benefit? Also, what could Baez's relationship with "Black" have been that it was un-ethical?

I hope to find out who the CT family is. That's the only thing worthy this inquiry could bring, IMO.

http://.com/2009/02/13/update-on-th...il-cabot-request-for-inquiry-complaint-filed/

I did not click through all the pages, but I believe it's in that article

OOOOOHHHHHH........Do you think MN is the one who filed htis new complaint? LOL....I love Karma!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971
Back